The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arsarcana

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

balofo wrote:OK, ep 11:
Forgot to mention from the recent talkshow: the MS that appear later are so weird they don't even look like MS and weren't designed with gunpla in consideration. They did show some silhouettes there
For some reason, endgame Xenogears just came to mind with the Pillars of Deus. Those were definitely in the 'so weird' category. Be interesting to see what crazy ideas they've got in store for us.
Forgot to mention the characters are going to switch MS a lot in the 2nd cour. Klim and Mask are pretty guaranteed to get more toys
Eventual G-Series for Klim? I think so.
Gaeon confirmed an an G-Line MS. Has 8 Big Arms with a Beam Saber in each, can deploy them in either defense or attack mode. No other weapons/gimmicks mentioned.
Is that the confirmed spelling? I wonder if they were going for G-Aeon (or Aion) or if that's just a coincidence, since I know it doesn't include the romaji G that the Self and Arcane have.

Anyhow, whatever it's called there's probably more gimmicks to it than just beam saber arms, though having the equivalent of eight sub-arms while still leaving your hands free is pretty impressive already.
balofo

Gaeon is listed as the gunpla's official name for now. Besides the Beam Rifle and the apparent Head Vulcans it also has a flash attack gimmick mentioned earlier.

I also think the Space Jahannam has 2x chest vulcans, manual will confirm.

Next week is the Space Pack, hopefully there's info on the manual for us
balofo

Space Pack manual:
-Model number: BPAM-02. Specs for pack only: H:12.2m, W:4.3t
-Produced by Ameria in the Caribbean Institute for the imminent space war as general purpose Booster for the G-Line MS
-Originally meant to be tested by the Arcane
-Core Fighter can extend operation range by combining with Packs
-Beam Rifle is an Ameria made general purpose weapon made for mass production. Since it has few parts, maintenance is easy
-Core Fighter is compact but also has high mobility despite the nose type due to the forward wings allowing it to be used in combat. RC technology such as Photon Battery, Air and Water Balls has been integrated.
-Core Fighter's Vulcans have minimum power and use burst ammo
-Space Pack has Happa's genius input allowing it to match even Dollet's Fleet MS
-Red Shield is Towasanga made, like the G-Self the hi-tech behind it is a mystery

Mack Knife info from Ippei:
-Designed as an ultralightweight MS that can fly on the atmosphere without transforming. Made for acrobatic combat
-Has Arm Thrusters, Leg Grenade Launchers, Wrist Beam Vulcans, and hand Plasm Claw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4lN1XhCAAA4vnO.jpg

**Towasanga 2 MS types and 2 ship types revealed!

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 2m67j8.jpg
Last edited by balofo on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

Ep.12 info:
-Hecate has a backpack addon for the Block Bits. PV shows the Plasma Scythe in action plus its Head Vulcans.
http://i.imgur.com/9RHzIKL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4K2lQzt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hIic8wu.jpg
-Photon Eye equipped on missiles or in the G-Self allow homing even under Minovsky interference
-Viper Viper exists. So Ameria has 6 different types of space ships total.
-Assault Pack as 2 Long Beam Cannons, 2 Medium ones and 2 4xTube Missile Launchers. More info only in April when the HG releases
-Salamandra has Missile Launchers
-Towasanga's MS. One has a Beam Rifle and one melee weapon on the hip the other carries a Bazooka. They don't seem to use the same frame.
-Mack Knife's Beam Sabers/Claws can extend as long the Elf series.

*Towasanga's MS names: rifle=Moran, bazooka=Elmoran
Calubin_175

Any connection to the Skull MS from Ring of Gundam?

The Towasanga MS by Ishigaki retains his design traits of the bug eyes and curved features from Zanscare MS. Okawara's Zolo was visually somewhat a successor to the Crossbone De'nan series and the G Generation games also reflected that in the blueprint combinations.

Designers did say the Space Jahanem was hybrid of the Geara Doga and Zanscare MS, which may even be the case in universe.
Gundamfagg

Mark-II wrote:Whither the beam shields? After 30+ years in UC service, has it been realized that nothing beats a good ol' slab of metal to defend yourself with? Perhaps all beam weapons in this era are VSBR / GBRD enabled such that anyone even bothering to defend with beam wouldn't stand a chance?

