The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Hyakuri manual:
-Model number: STH-14s. Overall height: 18.5m, dry weight:33.4t
-Hyakuri is a high mobility type MS mostly involved in patrolling activity that is being operated by Teiwaz and its lower branches. Teiwaz assumes operation in the Outer Sphere space, because of the instability of Ahab Waves in that sector and the ineffectiveness of optical visibility, a MS with excellent scouting ability and unassisted long distance flight has always been required for the asteroid belt and debris belt course. The Hyakuri is a mainline machine that is being operated currently. The back has a protuding peculiar shape, it's equipped with a large sensor to detect Ahab Waves. This backpack is also a large booster unit, it carries out the role of an armament rack too. Its forte is to make use of the high thrust for hit-and-run attacks during combat, its mobility to escape from anti-aircraft fire threatens enemy ships too. Teiwaz's Rafter Frankland boarded the Hyakuri and toyed with Tekkadan due to its mobility.
-Rafter Frankland: mainly pilots the Hyakuri. Engaged in fierce battle with the Barbatos. Naze's lover, calls him ''Darling''.
-Corps member: solo operation during reconnaissance is the base, however in Teiwaz's lower branch Turbines a 2 Hyakurens, 1 Hyakuri composition is often taken. Hyakuri has a wide range of roles from raid to logistical support.
-Environmental activity: because of the characteristic backpack structure the machine's weight balance is poor, operation in outer space has become the core.
-Beyond the usual Hyakuri equipment, a information support type specialized in reconnaissance and enemy search as well as a fire support type equipped with a heavy equipment backpack have been confirmed. The former is often seen when the organization carries out interplanetary travel, the latter is deployed for base defense. Also, by loading the backpack with arms and ammo it bears front line supplying support too.
-Rifle: rifle manufactured by one of Teiwaz's lower branches, Euro Electronics, engaged in heavy industries. It has been adopted as a Hyakuri standard equipment.
-Knuckle Shield: part of Hyakuri's backpack. It's equipped to the arms when released as the Knuckle Shield. To strike with armor protected by Nano Laminate armor.
Last edited by balofo on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

Ep 7 info:
-TIR-0009 Hammerhead. Canon loadout seems to be same as the Isaribi, 2 missile launchers located on the front somewhere. Front large shield plus 2 anchors.
-Isaribi has 4 missile launchers in each side fuselage.
-Napalm shells can melt nanolaminate armor
-A purple color Space Tekkadan MW exists, maybe Orga's commander unit

Oh and according to the official twitter Tekkadan got the Bazooka Gun amidst the confusion during the withdrawal after the battle with Coral.
Deathzealot

So many of the ships have the same lay-out, at least the older ones do. Also that is an interesting catapult system.
Wingnut

I must have missed it somewhere, but why are there no beam weapons around? Obvious answer is the nano-laminate armor, but what exactly does that do that made beam weapons so neutered that no one uses them any more?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Xenosynth

Maybe Post Calamity is a universe where particle beam weaponry was a rarity/curiosity, rather than being fit for mass production instead being just a prototypical weapon or even just nonexistent.
Chris
Administrator

Wingnut wrote:I must have missed it somewhere, but why are there no beam weapons around? Obvious answer is the nano-laminate armor, but what exactly does that do that made beam weapons so neutered that no one uses them any more?
We know very little about this world, but what makes you assume they even developed beam weapons to begin with?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

Chris wrote:
Wingnut wrote:I must have missed it somewhere, but why are there no beam weapons around? Obvious answer is the nano-laminate armor, but what exactly does that do that made beam weapons so neutered that no one uses them any more?
We know very little about this world, but what makes you assume they even developed beam weapons to begin with?
That every other universe gave their Gundams beam weapons? It seems one of those things that should be part of the history, and if it's not, I hope they hint at the fact sometime soon.

On another point, what's powering the Tekkadan base if the Barbatos isn't around anymore? Sakura's corn?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Eclipse36

Wingnut wrote:
Chris wrote:
That every other universe gave their Gundams beam weapons? It seems one of those things that should be part of the history, and if it's not, I hope they hint at the fact sometime soon.

On another point, what's powering the Tekkadan base if the Barbatos isn't around anymore? Sakura's corn?

