Code Geass Mecha Thread

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Code Geass Mecha Thread

This has been giving me headaches for a long time. Let's see what I gathered from my :

1)Akira Yasuda: did design proposal for almost all KMF from Code Geass and R2, not sure if he did this to all variants from existing KMF or even all KMF that appeared in the anime series. Also confirmed to have done Akito's Alexander, Vercingetorix and new Lancelot for the OVA. Recently posted a rough for Equus from the DS game, so I assume he also did Aquila and Regalia. Not involved in either OZ series. Listed for the Lost Colors game. Don't know if he did the KGFs.

-Won't do a comprehensive list for him since it's hard to come by his rough designs. I've seen: Lancelot and upgrades, Sutherland, Glasgow, Guren and upgrades, Gawain, Panzer Hummel, Mordred, Tristan.

2)Eiji Nakata: did cleanup for the majority of KMF from Code Geass and R2. Not part of the OVA. Involved in both OZ series. Listed for both DS and Lost Colors Game.

-Pretty much confirmed clean ups/original designs: Lancelot and upgrades, Sutherland, Glasgow, Guren and upgrades, Gawain, Burai/Kai, Gloucester/Cornelia's, Gekka, Vincent/Ward, Shinkirou, Zangetsu, Akatuski/Zikisan, Shen-Hu, Byakuen, Lancelot Grail/Trial, Amanecer, Vincent Gram, Lancelot Club, Gekka Pre-Production Test Type, Equus, Aquila and Regalia.
-Doubtful cleanups/original designs: Portman, Ganymede, MR-1, Raikou, Gang Lou, Gareth, Mordred, Percival, Gekka Shiden, Gekka Narisuna, Gekka Custom/Alonso, Estrella, all OZ color/minor variants.

3)Astrays: did a few cleanups for Code Geass and some for R2. Involved in OVA. Involved in both OZ series. Listed for the Lost Colors Game.

-Pretty much confirmed clean ups/original designs: Knight Police, Portman II, Tristan/Divider, Galahad, all Alexander Type 02 and Drone, Gracchus, Gloucester Swordman Ashura Corps, Agravain, Zetland, Bradford, Florence.

4)Sakura Takumi: Listed in some places for R2. Involved in OVA. Involved in both OZ series but not actually listed in official sites.

-Pretty much confirmed clean ups/original designs: Akito's Alexander, Sutherland and Gloucester for Raphael Knights, OVA Glasgow, Sutherland Eye(http://i.imgur.com/jPcAq9l.jpg), other OZ KMF using CG as lineart.

5)Katoki Hajime: Involved in OVA

-Confirmed clean up: Vercingetorix

6)Kenji Teraoka: responsible for the KGF, ships and vehicles for both anime series. Involved in OVA. Involved in OZ most likely did the Granberry.

Pretty much confirmed clean ups/original designs: all ships, all vehicles, all cockpits, Bamides, Siegfried, Sutherland Sieg, Liverpool
Doubtful cleanups/original designs: OVA Panzer Hummel and Gardmare

7)These following designers are listed for the OVA but I have no idea what they did: 宮本 崇, 片貝文洋、剛田チーズ.

*I have also no idea who did these OZ manga designs:
-Sutherland Ikaros and Sommerset http://i.imgur.com/ALvZrRv.jpg
-Portman Custom Type http://i.imgur.com/P3KAPKV.jpg
-Prytwen http://i.imgur.com/wzW1t8J.jpg
-Sutherland Guards Knights http://i.imgur.com/iSL5pyH.jpg
-Sutherland Sniper http://i.imgur.com/00fPXKm.jpg
-Panzer Wespe Desert/Cannon Type http://i.imgur.com/FnTimL1.jpg

So if anyone is good at identifying mech designers based on lineart, please help us. If anyone has mooks for the anime/OVA/novel series, might be useful if there are signatures, comments or even info on interviews that identify the mech designer. Perhaps by their unique handwriting in lineart notes...

If anyone wants source for some of my claims, just ask.

This info will be useful for updating mahq with correct info.
balofo

Re: Code Geass Mecha Thread

Finally we get the reveals for the Akito OVA 3 new KMF:

http://i.imgur.com/w1vCzou.jpg

-Lancelot: high detail version of the TV series design. Has some different details
-Lancelot Variant(Valiant?): upgraded Type 02 machines, same design but new colors and armaments.
A)Orange: Ryou's now has a double bladed Axe, a new kind of 4 tube missile launcher and a new handheld weapons with a Gatling.
B)Purple: Ayano's has a new sword and retains the standard Linear Rifle. Appears a small Slash Harken on right hand
C)Green: Yukia's got a new huge sniper rifle and now retains only one redesigned Slash Harken on the left hand

Great Mechanics G had an article that said the new Alexander is on par with the Vincent Ward, so EU had tech almost as good as Camelot even before R2.

It doesn't appear the new Alexanders will see action in this OVA.
teslashark

The new Alexandria Variants looked less cool and more Black Tri-Star. The darker tone means they might be animated less well in order to put more work into the brighter Lancelot, a trick very often seen in the movie industry. If we look at it with a "the sky is falling" attitude, their head designs are also less visually superior - Shall we prepare for at least loss, claimed by the Suzaku or Shun?

By the way, B, this is the 3rd anniversary of the incident when someone back in CNMSL stole your account. You aren't aware probably. He used it to copy and paste Chinese posts, then suggested it's me using your account and leeching scans. You didn't know anything about it, lucky you.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Henyo

the alexander colors brings to mind the EVAs the rebuild versions more so thanks to being in CG.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
teslashark

Like three Unit 1s? They also reminds me of the proto-Yzak team in Dragonar.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Henyo

this just hit me when i was watching the SRW Z3 Shinkirou attack vid. were there any indication of KMF's being upgraded for Outer Space operations?
from the looks of things they only need to invent a few things more things to make KMFs space worthy.
and since i'm at it, who upgraded the KMFs in the SRW Z series? or did Banpresto just handwaved it to being already space worthy?
Dark Duel

I would assume the latter, honestly.
But to answer your question, IIRC there was never any in-series hint as to any KMF being capable of operation in outer space, because the question of whether they are or not was never touched on. Theoretically they could be, but I think it likelier that they are not.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

The only time space actually came up in Geass was Schneizel's plan to park Damocles in the upper atmosphere and bring "peace" by scaring the beejezus out of everyone. There's never even an indication that the Geass universe has space flight technology; you could make arguments either way, but it'd just be speculation.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

EU has rocket technology.

While the Float Unit would obviously work in space, since there's less/no gravity it wouldn't matter that much.

Space propulsion would be achieved by the Thermo Electric Jets already employed in the Float Units/KMF frames.

The problem would be the lack of verniers to change directions, so yes a KMF could be used in space. It just needs, basically, more Thermo Electric Jets mounted through its frame, radiation shielding, new sensors and a reinforced cockpit providing life support.

