MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
toysdream

MS Catalog

Hi all!

So for the last year or so - ever since the 2013 edition of the MS Encyclopedia came out - I've been working on a master list of the official and semi-official mobile suits from the Gundam series. This uses the latest MS Encyclopedia, or "Mobile Suit Illustrated 2013", as a starting point, and I've made a variety of spelling edits and additions.

Once I've nailed down the actual list, I'll flesh out and update the basic specs, but otherwise I think we're ready for public viewing. Kibitz away!

Ultimate Mark: Mobile Suit Catalog

-- Mark
balofo

Re: MS Catalog

good job!

You missed SD GUNDAM G GENERATION OVERWORLD in the game section, though
Deacon Blues

I think you meant Yahagi Franziback instead of Yahagi Flangeback. Not to mention, did you intentionally alter the spellings of the 08th Team names and what not? 0_o;
toysdream

Balofo: Were there any original mecha in G Generation Overworld?

Deacon: Good point, I should recheck the character name spellings. I think most of the 08th MS Team ones are as per the 2006 character encyclopedia, although I seem to have given in to a tendency to "correct" spellings when it came to Aina's last name. Likewise, I guess I reflexively "corrected" Yahagi's last name - most of the Ecole characters are named after types of camera, but that doesn't mean the Japanese publications are going to spell them accordingly. :-)

Now that I look at it, the official 08th MS Team web site uses completely different name spellings from the 2006 character encyclopedia and the Sunrise Art Works book. Which would you say is more reliable? And did they change these in a later edition of the character encyclopedia?

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Balofo: Were there any original mecha in G Generation Overworld?

Deacon: Good point, I should recheck the character name spellings. I think most of the 08th MS Team ones are as per the 2006 character encyclopedia, although I seem to have given in to a tendency to "correct" spellings when it came to Aina's last name. Likewise, I guess I reflexively "corrected" Yahagi's last name - most of the Ecole characters are named after types of camera, but that doesn't mean the Japanese publications are going to spell them accordingly. :-)

Now that I look at it, the official 08th MS Team web site uses completely different name spellings from the 2006 character encyclopedia and the Sunrise Art Works book. Which would you say is more reliable? And did they change these in a later edition of the character encyclopedia?

-- Mark
Yep!

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GGH-001C_Halphas_B%C3%B6se
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GS-A0_Queen_Amelias
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GGF-000_Master_Phoenix
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GNC-666_Balbadoro

I have one question about model numbers in Wing, do XXX in XXXG-01H refer to Colonies Liberation Organization as per the HGAC Wing model box?

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig23/10235277p.jpg
AmuroNT1

And I thought I liked making insane lists... :D

Just to add, you forgot the original Extreme Gundam's Mystic Phase/Face, which was introduced in Full Boost.

balofo: Since the XXXG model number originated with Wing Zero, and "X" normally denotes a prototype, I always joked that the "XXX" was the Gundam Scientists being smartasses and noting exactly HOW dangerous Wing Zero was.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Calubin_175

Yay for this AEU-09 AEUイナクトカスタム量産型. It is pretty much the Moralia domestic modification of the AEU-09.
toysdream

Thanks to balofo for the G Generation info! I've added listings for G Generation 3D and G Generation Over World, and made a couple of edits to Spirits and World as well.

I also added the Extreme Gundam Mystic Face, as per AmuroNT1.

-- Mark
Nebfer

So one could say that these are effectively what exists in the Gundam UC universe?

So what about the units in say the various Crossbone Vanguard manga? Like say the F99 Record Breaker?
toysdream

Nebfer wrote:So one could say that these are effectively what exists in the Gundam UC universe?

So what about the units in say the various Crossbone Vanguard manga? Like say the F99 Record Breaker?
Are they included in the MS Encyclopedia? Nope. So for whatever reason, they didn't make the cut.

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

I have the 2013 Character Encyclopedia if you'd like a copy of the "Engrish" names :P
toysdream

Just ordered a copy - I realized that mine is now 6-7 years out of date. :-)

-- Mark
bilbros

Great job once again!