This is a completely new series set in a completely new universe. The people that made this dont have to follow what other series have done in terms of technology. They could leave beams weapons out all together througout the whole series. They're going to do what they want. And nobody is at the base.Everybodys in space now so worrying over an empty base is irrevelant.Keep up.
Chris
Administrator

Wingnut wrote:That every other universe gave their Gundams beam weapons? It seems one of those things that should be part of the history, and if it's not, I hope they hint at the fact sometime soon.
That's pretty weak reasoning. The whole point of alternate universes when they started with G was to be different from UC. If they all have the same basic technology, nothing sets them apart.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Calubin_175

New setting, new laws, new premise. That's why the Gundam franchise required AU to begin with since the technology peaked at the end of the UC in Victory Gundam and they needed a fresh universe to explore different ideas.
Amion

Calubin_175 wrote:New setting, new laws, new premise. That's why the Gundam franchise required AU to begin with since the technology peaked at the end of the UC in Victory Gundam and they needed a fresh universe to explore different ideas.
I'm not sure it peaked. Reconguista has some pretty frighting weapons.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Eclipse36

Amion wrote:
Calubin_175 wrote:New setting, new laws, new premise. That's why the Gundam franchise required AU to begin with since the technology peaked at the end of the UC in Victory Gundam and they needed a fresh universe to explore different ideas.
I'm not sure it peaked. Reconguista has some pretty frighting weapons.

Reconguista wasn't set in UC though. That was the Regild Century
Deathzealot

It was based after the end of UC though. Still the same universe apparently.
Amion

Correct. Reconguista is part of the UC saga, just a far-flung expansion of it, like with G Savior.
Evex

I have two theories on why beam weapons are not present in this universe.

1. The calamity war is probably named after the widespread destruction it caused. Considering the earth had to be set up into economic blocks, with mars and juipter being divided by those blocks. Its very possible that beam weapons did at some point exist in this universe, but at some point the destruction caused during the calamity war made it impossible to keep the technology in use.

2. Bisuit mentions that even the nano laminate armor will melt if it gets hit by to many napalm missiles being fired by the turbines ship. This makes me believe that nano laminate armor is mostly heat resistant, which means it would take multiple strikes from a beam weapon to break through it. This factor could of prevented the development of beam weapons, since all mobile suits are equipped with this type of armor. It also looks like the Alaya-Vijnan system was in wide use during the calamity war, which most likely made it harder to target an actual mobile suit with such a weapon.

In contrast solid based munitions are able to dent and eventually break through the armor. We see this in the fight with the barbatos vs gjallarjhorn in space, and again when the Hyakuri is able to not only dent tekkaden's ship armor, but get through it along with damaging the barbatos. I suspect weapons like the gundam hammer and Raiders "Mjolnir" hammer would be effective weapons against this type of armor. More so then a standard beam rifle and beam saber.
balofo

Gunpla Expo spoilers:

1)Long distance transportation Booster Cutan 3 Type?(クタン参型). Has 3 modes: Barbatos, Graze Kai(arm booster fixed to legs) and solo(seems to have its own cockpit). The back guns are the same as the Barbatos smooth bore gun, the arms don't seem to have any weapons.

http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_014.jpg
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_013.jpg
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_012.jpg

2)Graze Kai upgrade: new head antenna and shoulders, same weapons
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_008.jpg

3)Unknown Graze? variant: entirely new armor. 2 shields with some attachment and a gun with a drum top magazine.
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_010.jpg
http://www.kk1up.jp/wp-content/uploads/ ... 001-40.jpg

4)Option Set 4: Kimaris large booster, sword, and a new variation of the Tekkadan MW(new turret on top). February release
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_006.jpg
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_005.jpg

The January Gundam release wasn't revealed, but it will be in HJ next week.

Release dates so we know when to expect manual info:
-1/100 Schwalbe Graze: January, 21st
-Long Range Booster, Manrodi, Gusion: December, 10th
-Kimaris: January, 14th
MayflyOfSpace

balofo wrote: 3)Unknown Graze? variant: entirely new armor. 2 shields with some attachment and a gun with a drum top magazine.
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 95_010.jpg
I'm a little surprised by this one. I assumed that they would unveil the assumed Gundam-type MS that they teased alongside that other new Graze. But this is a much different MS indeed.

Regardless, IBO has some of the best mecha designs in recent years, in my opinion.
balofo

http://www.kk1up.jp/wp-content/uploads/ ... 001-56.jpg

The Booster can carry the MS G-Falcon style. So which boy will pilot it?

-1/100 Gusion in February: http://www.kk1up.jp/wp-content/uploads/ ... 001-74.jpg
-1/100 Kimaris in March.
-1/100 Graze release is December, 17th
Amion

I like the Gusion. It gives me a classic, alien vibe, like something we should logically expect from the far-flung future. However, I find myself asking what the designers were thinking when they made that hammer. It's the stupidest thing I've seen a mobile suit using in my memory. Seriously. That's just dumb.

As for the new Graze. Ooh, that is one sweet suit. It reminds me of what you'd get if you crossed the Anubis from Zone of Enders with a Gafran from AGE. One sleek, mean, awesome machine. Here's to the new Graze getting some legit screentime and not being a foddersuit!

Then again, even fodder's gotten some good action in IBO. I am confident Okada won't disappoint.
balofo

Website updated with Cutan 3 Type

http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/19.php

Belongs to Teiwaz, highly versatile.