Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Enileph

Re: Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

Post by Enileph » Fri May 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks for the last few pages of the comic in return I will fill in what I know.
This "series" are mant to fill in details of the animation.

A few character fill in:
The Lady Zeon Ace Pilot (lady with glasses and tattoo)
Shows up as the leader in the support/supply team for those heavily armed Zulu in the animation.

That Zeon boy
The Zea Sulu pilot, they survived.

The location is a hidden Zeon base. The initial attackers are Pirates using scrapped MS as weaponary, hence the ones you have seen in the movies. A bunch of them are just rigged to walk forward with remote control and strapped with explosives.

The twin Brylant Custom are coming in as a seperate party doing clean up on any anti-EFF activities.

The other Zeon group is trying to do things their way, so to speak. Basically trying to take the hidden Zeon base as their own.

Basically a huge complex shoot out happens, with most parties dead, the Zeon guys surviving the conflict, pirates being destroyed, The EFF MS showing off and winning the day (joining forces with the hidden zeon base guys and letting them go), and the Efreet custom guy killing some corrupted Zeon leader.

FinalSin66

Post by FinalSin66 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:09 pm

So here are the Units i've been able to identify(SEEN with my eyes, no assumptions) from all the available material thus far, let me know if i've missed anything. Note i listed any custom unit that had more than just an emblem on it EX: Custom Paint, Notable Pilot, Variation in Parts or Gear. Idk what to label/call http://sidestory.ggame.jp/jp/lwc/images ... eon_04.png Also for the Lost War Chronicles Trailer in the beginning you can see a Dom with a Darker color scheme and Blue trim, i thought it might be the MSV-R cold climate but the backpack is not the same, just a regular Dom

Federation

Mobile Units

RX-75/Guntank
RX-77-2/Guncannon
RX-77-3D/Guncannon Heavy Arms Type D (Slave Wraith)
RX-77D/Guncannon MP
RX-77D/Guncannon MP (White Dingo)
RX-78-2/Gundam
RX-78XX/Gundam Pixie
RX-78XX/Gundam Pixie (Slave Wraith)
RX-78-4/Gundam Unit 4
RX-78-5/Gundam Unit 5
RX-78-5/Gundam Unit 5 [Bst]
RX-78-6/Mudrock
RX-79[G]/Gundam Ground Type
RX-79BD-1/Blue Destiny Unit 1
RX-79BD-3/Blue Destiny Unit 3
RX-79[G]SW/ Slave Wraith
RGM-79[G]/GM Ground Type
RGM-79[G]/GM Ground Type (Weapon Rack)
RGM-79[G]/GM Ground Type (Slave Wraith)
RGM-79[G]/GM Ground Type (Slave Wraith Weapon Rack)
RGM-79/GM
RGM-79/GM (White Dingo)
RGM-79D/GM Cold Climate Type
RGM-79G/GM Command Type
RGM-79GS/GM Command Space Type
RGM-79F/GM Land Combat Type
RGM-79LV/GM Night Seeker II
RGM-79SC/GM Sniper Custom
RGM-79SP/GM Sniper II
RGM-79SP/GM Sniper II (White Dingo)
RAG-79/Aqua GM
RB-79/Ball
RGC-80/GM Cannon
RGC-80/GM Cannon (White Dingo)
RX-80PR/Pale Rider
RX-80PR/Pale Rider [Bst]
RGM-86R/GM III
RGM-89/Jegan
RMV-1/Guntank II
MSZ-008/ZII (Travis Kirkland)

Vehicles and Vessels

Heavy Fork
Type 61
Big Tray
SCVA-72 Thoroughbred
Salamis
Magellan
Medea (Slave Wraith)
FF-3/Saberfish
FF-S3/Saberfish Space Type
Public
Himalaya