Concerning the Extreme Gundam I would like to observe a curious thing: the various configurations of the "regular" model are labeled with the katakana フェイズ, which should be transliterated as "phase", whereas those of the Type Leo have フェース (which is correctly rendered as "face"). Is there a reason for this dual terminology, or is it just an inadvertence?
toysdream

bilbros wrote:Concerning the Extreme Gundam I would like to observe a curious thing: the various configurations of the "regular" model are labeled with the katakana フェイズ, which should be transliterated as "phase", whereas those of the Type Leo have フェース (which is correctly rendered as "face"). Is there a reason for this dual terminology, or is it just an inadvertence?
Very strange, but it does seem to be consistent, so I've updated my spellings accordingly.

Meanwhile, I've gone through and inserted specs boxes for all the Gundam 00 stuff. Since the MS Encylopedia counts the number of weapons in some cases, I've gone through and tried to count everything, as well as including weapons listed on the official web site, the kit manuals, and the Gundam 00 Mechanics books. I'm sure I've missed some stuff, so I invite corrections from the 00 experts!

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/mscatalog.html

-- Mark
balofo

00 armament researcher here:
-the 2 GN Arms have small GN Claws on the feet.
- GN vulcan x 2 (in flight form) for Kyrios are only mentioned in the 1/100 kit, unless you have another source. Also include the Tail Booster for Kyrios
-add GN Missiles to Drei(inside Shield Pod)
-Alvaroon's GN beam saber is questionable if they are 2 joined since it appears they can separate.
-add 2x GN Beam Rifles for Alvatore. Also add Giant GN Claws, though the REMOVED name I've seen is 格闘用巨大アーム
-Flag has 2 known type of missiles: air-air and air-surface. Can also mount missiles on the wing pylons. Should also apply for Overflag and Graham's.
-ORBIT FLAG should have the standard Flag armament minus the missiles since it's meant to use only in MS mode
-Realdo also has shoulder Rocket Launchers and can mount missiles on the wing pylons
-Realdo Hovertank has smoke dispensers and retains the 20mm gun
-All Helions(minus ground/space type) have a nose 20mm gun only for MA mode, even the recon one. The MS able ones can also carry Carbon Dagger or Long Blade.
-Space Type should have Linear Machine Gun with 2 Grenades, Small Shield and Sonic Blade. Option for Large 6 missile container
-Hellion Bombardment Type should have linear rifle, arm grenade launcher, arm 60mm gun, 20mm gun and wing pylon missile pods and leg pylon bomb dispenser
-Saachez's bay weapons are arm(smoke/adhesive shells, grenades, wire anchor, carbon dagger) and leg(gatling gun, flamethrower, long blade and napalm shell)
-Tieren High Type B has 200mm×50 gun according to some sources. Also saw it being 220x50mm in a scan.
-Are you going to include the 1/100 Tieren Bazooka and the 2 grenades it has on the leg shield inside?

Will do Season 2 and the rest later, Chris should use this for mahq
AmuroNT1

Does Dynames' sub-orbital sniper rifle count, or are we discounting one-off things?

In the same vein, we have the gear used by the Tieren Space Types during the HRL's attempt to capture Kyrios and Virtue, including carbon net launchers, carbon wire launchers, and gel shooters.

Also, Alvaaron has a "focused particle beam cannon" (圧縮粒子ビーム砲), which is the large beam shot that uses its wings to empower its beam rifle.

If you want to get that specific about it, the linear rifles wielded by Graham's Custom Flag and the Overflag have both a 300mm barrel for standard fire and two 60mm barrels for rapid-fire.

The Exia Repair's broken GN sword still has the beam rifle in it.

I've generally seen the Susanowo's swords referred to as "enhanced sabers" (強化サーベル).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

Cool! Thanks for the notes, guys. I'll make most of these changes shortly; in the meantime, a couple replies...

GN Arms: These do have claws, but I'm not sure I've seen them listed as GN claws. Ditto for the Alvatore.

Dynames: I'll add the ultra-high altitude rifle, since it's included in the specs in the Official File books.

Kyrios: The tail vulcans are mentioned in the kit manuals, but not listed in the specs, which suggests a certain lack of confidence. Let's take those out for now.

