The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gundam0089

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

I'm good with the giant backpack. Makes me think of the Phantoma from Zone of the Enders. It's probably gonna have missiles or something. If not, then it might be a long-range, or atmospheric flight model, which I always love to see.
Arsarcana

Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw that. Although with the large shields that were just revealed, I guess it's now sort of a cross between the Phantoma and the Cyclops...
battletech wrote:Loving all the solid melee weapons. Beam tech seems to be in short supply.
Gundam0089 wrote:I hope the same goes for all the guns.
I like the emphasis on solid weaponry too but I'm willing to bet that by the end there's going to be a lot more beam weapons in use than solid ones. I remember when the first 00 teaser came out there was some speculation that since the only obvious beam weapon was Virtue's oversized bazooka, maybe beam weaponry was new. That wound up being sort of true but by the end the non-GN weapons were the exception to the rule.

Anyhow, I figure that's coming here too but I will be pleasantly surprised if the show proves me wrong.
balofo

From the CGS site:
-MS are equipped with エイハブ・リアクター(Eihabu Reactor?) and Nano Laminate Armor
-The MW's 30mm are thus peashooters
Arsarcana

エイハブ is how Ahab of Moby Dick is written in Japanese. I'm not sure how much sense that makes as a name for a power source but I can't think of any other obvious reading.
Gundam0089

One thing I really hope to see in this series is more ground battles. So tired of all the battles on Earth taking place in the sky.
Last edited by Gundam0089 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Duel

Gundam0089 wrote:One thing I really hope to see in this series is more ground battles. So tired of all the battles on Earth taking place in the sky when on Earth.
I second this. That's one thing I loved about 0083 is that during the arc on Earth, we actually got proper ground combat instead of some kind of poor man's ACM with giant robots. Not that I necessarily have a problem with the latter per se. I just find true ground MS combat much more interesting.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gundam0089

Dark Duel wrote:
Gundam0089 wrote:One thing I really hope to see in this series is more ground battles. So tired of all the battles on Earth taking place in the sky when on Earth.
I second this. That's one thing I loved about 0083 is that during the arc on Earth, we actually got proper ground combat instead of some kind of poor man's ACM with giant robots. Not that I necessarily have a problem with the latter per se. I just find true ground MS combat much more interesting.
00 and G-Reco did this a lot. AGE didn't have too much ground combat either, since a large portion of the series took place in space. The last series that had any meaningful ground combat was SEED.
Zeonista

balofo wrote:This is confirmed to be a Gundam since it has the same inner frame as the Barbatos plus a v-fin and dual eyes. Might be the Gundam Kimaris.

http://i.imgur.com/VLETJoR.jpg
Kimaris, eh? Ah, we have a new Gundam with a significant name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimaris
エイハブ is how Ahab of Moby Dick is written in Japanese. I'm not sure how much sense that makes as a name for a power source but I can't think of any other obvious reading.
Well Arsacana, given the names of the two Gundams I am inclined to support your reading. Ahab makes an interesting name to give the designer/maker of a MS power plant. Melville's choice of that Biblical name of ill omen for his vengeful whaling captain was meant to be read into the literary character.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
balofo

-Barbatos' model number has been corrected to ASW-G-08.
-Confirmation on there being 72 Gundams in the war 300 years ago.
-Therefore Gundam Gusion should be ASW-G-11 and Kimaris ASW-G-66. All other future Gundam names and numbers will come from Ars Goetia.
-Those protusions on the boys back are ''cyber'' enhancements. The human debris boys aren't enhanced.
Gundam0089

Gundam Gusion? Where did this one come from?
RyuseiDateSRX

balofo wrote:-Barbatos' model number has been corrected to ASW-G-08.
-Confirmation on there being 72 Gundams in the war 300 years ago.
-Therefore Gundam Gusion should be ASW-G-11 and Kimaris ASW-G-66. All other future Gundam names and numbers will come from Ars Goetia.
-Those protusions on the boys back are ''cyber'' enhancements. The human debris boys aren't enhanced.
Wow, this all sounds awesome. And wait wait wait, all this time, the ASW-G-66 model number for Barbatos was a mistake? Why did it take them this long until they corrected it?

And about the protusions on the boys' back, could that be why they pilot topless? Because maybe the cockpit has things that connect directly to their back from the seat or something, giving them enhanced control of their suits or some other effect? This is really interesting.
Gundam0089

I'm gonna out on a limb and say the boys pilot shirtless, because (maybe) the scenes they're shirtless in are just mock battles and training. Or the mobile workers have no AC?

I think it'd be perfectly easy to develop a pilot suit that could work with the enhancements they have on their back.

Constantly shirtless piloting would be so lame in a Gundam series.
RyuseiDateSRX

Gundam0089 wrote:I'm gonna out on a limb and say the boys pilot shirtless, because (maybe) the scenes they're shirtless in are just mock battles and training. Or the mobile workers have no AC?

I think it'd be perfectly easy to develop a pilot suit that could work with the enhancements they have on their back.

Constantly shirtless piloting would be so lame in a Gundam series.
Lol, it would be unique though. And even if the mobile workers have no AC, which would make me wonder why not, I think the more advanced mobile suits including Gundam Barbatos should have AC. It just seems to be something that's standard, especially for high tech mobile suits. But anything is possible I guess. There was a scene in the PVs showing Augus piloting topless, but he probably was piloting a mobile worker there and not Gundam Barbatos. Also, good point on the pilot suits working with the enhancements.
Gundam0089

So is it me or is the marketing for this Gundam series a little on the low side? We're 2 weeks, 14 days, out from the first episode. And all we got are 2 showabsolutelynothing previews.
Last edited by Gundam0089 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyuseiDateSRX

Unless you count the promotion of Barbatos being in Gundam Extreme VS Force. And apparently there will be 2 forms. 1st episode form and 4th episode form. I think I heard this from Balofo, but I'm not entirely sure about the whole thing.
Gundam0089

I suppose that's one way to advertise, given how popular those games are in Japan.

Still wish we had line art for the Hyakuren and Hyakuri.
RyuseiDateSRX

I just wonder if Barbatos' new form in episode 4 if it's true is actually a form, in the sense of an armour pack or something, or just equipped with different or more weapons, but no changes to the body.
Gundam0089

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just the cannibalized parts of other MS we saw at the end of the second PV.
RyuseiDateSRX

Haha, that'll be quite fitting, considering how Barbatos gives off this barbaric vibe. Also, they already said this series will involve Barbatos and other suits using parts taken from other suits and places right?
Gundam0089

Yeah the Barbatos will use parts from other MS. But I'm sure it will get entirely new forms later.