The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

balofo wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:
balofo wrote:Cathedral Gundam, 2nd Meijin made masterpiece. Uses Beam Rifle and Shield plus Striker equipment on the back. Later upgraded into Denial Gundam

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4egw1 ... 0xc7e8.jpg
Ironic name considering he's one of the "devils" of the GBF universe.

Still waiting to find out how it fell in Junya's hands.
The lower text also wonders how it made into Junya's hand. It went from all purpose to melee oriented gunpla, final touches done by Junya himself

Cathedral is most likely getting an official gunpla release, since all it needs are new shoulders, new waist armor, new knee armor and a new backpack
It's not some P-Bandai cop-out right? And my guess is they may intend to reveal it later...
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
RyuseiDateSRX

Maybe Junya beat the 2nd Meijin up and stole the Cathedral Gundam. And that's how the 2nd Meijin ended up in hospital in the first series.

Kidding kidding, I'm not even sure that would even make sense. Wasn't the 2nd Meijin in hospital due to illness or something? I really wonder how Junya got it off of him. For all we know, the 2nd Meijin willingly gave it to him. Maybe he personally saw Junya as similar to him, in that they're brutal and all that, and felt that he could pass the Gunpla to him. I just hope they'll reveal it in the anime or Build Fighters Amazing or both. If it's both, then that'll be cool. I wanna see Build Fighters Amazing referenced for once. Not even Tatsuya made a reference to it yet in the anime.
Red Zaku

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Maybe Junya beat the 2nd Meijin up and stole the Cathedral Gundam. And that's how the 2nd Meijin ended up in hospital in the first series.

Kidding kidding, I'm not even sure that would even make sense. Wasn't the 2nd Meijin in hospital due to illness or something? I really wonder how Junya got it off of him. For all we know, the 2nd Meijin willingly gave it to him. Maybe he personally saw Junya as similar to him, in that they're brutal and all that, and felt that he could pass the Gunpla to him. I just hope they'll reveal it in the anime or Build Fighters Amazing or both. If it's both, then that'll be cool. I wanna see Build Fighters Amazing referenced for once. Not even Tatsuya made a reference to it yet in the anime.

Given the character portrait of the second Meijin and Junya, I'm guessing they're related, possibly father and son. It explains why Junya is fixated on winning and strength, since that is also what the Second Meijin was known for. We're meant to assume the second Meijin was like that because of mind control BS that was used on Yuuki, but the second Meijin really could have just been a giant asshole.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
gunform1010

Red Zaku wrote:
RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Maybe Junya beat the 2nd Meijin up and stole the Cathedral Gundam. And that's how the 2nd Meijin ended up in hospital in the first series.

Given the character portrait of the second Meijin and Junya, I'm guessing they're related, possibly father and son. It explains why Junya is fixated on winning and strength, since that is also what the Second Meijin was known for. We're meant to assume the second Meijin was like that because of mind control BS that was used on Yuuki, but the second Meijin really could have just been a giant ZOINKS.
Why not have the 2nd be already a violent fighter and sore loser, and Mashita, enjoying this, decides to hook him up with the embody system? Though that may offer some continuity problems. We'll see what happens in Amazing.

Back to the actual matter- the coach we know to have some how gotten a hold of it.

RyuseiDateSRX

Red Zaku wrote:

Given the character portrait of the second Meijin and Junya, I'm guessing they're related, possibly father and son. It explains why Junya is fixated on winning and strength, since that is also what the Second Meijin was known for. We're meant to assume the second Meijin was like that because of mind control BS that was used on Yuuki, but the second Meijin really could have just been a giant ZOINKS.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing lol.
balofo

Ebikawa did the color adjustment for the Full Cloth.

It also seems it won't get lineart...

The End has finger beam sabers on the normal hands, mouth in the chest

GN Partisan double as Beam Rifle and the open mode is a gerobi beam
Calubin_175

Simply overpowered, these are super robots. Just mount weapon ports anywhere you like as long as it maintains a streamlined form.

The plot is lame as they exclusively demonstrated Full Cloth having a particle limit while everyone else doesn't.