Alvaaron: I'll go with the MS Encyclopedia's claim that it's one saber, even though it can split. As for its special attack, the 1.5 Gundam has an "Alvaaron cannon," so I'll add this to the Alvaaron specs as well. And I'll add its beam rifles to the Alvatore too.

Flag and Enact: I'm reluctant to list the wing missiles, since these have seldom been depicted or listed in the specs. I'll probably skip the breakdown of the individual barrels of the Trident Striker, too.

Orbit Flag and Hellion Space Type: A lot of these space types are so poorly documented I was reluctant to include weapon specs at all. Some of them have leg-mounted missile pods and stuff, too.

Realdo: The shoulder rockets are shown in the Mechanics 1st book, but they're not listed in any of the specs. Did it ever use them in the animation?

Hellion: Where is that 20mm machine gun, anyway?

Al-Saachez's Enact: I think I'll stick with the kit manual's "arm and leg weapon bays" rather than trying to catalog all the stuff he could potentially put in there. Did he ever use any of these in the animation?

Tieren High Mobility B Type: Already got the 50-caliber thing. As for the regular Tieren, I think I'll skip the extra gear from the 1/100 kit; I also didn't include the coaxial 12.7mm machine gun on its arm cannon. Have to draw the line somewhere!

Exia Repair: A lot of GN swords have rifle functions, but I don't want to have to list it for all of them.

Thanks again for the notes! I'll think about these and decide how minutely detailed I want to get. :-)

-- Mark
balofo

-Realdo ellusive 20mm nose machinegun in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCs71PJ_wtw#t=11m52s :)
-Regarding the missiles for Enact/Flag the HG manuals mention they can carry on the wings, subwings and legs. You can see some Realdos carrying some missile pods on the wings and arm hardpoints during the desert operation, they were never fired though nor I have seen lineart for these missile pods(same as the ones on the Realdo Hovertank hand).
-The Space variants are indeed poorly documented but it's obvious they carry the same standard weaponry:linear rifle, sonic blade and some have leg rocket launchers on the legs. The Realdo and Hellion OP have grenades under the linear machine gun barrels(they are never named as such but I'm basing myself on the Shell Package Flag which has 4 grenades inside it's linear rifle as per 00V text).
-The Realdo Shoulder Rocket Launchers are never used, but the lineart is enough proof. I think I saw them listed in a mook once.