I don't think they ever explained how exactly the Energy Wings work so I can't comment
1)Lancelot:
Z-01ランスロットは、ブリタニア軍の最新鋭ナイトメアである。ブリタニア陸軍技術導入本部の主導によって開発され、エリア11(旧・日本国)に派遣された試験部隊(特別派遣嚮導技術部)が試験運用をおこなっている。随所に独創的なコンセプトが盛り込まれた本機は、現用ナイトメアの主流である第4・第5世代機とは一線を画す野心的なもので、機動性、動力性能、兵装運用能力などすべての点において現用機を上回っている。しかし現用機と同格の機体に高性能パッケージを詰め込んだ結果、操縦者(デヴァイサー)には従来以上の高い身体能力が求められることとなった。 また、機構上の制約と試作機であるという理由から脱出コクピットが省略されたため、ランスロットは、操縦者の安全よりも性能を重視した機体となっている。

Cockpit(the kanji should be about 90% right due to bad scan)
デヴァイサーがもっとも効率よくナイトメアに意図を伝達できるよう構成されている。一般的なナイトメアでは、被弾時に操縦者を保護するためコクピットが離脱するが、ランスロットにその機能は搭載されていない。

ランドスピナー[Land Spinner]
ナイトメアの脚部に装備された高機動駆動輪、 高速移動時に使用する他、左右動輪の回転速度差を利用した信地旋回・超信地旋回(グラスゴー以前の機体は不可)をおこなう。スラッシュハーケンとの組み合わせで、建造物壁面の垂直登攀も可能である。

スラッシュハーケン[Slash Haken]
カーボンワイヤーで接続された特殊タングステンカーバイト鋼のスパイクをロケットモーターで射出し、敵機を攻撃するほか、登攀・牽引など多彩な用途を持つ。ナイトメアの操縦者としての技量は、スラッシュハーケンの使い方で判断されろほど重要な兵器である。

メーザーバイブレーションソード[Maser Vibration Sword]
高周波振動を応用した電子剪断兵器。対ナイトメア戦のために開発されたもので、サザーランド級機体の装甲を瞬時に切断する能力がある。電力消費が大きいため、現在はランスロット以外の機体での使用は困難である。

ヴァリス[V.A.R.I.S.]
Variable Ammunition Repulsion Impact Spitfireの略称。「可変弾薬反発衝撃砲」の意味である。ランスロットと同時期に開発された特殊火砲で、弾頭の威力を自在に調整することができる。独特の撃発機構を持つため、ランスロット専用兵器となっている。

ファクトスフィア[Fact Sphere]
ナイトメアの多元情報収集システム。マイクロ波帯から可視光域でのアクティブ/パッシブセンサーのほか音響ピックアップ、射撃管制用環境センサーを兼ね備え、統合情報として操縦者に提供する。人間の頭部に相当する位置に装備されることが多い。

2)Lancelot Air Cavalry:
ランスロット・エアキャヴァルリーは、ブリタニア軍のナイトメアZ-01ランスロットに飛行用の追加装備を装着した機体である。最強の陸戦兵器と謳われたランスロットも、航空機からの攻撃は苦手としていた。この問題に対処するため、ヴァリスを始めとする火器の対空仕様改良型の携行試用が実施されたが、その効果にも限界があった。そこで技術陣は、ナイトメア自身に飛行能力を与えるという解決策を提示した。一見、不可能とも思われるこの計画は、航空戦艦に搭載されていたH.F.N.(Higgs Field Neutralizer)と呼ばれる自重軽減システムの小型軽量化により実現可能となった。H.F.N.の搭載に合わせて、エアキャヴァルリーには新たなベトロニクス/アビオニクス統合システムが搭載された。その結果、ランスロットは名実ともに天駆ける騎兵へと進化したのである。

ブレイズ・ルミナス[Blaze Luminous]
ブレイズ・ルミナスは、クーロン場の超圧縮による空間。ブレークダウン現象を応用したエネルギー装甲システムだ。在来式の固体装甲が防御力と引き換えに機動性を犠牲にしていたのに対し、ブレイズ・ルミナスではそのような制限が存在しない。ナイトメアクラスの兵器でこの新世代装甲を導入したのは、ランスロットが初めてである。

フロートシステム[Float System]
電気熱ジェット推進装置と、ヒッグス場の限定的中和による質量封じ込め装置とを組み合わせた最新鋭の飛行装置である。このシステムには標準武装としてMVS2基が搭載されている他、さらに多数の武装等を追加装備することが可能である。

Extra box phrase for Land Spinner: アバロンの発艦時にも使用される。

**repeats the same text from the Lancelot manual for Land Spinner, Slash Haken, Maser Vibration Sword, Fact Sphere and VARIS.

3)Lancelot Conquista
ヴィンセントの実戦配備にともない、ランスロットはナイトメア開発の評価プラットフォームとして、より先進的な装備の搭載が求められることとなった。その結果、誕生したのがZ-01/Dランスロット・コンクエスターだ。Z-01/Aランスロット・エアキャヴァルリーに、武装強化オプションを増設することで、攻撃力・防御力の大幅な向上を達成している。「より堅固に、より猛々しく」という開発コンセプトのもと、ナイトメア搭載型ビーム兵器としては最強クラスの威力を持つ「ハドロンブラスター」を主武装とするほか、防御シールド「ブレイズ・ルミナス」で機体全体を覆うことが可能となっている。さらに本機で初めて、機体本体に緊急時コクピット射出システムが新たに設けられた。このことから、開発チームが専任オペレーターの枢木スザクをそれまでのデヴァイサーから事実上のパイロット待遇に格上げしたものと思われる。

ハドロンブラスター[Hadron Blaster]
ハドロンブラスターは、ランスロット・コンクエスターの主力兵器である。砲身折リ畳み機構の採用と、制御および照準にヴァリスのシステムを転用することによリ、コンパクトだが戦艦並みの破壊力を発揮する。

メーザーバイブレーションソード[Maser Vibration Sword]
高周波振動を応用した電子剪断兵器。対ナイトメア戦のために開発されたもので、サザーランド級機体の装甲を瞬時に切断する能力がある。

**repeats the same text from the Lancelot Air Cavalry manual for Slash Haken, Float System and VARIS.

4)Guren Type-02
紅蓮弐式は、黒の騎士団のエースパイロット・カレン・シュタットフェルトが搭乗するナイトメアだ。日本開放を画策する旧国家首脳陣が、中華連邦領インドの技術協力を得て開発・製造した機体である。世界の軍事バランスは、ナイトメアの登場によって大きな変化を遂げた。ブリタニアに勝利をもたらしたナイトメアの威力とその可能性に驚嘆した世界は、ただちに独自ナイトメアの開発に着手した。紅蓮弐式は、 こうした流れの中から生まれた機体である。本機には、対ナイトメア近接兵器・輻射波動機構をはじめ、天才技術者ラクシャータ・チャウラーの独創的アイデアが随所に盛り込まれており、その性能はブリタニアの主力ナイトメア・グラスゴー、サザーランドクラスを軽く凌駕する。第七世代に相当する高性能機である。

Extra box tex: 特徴的な右腕部には対ナイトメア近接兵器・輻射波動機構を装備している。 and 、第七世代に相当する高性能機である。

Cockpit
ナイトメアとして標準的なバイクシート準拠型のコクピット。 狭いため、居住性は劣悪である。 左右のスティックは操縦者の体重を支えるアシストグリップを兼ねているため、堅牢なロック機構が備えられている。

輻射波動機構
伸縮式の右腕に内装された輻射波動機構は、近接戦闘において敵を内部から加熱破壊する出力可変型のマイクロ波/誘導加熱ハイブリッドシステムだ。動力源は、紅蓮弐式本体とは独立した使い捨てカートリッジ式のエナジーフィラーを使用する。

