The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

-1/100 Gusion/Rebake: there's a new description text for both, nothing new. Other new info is that the 4 arm mode is assisted by AV System and is for close combat too.

Option Set 4:
-UW-33 Union MW: overall height: 4.3m, empty weight: 2.8t. State of the art armed MW developed by a Jovian heavy industry. Used for self defense and widely distributed.
-Battle Blade: developed for Graze use during ground melee combat. Lightweight so it's easy to handle, minimum load on the posture control system, exhibits sufficient destructive power.
-Kimaris Booster: developed mainly for long distance transport and low orbit battle. Can maintain high mobility even under gravity, strengthening Kimaris style of combat.

I will fully translate the backlog of IBO manuals, just a matter of time :)
Calubin_175

Derringer wrote:actually the Gusion parts can fit on the old 1/100 Barbatos frame because the Gusion portion does not use the Frame legs, only the chest and arms and thighs. It is true though that the Rebake's leg frame have different slots than the Barbatos frame.
http://xn--y8ja7ob40bgc4b.com/%E4%BD%9C ... %E3%81%BF/

Gusion armor on Barbatos still require some modification, but the Rebake is even more difficult.
Ferrus_Manus

Is it possible that the height and weight stats of the MW's are flipped? The UW-33 looks like it is around 2.8 meters high next to normal people, and not 4 meters. Same for the CGS MW.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
balofo

Ferrus_Manus wrote:Is it possible that the height and weight stats of the MW's are flipped? The UW-33 looks like it is around 2.8 meters high next to normal people, and not 4 meters. Same for the CGS MW.
Nope they are right and consistent with all released info before
balofo

HG Barbatos 6th form info
-Made with Teiwaz cooperation and captured parts
-There's a Barbatos 5th Form for ground battle with the high heels
-They call the hip parts Schwalbe's Flight Unit(i thought the Flight Unit was the back parts as mentioned in every kit so far) and they use Kutan parts as connectors for original 5th Form
-Dinosaw's official name is Wrench Mace
-Arm options are called Mortar(missile used in ep 19) and Autocannon(shown in 6th Form lineart)
balofo

Ep 21 PV shows a new Graze variant: new color, new backpack, using the land hip booster from Option Set 2 and the Battle Blade from Option Set 3: http://i.imgur.com/d9CFMSX.jpg

Carta's Ritter also appears and it and the MP versions now have the new thigh armor with booster, so it must be for ground battle only.

Barbatos gonna use the 5th Form for ground battle, debuting the Wrench Mace and the arm Autocannons.

Now that Ein will get AV he might pilot the Kimaris upgrade.
kabukigang777

balofo wrote:Ep 21 PV shows a new Graze variant: new color, new backpack, using the land hip booster from Option Set 2 and the Battle Blade from Option Set 3: http://i.imgur.com/d9CFMSX.jpg

Carta's Ritter also appears and it and the MP versions now have the new thigh armor with booster, so it must be for ground battle only.

Barbatos gonna use the 5th Form for ground battle, debuting the Wrench Mace and the arm Autocannons.

Now that Ein will get AV he might pilot the Kimaris upgrade.
maybe Gaelio Bauduin too will have this implant because he was convinced by his friend mcgillis,he will let eins use the boss MS i guess?ein is bionic now.
FinalSin66

My guess is the gray graze are from oceiana fed., the different backpacks are different reactors(possibly battery like ones) seeing as only gjallarhorn can make new ahabs.
kabukigang777

kimaris trooper is like a downgrade kimaris to me still like the original ver
MayflyOfSpace

So it looks like the next few MS have been revealed in terms of gunpla.