New considerations:
-I know they've never listed the Terminator Exia as still having the remaining GN Vulcan, but it appears to be intact just never used onscreen.
-CHERUDIM GUNDAM GNHW/R has 2 additional GN beam pistols II, totaling 4.
-Arios has 2 GN beam shield generators. ARIOS GUNDAM GNHW/M has a MA only nose GN Beam Rifle and the Gn Beam Cannon has 2 vulcans built on it, also it has 2 GN Missile Container.
-SERAVEE GUNDAM has 2 GN Bazooka II. GNHW/B has 2 additional GN Beam Cannons on the hips and 2 additional GN Field Generators on the shoulders
-Seraphim actually has 2 GN Bazooka II and 2 GN Cannons and can use a GN Beam Machine Gun. It can also use GNHW/B's 2 additional GN Beam Cannons on the hips and 2 additional GN Field Generators on the shoulders.
-00 Gundam has 2 GN Swords and 2 GN Shields(combine in 1). 00 Raiser can still mount the 2 GN Shields but the GN Vulcans are unusable when combined. Also add the GN Sword III for the 00 Raiser.
-LIANG adds a Long GN Rifle to the Drei and can use it in MA mode.
-Ahead should have NGN Bazooka as per retcon.
-Masurao is tricky: as per HG manual it has head Laser Machineguns and some lists claim it also has GN vulcans. Some claim these GN Vulcans are on the chest(same place as the Brave's 30mm guns) but I've never seen proof of this. It has 4 Small GN Field Generators.
-SUSANOWO has 2 GN Claws on the hips. It also magically loses the head Laser Machineguns and the claimed chest GN Vulcans, WTF?!?!
-Gaga has 2 shoulder GN Vulcans, these are used onscreen.
-Garazzo doesn't have Beam Sabers at all, has 2 GN spikes on the knuckles.
-Empruss is another tricky one since they don't list what it actually has and uses onscreen: 1 GN large beam cannon, 2 Beam Vulcans on the Claw Arms, 2 Claw Arms, egner whip x 2 and 4 Anti Air/Ground GN Beam Cannons besides the head and pointing downwards on its underside. It's wings are actually Anti Ship GN Swords
-Trilobite is also loaded: 2 Claw Arms housing each 1 Linear Spear, Large and Small GN Torpedoes, Chain Mine Worms(your anchor), Anti Ground/Air Missiles and Chemical Bombs.
-Shuichai has 2 Claws Arms, 1 Mouth Claw and 12 Torpedoes Launchers(4 each shoulder, 4 underside. It also appears to have 8 total anti air/ground launchers on the body, but that's just my speculation but it kinda makes sense observing its role of surfacing and attacking.
-Jiachong as 1x 80x50mm Smoothbore Cannon and 1x 30mm Machine Gun same for unmanned type.
-REBORNS GUNDAM/REBORNS CANNON has 8 Small Fin Fangs and the the Large ones double as Large GN Cannons in Cannon Mode. Cannon Mode also has 3 GN Vulcans in each hand, though never listed or used they are mentioned in lineart notes.
-Automaton has 2x 9mm Machine Gun
-UNION REALDO ORBIT PACKAGE's Sonic Blade can become Plasma Sword(Katharon modification). Again its linear machine gun houses grenades. It also appears to have the shoulder Rocket Launchers(speculation).
-AEU ENACT SUILLE PALACE GUARD TYPE has a Blade Rifle and the standard Enact armament.
-TIEREN ALL REGION TYPE Sergei Use carries and Advanced GN-X GN Beam Rifle with a GN Beam Saber as bayonet, also has 30 mm gun and the models also list the standard carbon blade and smoothbore gun.
-0 GUNDAM(GN Drive ver) has GN Feather

You seem to forget to add GN Field to the Virtue Family, Kyrios(onscreen, but no explanation), both GN Arms when combined, 00 Gundam/Raiser, Empruss and Regnant.

Will do movie and sidestories later

**BTW Mark are you now happy the GM Sniper II finally got to fight evenly a Kaempfer? :D
toysdream

Thanks for the huge list! I'm still figuring out how far I want to go into the details with these - my original intention was really just to transcribe what's in the MS Encyclopedia, and then I started checking against spec lists from the official site and the kit manuals and whatnot, and correcting/filling in weapon counts, and it just started getting out of hand. :-(

I feel like, as a sanity-preserver, I'll probably stop short of listing weapons that have never shown up in any of the published specs - that saves me from having to guess at their official names. For example, the Kyrios's hidden shield weapon is identified as the "GN Shield Needle" in Kodansha's Official File series, and included in the Kyrios specs in that volume, so I'll include it here. The Kyrios's nose vulcans, on the other hand, are called out in the 1/144 and 1/100 kit manuals but not included in the accompanying specs.

On this basis, things like the Alvaaron's special beam cannon and the GN Arms claws really shouldn't be included, so I may actually take them out of my listings. Likewise, the published specs have been really inconsistent about listing things with GN fields - I think this is cited in the specs for the Garazzo, Masurao, and Susanowo, but pretty much never for the Alvaaron, Alvatore, Virtue, or Seravee. I could go through and add this to the specs lists for everything that appears to have a GN field in the animation, but that seems like a lot of work!

And yes, I thought the GM Sniper K9 battle was great. Los Hermanos Renato shoulda won! :-)

EDIT: On reflection, I think maybe I should add a line item for "Unconfirmed" armament - things that have never been listed in the official specs, but we're pretty sure they have. That way I'd be sticking within the general bounds of official info, without dismissing all the hard work that people have put into the weapons-sleuthing.

-- Mark
E08

balofo wrote:Garazzo doesn't have Beam Sabers at all, has 2 GN spikes on the knuckles.
Actually according to the HG manual, all the spikes on the Garazzo are GN spikes.