Thee End's arsenal is comparable with the Doven Wolf and probably Mazinger Z.
AmuroNT1

We're STILL not getting official Crossbone lineart? Jeez Bandai, for as much as you guys seem to love that story, you still give it the shaft where it really counts. :\
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
BrentD15

balofo wrote:The End has finger beam sabers on the normal hands, mouth in the chest.
That orange Doga-thing got ate!

Seriously, this further cements Gundam The End as my favorite suit from BFT. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Regarding Full Cloth in Try:
-Model number listed as XM-X1, funny since the X1 Kai from where the Skull heart is based is now officialy XM-X1 Kai.
-It had the chest mega machinecannons, leftover from the Patchwork. I've seen claims it was removed since it wasn't used in the manga nor it's named in the MG specs.
-The Beam Sabers were used in Core Fighter form, something claimed recently in the HGUC manual. There was also scene when it seemed to fire Beam Vulcans in MS form, but since it was offscreen we can't confirm if it was form the shoulders Beam Sabers/Guns.
-Flash attack inspired on the Dark Hound fired from the same place
-The corefighter model number appears to be CX-1

Transient weapons list was also shown: Beam Saber, Gn Vulcan, Special Weapon(Burst Mode) and GN Partisan. I guess the Beam Saber is emitted from the arm Vulcans as seen briefly in the ep where he fights Sekai.
AmuroNT1

balofo wrote:-The Beam Sabers were used in Core Fighter form, something claimed recently in the HGUC manual. There was also scene when it seemed to fire Beam Vulcans in MS form, but since it was offscreen we can't confirm if it was form the shoulders Beam Sabers/Guns.
Something similar did happen in the Crossbone manga. In Vol.5 Ch.2, Bera takes out the spare X2 Core Fighter to deliver its sabers and two spare beam shields to Kincaid's X1 Kai, which had been whittled down by back-to-back fights with Harrison's F91 and Zabine's X2 Kai. The Core Fighter launches the un-activated saber grips to the X1 Kai, so Lukas' little trick in this week's episode isn't unreasonable.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

balofo

Yeah but no one knew you could use the Core Fighter to ram thing with Beam Sabers. Which is a fairly cool ability

More Portent info from manual:
-It has 2x GN Vulcans on head sides, the description even says they're barely used so I guess we won't see it on the anime.
-GN Pierce Sword, manual acknowledges the long melee attack saying it can extend its range by shooting particles
-GN Smash Rifle has high accuracy due to the body's particle control ability
-The Container's 5 repair machines are called Kareru(力レル)
-The wings are equivalent to Clavicle Antennas.
domtropen

It's not known how many times The End can fire its big beam. However its fangs iirc do not shoot beams like funnels so it may not eat up that much particles. Also does it have i-field like barrier or just tough armor to shrug off FC's big beam?
AmuroNT1

Since The End seems to be a 00-type Gunpla (note the deep violet/crimson GN particles it emits), I think it most likely has some form of GN field. Plus, I figured the 00 designs might have a slight advantage in particle storage due to the GN condensers.

gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:Since The End seems to be a 00-type Gunpla (note the deep violet/crimson GN particles it emits), I think it most likely has some form of GN field. Plus, I figured the 00 designs might have a slight advantage in particle storage due to the GN condensers.
What's The End modeled after?

AmuroNT1

It's an original design that just uses inspiration from Celestial Being's Gundams, rather than being a modification of a specific design like Exia, Dynames, or whatever.

Calubin_175

So sculpt wise, Lucas' Full Cloth is identical to the regular version but GBT showed a lot more odd hidden gimmicks.
Gundam420

AmuroNT1 wrote:It's an original design that just uses inspiration from Celestial Being's Gundams, rather than being a modification of a specific design like Exia, Dynames, or whatever.
Though its closed form screams of Deathscythe Hell.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
DoubleZero

Did Wilfrid imply that Lucas' Crossbone has the same performance(or, at least, the mobility) as the original Crossbone?

Also, the Crossbone's Core fighter is tough enough to break through Portent's GN-field(which tanked Vagan Gear K's Super beam blast).
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
E08

Technically, it is a particle transformation field, but yeah it does function like a GN field. I suppose the core fighter can break through due to its high thrust. It is a bit like Seraphim forcing its way through Garazzo's GN field.