The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

Kuruni wrote:That being said, I think it's simple pun ("uni corn") in this case.
Uni-CORE-n, since it's inside The End's torso?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Kuruni wrote:That being said, I think it's simple pun ("uni corn") in this case.
Uni-CORE-n, since it's inside The End's torso?
UNI-CORE ENDO! :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
RyuseiDateSRX

Wow, it's disappointing that the Ikkaku wasn't used in that Destroy Mode looking form in the anime. The End got destroyed before Adou even managed to use the Ikkaku fully. What a waste. I wonder if it had to do with the move he was about to use on Tatsuya.

What a shame. Typical of mecha anime to not use all the designed weapons and attacks for some mecha.

It would be cool to see it used in an extended final battle with Adou and Yuuma in the Blu-ray release or something. Heck, an extended final battle will allow Shia and Fumina to use more stuff from their Gunpla that they didn't use as well. If they won't extend it, then there still may be hope in the OVA.
balofo

They REALLY want us to swallow the ridiculous particle usage of the Full Cloth...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7JrBNsZDJvc/V ... MG1634.jpg

The manual mentions a Full Mode with Plavsky Particles in the text.
latenlazy

Would have been more believable if

1) Lucas didn't just curbstomp Ado and Shia but took them out completely and
2) Finale didn't have Build Burning and Transient blowing up colonies, then planets.
BrentD15

Like any of it matters anyway...
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kuruni

latenlazy wrote:Would have been more believable if

1) Lucas didn't just curbstomp Ado and Shia but took them out completely and
2) Finale didn't have Build Burning and Transient blowing up colonies, then planets.
My personal theory is that whoever program the Battle System machine really love over-the-top effect. Afterall, the machine generate space backdrop and title when Tryon-3 complete its combination just for cool factor (and at least the space backdrop occur in-universe, you can see it in arena's giant screens in Tryon-3's debut). So the environment damage is set to high, make it easier for blowing up castle, city, colony, moon, or even planet :mrgreen: . But gunpla damage and performance is still set to normal to keep the game balance.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Guess the fight at Abou A Qu gave Nils a flare for the dramatic when putting together the new system parameters.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

The system has a preprogrammed response to THE MOON BEING DESTROYED. Clearly, whomever preprogrammed the system - presumably Gary-Stu Nielsen, IMO - has a flair for the dramatic.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Cathedral Gundam has same model number as Denial

http://i.imgur.com/WKcr3np.jpg
balofo

Full Cloth manual info:
-Model Number is XM-X1. I wish they would decide on the upgraded Crossbones having different model numbers from the base units or not...
-Best built model in the championship
-Has many weapons and can fight many enemies at the same time.
-Requires a large quantity of Plavsky Particles to exert its full power, so it either defeats the enemies quickly or has to resort to particle ressuply...
-While the in-universe machine was repaired/damaged many times, Lucas gunpla doesn't suffer from this problem so it is at its full potential. Has added particle control ability.
-Peacock Smasher: can fire 9 beams in a wide area shot, Lucas added the function to aim each barrel individually
-FULL MODE: releases all the accumulated particles inside the unit at once, temporarily raising the gunpla's performance. While this can achieve performance beyond the limit it also uses up a large quantity of particles resulting in a short operation time, thus the load on the gunpla is big
-Full Cloth Unit: evaporates the Beam attack.
-Chest Vulcan Cannon: higher power that head one, also functions as a powerful blinding light emitter.
-Beam Saber: serves 2 purposes, Beam Gun or Beam Saber. Can also be jettisoned as an attack.

Nothing else interesting.

I guess we can finally settle on the Crossbones having shoulder Beam Saber/Beam Gun(depicted as a Beam Vulcan in the manga) and the X3 chest weapon is called a Vulcan too(some claimed it as a machine cannon)

Will they ever give us its HQ lineart on the official site?
AmuroNT1

As far as I know, the only case of a Crossbone having a different model number is X-2 Kai's being XM-X2ex, unless they went back and changed the information when I wasn't looking.

Regarding X-3's (and by extension, Full Cloth's) chest guns, most video games tend to refer to them simply as Gatling guns. And as I've noted before, the blinding flash is something that was never noted in Crossbone's profiles, and actually seems to owe its existence to AGE-2 Dark Hound's flash eye, which was likewise housed in the skull relief on the chest.

The thing about the beam sabers' firing mode is, it can be really hard to tell what's going on in the manga sometimes, not in the least because of Hasegawa's sketchy art style. But since it's always depicted in video games as a form of beam vulcan, I guess that's what we go with.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

RyuseiDateSRX

So could Full Mode be where the Full Cloth's awesome mouth vents open up? One thing I was looking forward to in BF Try was its mouth vents opening up, and I was disappointed and surprised that it didn't happen. I mean, you would expect they would show that off when a Crossbone Gundam is involved. It looks so badass after all.

So when Lucas used Full Mode at the end, I thought that maybe Full Cloth's mouth vents opened up at that part, but they didn't show us, and only showed us the back of Full Cloth instead, showing the thrusters increasing their output as part of the Full Mode, so the mouth vents opened up off screen.

