The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

balofo wrote:It actually says the Phoenix(also suggests it can take other forms)...
Hmm...we need to figure out what that move suppose to be, so we can figure out its "other forms". It seem that people think it's Houyoku Tenshou, but I also see J-Quoth in it as well...and it cause damage to Burning like Hell and Heaven does...
My girlfriend was a loli.
gunform1010

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KRYKGfHrLho/V ... led-69.jpg

Transient's GN partisan has a shooting mode (the one where the larger blades are fanned out) and can be separated into two different weapons.

Try Build Burning's model has been released in Japan (ref: http://www.1999.co.jp/10306421). Model number is TBG-011B, overall height 17.7 meters, full weight 78 tons. Mentions a few Jigen Haoh techniques:
-Hadou Reppaku Ken (Wave-Motion Screaming Fist): The fist is charged with flames created by Plavsky particles and slammed into the ground, launching a wave of flames forwards. Seen during Sekai's fight with Wilfred.
-Rasen Ken (Spiral Fist): The fist is spun at high speeds, yielding a punch with high destructive power. This move is physically impossible for a human to perform, but a Gunpla can do it easily. Seems separate from the Ryusei Rasen Ken seen with the Winning Knuckle.
-Senpuu Tatsumaki Geri (Whirlwind Tornado Kick): A kick performed while spinning rapidly in mid-air. The rotations generate a tornado which can be used to destroy incoming missiles. Seen several times in the series already.
The phoenix attack is referenced, but not elaborated upon in any meaningful way.
What was the Kanji used for Hadou Reppaku Ken? What did each character stand for?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
AmuroNT1

Exactly the same kanji I said it was the first time this came up:

波動 Hadou: Wave Motion/Surge
裂帛 Reppaku: Scream/Sound of Cloth Tearing
拳 Ken: Fist

Kuruni: One of the pictures Gundam Guy posted from a Japanese review shows TBB throwing out the attack with an actual effect part...after some thought, I realized it probably came from the S.I.C. Kamen Rider OOO Tajador figure, so we can also add the Magna Blaze to the list.

EDIT SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

According to displays at the C3 event in Hong Kong, the official names for Gyanko's teammates' Gunpla are Rising K Gundam and Nobel M Gundam.

(And before anyone asks, no, it was just a display; there don't seem to be any plans to mass produce and sell these two, or the Amethyst Victory and G-Bomber that were also on display.)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

NK-13J Denial Gundam. Designed by NAOKI.

I guess that's it for original designs in Try, unless someone from Academy gets an upgrade for the finals or some cameo like Sei appears using a new original design.
AmuroNT1

I had kind of a hard time telling if it was supposed to be NK or NX. Damn hard-to-read GP Base font...
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

balofo

it's NK for NAOKI, since it was his first totally original design for the Gundam franchise.

BTW Denial can use the energy hair as Master Cloth and the forearm particle emitter can form a beam dagger
gunform1010

balofo wrote:NK-13J Denial Gundam. Designed by NAOKI.

I guess that's it for original designs in Try, unless someone from Academy gets an upgrade for the finals or some cameo like Sei appears using a new original design.
Let's hope Sei does have a brand new "Build [something named after some space thing]".
balofo wrote:Original Denial by 2nd Meijin

http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... image3.jpg
Do we see the whole thing in Amazing? How the hell did the machine end up in Junya's hands (hopefully we'll find out today)?

AmuroNT1

Dunno if it'll be the "Original Spec" or what; the description simply says that a variation of Denial is going to appear in Build Fighters A.

balofo

-Portent can repair during battles by using the Container on the Portent Flyer. Armaments: GN Smash Rifle and GN Pierce Sword
-MS-06R-WW-1 Zaku Managarmr, MS-06R-WW-2 Zaku Alvadi and MS-06R-WW-3 Zaku Kraken
Xenosynth

Hey Balofo, did it say what was up with the alternate wings and whatnot on the Portent Flyer? Are they just alternate equipment?
balofo

Xenosynth wrote:Hey Balofo, did it say what was up with the alternate wings and whatnot on the Portent Flyer? Are they just alternate equipment?
Oh yeah, here is the rest of the Portent Flyer info:
-The 4 wings control the particles allowing high speed flight.
-There 3 wings type: normal(the ones seen on lineart), wing type(feather like) and blade type(saw like)
-Weakness is that it hasn't a Solar Furnace so running time is limited
gunform1010

What is this RG Core thing mentioned this episode?

balofo

gunform1010 wrote:What is this RG Core thing mentioned this episode?
An asspull?
Mattro

When i looked at the RG core, Burning's heart looks like the same gem as Reiji's in BF.
gunform1010

balofo wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:What is this RG Core thing mentioned this episode?
An asspull?
Snark not appreciated. Besides, the actual asspull was the multiple holograms.
Mattro wrote:When i looked at the RG core, Burning's heart looks like the same gem as Reiji's in BF.
...no way. Unless Yajima Trading decided to make Plavsky Gems for whatever reason this can't be. Recall that Aila was given Sei's gem too.

Mattro

gunform1010 wrote:...no way. Unless Yajima Trading decided to make Plavsky Gems for whatever reason this can't be. Recall that Aila was given Sei's gem too.
I'm not saying its the same one, another gem of whatever Reiji's gem was made of. http://i.imgur.com/TyrNjcS.png

Since the Burning was for Reiji i could see Sei making the gem, for a wish to be granted yada yada the whole shtick, then Sekai will make a wish on it in the final battle and win.
balofo

Cathedral Gundam, 2nd Meijin made masterpiece. Uses Beam Rifle and Shield plus Striker equipment on the back. Later upgraded into Denial Gundam

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/a081fa4egw1 ... 0xc7e8.jpg
gunform1010

balofo wrote:Cathedral Gundam, 2nd Meijin made masterpiece. Uses Beam Rifle and Shield plus Striker equipment on the back. Later upgraded into Denial Gundam

Ironic name considering he's one of the "devils" of the GBF universe.

Still waiting to find out how it fell in Junya's hands.

balofo

gunform1010 wrote:
balofo wrote:Cathedral Gundam, 2nd Meijin made masterpiece. Uses Beam Rifle and Shield plus Striker equipment on the back. Later upgraded into Denial Gundam

Ironic name considering he's one of the "devils" of the GBF universe.

Still waiting to find out how it fell in Junya's hands.
The lower text also wonders how it made into Junya's hand. It went from all purpose to melee oriented gunpla, final touches done by Junya himself

Cathedral is most likely getting an official gunpla release, since all it needs are new shoulders, new waist armor, new knee armor and a new backpack