Extra box text for Radiant Wave Surger: 紅蓮弐式を象徴する伸縮式の右腕に内装された輻射波動機構は、近接戦闘において高周波を短いサイクルで直接、照射し敵を内部から加熱破壊する出力可変型のマイクロ波/誘導加熱ハイブリッドシステムを搭載している。

高機走駆動輪(ランドスピナー)
脚部背面の高機走駆動輪は、高速巡航に使用する他、左右動輪の回転速度差を利用した信地旋回・超信地旋回などナイトメアの戦闘機動に欠かせない装備である。接地圧可変タイヤの採用により、整地・不整地の区別なく高い踏破性を発揮する。

Extra box text for Land Spinner: 高速巡航に使用する他、左右動輪の回転速度差を利用した信地旋回・超信地旋回など、あらゆる局面において抜群の踏破性を発揮する。

飛燕爪牙(スラッシュハーケン)
左胸郭に装備された飛燕爪牙は、強化炭素繊維のワイヤーに接続された特殊鋼のスパイクをロケットモーターで射出する兵器だ。切断、牽引、貫入、拘束など多彩な用途を持つナイトメア独特の武装である。

Extra box text for Hien Soga: 左胸郭に1基装備された。強化炭素繊維のワイヤーに接続された特殊鋼のスパイクをロケットモーターで射出する兵器だ、切断、牽引、貫入、拘束など多彩な用途を持つナイトメア特徴的な武装である。

呂号乙型特斬刀
背部に格納された特殊鍛造合金製のナイフは、対機甲戦装備である。その形状は日本の古式兵器「鎧通し」と「十手」を融合させたもので、ナイトメアや戦車などの装甲を切断・貫入する他、敵機の刀剣を折ることが可能である。

統合環境情報処理集合体
操縦者に機体周辺の環境情報を提供する多数の高性能センサーの総称。ブリタニア製ナイトメアのファクトスフィアに相当する。通常はカバーで防護されており、起動時にのみ開放される。

Japanese Knightmare Development History:

日本独自のナイトメア開発は、ブリタニア軍の機体の解析からスタートした。当初、実戦で運用できたのは鹵獲したグラスゴーに応急改修を施した機体(制式名「無頼」)のみであった。しかし日本の技術陣はグラスゴーを徹底的に解析することで、ナイトメア開発に必要な技術を習得することができた。その後、ラクシャータからもたらされた技術を加えることで、日本は紅蓮弐式以降、独自色の強いナイトメアの開発を続けている。 ブリタニアでは、ナイトメアを技術進化の世代によって区分してる。それによれば、最新鋭機ランスロットは第7世代機となる。しかし日本では前述した事情から、ブリタニアでは第4世代機とされるグラスゴーの改修機・無頼が第1世代機に位置付けられる。したがって、紅蓮弐式は第2世代機に数えられることになるが、その性能はブリタニア第7世代機・ランスロットと同等である。そのため、日本のナイトメアを世代で分類することは現実的手法ではないと考えられている。

5)Vincent:
「白き死神」と恐れられた実験機Z-01ランスロットの圧倒的な性能に注目したブリタニア技術陣は、この先鋭的なナイトメアの量産計画に着手した。その結果誕生したのが、RPI-212ヴィンセントだ。ランスロットからの大きな変更点は、緊急離脱システムを搭載した新型コクピットの採用、両肩部への新たなランドスピナ一の増設、特殊兵装ニードルブレイザーの両前腕部への内装、新型ファクトスフィアの搭載などである。 ただし、コクピットとファクトスフィア以外の装備は製造コストの問題から、 後期量産型では省略された。そのためフルスペックの本機は「初期量産試作型」に位置付けられ、機密情報部をはじめとするごく少数の精鋭部隊に配備されたのみに留まっている。

Cockpit
ブリタニア製ナイトメアの伝統的な後傾着座式コクピットは、紅蓮式式など他陣営の後発機が採用した前傾式に比べてパイロットと機体の一体感にやや劣るとされるが、居住性に優れ、長時間の作戦行動に適している。

ランドスピナー[Land Spinner]
212ヴィンセント初期量産試作型では、ランドスピナーが両脚部のほか、両肩部バルジ端にも新たに装備された。後の量産機では製造コスト及び整備性の問題から省略されたが、立体的戦闘には超絶的運動性能を発揮することができる。

スラッシュハーケン[Slash Haken]
両腰部側面に装備した旋回式プラットフォームには、スラッシュハーケンが搭載されている。ランスロットの機構をそのまま踏襲したもので、 敵機攻撃のほか牽引、登攀などに使用される。
Extra Box text: 両腰部側面に装備した旋回式プラットフォームには、スラッシュハーケンが搭載されている。ランスロットの機構をそのまま踏襲したもので、 敵機攻撃のほか登攀、牽引など多彩な用途を持つ兵器。

ニードルブレイザー [Needle Blazer]
ニードルブレイザーは、 ブレイズ・ルミナスの波動を物性波で形成し、対象物を破壊する特殊兵器である。両前腕部に内載され、使用時には肘関節部からインパクトフェイスがポップアップする。ヴィンセントの初期量産試作型にのみに採用された武装である。

ファクトスフィア [Fact Sphere]
原型機となったランスロットのファクトスフィアに大幅な改良を加え、搭載位置を両肩部バルジに移動した。システムの重複化と大きなパララックス(視差)の確保により、信頼性と光学測距精度の大幅な向上を果たしている。

MVS (メーザーバイブレーションソード)ランスタイプ) [Maser Vibration Sword Lance Type]
左右背部に一基ずつ装備された高周波電子剪断兵器。ランスロットのMVSと同じ機構だが、このランスタイプでは、グリップ部のシャフトを結合させることで、ツインエッジ式の槍形状に変形させることができる。

フロートシステム[Float System] *box only!
電気熱ジェット推進装置と、ヒッグス場の限定的中和による質量封じ込め装置とを組み合わせた最新鋭の飛行装置である。ランスロットをモデルに量産化した為、フロートシステムが使用可能。

6)Vincent Command Type:
RPI-212Aヴィンセントは、ブリタニアの主力ナイトメア・ヴィンセントの指揮官専用機だ。初期量産試作型(RPI-212)をべースに、アビオニクス/ベトロニクス統合システムを新型のブロック2仕様に換装し、指揮統制機能の強化を果たしている。ブロック2では、ファクトスフィアの情報処理能力も引き上げられ、精細な広域情報を部隊指揮官に提供することが可能となっている。複数の麾下機を並列指揮統制する高速ネットワーク機能と部隊間通信機能も大きく強化され、ECCM能力およびゲフィオンディスターバーへの抗堪性も格段に向上した。また、フロートユニットの装着により空中戦も可能である。多数の派生機を輩出した212Aは、ブリタニア・ナイトメアのスタンダード機と言えるだろう。

ランドスピナー[Land Spinner]
ヴィンセント初期量産試作型をべースに、ランドスピナーが両脚部のほか、両肩部バルジ端にも新たに装備された。後の量産機では製造コスト及び整備性の問題から省略されたが、立体的戦闘には超絶的運動性能を発揮することができる。

ニードルブレイザーは、 ブレイズ・ルミナスの波動を物性波で形成し、対象物を破壊する特殊兵器である。両前腕部に内載され、使用時には肘関節部からインパクトフェイスがポップアップする。

