The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

balofo wrote:Ep 16:
-Neodo is actually Neodu, appears to have 6 head vulcans.
-Barara pilots the Bifron. It seems to have at least 4 arms holding Beam Daggers and some psych ability. Is it in a booster or something? This is the beginning of weird MS
-Towasanga shield is shown to have vulcans, at least there are 2 holes from where it was fired. Is it something added by the staff?

Here's some HQ Gaeon lineart

http://i.imgur.com/zmC8BBP.jpg
Man, the G-Aeon looks awesome.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Hum.. the latest gunpla CM for G-Reco implies Gundam G-Lucifer is an ally suit. Raraya's suit? That could explain why Cumpa wanted her captured
balofo

New MS!
-Bifron: given to the CA by the Dorette Fleet. Has dual Beam Gun, shield and 4 arms total.
-Gaitrash: new Dorette Fleet MS. Pilot is Rockpie, has Beam Manteau
-Kashiba Mikoshi: ship used to deliver Photon battery
-Unknown yellow MS: need better scan

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 0qywgu.jpg

Catshith is finally getting a kit in April, that means we get info on it.
Xenosynth

Would 'mantle' be possibly a better translation? It's using the same kana as the ABC Mantles from Crossbone (at least, Breaker 2 spells it out as マント).

Really digging the odd designs though, the yellow one at the bottom I'm really excited to see more of.
balofo

-The yellow MS is called Justima(ジャスティマ), G-Line MS from Venus Globe
-Gaeon belongs to the JIT group leader Kia Mubekki
-Bifron has the Beam Daggers stored on the back
-Zacks is shown using a custom beam sword in the PV
-Mack Knife's Plasma Claw is actually a punch covered with energy
Arsarcana

It's cut off but looking at the text we can see and the artwork, the Justima looks like it's got beam sabers connected directly to the Photon Battery via cable.

And hurray for more grunt gunpla.
Mattro

any talks of who the pilot of the G-Lucifer will be?
balofo

Mattro wrote:any talks of who the pilot of the G-Lucifer will be?
Latest CM pretty much says it's Raraya, since Aida seems to keep the Arcane.

-Yasuda just confirmed he didn't design the Bifron and the Gaitrash, funny since they look very Overman-ish to me.

Manual info incoming in 2 weeks for Elf Bullock and in 3 for Gaeon :)
Mattro

balofo wrote:Latest CM pretty much says it's Raraya
interesting, G-Lucifer looks rather villain for Raraiya. Very much looking forward to it in action, love the G-Lucifer.
balofo

Website updated with even more new MS!
-G-Lucifer is a state of the art G-Line MS.
-Gaitrash is specialized in offense and defense.
-Gaeon and Justima are equipped with high performance Photon Batteries. Justima is equipped with 2 powerful Beam Sabers directly connected to them, piloted by Chikara Dual.
-Jirodo: G-Line MA from the JIT Laboratory. Is equipped with wired arms called Bite Bits for all range attacks in space. Piloted by Kun Soon
-Rigid: MP MS from the JIT Laboratory produced in high numbers. Appears to have to Beam Sabers stored on the side waist.
-Kashiba Mikoshi: transports Batteries from Towasanga to Sankt Port. Is a object of worship to SU-Cordism
-Crescent Ship: huge transport ship that carries Batteries from Venus Globe to Towasanga. Is operated by the Hermes Foundation
-Full Moon Ship: JIT Laboratory's interplanetary transport ship that was prepared for Reconguista. Same shape as Crescent Ship

Jirodo was in that spoiler height poster in the Tomino interview BD. That means we're getting that other huge MA and all those unidentified MS

All the Venus Globe MS/MA are done by Ippei.
balofo

Assorted drafts and lineart from Ippei

http://i.imgur.com/mDfKidP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YF6u6qy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AGock2Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wqr5UvH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YXVwql1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TvvRUhV.jpg

-That circular thing on the Mack Knife legs are actually Beam Vulcan Turrets
-Ground type Catsith, has additional Head Vulcan magazines on the head and living quarters backpack
-Commander type Catsith has Beam Rifle with Beam Bayonet
Deathzealot

Nice! Hope we get more MSV like content like this in the weeks ahead. And Living Quarters Backpack. The hell?
balofo

Actually it's a Field Pack(野戦パック).
Deathzealot

So is it similar to the Backhome from the Out Frame Astray?
JTMC93

I am digging the Orbital Frame-Esque designs. They look futuristic yet close to MS to make sense.

Would love to see a better image of the Justima.
balofo

Some unused MS gimmicks:
-Armorzagan's palm mounted Plasma Stake
-Wuxia's leg mounted Beam Claw
Arsarcana

Every time I see an unused gimmick, I always hope they include it at some point, then I console myself with the thought that at least with Gundam, there's a good chance we'll see it in G Gen or SRW eventually. So far they've been pretty good with G-Reco and it's not over yet so fingers crossed.
JTMC93 wrote:Would love to see a better image of the Justima.
Behold, front and back courtesy of the official website. And on that topic, I'm wondering what different equipment it has in each shoulder, seeing how they're asymmetrical. If I were to speculate, the right shoulder reminds me of the scattering beam guns of suits like Pallas Athena and given the extra cowl and general look of the left I wouldn't be surprised if it had some sort of beam shield projector.
JTMC93

Uhm I think you are reversing the sides, but I agree with you on wondering what amazing gimmicks are hidden away. And thanks for the images.

I think the unused gimmicks might be akin to some of the gimmicks we see in older series where they aren't used in the series they are originally shown in but in a side-story, game, or such. Either because they were cut or forgotten about.

Hasn't it been stated somewhere that the Director forgot one of the main Mecha's primary gimmicks?
Gundamfagg

Arsarcana wrote:Every time I see an unused gimmick, I always hope they include it at some point, then I console myself with the thought that at least with Gundam, there's a good chance we'll see it in G Gen or SRW eventually. So far they've been pretty good with G-Reco and it's not over yet so fingers crossed.
JTMC93 wrote:Would love to see a better image of the Justima.
Behold, front and back courtesy of the official website. And on that topic, I'm wondering what different equipment it has in each shoulder, seeing how they're asymmetrical. If I were to speculate, the right shoulder reminds me of the scattering beam guns of suits like Pallas Athena and given the extra cowl and general look of the left I wouldn't be surprised if it had some sort of beam shield projector.
It is already stated that Justima is equipped with High performance Photon Batteries mounted on its shoulders which transfers the power straight to its 2 powerful beam sabers mounted on its back waist.
Arsarcana

Yes, we know that, it's mentioned several times only a few posts above yours and I was the first person to point that out in this topic. I was speculating on what other goodies it might have, since I doubt JIT decided to give it asymmetrical shoulders because they were bored.
JTMC93 wrote:Uhm I think you are reversing the sides, but I agree with you on wondering what amazing gimmicks are hidden away. And thanks for the images.
Nope, quite certain which is the right shoulder and which is the left. :D
Hasn't it been stated somewhere that the Director forgot one of the main Mecha's primary gimmicks?
I know they've mentioned several planned gimmicks that didn't make it out of the concept stage (like Amerian machines being designed to swap cockpits) and we've seen a few things that may or may not ultimately fall into that category by the time the series is over but I don't recall that offhand.