The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Japanese grammar will forever elude me, even if I sort of know the basic one sentence grammar. It gets hard in longer sentences or chained sentences.
MayflyOfSpace

Looks like the modified Hyakuren seen in the second opening is called the Rouei, and is disguised as such so it doesn't draw attention to the fact that it is a MS operated by Teiwaz. That suggests to me that either the two machines we've seen are the only two, or they are produced by Teiwaz in very limited numbers (which considering Teiwaz's already limited manufacturing capability, is probably very few indeed).

Overall it looks like a Hyakuren outfitted with the head sensors of the Hyakuri, additional thrusters on the backpack, with additional almost Gelgoog-like armor on the legs and waist.

Armaments seem to be a one-handed club/mace and a short barreled machine gun.
Last edited by MayflyOfSpace on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

-Kutan now has 2 gun ports on the front, not mentioned before
-Barbatos 5th Form extra chest black armor piece was reactive armor made specially to catch Gungnir attacks
-Barbatos 5th Form arm fixed weapons are missiles
-The teal knight Graze is not unique and still has the normal Graze chest/thigh armor in contrast with the gunpla version
-Halfbeak class have missile launchers
-Nano-mirror chaff, which is ancient tech

Official twitter:
-Grimgerde's blades have the unusual gold color because they are made of a special super hard alloy
-5th Form chest has Anti-Kimaris Use Armor

Ippei twitter:
-Kimaris' head has a group of high sensitivity sensors that can correct the course during piercing in milimeters
nacho-wan

I was surprised by the teal grazes. Usually such an ornate unit is one of kind. Seem them do the attack on formation was surprising, kind of reminded me of the Black Stars. Sadly it didn't amount to anything.

It was just me, or Ein's got a custom unit, a hand-me-down custom unit? what it was extra thrusters on the back?

As for chocolate man's Valkyrie, I did quite the entrance. Would love to see it more on the battlefield -which is something that can be said for most mechas in this series.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
SonicSP

nacho-wan wrote:I was surprised by the teal grazes. Usually such an ornate unit is one of kind. Seem them do the attack on formation was surprising, kind of reminded me of the Black Stars. Sadly it didn't amount to anything.

It was just me, or Ein's got a custom unit, a hand-me-down custom unit? what it was extra thrusters on the back?

As for chocolate man's Valkyrie, I did quite the entrance. Would love to see it more on the battlefield -which is something that can be said for most mechas in this series.
I think Ein got Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze IIRC.
Dark Duel

Judging from the color scheme, Sonic's got it right - Ein was using Gali Gali's hand-me-down Schwalbe Graze. And now I think on it, IIRC there was some brief dialog between them on the subject back when Gali Gali first dusted off the Kimaris.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
RyuseiDateSRX

Even though Ein was using Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze, has it been modified from when Ein was using it? Can't remember if it's exactly the same as when Gaelio used it. Like nacho said, it might have been modified with extra thrusters or something? Maybe different weapons?
balofo

Official website updated with new MS: http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/index.php

-Barbatos 5th Form: enhanced with Montag Company parts. Hip boosters from Ein's Schwalbe and chest anti-Kimaris armor.
-EB-06r Graze Ritter: used by the Carta Corps, has excellent adjusted mobility than the usual Graze for orbital battle
-STH-05R Rouei: has also been adjusted for ground battle. Rafter's unit is actually Amida's Hyakuren retrofitted.
-Kimaris+Booster: to defeat Barbatos it's equipped with a booster to raise mobility. Able to maintain high mobility under gravity it enhances Kimaris combat style of hit&away with the lance.

Now they only need to reveal the Kimaris upgrade, the Graze Ritter completed form and MS G.
radioactive28

Looking at the Graze Ritter, we can see where Barbatos' 6th form comes from...
Dark Duel

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Even though Ein was using Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze, has it been modified from when Ein was using it? Can't remember if it's exactly the same as when Gaelio used it. Like nacho said, it might have been modified with extra thrusters or something? Maybe different weapons?
As far as I can tell, it is identical - it doesn't appear to have been modified in any noticeable way
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
PowerdGNFlag

Dark Duel wrote:
RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Even though Ein was using Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze, has it been modified from when Ein was using it? Can't remember if it's exactly the same as when Gaelio used it. Like nacho said, it might have been modified with extra thrusters or something? Maybe different weapons?
As far as I can tell, it is identical - it doesn't appear to have been modified in any noticeable way
The only change in Ein's use of it is his preference for the standard Graze rifle over the short rifle+lance that Gaelio used.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
RyuseiDateSRX

Ah, that's probably it. Forgot that Gaelio used a lance with it lol. Thanks.
balofo

1/100 Kimaris(comes with the Booster) and 1/100 Barbatos 6th Form confirmed for March

MS F seems to be Carta's commander version of the Graze Ritter: new top chest armor piece, new thigh armor with additional boosters(not shown on OP2), larger tomahawk antenna, larger shoulder armor outer piece.

The 1/144 Barbatos 6th Form comes with extra parts for the MP Graze Ritter, maybe they also come with MS F since they share runners: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org739084.jpg
Calubin_175

I am impressed with how comprehensive the accessories are for the 1/10 Gusion and Kimaris. It only appears that the Graze was the one who missed out in 1/100 options as it had the most amount of options and could only achieve it through a shared weapon pack in with the Hyakuren's in HG form.

Gusion axe and chopper were probably designed for the anime but never used.

1/100 Graze Ritter likely to be p-bandai then. The remaining 1/100 would be Barbatos 6th form, probably still no mace so the MG should have it.
Kuruni

Official site update with Graze Ritter and Rouei, their model numbers are EB-06r and STH-05R. It's also note that Lafter's Rouei was Amida's Hyakuren.
My girlfriend was a loli.
kabukigang777

i hope they release some perfect grade for this series because the gundam frame is more versatile than other series
kabukigang777

Calubin_175 wrote:I am impressed with how comprehensive the accessories are for the 1/10 Gusion and Kimaris. It only appears that the Graze was the one who missed out in 1/100 options as it had the most amount of options and could only achieve it through a shared weapon pack in with the Hyakuren's in HG form.

Gusion axe and chopper were probably designed for the anime but never used.

1/100 Graze Ritter likely to be p-bandai then. The remaining 1/100 would be Barbatos 6th form, probably still no mace so the MG should have it.
mg bit not i guess because we have hi-res grade im very dissapointed to bandai because they can use that hi-res design and make it mg kit so to me bit not,im just hoping for perfect grade release for barbatos and even kimaris and the rebake because they have almost same frame
SonicSP

Considering that even a MG release isn't a guerenteed for a lead character's Gundams anymore, I think PG for all the IBO Gundam might be a stretch for he moment. Always possible of cause, but I think the trend is moving away from that.

Though for what it's worth they did revive the NG 1/100 line again for IBO and made it a focus, and that wasn't much of a trend for awhile until IBO sort of brought it back.
Calubin_175

The top heavy mace may still pose some weight issues for 1/100 scale.

The original 1/100 Barbatos frame could not fit Gushion parts since the slots and moulds have differences.
Derringer

actually the Gusion parts can fit on the old 1/100 Barbatos frame because the Gusion portion does not use the Frame legs, only the chest and arms and thighs. It is true though that the Rebake's leg frame have different slots than the Barbatos frame.