**repeats the same text from Vincent manual for Cockpit, Slash Haken, Maser Vibration Sword Lance Type and Fact Sphere.

7)Alexander Type-01 Akito
Knight Mare Frame 【アレクサンダー】
wZEROの司令官、レイラ・マルカルが立案した作戦のために開発された特殊作戦機。
ナイトメアフレームの開発において、神聖ブリタニア帝国や黒の騎士団に比べ、開発技術が大きく遅れるE.U.であったが、突然変異的にハイスペックを持つ機体となった。
設計を任されたwZEROに所属するアンナ・クレマン大尉は、既存のナイトメアフレームを参考にしつつも、 独自の技術を導入し、画期的な機体を作り上げた。他に例を見ないインセクトモードへの変形。軽量化された機体と高性能フレームによって生み出される機動力。これらとパイロットであるアキトの操縦技術が相まって、高機動戦闘を得意とする。

Weapons & Armaments 【武装】
コクピット両脇のサブアームに懸架されたアレクサンダ型共通武装30mmリニアアサルトライフルは、サブアームから取り外して腕に携行して使用することも可能。ナイトメアの装甲を通すほどの貫通力を持つウルナエッジを腕のシャフトに内蔵し、固有兵装として対ナイトメア戦闘用のトンファーを腕部に装備する。

8)Alexander Type-02 Leila
Knight Mare Frame 【アレクサンダーType-02/C】
wZEROの特殊作戦のために開発されたナイトメアフレーム。ナルヴァ撤退作戦で唯一持ち帰られたType-01の戦闘データをフィードバックし、OSを新構築し、外装も再設計された。 特にソフィ・ランドル博士が開発した「ブレイン・レイド・システム」には、Type-01のパイロットである日向アキトの大きな影響が見られる。機体性能面では、Type-01で導入されたインセクトモードへの変形など、アレクサンダの特徴とも言える機能が継続して採用され、機動力を活かした高機動戦闘を得意とする。
また、急遽用意されたこの機体には、パイロットであるレイラの特性を考慮し、指揮官用に通信機能を強化された頭部が採用されている。

Weapons & Armaments 【武装】
基本の武装として、コクピット右脇のサブアームにアレクサンダ型共通の30mmリニアアサルトライフルを懸架し、ウルナエッジを腕のシャフトに内蔵する。また、コクピット左脇のサブアームに懸架されたリング状の送受信機は、電波障害が大きい戦場において通信、レーダー機能を強化したもの。これにより作戦行動下におけるリアルタイムでの戦況把握と戦場の立体的把握を可能にした。

9)Alexander Type-02 Ryo
Knight Mare Frame 【アレクサンダーType-02/MF】
wZEROの特殊作戦のために開発されたナイトメアフレーム。今回のバージョンアップには、先のナルヴァ撤退作戦で唯一回収されたType-01が基になっており、戦闘データをフィードバックして改良された。その中でも大きく発展したのが、Type-01から継続して搭載される「ブレイン・レイド・システム」。このアレクサンダーパイロット間の脳を並列接続するシステムに、日向アキ卜のパーソナルデータが用いられて再構築され、安定化が図られている。
また、Type-01同様インセクトモードへの変形機能は継続して採用され、機動力を活かした高機動戦闘が可能。前衛での戦闘を想定されたリョウ機の頭部には、多重バイザーを取り付けたものが採用され、激しい戦闘でもセンサー類を守るように考慮されている。

Weapons & Armaments 【武装】
基本武装として、30mmリニアアサルトライフル「ジャッジメント」とウルナエッジを装備。前衛を務める機体の個別の武装として、コクピット左脇のサブアームに6連装ロケットランチャーを、左腕に対ナイトメア戦闘用可変アックスを装備する。可変アックスはタングステン鋼の刃を使用し、リョウの暴力的な戦闘スタイルにも耐えられるものになっている。

10)Alexander Type-02 Ayano
Knight Mare Frame 【アレクサンダーType-02/FW】
実戦経験を得たType-01のフィードバックを受け、バージョンアップされたwZEROの特殊作戦用ナイトメアフレーム。Type-01からの機体性能の向上化に合わせて、形状の変化をもたらしたが、大きく発展したのはソフト面であり、特に「ブレイン・レイド・システム」の安定化はwZERO部隊の作戦行動において大きな意味を持つことになった。
また、Type-01同様インセクトモードへの変形機能は継続して採用され、機動力を活かした高機動戦闘が可能。
リョウ機同様、前衛での戦闘を想定された頭部には、パイロットであるアヤノの高い動体視力に合わせて感知能力の高いセンサーが採用されている。

Weapons & Armaments 【武装】
他の機体同様、基本武装として、30mmリニアアサルトライフル「ジャッジメント」とウルナエッジを装備する。また、左利きのアヤノに合わせて左腕で使用する鋭利な対ナイトメア戦闘用可変ソードは、タングステン鋼を用いて鍛えあげられており、容易くナイトメアの装甲を切断できる。「レイ・ビーショップ」という銘は「蜂屋長光」からアヤノが冗談交じりにつけたもの。
Last edited by balofo on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Henyo

they also have to redesign the ejection system of the cockpits. maybe something akin to a core fighter? granted that would increase the funds needed. oh! they could make the landspinners into muti directional thrusters.(the Kats' thrusters in Aldnoah popped into my mind.)
balofo

My mistake, actually the Thermo Electric Jets need air to function.

I just checked the lineart for the Lancelot's Float Unit and there's intake written in katakana. So to function in space it would need to be reworked, nothing Lloyd couldn't solve :)

There's also the Electric Drive Plasma Propulsion Motor(電力駆動プラズマ推力モーター) used by the KMF like the Bradford before the Float System and Thermo Electric Jets were widely adopted. The Bradford can only fly in Fortress Mode unlike the Tristan that can hover in KMF mode. I believe this system also needs air to function.

There other things that were never explained:

-Excalibur: is it also a MVS? What makes it possible to cut through beams and energy fields? It can only power up if hit by a beam? Since it has been a thing since OZ first series and right now the Galahad is only 90% done missing the Excalibur(it carries a custom huge Gloucester Lance) I believe they will explain the tech behind it when Charles gives it to Bismarck. BTW Oiaguro is the one responsible for pushing for larger KMF development like the Gawain/Galahad/etc through the Zevon family industries, he delivered the Galahad to Bismarck. DVD booklet claims it has a special force field. It also seems to have an opening gimmick on the pommel which even made to the RD figure, a slash harken or something else?

-Energy Wings: it seems to be a combination of Blaze Luminous and Float System, but I've never seen this mentioned anywhere remotely official. The Lancelot Grail's Sword Harkens are said to be the idea for the Albion's ability to launch attacks from its wings. It must be some ridiculous particles tech to allow that kind high speed movement. The attack and defense properties sure are a byproduct of Blaze Luminous tech. DVD booklet claims it makes use of the force field from the beams from the Energy Wings to float instead of the usual metal wings, requiring huge output from the Yggdrasil Drive.

-Mordred's All Range Bomber: previously identified as some sort of missile but it looks like a byproduct of the Hadron Cannon with some homing capability. Also present in the Zetland but appears to need a special add-on mounted on top of its cannon.

-Hadron Spear: the beam effect is blue with traces of usual red/black Hadron effect, so what's the difference between this and the usual hadron weapon? Bradford also has this but when it uses the first time the Megiddo Harkens are damaged.

-SEITEN's energy disk attack: it's officially called Halo(RD Hyper Set), it seems to be either Blaze Luminous tech allowing solid energy attacks or an ability granted by the Energy Wings

-Tohdoh's KMF hair: it must be some special substance since it can stand sword slashes that cut KMF in two and Blaze Luminous powered kicks.