We've seen a statue of a Jamesgun (odd choice) but it does mean that this continuity is not ignoring that V-Gundam happened, so who knows... I tend to prefer traditional shields, but a beam shield and some of the other applications of the technology would have seemed useful by now. OTOH, who knows how much technology has been lost over the intervening centuries, or if indeed the producers have really thought about it. :)

Mark-II
Speaking of Nuclear technology being banned ever since the end of UC era, this greatly affects the process of technological advancement on earth, thus showing the absence of thermonuclear technology to manufacture ultra fusion compact reactor as core generator for MS and this proves the absence of a beam shield and other old technologies from UC era as well. But in G-Self's case, the presence of a sort of I-Field shield effect is activated as seen from episode 3. Furthermore, due to the usage of a new source of energy (Photon Batteries), the armor of those MS are mostly incorporated with Photon Frame instead of Gundarium Alloy.
Arsarcana

Gundamfagg wrote: Speaking of Nuclear technology being banned ever since the end of UC era, this greatly affects the process of technological advancement on earth, thus showing the absence of thermonuclear technology to manufacture ultra fusion compact reactor as core generator for MS and this proves the absence of a beam shield and other old technologies from UC era as well.
Sorry, not following you. We've seen suits do far crazier things in G Reco than anything managed in UC (at least, not involving the Biosensor or other Newtype oddities) and the Elf line's power source is described in the same terms as Turn A's so it's not like we've taken a step backwards technologically, in the grand scheme of things.

Also, Beam Shields are explicitly mentioned as still being a thing (Aida name-drops them in ep 6) and the initial sketches showed G-Self's red shield was going to be a Beam Shield... and they haven't entirely ruled out something like that popping up in the future even though the design has changed.
Gundamfagg

gunform1010 wrote:
balofo wrote:G-Self cockpit with 360 panoramic monitor

http://i.imgur.com/lpmmUvp.jpg
Where is that footage from?
from episode 1, most of the MS in the series contains 360 degree paranomic mornitor
Gundamfagg

Arsarcana wrote:
Gundamfagg wrote: Speaking of Nuclear technology being banned ever since the end of UC era, this greatly affects the process of technological advancement on earth, thus showing the absence of thermonuclear technology to manufacture ultra fusion compact reactor as core generator for MS and this proves the absence of a beam shield and other old technologies from UC era as well.
Sorry, not following you. We've seen suits do far crazier things in G Reco than anything managed in UC (at least, not involving the Biosensor or other Newtype oddities) and the Elf line's power source is described in the same terms as Turn A's so it's not like we've taken a step backwards technologically, in the grand scheme of things.

Also, Beam Shields are explicitly mentioned as still being a thing (Aida name-drops them in ep 6) and the initial sketches showed G-Self's red shield was going to be a Beam Shield... and they haven't entirely ruled out something like that popping up in the future even though the design has changed.
What I said from the first paragraph is actually stated by Tomino himself saying that ever since UC era ended, Nuclear energy were banned and affects the technological change of a whole new era. To think that most of the technological development of the UC era uses nuclear technology as its foundation. When we come to a new setting in G-Reco, in a whole new era utilizing new energies as an alternative such as the Photon Batteries. We get to see new stuff coming out from Photon Batteries. Firstly is the Photon Frame, best example of the photon frame is shown in the G-Self. The G-Self is capable of releasing excess photon energy. Which is possibly to trick in explaining why we see flash images, flash attacks, or even phase shift phenomenon.

One of this similar phenomenon can be seen in episode 3 is when Aida launched the G-Self, Bellri accidentally pressed a random button thus activating 'RAYHUNTON CODE' and photon frame-phase shift system activates. Guess what ability the G-Self gets this time?? the noob blue shield that G-Self's uses all the time suddenly gain an I-Field effect that could repel beam attacks from a beam rifle. LOL!!!! it happens only in Episode 3!!!! While the dents can be seen throughout other episodes.
To further know how and why G-Self is trolling using magic, we had to know more from the people who build this. The red shield comes from towasanga, everything in regards of the Hermes Foundation and the origins of G-Self still boils down to the survivors of UC era.

G-Arcane's manual,
1 'Ameria was unable to replicate the original Photon Frame armor color from the blueprints so it has that bootup mark on the forehead and mouth.' (This could be an explanation to why the G-Arcane seems inferior compared to the G-Self which was constructed from Towasanga)

2) 'Aida's unit is called Unit 1 and is being used in operational test. Since the Amerian was unable to replicate the original Photon Frame armor color from the blueprints.

- The absence of Gundarium Alloy. Gundarium alloy is much heavier than photon frame. Most MS of the RC era weight averagely 35-38 tons...

I based my comments according Tomino's and actual source. You can continue speculating yours there is no need for u to follow me either....

