The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

balofo wrote:Geara Doga: the bayonet isn't mentioned anywhere but here on mahq, I've already pointed out the Robot Damashii Gyunei Jadg can mount its beam saber/heat knife combo on the beam rifle as a bayonet.

Geara Doga origin: indeed its a design from Haman's time but the Doven competed against the Zaku III

Zaku III: it appears in the Byalant pilots manga as a leader of a branching Zeon Remnants faction after the Torrington base attack. It's defeated by the Efreet Scheneid.
Yes, I'm aware Gyunei's Jagd Doga uses a unique beam machiengun with a heat bayonet, but even Mahq's profile indicates that the other beam machinegun of the Geara Doga uses a heat bayonet:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca/ams-119.htm

Optional hand armaments: beam machine gun, powered by replaceable e-pac, with attached heat bayonet, 2 spare e-pacs stored on hip armor; beam machine gun, powered by replaceable e-pac, 2 spare e-pacs stored on hip armor, with optional attached grenade launcher, 1 round; 4 x sturm faust, rocket-propelled warhead, stored in shield, hand-operated or can be launched from shield

Regarding the Zaku III, we have confirmed that some units were part of the Earth Invasion force and were available as early as the capture of Dakar, seen guarding the gate of the building where Minverva's parade is heading to.

Furthermore, in another thread, Calubin translated part of an old manual which seems to indicate that the Zaku III was developed alongside the Dreissen, as general purpose units whose development requirements were minimal (supposedly because they were heavily based on their OYW predecessors).

posting.php?mode=quote&f=17&p=324920
Calubin_175 wrote:I just have the time to translate the Dreissen main profile text, the HGUC ver did paraphrase some of it, same goes for the GPF Neo Zeon Development article.

Gundam ZZ Background Information 16

Neo Zeon's General Purpose Mobile Suit Development
The Dreissen was the first Neo Zeon general purpose mass production MS. They were behind to this extend in the development of general purpose MS due to their lack of resources, hence they aimed at completing an MS with minimal requirements and prioritised their combat usage to be limited by terrain. They have trialed various general purpose MS, in which the candidate MS were evaluated against the following standard: Surpass Federation/AEUG MS in general performance, while not being inferior in terms of mass productivity and usability. As a result, the Dreissen and Zaku III were considered in favour of the Hamma Hamma, R Jaja and Bawoo.

While both the Dreissen and Zaku III were the successors of their One Year War counterparts, they were implemented with a new design concept, which became machines with stable performance. Neo Zeon engineers disdained the Hizack and the Rick Dias designs, and Haman was focused on the development of the two said Neo Zeon machines.

AMX-009 Dreissen
Though it bears heavy weighting on melee combat, it is a machine that excels in total balance, possessing firepower, durability and mobility worthy of a general purpose machine. Its armaments consist primarily of the melee weapons Beam Tomahawk, lancer and tri blade, and its arms are freed up by having internalised beam cannons.

The Dreissen made its debut around the same time when Mashymar occupied Shangri-la, during Rakan's occupation of the Arcadia Colony, where Rakan, in a prototype Dreissen, destroyed 4 of AEUG's Nemos.

I did just realise this fact recently through the GPF 21 article on Neo Zeon MS Development. While there are no contradictions, it did describe the knight use mobile suits as purpose specific rather than general purpose.
Finally, why did the pilot of the Efreet Schneid fought the Zaku III pilot?
toysdream

If somebody's questioning the accuracy of the MAHQ profile, it's not really useful to defend it by citing the MAHQ profile. :-)

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any substantial evidence for the existence of this mythical bayonet-equipped rifle.

As for the standard Geara Doga beam machine gun, there seems to be some confusion as to how many barrels it actually has and what they do. The old 1/144 kit manual said it had one regular barrel, plus two rapid-fire barrels; the recent MG kit manual claims that the top opening is a sensor and only the lower two are actual gun barrels. According to the HG-UC kit manual, there are two barrels which can either function as a normal beam rifle or fire rapid-fire pellets like a machine gun. The commander version, of course, has a single barrel which can be used in both modes, and has higher output and longer range.

Perhaps careful examination of the animation could clarify this for us...

