Javelin's Sucessor

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
felip3cruz

Javelin's Sucessor

Apparently, the Javelin was bound to be replaced by a newer Mobile Suit dubbed RGM-147 in the Victory Gundam novels. Does anyone have information about that MS?
Deathzealot

Re: Javelin's Sucessor

Most likely something based on the Victory. Then again the Federation is not going to last for much longer after the end of Victory.
balofo

ジェイブス? Jp wiki just lists the name and says they don't describe either the model number nor armaments
AmuroNT1

Jeeves?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
bilbros

Jp wiki just lists the name and says they don't describe either the model number nor armaments
Yep, apparently not much is said in the novel where it's introduced (volume 5, chapter 10).
Which makes me wonder from what source the RGM-147 model number should come...
felip3cruz

bilbros wrote:
Jp wiki just lists the name and says they don't describe either the model number nor armaments
Yep, apparently not much is said in the novel where it's introduced (volume 5, chapter 10).
Which makes me wonder from what source the RGM-147 model number should come...
Well, the RGM-147 model number is mentioned on the Javelin page on Gundam Wiki: not the most reliable place, but still they some times are right. (Such as the very brief information on the V3 Gundam).
Calubin_175

Speaking of the Javelin, it has been commonly described as the mainstay Federation space MS as Jamesgun is for ground use. However, towards the second half of the events in V Gundam, we see Javelins flying under earth's gravity. Though it has been assumed that the ones used in an attempt to stop the "Roller Operation" must have been modified somewhat, we see more floating Javelins during the decisive battle on earth in the final episode.

Would they have been upgraded with some form of Minovsky Flight system? We know that even the latter half of Zanscare MS don't really need the beam rotor anymore. Even the Clop class and Salamis Kai have minovsky craft. The Ra Cailum in Unicorn was the missing link to it.

The Gunblastor on the otherhand was an upgrade for enhanced space mobility but works under gravity as well.
mcred23

Deathzealot wrote:Most likely something based on the Victory. Then again the Federation is not going to last for much longer after the end of Victory.
For what it's worth, if the RGM-147 number is accurate (Gundam Wiki grain of salt and all), that would mean it's development started in UC 0147, which is before the League Militaire started the Victory Project, which was in UC 0149 (According to the old High Frontier timeline, which is somewhat more trustworthy). Besides, the EFF and League Militaire weren't working together at the time, so I'd doubt the next EFF suit would be heavily based on the Victory, if at all...
Calubin_175 wrote:Speaking of the Javelin, it has been commonly described as the mainstay Federation space MS as Jamesgun is for ground use. However, towards the second half of the events in V Gundam, we see Javelins flying under earth's gravity. Though it has been assumed that the ones used in an attempt to stop the "Roller Operation" must have been modified somewhat, we see more floating Javelins during the decisive battle on earth in the final episode.

Would they have been upgraded with some form of Minovsky Flight system? We know that even the latter half of Zanscare MS don't really need the beam rotor anymore. Even the Clop class and Salamis Kai have minovsky craft. The Ra Cailum in Unicorn was the missing link to it.
It's been a while since I watched Victory, but IIRC we basically only see the Jamesgun one time in the show, defending a base in an early episode (Just after the Shrikes show up), and then for the rest of the series the Javelin almost entirely what we see.

As for the final battle, I think we see pretty much every MS just flying around as if it were space or gravity wasn't an issue at all (In contrast to what we see before in the series, and other shows), so I really don't know what to make of it. It's possible that the Javelin's are powerful enough to fly or maintain some kind of high altitude hover (Like seemingly all the other MS are doing in those episodes), or perhaps they do have some kind of Minovsky Flight system. Really, as unsatisfactory of an answer as it is, I'd just not worry about trying to explain everything that happens at the end of Victory (Cue the Zanscares being tossed back into space by Newtype powers and dated NBA references :P).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
saneman

Deathzealot wrote:Most likely something based on the Victory. Then again the Federation is not going to last for much longer after the end of Victory.
Aside from discredited G-Savor, there is no evidence that Earth Federation was going to collapse. More likely, it would have ambled on.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
felip3cruz

saneman wrote:
Aside from discredited G-Savor, there is no evidence that Earth Federation was going to collapse. More likely, it would have ambled on.
Actually, both Gundam Reconguista in G and Turn A Gundam clearly states that the Earth Federation collapsed at some point and I highly doubt that it took too long after Victory Gundam to happen considering its situation in U.C. 0153.
balofo

Only known info is the name, the fact that's slightly large than the Jamesgun and that it was produced in small quantities.

Another mythical unit along GNX-V and Xeku Drei
Geoxile

There's a GN-XV? Any info?

Also the Xeku Drei at least has some art behind it
ChaoticSheep1

The Xeku Drei sounds magical :D
MythSearcher

felip3cruz wrote:
saneman wrote:
Actually, both Gundam Reconguista in G and Turn A Gundam clearly states that the Earth Federation collapsed at some point and I highly doubt that it took too long after Victory Gundam to happen considering its situation in U.C. 0153.
G-Saviour gives us UC0218, it still exist in UC0208 in Gaia Gear.
At least G-Saviour has a Newtype 100% collection for it so it is not discredited, at least in Japan.
BrentD15

MythSearcher wrote:
felip3cruz wrote:
saneman wrote: Aside from discredited G-Savor, there is no evidence that Earth Federation was going to collapse. More likely, it would have ambled on.
G-Saviour gives us UC0218, it still exist in UC0208 in Gaia Gear.
At least G-Saviour has a Newtype 100% collection for it so it is not discredited, at least in Japan.
I thought the Earth Federation was replaced with CONSENT by G-SAVIOUR.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Calubin_175

Strangely, CONSENT has zeonic designs.

Overall the premise isn't too bad and plausible for UC, while the designs serve as a precursor to the ZAFT ones.