-Super VARIS: the Hadron Mode was never used onscreen in the anime but I accept its depiction in SRW Z2 of being a handheld Hadron Blaster(the Albion has the output for this). Full Burst Mode was shown briefly in the anime and it looked just like the Hadron Spear effect... Dorothea appears to be killed by a large blue beam perhaps it was Full Burst Mode in action

Random info dump:

F.L.E.I.J.A. is a spatial phase transition weapon according to the DVD booklet. People think that it's a nuclear weapon but the show clearly states the explosion of the sakuradite causes a nuclear fission culminating in the erasure of everything that was in its radius.

Gareth actually has a simplified Druid System according to the DVD booklet . There's also the Vates System equipped on the Sutherland Eye from OZ.

Percival is a custom Vincent according to the DVD booklet. Luciano used a Vincent during his time fighting the E.U. before R2 in OZ O2.

BTW it appears all KMF armor(Sutherland bomb proof cockpit in OZ) and weapons(Alexander's melee weapons according to kit manual) are made of Tungsten.

That's it for now, if anyone has any doubts about the anime series tech or wants info from the recent OZ/Akito series just ask.

I will info dump again soon
balofo

http://imgur.com/m5cdBNf.jpg

Zhu-yan?(朱厭 シュ・エン): MP Shen-hu piloted by a girl remnant of the Red Turbans(terrorist Chinese federation group mentioned by Xingke in R2, the final arc of the 1st OZ was taking them out in China). Lyre remembers Zi while fighting this girl, perhaps they are related

At least now they are doing recolors with different heads :)

http://geass.jp/akito/img/kmf_Suther_michael.jpg

Michael Knight's Sutherland with new melee weapon stored on forearm. This unit had already appeared on OZ sans the new weapon and a darker red color.
balofo

XT-401 Chu-yen
H:4.38m
W:9.36t
Weapons: Rope-type Slash Harken x2, Electromagnetic Monkey King Pole? 電磁金箍棒(でんじきんこぼう)x1

MP Shen-hu produced by India. Since the base machine was way too high spec this version was toned overall down but still was more than a match for the other KMFs of the time. Monkey King motif, pilot Lee Fon was skilled in kung fu enabling her to make use of the machine's agility. The chest particle gun was omitted for its high power/energy consumption.
Henyo

new thing i've been wondering about:
maximum operation time of KMF's.
balofo

Henyo wrote:new thing i've been wondering about:
maximum operation time of KMF's.
Nobody knows this and probably never will. Same as sensor range and generator output.

Code Geass universe has a cool tech background but we don't and never will know it in-depth
balofo

OVA 4 PV info:
-Ayano's Valiant has the old Yukiya's Type-02 Slash Harken mounted on its right wrist.
-Vercingetorix gets a flight unit(飛行ユニット) that utilizes Super Eletromagnetic Propulsion Motor(超電磁推進モーター) to float so it's not strictly speaking the Float Unit we know from the TV series. Seems to be some new tech. On the wing it carries the Gracchus to counter propellant tank as a Balancer.(ヴェルキンゲトリクスのフロートは?A:厳密にはフロートシステムではなく超電磁推進モーターによる飛行ユニットです。翼にグラックスと推進剤の入ったバランサーを懸架しています)
-Vercingetorix is also seen riding in the forest carrying a new lever action rifle. Where's the sword from the promo art?
-The Alexander's Judgement Linear Rifle can change its ammo on the spot, so far we have seen APFSDS, Shrapnel Shell, Smoke Grenade and HEAT. The different kind of ammos are very present in OZ, especially by Orpheus' Byakuen. I guess they're really explaing the tech stuff with these spin-offs.
-Ashely's new KMF: Ahura Mazda(アフラマズダ) has dual triple Gatling Guns that mount over its normal hands and Landspinners. Ammo is stored on the back and transferred through belts
-The Sutherlands inside the Ark are drones(transparent cockpit)

Random info:
-Britannia uses solar power, EU uses wind and the Chinese Federation uses tidal power as energy sources.
-So far 39 Alexander frames have entered battle, since it's a prototype there are parts for up to 100 frames and they make improvements every time they get combat data
-Lloyd and Cecily were busy with the Vincent plan/KOR machines and didn't go with Suzaku to EU.
-The Galia Grande has some turrets
Last edited by balofo on Sat May 16, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henyo

i've got a new one! Slash Harkens. how much did it evolve throughout the generation of KMFs?
where there any innovations/ variations to it?
Dark Duel

Not much at all if we look from the Glasgow onwards - with very few exceptions, the only variations we've seen to the best of my recollection have been cosmetic/looking a little different, but functioning the same way. The only exceptions I can think of are:
- the Lancelot's, with their integrated thrusters (Harken Booster)
- the Tristan's Megiddo Harkens, which are enormous and combine to fire a long-range blast
- the Guren SEITEN Eight Elements Type's Radiant Wave Surger arm(arguably), which combines the functionalities of the original arm with the long-range wire-launched functions of a traditional Slash Harken
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Don't forget the Gawain's Finger Harkens.
balofo wrote: the Chinese Federation uses tidal power as energy sources.
Well that neatly explains the existence of Horai Island doesn't it.
balofo

-EU Pilot suits require the pilot to wear nothing under it. Britannian pilot suit has a plug mounted on back that connects to the seat.
-KMF cockpits have a tech called Higgs Control that reduces G inside the cockpit.
-Godefroy, Raymond and Farnese have custom 7th generation KMF. Before, they used custom Gloucesters. That means Vercingetorix is also 7th gen
-Sakuradite is used directly when a high heat generation is required such as the Apollon rocket and the long range rail artillery in OVA 2

*MANUAL TEXT:

1)Lancelot:
Z-01ランスロットは、ブリタニア軍の最新鋭ナイトメアである。ブリタニア陸軍技術導入本部の主導によって開発され、エリア11(旧•日本国)に派遣された試験部隊(特別派遣嚮導技術部)が試験運用をおこなっている。随所に独創的な コンセプトが盛り込まれた本機は、現用ナイトメアの主流である第4•第5世代機とは一線を画す野心的なもので、機動性、動力性能、兵装運用能力などすべての点において現用機を上回っている。しかし現用機と同格の機体に高性能パッケージを詰め込んだ結果、操縦者(デヴァイサー)には従来以上の高い身体能力が求められることとなった。 また、機構上の制約と試作機であるという理由から脱出コクピットが省略されたため、ランスロットは、操縦者の安全よりも性能を重視した機体となっている。

The Lancelot is the state-of-the-art Knightmare of the Britannian Army. It has been developed due to the initiative of the Britannian Army Technology Introduction Headquarters, a test unit(Special Dispatch Leading Engineering Division) was deployed to Area 11(former Japan) to carry out trial operations. Original concepts were incorporated everywhere in this machine ambitiously drawing the line between the mainstream current Knightmares which are 4th and 5th generation machines; so it exceeds said machines in all aspects like mobility, power performance and armament operational capability. However, as a result of having crammed high power packages in a frame equal to current machines, a beyond usual high physical ability became required from the pilot(Devicer). Also, the escape cockpit was omitted because the Lancelot is a prototype with mechanical limitations, so it has become a machine that emphasizes performance rather than the pilot's safety.