Zeon

Mobile Units

MS-05L/Zaku I Sniper Type (Yonem Kirks)
MS-05S/Zaku I Commander Type (Midnight Fenrir)
MS-06F/Zaku II
MS-06F/Zaku II (Heavy Equip)
MS-06FZ/Zaku II Kai (B type)
MS-06S/Zaku II Commander Type
MS-06J/Zaku II Ground Type
MS-06K/Zaku Cannon
MS-06G/Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type
MS-06G/Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type (Marchosias)
MS-06R-1A/Zaku II High Mobility type
MS-06Z/Psycommu System Zaku
MS-07B/Gouf
MS-07B/Gouf (Visch Donahue)
MS-08TX/Efreet
MS-08TX/Efreet (Marchosias)
MS-08TX[EXAM]/Efreet Custom
MS-08TX/S/Efreet Schneid
MS-09B/Dom
MS-09G/Dwadge
MS-09R/Rick Dom
MS-09R/Rick Dom (Anavel Gato)
MS-09R-2/Rick Dom II
MS-09R-2/Rick Dom II (Marchosias with MS-09F/Gb Dom Gross Beil large Heat Saber)
MS-11/Act Zaku
MS-14B/Gelgoog High Mobility Type (Johnny Ridden)
MS-14BR/Gelgoog A Baoa Qu Battle Type
MS-14G/Gelgoog Ground Type
MS-14G/Gelgoog Ground Type (Visch Donahue)
MS-17/Galbaldy Alpha
MSN-02/Zeong
MSM-03/Gogg
MSM-03C/Hygogg
MSM-04/Acguy
MSM-04G/Juaggu
MSM-07E/Z'Gok-E
MA-08/Big Zam
Rhinoceros
AMX-006/Gaza-D
AMX-014/Döven Wolf
AMX-018/Hades
AMS-119/ Geara Doga (Vincent Gleissner)
RX-79BD-2/Blue Destiny Unit 2

Vehicles and Vessels

HT-01B/Magella
HLV
Dabude
Gaw
Musai
Chivvay
Papua
Dolos
Zanzibar
Base Jabber
Fat Uncle
Fat Uncle Custom
Dodai Kai
Last edited by FinalSin66 on Mon May 12, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmuroNT1

Post by AmuroNT1 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:15 pm

FinalSin66 wrote:Idk what to label/call http://sidestory.ggame.jp/jp/lwc/images ... eon_04.png
It's just called "Zaku II (Heavy Equip Type)", and it's really nothing but a standard Zaku II F with the leg missile pods and Magella Top cannon.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

balofo

Post by balofo » Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 am

HADES seems to stand for HYPER ANIMOSITY DETECT ESTIMATE SYSTEM

Also any idea for the Pale Rider designer? The lineart doesn't match any known one...

Xenosynth

Post by Xenosynth » Tue May 13, 2014 3:05 am

I personally thought the pose on the main website (here) looked actually a wee bit like the guy who is doing the designs for Blazing Shadow (Gundam wiki has mechanical designer listed as Kyoshi Takigawa). I really am enjoying his art. Examples for reference.

Calubin_175

Post by Calubin_175 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:27 am

Yes, it does look like Takigawa, and on top of that, the Pale Rider took cues from many MS he has drawn for the Master Archive series. There is the head of the GM Sniper Custom, leg calves of the GM Sniper II and thrusters of the Alex.

I guess this along with its 0090 version would be the obligatory original MS for Missing Link.

Lost War Chronicles was the only game without any new mobile suits except for the Gelgoog G Type, though focused on the application of existing OVA MS.

I would also like to see the application of the ZII, Geara Doga, GM III and other mid UC MS in 0090.

Xenosynth

Post by Xenosynth » Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 am

Oh wait, he also is the one who did the Master Archive art? That explains why it seemed familiar. Very awesome then. I love the artwork for the Master Archives, I just didn't know who actually did it.

RyuseiDateSRX

Post by RyuseiDateSRX » Wed May 14, 2014 11:46 am

People seem to be calling the Neo Zeon Pale Rider, HADES. But the latest scan seems to show that "HADES" is part of its model number.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... ionPS3.jpg

It seems to be called AMX-018[HADES] トーリスリッター. What I'm wondering is how that will be romanised into English. It seems to say "Toris Ritter" or something. I'm more confident about the "Ritter" part, which is German for "knight" I think. But I'm unsure about the "Toris" part. It's probably supposed to be another word. Maybe another German word?

jp554731

Post by jp554731 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:08 pm

so going off of this pic, travis and fred from slave wraith defects to Neo Zeon? wtf??

It's weird seeing 2 Gundams on Neo Zeon (ZII, Pale Rider)

balofo

Post by balofo » Wed May 14, 2014 12:09 pm

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:People seem to be calling the Neo Zeon Pale Rider, HADES. But the latest scan seems to show that "HADES" is part of its model number.

