The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The Jagd Dogas didn't have psychoframes. The closest they got was in Beltorchika's Children, where the Psyco Doga (the Jagd's stand-in in that story) had one, and Char willingly let it get shot down so Londo Bell could recover it and put the frame in the Nu Gundam so he and Amuro would be fighting on equal ground.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:The Jagd Dogas didn't have psychoframes. The closest they got was in Beltorchika's Children, where the Psyco Doga (the Jagd's stand-in in that story) had one, and Char willingly let it get shot down so Londo Bell could recover it and put the frame in the Nu Gundam so he and Amuro would be fighting on equal ground.
A mobile suit for Newtypes and Cyber-Newtypes, used by the reborn Neo Zeon forces. It boasts high fighting strength thanks to the installation of a psycho-frame and a high-output generator. In this unit used by the Sleeves, one arm, lost in a previous battle, has been replaced with that of a Geara Doga which uses the same frame.
Zgok

balofo wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote:The Jagd Dogas didn't have psychoframes. The closest they got was in Beltorchika's Children, where the Psyco Doga (the Jagd's stand-in in that story) had one, and Char willingly let it get shot down so Londo Bell could recover it and put the frame in the Nu Gundam so he and Amuro would be fighting on equal ground.
A mobile suit for Newtypes and Cyber-Newtypes, used by the reborn Neo Zeon forces. It boasts high fighting strength thanks to the installation of a psycho-frame and a high-output generator. In this unit used by the Sleeves, one arm, lost in a previous battle, has been replaced with that of a Geara Doga which uses the same frame.
Strange. So it seems that the Sleeves restored Jagd Doga had a psychoframe added to it. Also I do not know how to report errors, but the Jagd Doga's profile is incorrectly referring to the Geara Doga as the AMS-129 and it links to the Geara Zulu's profile. This occurs in the part describing the Jagd Doga restored by the Sleeves. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca/msn-03.htm
toysdream

HG-UC kit manual also says the Jagd Doga has a psycho-frame. So this seems to be the current consensus.

-- Mark
balofo

Can't wait for the Neo Zeong manual explaining how it was built, Psyco Shard OPness, tentacle rape, and if those structures inside the shoulder armor are weapons that weren't ready in time(some look like missile containers).
AmuroNT1

Is that a retcon then? I don't remember any of the old info saying they had psychoframes, but my memory's always been kinda bad.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Zgok

toysdream wrote:HG-UC kit manual also says the Jagd Doga has a psycho-frame. So this seems to be the current consensus.

-- Mark
Thank you for clarifying.
Calubin_175

There is a mystery surrounding the Doven Wolf's hidden arms' ability to hold things after launching out the beam hands(main forearms) wire-lessly.

Episode 45 probably had an animation error as even though Rakan had launched both beam hands to harass the the two Gazus, it shows him holding the beam launcher with its regular forearm, not his hidden arms.

The HGUC kit only had the hidden arms capable of wielding beam sabers as they're too short to hold the beam rifle while docked into its abdomen. The manual text substantiates that the hidden arms only have an auxiliary role of such.
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:Is that a retcon then? I don't remember any of the old info saying they had psychoframes, but my memory's always been kinda bad.
No.
Quess's Jagd Doga was refitted with a Psycoframe after the Second Neo Zeon War.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

Calubin: The manual shows that the Doven Wolf also has beam emitters in the palms, which can apparently function as an anti-MS stungun; besides that, the hidden hands are only found on commander units.

BrentD15: The manuals for both Gyunei and Quess' Jagd Dogas say they have psychoframes, and these kits were made almost seven years ago, before Unicorn was even being animated.

BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:BrentD15: The manuals for both Gyunei and Quess' Jagd Dogas say they have psychoframes, and these kits were made almost seven years ago, before Unicorn was even being animated.
Well, paint me green and call me a Zeek.

Also, does the Gyunei unit have Vulcan Guns listed? I know for a fact that they were animated.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:No vulcans listed.

http://dalong.net/review/hg/h83/p/h83_mb0001.JPG
That's a dang shame, considering they could easily fit into those eagle eyes.
balofo

Do you guys think we're getting any new UC-MSV from Bande Dessine? Right now it's in the middle of OVA 5.

Aside from 1 or 2 cameos in the final grunt battle I'm not very hopeful.
Zgok

Does anyone know what the holes/slits at the top of the missile pods on the Zssa Booster are for? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kc9P8MjDrn8/U ... 4147c0.jpg Does the "actual" Zssa have them? Could this suggest possible attachment points for the Schuzrum Galluss?
BrentD15

Zgok wrote:Does anyone know what the holes/slits at the top of the missile pods on the Zssa Booster are for? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kc9P8MjDrn8/U ... 4147c0.jpg Does the "actual" Zssa have them? Could this suggest possible attachment points for the Schuzrum Galluss?
I honestly thought they were for
Spoiler
more missle pods! :mrgreen:
Zgok

[/quote]
I honestly thought they were for
Spoiler
[/quote]
Hahaha even more of them?! Just imagine how that poor Zssa would look like.
BrentD15

Zgok wrote:
BrentD15 wrote: I honestly thought they were for
Spoiler
Hahaha even more of them?! Just imagine how that poor Zssa would look like.
Poor thing would barely be able to move. :lol:
AmuroNT1

Reminds me of the bit from SD Gundam where the missile pods are so heavy that they make the poor Zssa faceplant...and then one of the missiles slips out and detonates.

Gelgoog Jager

Regarding the psycho frames, with the exception of the RX-0 series, I thought its implementation was limited to the cockpits. This would seem consistent with how the during episodes 1 through 4 the chest of the other psycho units glows when the Unicorn is in Destroy Mode. Particularly, it becomes quite evident after the Unicorn rips apart the NZ-666's chest armor at Palau, exposing the cockpit, which is clearly shown as the only section glowing.

The golden ring of the Neo Zeong does look like it could be made of psycho frame though (more like psycho crystals).

Anyway, I had hoped that if an Endra appeared in this episode it would finally confirm that they did had mega particle cannons inside its yellow hatches, just like the Argama. By U.C. 0096 we could have even expected some ships to have upgraded some of these into hyper mega particle cannons.

Another lost opportunity was not showing a Gaza-E performing the same role as the Rezel as a SFS for other MS. That being said, the Gaza-C, Gaza-D, Ga-Zowmn and Zssa all seemed like units that could carry another one, effectively acting as a SFS.

The blue beam of the Gaza-D and Ga-Zowmn's knuckle buster and hyper knuckle buster respectively made them look unique, but they still weren't any more effective than a regular beam. This weapon usually agve me the impression that it fired slowly but was suppsoed to have higher output, yet in the animation only the first part seems true, with the beam being as easily blockable as any other beam.