Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Zeonista

Re: Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

toysdream wrote:I don't think those appear in the game. Somebody just pasted them into a graphic for comparison purposes.

-- Mark
Dammit, got my hopes up & everything. :( the game is definitely sounding good due to all the MS and the updated graphics.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Enileph

Not sure if it is true, but according to one source the Pale-Rider that comes with the box set is in a Limited Color Scheme. So maybe the special white is limited color scheme?
Xenosynth

Nono, the one in the box is 'metallic' colors, which is just one of the special paint coatings. So it's gonna be the same as the future HGUC of it, only in metallic colors, like...

HGUC Gundam Mk II Extra Finish.

But as we can see the boxart for the HGUC that comes with the game is unique, I have to imagine the normal HGUC will have the same 'colors', just not shiny, since they don't do exclusive box art 95% of the time for special colors.
Gelgoog Jager

The latest preview shows that Garret Schmitzer's Customized MS-05S will join the battle this time:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31/mo ... -makeover/

It seems to lack the head power cables, so it looks like it won't get retconned into a MS-05Q.

On the other hand, Visch Donahue's MS-14G refuses to acknowledge the design from Lost War Chronicles:

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/mobile-suit- ... es-trailer

It is still simply depicted as an all green YMS-14/MS-14S.
toysdream

They're simply remaining faithful to the original game designs. The official game site specifically discusses this in the case of Visch's MS-14G:

http://sidestory.ggame.jp/jp/colony/ms/zeon03.php
This machine is a rare type even for a G type. It isn't equipped with a backpack for use under gravity, and its exterior is that of a pre-production type Gelgoog. However, it has undergone modifications such as dustproofing on its joints, the removal of the spare generators on its arms, and the installation of a grenade launcher and gatling as internal weapons. It is conjectured that this may be an early prototype of the G-type modification, or a reserve machine used as a source of spare parts.
-- Mark
domtropen

Any change on the spec and backstory of MS-05S? Is it still just the same MS as the old MS-05B?

btw what's the point of adding head cable for MS-05Q? Can't imagine that much difference in power needed for the head between regular 05 & 06...
Xenosynth

I do find it a bit odd they kept the Gelgoog the same, but... they ended up changing the GM Sniper II's BR that is used in the game. In the final battle, it uses the 'prototype beam rifle,' but on this, it appears to use the GM Sniper's long range beam rifle. Not that I mind either way, it was just surprising.
Gelgoog Jager

On a similar case, the standard MS-07B from Rise from the Ashes replaces the Gouf's fixed finger machine gun with the arm mounted machine gun of the MS-07B-3. This same weapon is also used by the pink & purple MS-08TX from the game's original story, possibly also as an equivalent of the MS-08TX/N fixed arm machine gun.
Enileph

Xenosynth wrote:I do find it a bit odd they kept the Gelgoog the same, but... they ended up changing the GM Sniper II's BR that is used in the game. In the final battle, it uses the 'prototype beam rifle,' but on this, it appears to use the GM Sniper's long range beam rifle. Not that I mind either way, it was just surprising.
Actually in a certain gundam game with MS-14G, the special "skin/model" featuring Visch's gelgoog is deliberately reverting the model to be more MS-14 like rather than looking like a 14G.
That includes changing the shield and the loss of the backpack.

So by all means this is a custom. The smaller details is a mix of 14 and 14G though we will not know how this is done in MSS/Missing Link until the game is released.
AmuroNT1

By "certain game", I assume you mean Lost War Chronicles (since it has alternate skins for all playable MS); I could grab screencaps if people really wanted.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Enileph

Not only that, in Senjo no Kizuna you get the special skin/model also. (It was in a special event, don't think you can get it now, but you can use it if you have it)
There are some differences, and parts of it looks like a regular Gelgoog. But it is different from a regular Gelgoog side to side. Oh the green coloring scheme and the kickass emblem.
Xenosynth

More MSV-R Designs confirmed. Latest two gameplay trailers were released (Not the story based ones but actual gameplay), and the Slave Wraith one here shows the GM Night Seeker II, as well as the Guncannon Heavy Arms Type D in Slave Wraith colors. Behind the GM Night Seeker appears to be a big tray, just in white colors I think? Or maybe it's just part of the base, I dunno.

The other trailer here gives us a side view of that new Dom with the huge heat sword thing, at about 2:27.

There might be other new MS things in these videos that I missed, given how late it is.

Also, I think we have a bit of an explanation for the Pale Rider seeming to change colors? In the pre-release 3D it was more white, but in everything else it has been blue. I think... THINK it might be because the Zeeks steal it rather early on, which explains why it's in Neo Zeon's hands. But yeah, I think the Pale Rider might never get use by the Feddies in the Campaign.
balofo

Turns out the Marchiosas Team is part of the Torrington base attack in UC. It's the same Efreet.

Also the upgraded Pale Rider is shown using Neo Zeon MS parts and weapons in 0090.
Gelgoog Jager

The latest trailer also puts a Geara Doga (which seems to be Rezin's unit) already around by U.C. 0090, just one year after the end of the First Neo Zeon War.

Having a complete and operational unit at that point does seem to reinforce the idea that the design itself do was completed during the previous conflict.

Given that situation, as well as the indications that the Zaku III was developed a lot earlier than the Dooben Wolf (earliest sighting being during the parade at Dakar, and its background indicates that it was developed alongside the Dreissen as units that are based on older designs, the Zaku and Dom, which reduced the development time needed), I think we have better grounds to think that the Dooben Wolf competed and won against the Geara Doga (rather than the Zaku III) late during the conflict, the later whose role actually seems to overlap with Zaku III as high mobility general use units (the stats from Unicorn indicate that the backpack of the Geara Doga equipped on a Royal Guard Geara Zulu provides a major increase in thrust compared to the standard Geara Zulu).

Perhaps unlikely, but if the game were to provide more detailed information on that Geara Doga's background, then we would confirmation of this being or not the case.
FinalSin66

So Ripper from slave wraith becomes MS-08TX/S pilot in 0096. Somehow that makes more sense to me cause Schnied use the poleaxe for melee, but ripper with the pixies daggers makes sense switching to the efreet adding dagger like weapons to fit his style.

The Hades has sub arms and incoms, cool.

Where did u get the pic?
Xenosynth

@ Jager: Not Rezin's unit. All of Grisner(?)'s units have had a blue paint scheme. His HiMo Gelgoog and his HiMo Ground Zaku also have the blue colors.

And... Doug Schneid... isn't the Schneid pilot? I guess him and Fred became buddies and he named it after Schneid. That's... a bit bizarre. Does it have any details on why Travis, Grisner, and the Pale Rider attack a random setup of soldiers from Zeon?
balofo

Spoilers from UC gaiden manga:
Spoiler
Fred Lieber piloting the Efreet Schneid finally kills Vincent Gleisnner piloting a Zaku III during the Zeon Remnant internal strife after Torrington. Vincent died happily.
Really wish someone who could read the manga say what was that all about.

manga 1

http://imgur.com/a/Dvhao

manga 2

http://imgur.com/a/zCp1c
Evex

Not sure if you guys saw this, but this was posted on Gundam info under their game section. The video though has been up since may 2 though.

Gundam Side Stories: Missing Link PV