Incidentally, the Sazabi's beam shot rifle is supposed to have two specialized muzzles, one that fires normal beams and another that fires shotgun-style blasts. So the idea that the Geara Doga's rifle has specialized muzzles, as per the old 1/144 kit manual, doesn't seem too farfetched.

-- Mark
balofo

-Since I've seen just the raw and couldn't read the text it seems after Torrington the Zeon Remnants survivors and the Zee Zulus pilots went back to the hideout and there was infighting and then later they were attacked by the Zaku III faction. Eventually both Byalant Customs units(II with the Gaplant booster) arrived and destroyed the rest ofZaku III faction. Raws are available in Gundam Ace editions floating around the net if you're interested.

-Beam machinegun: I believe the top sensor and 2 muzzles version as per the pic above says. UC OVA 3 has the Dogas firing beam pellets from the sensor, a glaring mistake. For the lulz the same pic points the Sazabi muzzles incorrectly. Mark should have the original lineart with the designer notes not erased, MS 2013 Catalog has the arrows but the text is erased...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... /MS-16.jpg

-Heat Bayonet: it doesn't exist unless someone proves, so let's forget about it and have someone delete the mention from the mahq profile.

-Rezin's type Beam Machinegun: if the top is a sensor, middle is muzzle then what is the bottom one? It seems like another sensor but I've never seen it specified anywhere

Unrelated but I saw on 2chan that the R-Jarja and the Gallus J share the same frame, interesting...
Gelgoog Jager

toysdream wrote:If somebody's questioning the accuracy of the MAHQ profile, it's not really useful to defend it by citing the MAHQ profile. :-)
I was merely pointing out an example of a mention of the heat bayonet, and previously I ahd said that I had never seen a depcition of it which could back up its supposed existance :?

By the way Mark, can you give us your two cents on this whole mess regarding the competitor of the Dooben Wolf?

Edit:
balofo wrote:Unrelated but I saw on 2chan that the R-Jarja and the Gallus J share the same frame, interesting...
Well, at the very least the legs of the R-Jarja and Schuzrum Gallus do seem to share some traits.
FinalSin66

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-R_p00cfPVPU/U ... 476757.jpg

Between the lack of other weapons, the shields, light armor and the backpack that looks filled with magnetic mines that were used by Kampfer in 0080 i think the new Galluss is a kamikaze unit, if not deploy those mines behind it to break through enemy lines
balofo

Yeah that looks like a Chain Mine.

BTW I find it funny they haven't shown us this following MS in action yet:
-Rozen Zulu and Jestas, perhaps the Jestas will appear in Earth while Banagher will get help from Riddhe or someone else? Nah, I don't believe they'll change the iconic Jestas defending the RX-0 scene
-Schrzum Gallus, unless it's for suicide attacking the Nahel or breaking through Magelanica Vist Foundation defenses then it's for attacking Cheyenne or just a regular grunt in the way.
-Green Frame NT-D Banshee, in the last PV we see it in a horrible yellow effect already damaged and appearing to fight the Neo Zeong(?). Unless this horrible yellow shining is its new super NT-D form.
-Sinanju, we know it's going to eject but it's fully armed while the Unicorn is weaponless and resorting to punching. Wonder how that final bit of the fight will play.
-The rest of the Sleveed grunts, in the novel the FA Unicorn demolished every type during its way to the Rozen Zulu boss fight in a spectacular way. Now the FA Unicorn already used everything but the funnel shields against Riddhe and the booster is for trying to catch up while Marida holds Riddhe.
-The Musakas, Musais and Endras, no way these grunts appeared from nowhere.

All in all we're in for some surprises
balofo

They are making the Schrzum Gallus' weapons secrets in the HGUC description, it has 2x of 3 unknown weapons.
nacho-wan

balofo wrote: ...
BTW I find it funny they haven't shown us this following MS in action yet:
-Rozen Zulu and Jestas, perhaps the Jestas will appear in Earth while Banagher will get help from Riddhe or someone else? Nah, I don't believe they'll change the iconic Jestas defending the RX-0 scene
Dude, I'm so waiting to see the Jesta do something worth-while but if the Ra Cailum is going to Erath, aren't the Jestas supposed to follow suit?
balofo wrote: ....
-The rest of the Sleveed grunts, in the novel the FA Unicorn demolished every type during its way to the Rozen Zulu boss fight in a spectacular way. Now the FA Unicorn already used everything but the funnel shields against Riddhe and the booster is for trying to catch up while Marida holds Riddhe.
-The Musakas, Musais and Endras, no way these grunts appeared from nowhere.