Your views on Elf line's power source is described in the same terms as Turn A's

- This has yet to be confirmed on whether the power source is eligeble to the Turn A's tho they had the same term.

- Elf series are equipped with Central Beam System. In the center of the MS there's a DEGENERACY REACTOR that allows beam convergence/scattering. It's possible to freely adjust the beam's output and when all beam cannons are fired in unison it's possible to create a Beam Net to defend against solid or beam enemy attacks. The external handheld rifle is very powerful because it allows over-concentration but not very stable, thus being abolished in the Elf Bullock.

- Turn A used a pair of "Discontinuous Hyperoscillation Gauge Collapsing Piles" (DHGCP-type Generators), which operate on a similar principle of containing artificial black holes, but are never called degeneracy reactors in-universe - Gundam Wiki.

- Mind you that the Turn A has 2 artificial black hole as its power source. So if the turn A's power source was defined as that, does that mean the same artificial black hole technology is also applied on the Elf line? No way?!!! Or the other way round where Degeneracy Reactor is defined differently??? Wow Artificial Black Hole man!!! Nice stuff u brought up :P
Eclipse36

Gundamfagg wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:

What I said from the first paragraph is actually stated by Tomino himself saying that ever since UC era ended, Nuclear energy were banned and affects the technological change of a whole new era. To think that most of the technological development of the UC era uses nuclear technology as its foundation. When we come to a new setting in G-Reco, in a whole new era utilizing new energies as an alternative such as the Photon Batteries. We get to see new stuff coming out from Photon Batteries. Firstly is the Photon Frame, best example of the photon frame is shown in the G-Self. The G-Self is capable of releasing excess photon energy. Which is possibly to trick in explaining why we see flash images, flash attacks, or even phase shift phenomenon.

One of this similar phenomenon can be seen in episode 3 is when Aida launched the G-Self, Bellri accidentally pressed a random button thus activating 'RAYHUNTON CODE' and photon frame-phase shift system activates. Guess what ability the G-Self gets this time?? the noob blue shield that G-Self's uses all the time suddenly gain an I-Field effect that could repel beam attacks from a beam rifle. LOL!!!! it happens only in Episode 3!!!! While the dents can be seen throughout other episodes.
To further know how and why G-Self is trolling using magic, we had to know more from the people who build this. The red shield comes from towasanga, everything in regards of the Hermes Foundation and the origins of G-Self still boils down to the survivors of UC era.

G-Arcane's manual,
1 'Ameria was unable to replicate the original Photon Frame armor color from the blueprints so it has that bootup mark on the forehead and mouth.' (This could be an explanation to why the G-Arcane seems inferior compared to the G-Self which was constructed from Towasanga)

2) 'Aida's unit is called Unit 1 and is being used in operational test. Since the Amerian was unable to replicate the original Photon Frame armor color from the blueprints.

- The absence of Gundarium Alloy. Gundarium alloy is much heavier than photon frame. Most MS of the RC era weight averagely 35-38 tons...

I based my comments according Tomino's and actual source. You can continue speculating yours there is no need for u to follow me either....

Your views on Elf line's power source is described in the same terms as Turn A's

- This has yet to be confirmed on whether the power source is eligeble to the Turn A's tho they had the same term.

- Elf series are equipped with Central Beam System. In the center of the MS there's a DEGENERACY REACTOR that allows beam convergence/scattering. It's possible to freely adjust the beam's output and when all beam cannons are fired in unison it's possible to create a Beam Net to defend against solid or beam enemy attacks. The external handheld rifle is very powerful because it allows over-concentration but not very stable, thus being abolished in the Elf Bullock.

- Turn A used a pair of "Discontinuous Hyperoscillation Gauge Collapsing Piles" (DHGCP-type Generators), which operate on a similar principle of containing artificial black holes, but are never called degeneracy reactors in-universe - Gundam Wiki.

- Mind you that the Turn A has 2 artificial black hole as its power source. So if the turn A's power source was defined as that, does that mean the same artificial black hole technology is also applied on the Elf line? No way?!!! Or the other way round where Degeneracy Reactor is defined differently??? Wow Artificial Black Hole man!!! Nice stuff u brought up :P

Well first off a good majority of the information you said was explained like 4 or 5 pages ago and second don't involve Turn A in this. Turn A was a spin off in the series. Besides the Correct Century was never mentioned to share ties with the RC era anyway so the only two eras that G-Reco deals with are the UC and RC era.
Gundamfagg

Arsarcana wrote:
Gundamfagg wrote:
Well first off a good majority of the information you said was explained like 4 or 5 pages ago and second don't involve Turn A in this. Turn A was a spin off in the series. Besides the Correct Century was never mentioned to share ties with the RC era anyway so the only two eras that G-Reco deals with are the UC and RC era.
[/quote]

1)LOL its u who related ELF lines with Turn A sharing similar stuff. So i prove it to u and now u tell me to not bring in Turn A as an issue. What A Joke??!

