Mecha on flying platforms

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
doghunter1

Mecha on flying platforms

Given the fact they ride on aircraft smaller than them (Dodais and Base Jabbers), how exactly can said aircraft's 18m passengers stay on board and not fall off?
Mark-II

Re: Mecha on flying platforms

Well, we use skateboards, surfboards and such where we're much taller than the height of the platform we're riding on. True that they have a stable base, but I'm willing to accept that in general the future will allow lift, hover and attitude control sufficient enough for a 75-ton MS to ride and maneuver atop it.

We recently read about the guys who apparently created a stable-ish hoverboard. Halfway there!

Mark-II
doghunter1

Mark-II wrote:Well, we use skateboards, surfboards and such where we're much taller than the height of the platform we're riding on. True that they have a stable base, but I'm willing to accept that in general the future will allow lift, hover and attitude control sufficient enough for a 75-ton MS to ride and maneuver atop it.

We recently read about the guys who apparently created a stable-ish hoverboard. Halfway there!

Mark-II
Thanks
Kuruni

Wait, what exactly is your question? Is it how SFS can has enough power to lift an MS in air, or how MS can stay on SFS without falling off it? Because I think you ask for latter, but Mark-II give an answer for former and it seem to hit the spot.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Staying on seems to be less of an issue, its pretty much the same question as how MSs stay on the outer wall of spinning colonies and not drift off due to momentum.
Magnets, tiny mounts(like the ones used on the Canadarm II) are two possible ways I can think of right now.