The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

Xenosynth wrote:Dat Bawoo Pilot. One of my favorite new grunts.

I have to wonder if the Jagd Doga was meant to show off a tech shift, because its funnels/beam gatling were VERY ineffective against the Jegan there.
Bawoo has 2 pilots and the Jadg Doga was very effective with only 2 funnels :)
Xenosynth

I guess you have a bit of a point. Though that beam gatling did very little to the Jegan's shield.

I always thought the Nutter was computer controlled? Is that a new feature for the Sleeves one/Rebawoo?

Edit: Oh wait, that wasn't a beam gatling, just the Rezin Geara Doga rifle.
balofo

Xenosynth wrote:I guess you have a bit of a point. Though that beam gatling did very little to the Jegan's shield.

I always thought the Nutter was computer controlled? Is that a new feature for the Sleeves one/Rebawoo?

Edit: Oh wait, that wasn't a beam gatling, just the Rezin Geara Doga rifle.
Yeah you can even see the new cockpit on the Nutter, wondering why this beauty didn't get an official profile.

I still believe there's another awesome surprise MS along the lines of Doven Wolf, MP Nu, ReGZ Custom.
Xenosynth

Yeah, though I'm already surprised by the amount of MS they've managed to put in. And upon rewatch, I can see what you are talking about. 2 Man Bawoo is Gooooooo!

I wish I could get the trailer to be above just standard quality but it doesn't seem to have HD options ~_~ Makes it a bit hard to identify certain things.

Everything MS wise in the preview was pretty cool (The stripped down Proto Stark Jegan, all the cool Sleeves MS, the Jegans on Earth, etc.). I'm really hoping like you said there'd be more surprises though, because the episode has another 83 minutes of runtime >.>
Rawinder

Xenosynth wrote:(The stripped down Proto Stark Jegan
Is that the one being attacked by the Jagd Doga's funnels?

I guess I always I assumed the Stark Jegans were destroyed at Palau since they weren't seen again in ep. 3 or the hangers in ep. 6, but I suppose they're still alive and well here (just without the extra payloads)?
Zeis

Interesting how all the Nahel Argama-allied Geara Zulus are the fancier Guard types. I wonder if Angelo's lackeys decided to switch sides?
Kratos

ECOAS subdued the Guard members with extreme prejudice during the Engine Room Hostage Rescue, so that also maybe how they were procured.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Xenosynth

Yeah, I believe ONLY Angelo and Frontal actually escaped the Nahel Argama at that time. Everyone else was otherwise killed, subdued, or surrendered.
Calubin_175

I am surprised that they could even find a Cyber Newtype to pilot the Jagd Doga, I guess it will be detailed in one of the manga side stories.

The EWAC Jegan still needs to appear while the Barzam just got shoved as a Robot Damashii release.
BrentD15

Calubin_175 wrote:I am surprised that they could even find a Cyber Newtype to pilot the Jagd Doga, I guess it will be detailed in one of the manga side stories.
I wonder if it's...
Spoiler
Puru 13. :wink:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Ferrus_Manus

It seems that the Sleeves added Vulcan Guns to the Bawoo.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
yazi88

I guess the Nahel Argama had more Jegans than I thought compared to what we saw from episode 6. As usual the ReZels usually tend to the first ones shafted but it can't be helped considering Londo Bell is seriously outnumbered and outgunned. I hope at least one of these Stark Jegans survive...
Rawinder

yazi88 wrote:I guess the Nahel Argama had more Jegans than I thought compared to what we saw from episode 6.
That's what I had thought too, but thinking on it, the numbers still seem to work out. It's just that the Starks from ep. 3 resemble regular Jegans now, without their shoulder missile payloads anymore.
balofo

Were the Jadg Doga's Funnels always recoverable? I thought only the Sazabi with the special racks could recharge them
Heaven Piercing Man

I think they were recoverable but not rechargeable in battle, so if Quess' Jagd Doga still had 2 working, non-depleted funnels before getting shelved during CCA, it works
balofo

At least one good thing may come from a potential HGUC Gallus J now with the HGUC Schuzrum Gallus: we may finally get solid info if the Gallus is supoosed to have Beam Saber as standard equipment and definite info on the Energy Gun.
Calubin_175

I still don't know the difference between the two Geara Doga rifles. Both have two barrels for machine gun mode and also the option of a normal rifle mode. The commander type description does specify that the normal rifle mode does have higher output and there is a sensor.

MG manual of Geara Doga didn't mention the Marasai and says that the original source machine must have been completed late UC 0080s and the remnants of Haman's group must have provided it to Char.

The Geara Zulu shares some frame parts and control systems with the Doga.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:I still don't know the difference between the two Geara Doga rifles. Both have two barrels for machine gun mode and also the option of a normal rifle mode. The commander type description does specify that the normal rifle mode does have higher output and there is a sensor.

MG manual of Geara Doga didn't mention the Marasai and says that the original source machine must have been completed late UC 0080s and the remnants of Haman's group must have provided it to Char.

The Geara Zulu shares some frame parts and control systems with the Doga.
From the old manual : The team leader version has higher output and longer range. It doesn't seem to have the two extra rapid-fire barrels, though.

Oh and the Mega Beam Launcher the FA Unicorn uses in Maxi Boost is just the ReZEL's one.
Gelgoog Jager

Gallus J weapon: IIRC, someone pointed out that in an old scan the weapon was actually referred to as beam magnum.

Geara Doga: the one used by Rezin's unit suppsoedly is said to be able to mount a heat bayonet (instead of a grenade launcher), which AFAIK, has never been shown or depicted anywhere.

Geara Doga's origin: is said to be a design from the first Neo Zeon, which personally I believe was the design that lost against the Dooben Wolf, instead of the Zaku III, the later which has plenty of evidence indciating that it was developed and deployed early during the first Neo Zeon conflict, alongside the Dreissen, and not late in the war as the Dooben Wolf.

I'm also disappointed that it looks like the AMX-011 Zaku III is going to be the lone mass production type MS from the first Neo Zeon not included in any way in the Unicorn OVAs, manga, etc., at least so far.
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Gallus J weapon: IIRC, someone pointed out that in an old scan the weapon was actually referred to as beam magnum.

Geara Doga: the one used by Rezin's unit suppsoedly is said to be able to mount a heat bayonet (instead of a grenade launcher), which AFAIK, has never been shown or depicted anywhere.

Geara Doga's origin: is said to be a design from the first Neo Zeon, which personally I believe was the design that lost against the Dooben Wolf, instead of the Zaku III, the later which has plenty of evidence indciating that it was developed and deployed early during the first Neo Zeon conflict, alongside the Dreissen, and not late in the war as the Dooben Wolf.

I'm also disappointed that it looks like the AMX-011 Zaku III is going to be the lone mass production type MS from the first Neo Zeon not included in any way in the Unicorn OVAs, manga, etc., at least so far.
Gallus J: I brought this to attention here, the Energy Gun functions like the Beam Magnum by discharging the e-pacs after they are spent.

Geara Doga: the bayonet isn't mentioned anywhere but here on mahq, I've already pointed out the Robot Damashii Gyunei Jadg can mount its beam saber/heat knife combo on the beam rifle as a bayonet.

Geara Doga origin: indeed its a design from Haman's time but the Doven competed against the Zaku III

Zaku III: it appears in the Byalant pilots manga as a leader of a branching Zeon Remnants faction after the Torrington base attack. It's defeated by the Efreet Scheneid.