All in all we're in for some surprises
That has me worried from the preview, by far the Banshee is better prepared for the engagement with Banager - the Unicorn feels too clumsy with so much weight. I was expecting it to "part the Zeon sea" one grenade at a time.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
balofo

Yeah man, OVA has taken way too many awesome action scenes from the novels and the only cool stuff we got in return was the Byalant and the Jadg Doga/Bawoo team.
balofo

Repaired's funnels are called 改造ファンネル, 6 in each binder
balofo

Repaired manual info:
-Altered Funnels have Fin Funnel tech
-Hyper Beam Javelin is part of Armed Armor(uses Psyco Frame tech) series
Calubin_175

http://bit.ly/1uZ7jY4

Full Armor Unicorn Plan B - hypothetical unit usable in Tri-age.

Has all the Armed Armors equipped.
BrentD15

Calubin_175 wrote:http://bit.ly/1uZ7jY4

It's.....glorious...
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Dark Duel

Funny, that is EXACTLY the configuration I was planning on using for my MG Banshee mod.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
E08

balofo wrote:Repaired manual info:
Balofo, where did you get that the altered funnels have fin funnel tech? The HG manual only seem to say that they are basically funnels with small sturm faust warhead. This idea is thought up by the maintenace crew on board the Garencieres. The Hyper Beam Javelin attached to the suit's arm is apparently a prototype.

As for the large propellant boosters (which the english site translates as assault boosters), they seem to be also known as 'Sturn Booster'(?). A combination of propellent tank and booster, it is a prototype optional equipment for Geara Zulu. The lost of the two binders lightened the suit, and their replacement with the boosters improved the suit's thrust to weight ratio as well as grant it excellent mobility.

Edit: spelled sturm faust wrongly...
Last edited by E08 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

E08 wrote:
balofo wrote:Repaired manual info:
Balofo, where did you get that the altered funnels have fin funnel tech? The HG manual only seem to say that they are basically funnels with small sturn fast warhead. This idea is thought up by the maintenace crew on board the Garencieres. The Hyper Beam Javelin attached to the suit's arm is apparently a prototype.

As for the large propellant boosters (which the english site translates as assault boosters), they seem to be also known as 'Sturn Booster'(?). A combination of propellent tank and booster, it is a prototype optional equipment for Geara Zulu. The lost of the two binders lightened the suit, and their replacement with the boosters improved the suit's thrust to weight ratio as well as grant it excellent mobility.
yep, wrong info before I saw the manual itself. Actually the Krake Zulu is based on a old obscure variant, sadly I lost the image.
Blazer-X

Calubin_175 wrote:http://bit.ly/1uZ7jY4

So basically Banshee + Norn Backpack + Phenex "Wings" + Unicorn Head all in ANA color scheme.
Talk about milking.
balofo

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 0sggof.jpg

Bad photo but it has the Neo Zeong's armaments. I can see Funnel, Wired, Beam Cannon and Psycho something
balofo

Neo Zeong is a MONSTER!
Spoiler
>Weapon container with missiles and bazookas and other unused things
>Back arms are funnels and also have tentacle rods that take control of other MS
>Psyco Shard destroys all beam and solid ammo

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1 ... 0sgtdj.jpg
Cameo MS
Spoiler
-Zaku III using mouth beam cannon and now has skirt sub arm beam saber!
-Gigan with booster
-Silver Bullet using almost all of it weapons including Incoms, Missiles, Arms, etc!
-Big Zam, Gundam, Core Booster, Nu Gundam, White Base and Elmeth in flashback
-Ga-Zown beam is now blue
-Revolving Launcher other magazine has a metal pellet grenade and the same MGap
-Every Zeon MS now uses Geara Doga beam machine guns
Last edited by balofo on Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentD15

Sounds kickass.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25