2)Air Cavalry
ランスロット・エアキャヴァルリーは、ブリタニア軍のナイトメアZ-01ランスロットに飛行用の追加装備を装着した機体である。最強の陸戦兵器と謳われたランスロットも、航空機からの攻撃は苦手としていた。この問題に対処するため、ヴァリスを始めとする火器の対空仕様改良型の携行試用が実施されたが、その効果にも限界があった。そこで技術陣は、ナイトメア自身に飛行能力を与えるという解決策を提示した。一見、不可能とも思われるこの計画は、航空戦艦に搭載されていたH.F.N.(Higgs Field Neutralizer)と呼ばれる自重軽減システムの小型軽量化により実現可能となった。H.F.N.の搭載に合わせて、エアキャヴァルリーには新たなベトロニクス/アビオニクス統合システムが搭載された。その結果、ランスロットは名実ともに天駆ける騎兵へと進化したのである。

The Lancelot Cavalry is the machine mounting flight use additional equipment to the Brittanian's Army Knightmare Lancelot. As much as the Lancelot was celebrated as the strongest land war weapon, it was difficult to deal with attacks from aircrafts. To address this problem, commencing with the VARIS the portable trial of an improved version of an anti-aircraft specification firearm was implemented, however there was also a limit to its effectiveness. So the engineering staff, presented a solution that gives flight ability to the Knightmare itself. Apparently, this plan also seemed impossible, the implementation became possible due to the downsizing and lightening of the weight abatement system called H.F.N. (Higgs Field Neutralizer) that was mounted in flying battleships. Conforming with the loading of the H.F.N., a new vetronics/avionics integrated system has been installed in the Lancelot Air Cavalry. Consenquently, the Lancelot evolved into a sky soaring cavalryman both in name and reality.

ランドスピナー[Land Spinner]

ナイトメアの脚部に装備された高機動駆動輪、 高速移動時に使用する他、左右動輪の回転速度差を利用した信地旋回・超信地旋回(グラスゴー以前の機体は不可)をおこなう。スラッシュハーケンとの組み合わせで、建造物壁面の垂直登攀も可能である。

Extra box phrase: アバロンの発艦時にも使用される。

High mobility driving wheels equipped to the legs of Knightmares. Other than being used during high speed movement, they perform pivot turns/ultra pivot turns by using the different rotation speeds of the left and right driving wheels(not possible with machines before the Glasgow). In combination with the Slash Harkens, it's also possible to vertically climb the wall surface of a structure.

Blaze Luminous
ブレイズ・ルミナスは、クーロン場の超圧縮による空間。ブレークダウン現象を応用したエネルギー装甲システムだ。在来式の固体装甲が防御力と引き換えに機動性を犠牲にしていたのに対し、ブレイズ・ルミナスではそのような制限が存在しない。ナイトメアクラスの兵器でこの新世代装甲を導入したのは、ランスロットが初めてである。

The Blaze Luminous is a space due to the super compression of a Coulomb field. It's an energy armor system that applies the breakdown phenomenon. Whereas conventional solid armor sacrifices mobility in exchange for defense, such limitation doesn't exist in Blaze Luminous. The Lancelot is the first Knightmare-class weapon to introduce this new generation armor.

Cockpit
ブリタニア製ナイトメアの伝統的な後傾着座式コクピットは、紅蓮式式など他陣営の後発機が採用した前傾式に比べてパイロットと機体の一体感にやや劣るとされるが、居住性に優れ、長時間の作戦行動に適している。

The conventional backward inclination seating style cockpit of Brittannia made Knightmares, is considered to be somewhat inferior regarding the pilot and machine sense of unity compared to the latecomer machines from other factions like the Guren Type-02 that used a forward inclination type. However, it excels in livability and is suitable for long campaigns.

スラッシュハーケン[Slash Haken]

カーボンワイヤーで接続された特殊タングステンカーバイト鋼のスパイクをロケットモーターで射出し、敵機を攻撃するほか、登攀・牽引など多彩な用途を持つ。ナイトメアの操縦者としての技量は、スラッシュハーケンの使い方で判断されろほど重要な兵器である。

A special tungsten carbide steel spike connected to a carbon wire emitted by a rocket motor. In addition to attacking an enemy machine, it has diverse utilities like climbing and towing. For the ability of a person piloting a Knightmare, the way he uses the Slash Harken is judged as it's an important weapon.

MVS(Maser Vibration Sword)
高周波振動を応用した電子剪断兵器。対ナイトメア戦のために開発されたもので、サザーランド級機体の装甲を瞬時に切断する能力がある。電力消費が大きいため、現在はランスロット以外の機体での使用は困難である。

Electronic shearing weapon that uses high frequency vibrations. Since it was developed for anti-Knightmare combat, it has the ability to cut the armor of a Sutherland-class machine in a instant. Because the electricity consumption is large, employment by machines other than the Lancelot is currently difficult.

Varis
Variable Ammunition Repulsion Impact Spitfireの略称。「可変弾薬反発衝撃砲」の意味である。ランスロットと同時期に開発された特殊火砲で、弾頭の威力を自在に調整することができる。独特の撃発機構を持つため、ランスロット専用兵器となっている。

Abbreviation of Variable Ammunition Repulsion Impact Spitfire. The meaning is Variable Ammunition Repulsion Impact Gun. A special gun that was developed at the same time with the Lancelot, it's able to freely adjust the warhead's power. Because it has an unique percussion mechanism, it has become a Lancelot dedicated weapon.

Factsphere
ナイトメアの多元情報収集システム。マイクロ波帯から可視光域でのアクティブ/パッシブセンサーのほか音響ピックアップ、射撃管制用環境センサーを兼ね備え、統合情報として操縦者に提供する。人間の頭部に相当する位置に装備されることが多い。

The multi-information gathering system of a Knightmare. It has both an active/passive sensor from the microwave band to the visible light region in addition to acoustic pickup and a fire control use environmental sensor, to provide the person piloting with integrated information.

Float System
電気熱ジェット推進装置と、ヒッグス場の限定的中和による質量封じ込め装置とを組み合わせた最新鋭の飛行装置である。このシステムには標準武装としてMVS2基が搭載されている他、さらに多数の武装等を追加装備することが可能である。

It's a state-of-the-art flight equipment that combines electro-thermal jet propulsion devices with a mass containment device according to a Higgs Field limited neutralization. For this system 2 MVS are equipped as standard armament, furthermore it's possible to be additionally equipped with a great number of armaments and the like .

3)Conquista
ヴィンセントの実戦配備にともない、ランスロットはナイトメア開発の評価プラットフォームとして、より先進的な装備の搭載が求められることとなった。その結果、誕生したのがZ-01/Dランスロット・コンクエスターだ。Z-01/Aランスロット・エアキャヴァルリーに、武装強化オプションを増設することで、攻撃力・防御力の大幅な向上を達成している。「より堅固に、より猛々しく」という開発コンセプトのもと、ナイトメア搭載型ビーム兵器としては最強クラスの威力を持つ「ハドロンブラスター」を主武装とするほか、防御シールド「ブレイズ・ルミナス」で機体全体を覆うことが可能となっている。さらに本機で初めて、機体本体に緊急時コクピット射出システムが新たに設けられた。このことから、開発チームが専任オペレーターの枢木スザクをそれまでのデヴァイサーから事実上のパイロット待遇に格上げしたものと思われる。

Hadron Blaster

ハドロンブラスターは、ランスロット・コンクエスターの主力兵器である。砲身折リ畳み機構の採用と、制御および照準にヴァリスのシステムを転用することによリ、コンパクトだが戦艦並みの破壊力を発揮する。

The Hadron Blaster is the Lancelot Conquista's main weapon. It's compact due to adopting a gunbarrel folding mechanism and reusing the VARIS system for control and aim, yet it displays a destructive power equal to a battleship.