We've got the Kimaris Trooper, a upgrade/refit of the Kimaris modified for ground combat. New thrusters mounted on the back skirts, giant shoulders are gone now, and it's armed with a new, larger lance and a shield now. There's also something going on with the sideskirts, but I can't tell what exactly.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DSKV-sUBq5g/ ... tled-7.jpg

Next, we've got the reveal for MS G, confirmed as another Valkyria Frame. Armed with two axes and what look like two pile bunkers mounted on the forearms. Feet seem a little strange, but oh well.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C26Kbhjr_Aw/ ... tled-3.jpg

And finally, we have what seems to be a Gundam-Type MS, Gundam Astaroth, appearing in what I'm guessing is some upcoming IBO side story? Kind of reminds me of the GP-03 if it was designed by Ippei Gyobu. Carries a pretty massive sword and looks like it's got the armor of some other MS mounted on its left arm. Not sure if this is a magazine build or if we are getting an actual kit of this, but my money is it's just a magazine build.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r69UT2HH62Q/ ... tled-2.png

I'm pretty excited for the hopes of IBO side story stuff. Especially if it delves into the past of the setting and sheds more light on the Calamity War.
Xenosynth

The upper right of the Astaroth's page seems to have a model data part so it might be full release? Since it mentions HG there. I dunno if they regularly reference the bandai lines w/ magazine kits.
E08

MayflyOfSpace wrote: Next, we've got the reveal for MS G, confirmed as another Valkyria Frame. Armed with two axes and what look like two pile bunkers mounted on the forearms. Feet seem a little strange, but oh well.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C26Kbhjr_Aw/ ... tled-3.jpg
Where did you get the Valkyria Frame part from? It's not on the page. The text next to the two axes did note that the shape of the suit's head and chest resembles the Graze series.
MayflyOfSpace

Xenosynth wrote:The upper right of the Astaroth's page seems to have a model data part so it might be full release? Since it mentions HG there. I dunno if they regularly reference the bandai lines w/ magazine kits.
I see what you mean. Hopefully it means it's a full release, otherwise I'd guess that that little blurb might be mentioning what kits were used when scratchbuilding the magazine display.
E08 wrote: Where did you get the Valkyria Frame part from? It's not on the page. The text next to the two axes did note that the shape of the suit's head and chest resembles the Graze series.
I think where I got that from is all the drinking I did tonight. Sorry about jumping the gun. I'm pretty sure I saw its overall design and jumped to conclusions before actually really looking at it. It's clear to me now that this is at the very least based on a Graze, albeit a heavily modified one.

As a moment of further speculation, however, I'm going to guess that if Ein gets all cybernewtyped up, he's going to pilot this monstrous Graze variant.
balofo

ASW-G-29 Gundam Astaroth is for a Gundam Ace/HJ Gaiden story. Will get a HG release, comes with a machinegun too: http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/gundamseries ... d7c29d.jpg

MS G is most likely a water use Graze for cyborg Ein, so there is still a Grimgerde variation to be revealed. I doubt it's for the MSV series since they bothered to make a 1/100 Grimgerde

Kimaris Trooper and Graze Ritter release on 3/10.
kabukigang777

the head of ASW-G-29 Gundam Astaroth looks like G-Arcane in g-reco.
Calubin_175

Lucifer hip jump units, similar to those of Barbatos 6th form. It is pretty much a G Arcane in (Sword)Strike Gundam colours. That right arm is from the Man Rodi.
MayflyOfSpace

balofo wrote: so there is still a Grimgerde variation to be revealed. I doubt it's for the MSV series since they bothered to make a 1/100 Grimgerde
Hey balofo, since you seem to recall, how many more HG releases do we know about that we haven't seen yet? It's still like one or two, right?

Also, is it just me, or does it look like the Astaroth has a second large hand mounted beneath the armor on its left arm?
E08

Calubin_175 wrote:Lucifer hip jump units, similar to those of Barbatos 6th form. It is pretty much a G Arcane in (Sword)Strike Gundam colours. That right arm is from the Man Rodi.
Rather than Man Rodi, the right arm looks more like Spinner Rodi's to me.
balofo

All HG and 1/100 releases have been revealed. Now we have the MSV releases to look forward if there will be any more

Astaroth's indeed has Spinner Rodi's shoulder
Kuruni

If we have MSV, they better include Leraje Gundam as true sniper type (even if it end up considered the worst among the Gundam due to nanolaminate armor).
My girlfriend was a loli.