It seems to be called AMX-018[HADES] トーリスリッター. What I'm wondering is how that will be romanised into English. It seems to say "Toris Ritter" or something. I'm more confident about the "Ritter" part, which is German for "knight" I think. But I'm unsure about the "Toris" part. It's probably supposed to be another word. Maybe another German word?
It's name is Toddesritter

RyuseiDateSRX

Post by RyuseiDateSRX » Wed May 14, 2014 12:22 pm

Cool. Is there anything that confirms that?

PowerdGNFlag

Post by PowerdGNFlag » Thu May 15, 2014 1:26 am

Todesritter is German for "Death Knight", which is similar to what the Pale Rider in Revelations is.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...

jp554731

Post by jp554731 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 am

Xenosynth wrote:Also a random note, but another strange oddity on the trailer there, at the end you see a GM Command Space type with an entirely new backpack. It's something minor but it still caught my attention, I don't think that backpack has been used on any other unit I've seen.

Edit: Link to the GM Command.

Edit Edit: Derp, turns out that's the ground GM Command's backpack. Still odd that they'd put that on the space unit. Last minute conversion or something perhaps?
know this was back in feb, but if you were wondering, this is a shout out to Hugues Courand's GM Command Space Type in Gundam Senki's Prologue video. The backpack is a flub up.
and in the beginning of the video Hughes' GM gets blown up before the fight between Amuro Gundam and Zeong unlike what is shown in the new Gundam Missing Link PV with Amuro Gundam and Zeong stealing everyone's thunder at A Bao A Qu. Time Paradox? Retcon? you decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGubXJhxos

bilbros

Post by bilbros » Thu May 15, 2014 5:06 am

It's weird seeing 2 Gundams on Neo Zeon (ZII, Pale Rider)
The ZII doesn't belong to Neo Zeon: as can bee clearly seen on the promo video, the MSZ-008 actually attacks them, but stops when he recognizes Vincent Gleissner's unit and the Pale Rider-inherited head of the Todesritter.
Furthermore, if you look at the pilot suit weared by Travis, you'll notice that it's definitely not a Neo Zeon one (it seems more like a civilian type, or perhaps an AEUG one).

Calubin_175

Post by Calubin_175 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:33 am

Grey ZII suggests that they may have been mass produced in limited quantities, perhaps to compete with the Re-Gz.

Light blue must be Vincent's personal color.

Oh, they couldn't confirm whether the Slave Wraith's Pixie is either a restored machine of Cross Dimension's Unit 2, or the Unit 1 which was assigned to Belfast.

Since only 3 machines were made, I guess they had to leave it open for interpretation so that the Pixie could freely appear in other works. Renpou Guren Tai had a black Pixie, but that manga wasn't that canon.

RyuseiDateSRX

Post by RyuseiDateSRX » Fri May 16, 2014 11:36 am

Hopefully the Pixie is the same one as Bork's, and Slave Wraith got it after the Cross Dimension story and repaired it. I would like to see cutscenes showing that. Perhaps Bork and Saki meeting the Slave Wraith characters or something.

I would like the game to tell us which Gundam Pixie Fred's one is, whether it's Bork's one or not.

jp554731

Post by jp554731 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 pm

can anyone tell what rank Vincent is from this picture?
Federation Ranks are so much easier to decipher.

bilbros

Post by bilbros » Fri May 16, 2014 6:31 pm

can anyone tell what rank Vincent is from this picture?
He's a Neo zeon shoosa, i.e. the same reank as Char at the beginning of Mobile Suit Gudnam.
Grey ZII suggests that they may have been mass produced in limited quantities, perhaps to compete with the Re-Gz.
Light blue must be Vincent's personal color.
Well, the available footage and info so far do actually show only one Z II unit, so we cannot say that for sure.
As for the light blue Geara Doga, yes, it's Vincent personal MS, namely his third known custom-colored model, after the MS-06G and MS-14BR recognizable in the OYW arc. 8)

Calubin_175

Post by Calubin_175 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Lol, I don't even know what constitutes an MS-14BR anymore. Is it basically any personal customisation further applied onto a standard B type? So not all BRs would be the same.

AmuroNT1

Post by AmuroNT1 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm

As near as I can tell, the BR Gelgoog is a bodged-together combination of the High Mobility and Cannon types.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power