The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Mecha Thread Mk I

Ippei designed on his own but didn't make it to the anime:
-Cahil's Enhanced Grimoire with custom shield(There was a small pic of this from the expo)
-Catsith commander type
-Catsith ground type

May become MSV later?

Also Catshith's hands are in that color because hand signs are important when there's Minovsky interference :)
Calubin_175

Reconguista probably has the best depiction of SFS. I like how it is a subflight system for long distance travel for flight capable MS, rather than being the only source of flight the passenger MS. The Catsith and the Byarlant are the only two MS in UC-verse I could think of doing that. I also like the fact that the Catsith could hide under the F-Rug and the Grimiore could grip onto an underside handle of the Raydoll.

The thing that I find surprising is the aerial capability of the Grimoire. It appears that the thrust output has increased since UC and even units without flight packs could stay in the mid air for a substantial amount of time. However, we have seen lengthy free falling battles in Zeta Gundam already, especially in New Translation.

The ideal of the G-Self atmospheric pack and the Catsith wing pack is definitely a way to incorporate CE-verse flight laws into UC verse. But the fact that both independent flight and sub flight tools are used is quite appealing.
Arsarcana

As an aside, Bellri specifically calls what the G-Self does Minovsky Flight, a nice little callback to V Gundam. So it's less CE-esque flight mechanics and more putting a new face on a technology we've already seen in UC. Wonder if we're going to see the Minovsky Drive make a return as well? The Assault Pack's oversized beam saber certainly sounds like it could have been derived from that technology.
Mark-II

Whither the beam shields? After 30+ years in UC service, has it been realized that nothing beats a good ol' slab of metal to defend yourself with? Perhaps all beam weapons in this era are VSBR / GBRD enabled such that anyone even bothering to defend with beam wouldn't stand a chance?

We've seen a statue of a Jamesgun (odd choice) but it does mean that this continuity is not ignoring that V-Gundam happened, so who knows... I tend to prefer traditional shields, but a beam shield and some of the other applications of the technology would have seemed useful by now. OTOH, who knows how much technology has been lost over the intervening centuries, or if indeed the producers have really thought about it. :)

Mark-II
latenlazy

Mark-II wrote:Whither the beam shields? After 30+ years in UC service, has it been realized that nothing beats a good ol' slab of metal to defend yourself with? Perhaps all beam weapons in this era are VSBR / GBRD enabled such that anyone even bothering to defend with beam wouldn't stand a chance?

We've seen a statue of a Jamesgun (odd choice) but it does mean that this continuity is not ignoring that V-Gundam happened, so who knows... I tend to prefer traditional shields, but a beam shield and some of the other applications of the technology would have seemed useful by now. OTOH, who knows how much technology has been lost over the intervening centuries, or if indeed the producers have really thought about it. :)

Mark-II
I think it's implied that the lack of beam shields can be explained as combination of loss of technology and perhaps new technologies that are sufficient (spinning javelins anyone?). On the other hand, the G-Self seems to have an entire protective barrier (Cahill's Grimoire trying to punch it down), that might have offensive capabilities too (when Bellri is surrounded by the Catsiths)?
balofo

http://i.imgur.com/r4fHuqc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Eu7ViYj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7VVQvIS.jpg

▽ G-Self Reflector Pack

Based on the "Rose of Hermes blueprint", new weapon that has been built in the Amelia's Caribbean Marine Research Institute. It can reflect, absorb and disable beam enemy weapons.

▽ G-Self Tricky Pack

Backpack that has been built for Amelia's G-Line MS. It has been produced in order to research possibilities of disrupting attacks effectively in the battlefield (disturbance). If handled properly, it is possible to deceive by various uses of the I-Field and affect the enemy's electronic equipment.

▽ Armorzagan

New transformable MA of the Amelia's Army. Large MA that was built in Amelia, it is a test machine, but it is introduced into the battlefield as a field test.

*Elf Bullock was built by breaking the taboo to defeat the Montero
Arsarcana

So, visually the Reflector Pack is sort of a cross between Gundam X and Aumaan Anubis? Actually, I'm kicking myself for not even realizing that was in the OP, I assumed it was some weird ability like we've seen in Eps 2 and 4 that wasn't backpack-based.
Mark-II wrote:Whither the beam shields? After 30+ years in UC service, has it been realized that nothing beats a good ol' slab of metal to defend yourself with? Perhaps all beam weapons in this era are VSBR / GBRD enabled such that anyone even bothering to defend with beam wouldn't stand a chance?
Supposedly, the red shield the G-Self uses has beam shield technology. Or at least, the initial concept art mentions that function, the finalized design may or may not have it.
Calubin_175

Come to think of it, that firepower oriented backpack resembles the vector cannon from ZOE, as well as the GN Armor.
balofo

Grimoire specs:
-Model number: GH-001
-W:35.2t H:16.5m
-Weapons: Head Vulcan and Wire Hook, besides the known stuff.