Lancelot Conquista

With the actual combat deployment of the Vincent, the Lancelot as an evaluation platform of Knightmare development, the loading of more advanced equipment became required. As the result, the Lancelot Conquista was born. The Lancelot Air Cavalry, by adding enhanced armament options, a substantial improvement of offensive and defensive capability has been achieved. Under the ''stronger, more ferocious'' development concept, in addition to treating the Hadron Blaster which holds the power of the strongest class for Knighmare mounted type beam weapons as the main armament, it has become possible to cover the whole machine with the Blaze Luminous defensive shield. Furthermore for the first time in this machine, an emergency cockpit ejection system has been newly provided to the machine's body. From this, it's considered that the development team promoted full-time operator Suzaku Kururugi from the until then Devicer to de facto pilot treatment.

4)Guren

紅蓮弐式は、黒の騎士団のエースパイロット・カレン・シュタットフェルトが搭乗するナイトメアだ。日本開放を画策する旧国家首脳陣が、中華連邦領インドの技術協力を得て開発・製造した機体である。世界の軍事バランスは、ナイトメアの登場によって大きな変化を遂げた。ブリタニアに勝利をもたらしたナイトメアの威力とその可能性に驚嘆した世界は、ただちに独自ナイトメアの開発に着手した。紅蓮弐式は、 こうした流れの中から生まれた機体である。本機には、対ナイトメア近接兵器・輻射波動機構をはじめ、天才技術者ラクシャータ・チャウラーの独創的アイデアが随所に盛り込まれており、その性能はブリタニアの主力ナイトメア・グラスゴー、サザーランドクラスを軽く凌駕する。第七世代に相当する高性能機である。

Extra box tex: 特徴的な右腕部には対ナイトメア近接兵器・輻射波動機構を装備している。
、第七世代に相当する高性能機である。

The Guren Type-02 is the Knightmare piloted by the ace pilot of the Black Knights, Kallen Stadtfeld. A group of leaders of the former nation planned to liberate Japan, but it's a machine developed and manufactured with the technical cooperation of the Chinese Federation Indian territory. The world military balance went through a big alteration because of the introduction of the Knightmare. The world marvelled at the potential of the Knightmare whose might brought victory to Britannia so the development of their own Knightmares was immediately launched. The Guren Type-02 is a machine that was born out of such trend. The original ideas of genius engineer Rakshata Chawla such as an anti-Knightmare melee weapon/radiation wave mechanism are incorporated everywhere in this machine. Its performance easily surpasses Glasgow and Sutherland-class Britannian mainline Knightmares. It's a high performance machine that corresponds to the 7th generation.

Cockpit
ナイトメアとして標準的なバイクシート準拠型のコクピット。 狭いため、居住性は劣悪である。 左右のスティックは操縦者の体重を支えるアシストグリップを兼ねているため、堅牢なロック機構が備えられている。

It's a cockpit model based on standard motorcycle seats for Knightmares. Since the left and right sticks double as assist grips to support the pilot's body weight, a robust lock mechanism is installed.

輻射波動機構
伸縮式の右腕に内装された輻射波動機構は、近接戦闘において敵を内部から加熱破壊する出力可変型のマイクロ波/誘導加熱ハイブリッドシステムだ。動力源は、紅蓮弐式本体とは独立した使い捨てカートリッジ式のエナジーフィラーを使用する。

高機走駆動輪(ランドスピナー)
脚部背面の高機走駆動輪は、高速巡航に使用する他、左右動輪の回転速度差を利用した信地旋回・超信地旋回などナイトメアの戦闘機動に欠かせない装備である。接地圧可変タイヤの採用により、整地・不整地の区別なく高い踏破性を発揮する。

High mechanical racing driving wheels that are equipped to rear of the legs, besides being utilized for high-speed cruising, it's a fundamental equipment for Knightmare combat maneuvers like pivot turns/ultra pivot turns which use the different rotational speeds of the left and right driving wheels. Because of the adoption of variable pressure contact patch tires, it exhibits a high traversability without distinction of even/uneven terrains.

飛燕爪牙(スラッシュハーケン)
左胸郭に装備された飛燕爪牙は、強化炭素繊維のワイヤーに接続された特殊鋼のスパイクをロケットモーターで射出する兵器だ。切断、牽引、貫入、拘束など多彩な用途を持つナイトメア独特の武装である。

''Flying Swallow Weapon'' that is equipped in the left chest, it's a weapon that shoots a special steel spike connected to a reinforced carbon fiber wire using rocket motors. It's a characteristic Knightmare weapon that possess diverse applications like cutting, pulling, penetration and binding.

呂号乙型特斬刀
背部に格納された特殊鍛造合金製のナイフは、対機甲戦装備である。その形状は日本の古式兵器「鎧通し」と「十手」を融合させたもので、ナイトメアや戦車などの装甲を切断・貫入する他、敵機の刀剣を折ることが可能である。

A knife made of a specially forged alloy that is stored in the back, it's an anti-armor combat equipment. Because its shape is the fusion of the ancient Japanese weapons ''Yoroidoshi'' and ''Jitte'', in addition to cutting and penetrating the armor of Knightmares, tanks and the like, it's possible to break the sword of enemy machines.

統合環境情報処理集合体
操縦者に機体周辺の環境情報を提供する多数の高性能センサーの総称。ブリタニア製ナイトメアのファクトスフィアに相当する。通常はカバーで防護されており、起動時にのみ開放される。

Generic name for numerous high efficiency sensors that provide environmental information of the machine's surroundings to the pilot. It corresponds to the Brittania-made Knightmare's Factspheres. Usually protected by a cover, it's only opened during startup.

Extra: 伸縮式の右腕に内装された輻射波動機構は、近接戦闘において高周波を短いサイクルで直接、照射し敵を内部から加熱破壊する出力可変型のマイクロ波/誘導加熱ハイブリッドシステムだ。動力源は、紅蓮弐式本体とは独立した使い捨てカートリッジ式のエナジーフィラーを使用する。

A radiation wave mechanism that has been mounted inside its telescopic right arm, it's a variable output microwave/induction heating hybrid system that destroys by heating the enemy from the inside in melee combat with high frequency direct radiation in short cycles. Its power source is independent from the Guren Type-02's body since it employs disposable cartridge type energy fillers.