2) If my details and info happen to be the same with those of the discussions before as u said, then u should been able to understand instead of questioning rite?

3) Btw, this is something that came from the director's mouth in the magazine article. Its up to u whether u believe in Tomino's own words or not. Source of this link, its pretty straight btw.

( http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/dac071c3tw1 ... 29gkjl.jpg )
Eclipse36

Gundamfagg wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:
Gundamfagg wrote:
1)LOL its u who related ELF lines with Turn A sharing similar stuff. So i prove it to u and now u tell me to not bring in Turn A as an issue. What A Joke??!

2) If my details and info happen to be the same with those of the discussions before as u said, then u should been able to understand instead of questioning rite?

3) Btw, this is something that came from the director's mouth in the magazine article. Its up to u whether u believe in Tomino's own words or not. Source of this link, its pretty straight btw.

( http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/dac071c3tw1 ... 29gkjl.jpg )[/quote]

The person you mentioned asking questions was a different guy you idiot.lmao
balofo

GMDX31:
-There's no relation between Catshith and Elfbull, development wise. They just get the blueprints and build the respective MS
-The Intercontinental War had the purpose of leaking blueprints so humanity would break the taboo
Calubin_175

Sounds like Turn A Gundam how they just excavate things instead of leveraging on their existing designs.

But then, how about the similarity in head designs between the mass production Elf Brook and the Catsith?
Gundamfagg

Gundamfagg wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:
Gundamfagg wrote:

( http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/dac071c3tw1 ... 29gkjl.jpg )[/quote]

The person you mentioned asking questions was a different guy you idiot.lmao[/quote]

LOL BUT U QUOTED MY WHOLE DAMN WRITTEN EVIDENCE???????? DID U JUST QUOTE THE WRONG PERSON FROM THE PREVIOUS POST??? LMFAO....LOOK AT UR OWN WRITTEN POST AND GET UR FACTS RIGHT. YOU QUOTE MY STUFF AND I QUOTE YOURS, NTG WRONG IDIOT :p
balofo

Space Jahannam manual info:
-Model Number: MSAM-034. H: 17.5m, W: 43.1t
-Based on the core design of the Jahannam.
-It's a machine that has a high degree of completion due to the feedback from 3rd generation machines like the Montero.
-Beam Rifle: MP model, easy to make due to reducing the moving parts needed for a Beam Rifle. Has high accuracy and power for space warfare
-Shield: joint has wide range of movement. Laminated structure enhances its durability.
-Beam Axe: High pressure particle emission allows high cutting power. Beam Pressure ability is higher than a Beam Saber's.
-Shoulder Vulcans: Uses burst ammo.

Dollet Fleet Info:
-Starfleet lead by Nouto? Dollet who comes from a prestigious Towasanga family.
-Flagship is Guinea Bissau, cruise ship is called Knossos. MS are Moran and Elmoran.
-Backed by Towasanaga's superior industrial and technology capability it can suppress the entire planet by itself.

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig29/10295091k2.jpg >>>ship lineart
Calubin_175

So we can assume land Jahanem as 2nd generation then. First generation may refer to civilian use MS like the Recksnow/Recten.

I think anything 3rd generation and above must have broken the taboo.
Deathzealot

Hmmm the Space Jahannam model number is one less then the G-Arcane. Also I wonder with the other mobile suits like the Recksnow and Grimoire able to be used in space then do the two(?) regular Jahannam the Megafauna has be able to be used in space as well.
balofo

Rockpie's Moran differences from standard model
-Forehead crest and colors
-2 additional back thrusters
-Scope on the Beam Rifle
-Melee weapon on the skirt which is the same carried by the Elmorans. Some standard Morans are also seen carrying the same weapon

I believe we''re gonna see official lineart for the Towasanga faction in magazine leaks next week before the official update
Calubin_175

Rockpie, what a funny name as expected from Tomino. Even his mannerisms is similar to those blond aristocratic villains from 70s mecha.

If the Amerian space fleet has around 7 ships, I think they should have another one in reserved on Earth, while the Capital has no ships except for the one loaned from Godwan. Towasanga should have at least 3-5 fleets.