Manual does seem to have some interesting info but the scan I have is really bad, gonna wait for a better scan
balofo

-Grimoire is Jahanaam based, has more than usual Photon Batteries hence the need for Photon Radiator gimmick when the head opens as the the drive system is still experimental.
-G-Arcane Radiator is on the pigtail, Montero's on the chest duct

Manual info:
-Submachine Gun can fire beams by just exchanging the magazine type.
-Grimoire was produce to evaluate performance as a disguised Pirate's MS, later it'll be adopted by the regular Amerian Army.
-Shield has emergency use thrusters.
-Wire Hook is rocket propelled and the high voltage current can damage MS
-Retcon: manual says the head vulcan number depends on the unit

*G-Self's Core Fighter wasn't originally armed in the Yasuda original design, but they went on and added underside nose Vulcans in the animation :)

-Elf Bull can transform and use the booster. Carries 1 handheld weapon in each arm
-The fins on the Megafauna are Minovsky Flight not Craft
-Grimoires seen firing green beams from SMG
-Ladle SFS has additional booster for space missions
-Elf Bullock has indeed small beam cannons all over its body, beam diffusion/strength can vary
-Mick Jack calls the Ladle a Doubey Type and she rides another new kind of SFS. That line didn't make sense since it implies the Pirates use CA's F-Rugs...
-Supply Ship is called Azumacchi
-Fry Schops 2x 4 Missile Launchers on the front

*The beam wire was shown to be the same as the original design version, though we still haven't seem the triangles deactivated

http://i.imgur.com/R0y5zXH.jpg
Mark-II

How about a fluid discussion about the physics of the "water balls" seen this week? How does ANY of what we saw make sense in the context of the show?

I was admittedly buffaloed by this technology, and that apparently whatever it is wasn't really seen as out of place at least by the pirate engineer (though its application in combat was apparently a surprise). It's certainly not a familiar element in typical Gundam physics, that's for sure... Thoughts?

Mark-II
balofo

Ok, finally definite info on the SFS(pics):

http://i.imgur.com/9HSLScw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TTUUbV2.jpg

-Ladle is actually a Pirate SFS along Fry-Schop. Has the Ladle even appeared yet? Maybe ep2...
-So we have 2 unnamed SFS: the larger one for CA and the one Hecate was riding for Ameria

*Also lineart for orange/white Recten and Space Jahanaams

http://i.imgur.com/2RDvR07.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VR2EWJC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e2AlaAY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M6ktJBa.jpg
Calubin_175

In episode 3 when Klim Nick fired the vulcans against Tellessen's Catsith, and complained that a close range weapon was being used, was he referring to his own machine? If that's the case does that mean the MS has some form of automated response system?

Didn't know how different the land and space Jahanem's were until the lineart was released.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:In episode 3 when Klim Nick fired the vulcans against Tellessen's Catsith, and complained that a close range weapon was being used, was he referring to his own machine? If that's the case does that mean the MS has some form of automated response system?

Didn't know how different the land and space Jahanem's were until the lineart was released.
Yeah that got me thinking as well, I think he's criticizing himself for using the vulcans for medium range, being a genius pilot and all :D
Deathzealot

Was it me or the Orange Recten in the First Episode had two pilot seats? Also the Recten is supposed to be a Non-Combat Machine if I read it right but there are a few Guarding the Ball later in Episode Two alongside Caitsiths.
balofo

Official twitter just posted all the SFS with names and affiliation:

http://img16.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 36_000.jpg

-Ameria: Fry-Schop, Ladle and Belay?(ビレイ)
-CA: Single F-Rug, Doubey

That clears it.
Arsarcana

Just watched 5, was hoping for Hecate action but I guess that will have to wait. Looks like we're seeing the Reflector Pack in 6, which seems like a smart choice if the Elf Bull works like the Elf Bullock armament-wise. It looks to have a few less emitters but that's still a lot of beam weaponry to contend with.

Also, the Beam Javelins just keep getting crazier. First you have the beam wire that slices and dices, then you have beam saber mode and using the combined weapon as a shield, now they have rocket thrusters to serve as impromptu missiles. And Bellri does the Turn A trick to turn his beam sabers into shields as well.
balofo

New Mask MS! Appears to be a custom Elf Bullock

http://i.imgur.com/qoL6ej2.jpg
Deathzealot

So anyone know if we are going to get any other ships besides the Megafauna and the Crowns? I know its still early, but still. Also I noticed something its only the Ameria designed and built Machines that have those weird circular torso sections. The CA have normal looking torsos. Also I wonder we have seen mobile suits from Ameria and the CA but I wonder what the other Nation's Machines will look like.
Arsarcana

They mentioned that at one point they planned for the Ameria/Pirate suits to be able to swap frames but abandoned that idea. The shared torso design remains and it generally makes sense, one less thing to redesign each time you build a new machine.

They also mentioned that they haven't finalized the designs for MS/ships appearing in the second half of the series. It's not terribly surprising we haven't seen any other ship designs yet, especially given the extremely limited role space has played in the series so far.