I would like confirmation though.
AmuroNT1

The official explanation for the Crossbones' mouth vents is that they retain a lot of heat thanks to their high power output and thick armor, but since standard exhaust vents would create obvious weakpoints, they added the mouth vent with its built-in shutter. Of course, I don't know how/if overheating is handled in Gunpla Battle, so maybe it provides a different function there.

balofo

Actually the explanation for the Crossbones mouth exhaust is that since it's a melee suit in contrast to the F91 it's more armored in parts where there would vents, so to counter this the mouth vent opens in more regular intervals. The extra armor makes a difference even when you compare the F91 and F97 acceleration rates

Still the explanation for Lucas jobbing is ridiculous and that was perhaps the most disappointing battle in the entire franchise.
RyuseiDateSRX

Ah, thanks for explaining guys.

I still wonder why they didn't show its mouth vents opening up at least once in the battle. Would've made the battle more cool.
Raikoh

I really wish they'd drop the pretense that the Crossbone was supposed to be some awesome unit when it got so humiliated and other units do way more stuff and aren't crippled by particle handicap. Even with the Full Mode it lost out to Transient Burst. The Transient blasted through a mountain and chasing the X1 the entire fight and never hitting a particle wall. The aforementioned blowing up the world.

They should've just said that Lucas slipped up building it and accidentally punctured the Gunpla causing particles to spill out like crazy or something.
-While the in-universe machine was repaired/damaged many times, Lucas gunpla doesn't suffer from this problem so it is at its full potential. Has added particle control ability.
So I guess this confirms the inconsistencies being that they never read Crossbone. Full Cloth was used in one battle... If you want to talk about the X-1 in general, it got messed up a bit but not THAT much - the only time it was put in a state of disrepair was when they had to pop the X-3's arm onto it. Things like the Victory series, RX-78-2, or their beloved Exia got damaged more frequently than the X-1.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
AmuroNT1

Honest question here: Since people seem upset about Bandai attempting to justify the particle issue in Full Cloth's manual, should they have just not bothered explaining anything and left everything with just the information presented in the anime itself?

Also, I think the idea of "Lucas made an off-screen building error that screwed him over" would probably not have gone over any better.

And the X-1 got damaged a lot more than you're remembering, it seems. To run down the list...
-In the first battle with the Death Gale Team, it took some real damage, in particular losing both arms, which lead to the X-1 Kai upgrade.
-Kincaid's first duel with Zabine, which ended with X-1 Kai getting kicked into the atmosphere and performing re-entry with nothing more than its beam shields as protection - and this is after Zabine worked it over a bit.
-In the final chapters, it took some damage from Kincaid and Zabine's last battle and performed re-entry again, but fared much better this time around.
-In Skull Heart, the Amakusa came close to wrecking the Skull Heart, but it was holding back because the Amuro Ray bio-brain "knew" that the pirates were the good guys.
-Early in The Steel 7, the Cornix absolutely wrecks the Skull Heart, which necessitates the Patchwork version since it's literally all they can do to keep it running.
-And again, during the final battle with the Impulse Cornix on Earth, Patchwork takes a fair bit of damage before they finally get Callisto, which of course leads to Full Cloth.

balofo

We all wanted Lucas taking out Shia/Muh wrist and then having a close defeat to Mr. Cardboardbox.

Even if they wanted the FC to sufferfrom particle problems, just make the fight 3 minutes but actually animated...

The in the next fight we have gunpla destroying colonies/planets with no problems.

It was simply poor writing, the whole show suffered from it.
latenlazy

AmuroNT1 wrote:Honest question here: Since people seem upset about Bandai attempting to justify the particle issue in Full Cloth's manual, should they have just not bothered explaining anything and left everything with just the information presented in the anime itself?

Also, I think the idea of "Lucas made an off-screen building error that screwed him over" would probably not have gone over any better.

And the X-1 got damaged a lot more than you're remembering, it seems. To run down the list...
-In the first battle with the Death Gale Team, it took some real damage, in particular losing both arms, which lead to the X-1 Kai upgrade.
-Kincaid's first duel with Zabine, which ended with X-1 Kai getting kicked into the atmosphere and performing re-entry with nothing more than its beam shields as protection - and this is after Zabine worked it over a bit.
-In the final chapters, it took some damage from Kincaid and Zabine's last battle and performed re-entry again, but fared much better this time around.
-In Skull Heart, the Amakusa came close to wrecking the Skull Heart, but it was holding back because the Amuro Ray bio-brain "knew" that the pirates were the good guys.
-Early in The Steel 7, the Cornix absolutely wrecks the Skull Heart, which necessitates the Patchwork version since it's literally all they can do to keep it running.
-And again, during the final battle with the Impulse Cornix on Earth, Patchwork takes a fair bit of damage before they finally get Callisto, which of course leads to Full Cloth.
If by not bothering to explain everything you also mean not hyping the full cloth, maybe. Or they could have given it more impressive feats to justify the gimp...or just not have transient and try burning blow up a planet. Establishing particle limitations itself isn't the problem. Its when the rules of the universe aren't intuitively consistent and feel like super forced plot devices that this becomes a problem (I don't normally accuse everything of being a plot device but this is one).