The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Rawinder

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

Angelo Sauper wrote:
Rawinder wrote:Considering how few ships were seen in episode 7 -- and I find it hard to believe Frontal would pull any punches for what was his endgame here -- I assumed that there were simply more ships crushed in between Palau's asteroids than originally believed.
I can't remember exactly what happened in Char's Counterattack, but the fleet did something similar by splitting up to achieve multiple objectives in a short space of time.
That's because Char's plan was to hit both Luna II and Axis. Frontal's only target is Industrial 7.
balofo

Schuzrum Gallus weapons are per HGUC: Spike Shield, Magnet Anchor and Chain Mine.
Ferrus_Manus

Are the Vulcans on the Bawoo a new addition? Because I couldn't find them on any armament list.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
BrentD15

Ferrus_Manus wrote:Are the Vulcans on the Bawoo a new addition? Because I couldn't find them on any armament list.
Yeah, most likely a refit. :)
Some were claiming that the Bawoo seen was a ReBawoo, but their profiles are too different for that conclusion to have merit.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

The Bawoo's vulcans seem to be a "phantom weapon" of sorts; we see them in episode 18 of ZZ (when Mondo and Beecha hijack the Bawoo and use the vulcans to try and take revenge on Gottn for the crappy way he'd treated them) and obviously again in episode 7 of Unicorn, but according to Mark over in the MS Catalog topic, they've never been mentioned on any official listings, and the most recent model kit (the HGUC version) doesn't have any visible gun barrels for them.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:The Bawoo's vulcans seem to be a "phantom weapon" of sorts; we see them in episode 18 of ZZ (when Mondo and Beecha hijack the Bawoo and use the vulcans to try and take revenge on Gottn for the crappy way he'd treated them) and obviously again in episode 7 of Unicorn, but according to Mark over in the MS Catalog topic, they've never been mentioned on any official listings, and the most recent model kit (the HGUC version) doesn't have any visible gun barrels for them.
Sorta like Gyunei's Jagd Doga was seen using Vulcan guns but were never listed as official weapons? :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Calubin_175

Does anyone think there was more than one Gustav Carl at Cheyenee while the rest were Zeta Pluses?
Deathzealot

There were also those gray Jegans since at the airbase as well.
BrentD15

Calubin_175 wrote:Does anyone think there was more than one Gustav Carl at Cheyenee while the rest were Zeta Pluses?
I think so. :)
balofo

Neo Zeong origins: Fukui envisioned a giant ghost aura from the Sinanju for the last battle in the novel
そのデザインの発端は、原作者の福井晴敏によると、小説版の最終決戦では、シナンジュは亡霊のようなオーラで身を包み、ユニコーンとバンシィの二機を驚異させたが、映像化に際して、その巨大な亡霊のオーラを巨大な機体として具現化できないかとの案から。 とはいえ、福井としては、シナンジュがスカートとスーツを着たようなイメージでここまでの大きさは考えていなかった。だが、古橋一浩監督の、作品の最後を飾る強敵として「絶対的な存在」にしたいという案と、ノイエ・ジールやα・アジールといった“ジオンの系譜”を考えると、これくらいの大きさは必要というメカニックデザインのカトキハジメの案から、全長100mを超える規格外の巨体となった[8]。このおかげで、ユニコーンとバンシィが二機がかりでも苦戦する構図がすんなり出来た事と、最終エピソードを象徴するサプライズ機体になったのでは、と後に語っている。
Kratos

I can't decide whether I would have been more on board with that or less than the giant MA-From-Nowhere.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Calubin_175

They wanted a monstrous finite being instead of a ghost.
Deacon Blues

That's... strange. He said in another interview that it would've invoked the image of Dozle from First Gundam and that wouldn't have worked very well... :/
BrentD15

Deacon Blues wrote:That's... strange. He said in another interview that it would've invoked the image of Dozle from First Gundam and that wouldn't have worked very well... :/
Spoiler
"Mineva, this is your father! Stop this nonsense at once!"
Deacon Blues

Units mentioned in Gundam Ace this month:

ジェガン (スプリット迷彩)
Jegan (split camouflage) -- the unit with the 620 on the shoulder

Jegan (Conroy Unit)

Prismatic Mobiles this month is the Kshatriya repaired.
toysdream

Deacon Blues wrote:That's... strange. He said in another interview that it would've invoked the image of Dozle from First Gundam and that wouldn't have worked very well... :/
Presumably meaning the scary bat-demon aura that Dozle projected just before the Big Zam blew up. I don't know if that would have been better or worse than fighting a Mobile Building. :-)

-- Mark
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Units mentioned in Gundam Ace this month:

ジェガン (スプリット迷彩)
Jegan (split camouflage) -- the unit with the 620 on the shoulder

Jegan (Conroy Unit)

Prismatic Mobiles this month is the Kshatriya repaired.
Dick move not giving the Custom Bawoo and the Zaku III official profiles...
toysdream

The Bawoo and Zaku III should get profiles at some point. They already had me translate the blurbs for the English site, so probably they're just sitting in the queue.

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:The Bawoo and Zaku III should get profiles at some point. They already had me translate the blurbs for the English site, so probably they're just sitting in the queue.

-- Mark
Thanks Mark! Now I can sleep in peace :)
BrentD15

One thing that keeps bugging me (and forgive me if it was mentioned earlier), but the mecha community is convinced that the Gigan seen in Episode 7 is the Rick Gigan. From what I'm seeing, it's the Gigan with the alternate MS-X design (as can be seen on it's MAHQ page).
Where does it say in anywhere that it's the Rick Gigan?