Japanese Knightmare Development:

日本独自のナイトメア開発は、ブリタニア軍の機体の解析からスタートした。当初、実戦で運用できたのは鹵獲したグラスゴーに応急改修を施した機体(制式名「無頼」)のみであった。しかし日本の技術陣はグラスゴーを徹底的に解析することで、ナイトメア開発に必要な技術を習得することができた。その後、ラクシャータからもたらされた技術を加えることで、日本は紅蓮弐式以降、独自色の強いナイトメアの開発を続けている。 ブリタニアでは、ナイトメアを技術進化の世代によって区分してる。それによれば、最新鋭機ランスロットは第7世代機となる。しかし日本では前述した事情から、ブリタニアでは第4世代機とされるグラスゴーの改修機・無頼が第1世代機に位置付けられる。したがって、紅蓮弐式は第2世代機に数えられることになるが、その性能はブリタニア第7世代機・ランスロットと同等である。そのため、日本のナイトメアを世代で分類することは現実的手法ではないと考えられている。

5) Vincent Rolo:

「白き死神」と恐れられた実験機Z-01ランスロットの圧倒的な性能に注目したブリタニア技術陣は、この先鋭的なナイトメアの量産計画に着手した。その結果誕生したのが、RPI-212ヴィンセントだ。ランスロットからの大きな変更点は、緊急離脱システムを搭載した新型コクピットの採用、両肩部への新たなランドスピナ一の増設、特殊兵装ニードルブレイザーの両前腕部への内装、新型ファクトスフィアの搭載などである。 ただし、コクピットとファクトスフィア以外の装備は製造コストの問題から、 後期量産型では省略された。そのためフルスペックの本機は「初期量産試作型」に位置付けられ、機密情報部をはじめとするごく少数の精鋭部隊に配備されたのみに留まっている。'

The overwhelming performance of the experimental machine Z-01 Lancelot, feared as the ''White Death", was noticed by the Brittanian engineering staff so the mass production plan of that radical Knightmare was launched. As a result, the RPI-212 Vincent was born. It has big changes from the Lancelot like the adoption of a new cockpit model equipped with an emergency withdrawal system, the addition of novel Landspinners to both shoulders, built-in special armaments Needle Blazers to both forearms and the mounting of new model Factspheres. However, those equipments, with the exception of the cockpit and the Factspheres, were omitted in the late mass production model because of production cost issues. For that reason, this full spec machine, ranked as the ''Initial Mass Production Prototype'', remained deployed only to very few elite units including the confidential information bureau.

ランドスピナー[Land Spinner]

212ヴィンセント初期量産試作型では、ランドスピナーが両脚部のほか、両肩部バルジ端にも新たに装備された。後の量産機では製造コスト及び整備性の問題から省略されたが、立体的戦闘には超絶的運動性能を発揮することができる。

In the 212 Vincent Initial Mass Production Prototype, in addition to the leg ones, Landspinners were also newly equipped in the tip of both shoulder's bulges. In the late mass production machines those were omitted because of production cost and maintainability issues, but they are able to display transcendental kinematic performance in three-dimensional combat.

スラッシュハーケン[Slash Haken]

両腰部側面に装備した旋回式プラットフォームには、スラッシュハーケンが搭載されている。ランスロットの機構をそのまま踏襲したもので、 敵機攻撃のほか牽引、登攀などに使用される。
Box text: 両腰部側面に装備した旋回式プラットフォームには、スラッシュハーケンが搭載されている。ランスロットの機構をそのまま踏襲したもので、 敵機攻撃のほか登攀、牽引など多彩な用途を持つ兵器。

Box: The Slash Harken is mounted in rotating platforms equipped on both waist sides. Because it followed the Lancelot's mechanism without change, it's a weapon that has diverse applications like climbing and traction, in addition to attacking enemy machines.

ニードルブレイザーは、 ブレイズ・ルミナスの波動を物性波で形成し、対象物を破壊する特殊兵器である。両前腕部に内載され、使用時には肘関節部からインパクトフェイスがポップアップする。ヴィンセント初期量産試作型にのみに採用された武装である。

The Needle Blazer is a special weapon that destroys the target by shaping the Blaze Luminous wave into a physical one. It's mounted inside both forearms, the impact face pops up from the elbow joint during use. It's an armament that was adopted only in the Vincent Initial Mass Production Prototype.

ファクトスフィア [Fact Sphere]

原型機となったランスロットのファクトスフィアに大幅な改良を加え、搭載位置を両肩部バルジに移動した。システムの重複化と大きなパララックス(視差)の確保により、信頼性と光学測距精度の大幅な向上を果たしている。

The Factspheres of the prototype machine Lancelot were substantially improved upon, the mounting position moved to the bulges in both shoulders. By ensuring a large parallax with the overlapping of the system, it achieved a drastic improvement of reliability and optical ranging precision.

MVS (メーザーバイブレーションソード)ランスタイプ [Maser Vibration Sword Lance Type]

左右背部に一基ずつ装備された高周波電子剪断兵器。ランスロットのMVSと同じ機構だが、このランスタイプでは、グリップ部のシャフトを結合させることで、ツインエッジ式の槍形状に変形させることができる。

High frequency electronic shearing weapon that is equipped one apiece to the left and right of the back. Same mechanism as the Lancelot's MVS, but this Lance Type can be transformed into a twin edge type spear form by coupling the shafts of the grips.

Float System

電気熱ジェット推進装置と、ヒッグス場の限定的中和による質量封じ込め装置とを組み合わせた最新鋭の飛行装置である。ランスロットをモデルに量産化した為、フロートシステムが使用可能。

It's a state-of-the-art flight equipment that combines electro-thermal jet propulsion devices with a mass containment device according to a Higgs Field limited neutralization. Because they converted the Lancelot into a mass production model, a Float System is available.

6)Vincent Command:

RPI-212Aヴィンセントは、ブリタニアの主力ナイトメア・ヴィンセントの指揮官専用機だ。初期量産試作型(RPI-212)をべースに、アビオニクス/ベトロニクス統合システムを新型のブロック2仕様に換装し、指揮統制機能の強化を果たしている。ブロック2では、ファクトスフィアの情報処理能力も引き上げられ、精細な広域情報を部隊指揮官に提供することが可能となっている。複数の麾下機を並列指揮統制する高速ネットワーク機能と部隊間通信機能も大きく強化され、ECCM能力およびゲフィオンディスターバーへの抗堪性も格段に向上した。また、フロートユニットの装着により空中戦も可能である。多数の派生機を輩出した212Aは、ブリタニア・ナイトメアのスタンダード機と言えるだろう。

The RPI-212A Vincent is a commander dedicated machine of the Britannian mainline Knightmare Vincent. Based on the RPI-212 Initial Mass Production Prototype, the avionics/vetronics integrated system was retrofit to a new model Block 2 specification, it accomplished an enhancement of the command control function. In Block 2, the data processing capability of the Factspheres was also increased, it has become possible to provide detailed wide area information to the unit commander. High-speed network and inter-unit communication functions for parallel command and control of multiple subordinate machines were also enhanced in a big way, ECCM ability as well as survivability to Gefjun Distuber were also specially improved. Also, aerial combat is possible by equipping a Float Unit too. A great number of derived machines from the 212A appeared one after the other, it's possible to say that it's a standard machine of the Britannian Knightmares.

ランドスピナー[Land Spinner]

ヴィンセント初期量産試作型をべースに、、ランドスピナーが両脚部のほか、両肩部バルジ端にも新たに装備された。後の量産機では製造コスト及び整備性の問題から省略されたが、立体的戦闘には超絶的運動性能を発揮することができる。

Based on the Vincent Initial Mass Production Prototype, in addition to the leg ones, Landspinners were also newly equipped in the tip of both shoulder's bulges. In the late mass production machines those were omitted because of production cost and maintainability issues, but they are able to display transcendental kinematic performance in three-dimensional combat.

ニードルブレイザーは、 ブレイズ・ルミナスの波動を物性波で形成し、対象物を破壊する特殊兵器である。両前腕部に内載され、使用時には肘関節部からインパクトフェイスがポップアップする。
Last edited by balofo on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:45 am, edited 12 times in total.