MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: MS Catalog

Yeah go with the books, games always take liberties and make up stuff if they don't have the lineart like the handheld weapons for the RF series.

The wait for the G-Reco MS specs hurts :)
AmuroNT1

Manual scans for the HG Denial Gundam are out. The only weapons it has are the beam swords on the forearms and the "particle sash" (粒子帯) emitted from the head during Burning Burst. In addition to the Jigen Haoh moves we saw it use during Junya's fight (like the Shippu Zuki and Senpuu Tatsumaki Geri), it used moves from a couple of other fighting styles, including:
-Dempsey Roll: A move invented by boxer Jack Dempsey (1895 – 1983), in which the boxer sways his upper body in a figure-8, which not only adds extra momentum to his punches but allows him to strike at his opponent's blind side. It fell out of use as modern boxing shifted away from the hard-punching slugfests seen in Dempsey's day, but it still appears in fiction, most prominently the boxing anime Hajime no Ippo.
-Tetsuzankou (鉄山靠): A staple move of Bājíquán, the Tetsuzankou involves performing a half-turn and slamming one's upper back and shoulders into their opponent. Fighting game enthusiasts will recognize this move from the repertoires of several fighters who use Chinese martial arts, including Virtua Fighter's Akira Yuki and Street Fighter's Yun.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Mark, do you have any idea on why they stopped giving Sensor Range data after HF in UC?
AmuroNT1

Let's Try-On!

Riku Tryon (model number RM-01) is armed with Savage Fangs, Land Claws, Whisker Vulcans which fire "light bullets" (光弾), and obviously the Twin Cannons.

Umi Tryon (model number RM-02) is armed with the Circle Wave (ring-shaped beams fired from the "eyes"), Marine Blades, and the Ocean Whip.

Sora Tryon (model number RM-03) is armed with the Beak Shock (a mouth-mounted beam weapon), Feather Storm (feather-shaped projectiles fired from its Wings of Light), and Sky Grapples (its talons).

Tryon 3 (model number 最強機動 (Saikyo Kidou, lit. "Strongest Mobile")), in terms of actual weaponry, has the ZZ's beam cannons/hyper beam sabers mounted on the same rack as the Twin Cannonade and the wing shields which transform into the Heat Wing blades. Its special attacks are the Twin Cannonade, Boomerang Stagger, Liger Glare, Armed Buster, and Raptor Breaker.

Its final attack is the Chouhouken (超咆剣; "super roaring sword") Hyper Minovsky Tri-Zan; Chouhouken Hyper Minovsky is also apparently the name of the sword itself, and the energy bubble "attack" it used to trap the Try Fighters is called Chouhou Pressure. What I find most intriguing is, the manual says this was inspired by the Maoh Ken used by the Gundam X Maoh. The difference is that Mao's attack drew on the power of the Moon and the Sun, but the Chouhouken draws on the Earth's power.

Finally, the blurb on the box notes the Gunpla Battle rule about teams being able to co-pilot a single Mobile Armor and remarks that Minato created the Tryon with that in mind, trying to adhere to the principle of "ikkitousen" (一騎当千), meaning a warrior strong enough to defeat one thousand opponents single-handedly.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
E08

AmuroNT1, can you also give a summary of the text on the bottom left of the MS info page, below the Tryon 3 logo? it seems to have some information on the barrier produced during combination, and a defense coating on Tryon 3's armor. Thanks!
bilbros

As for the model numbers of Riku Tryon, Umi Tryon and Sora Tryon, was it a product of my faulty memory or does the animation indicates them as TRY-M1, TRY-M2 and TRY-M3?
toysdream

Time to catch up! The new edition's drawing nigh, after all.

Oldsmobile: I've re-revised these to prioritize the weapons listed in the MS Encyclopedia and the original game booklet. No sense in conducting an ongoing feud with the MS Encyclopedia on this point! Following the lead of the RF Zaku and RF Desert Dom specs, I've classified all the hand-held weapons as "beam bazookas", reserving the term "beam launcher" for built-in weapons.

Gundam GP04G: Aren't the specs in the RE/100 kit manual just the same as the Gerbera Tetra? I'm pretty sure I've seen different ones elsewhere...

Dolmel: Added specs and armaments from the Game's MSV feature.

Double X: It's been a while since your post on this, but I remember when you mentioned the breast launchers, I looked at them again and thought that the shoulder and chest barrels look really different. My working theory is that the shoulder ones are breast vulcans like those of the Gundam X, while the ones under the chest vents are the launchers. Technically, the callout in the MS kit manual is labeled "Body Unit" and refers to the torso in general - the text below does say the launchers are in the shoulders, but I'm not really convinced. More research needed here, perhaps. For now, I kept the two "launchers" and added two "vulcans" as unconfirmed.

Destiny Astray R: Added specs for all those guys balofo posted in the Astray thread, thanks!

Meanwhile, I've been collecting notes on the G-Reco and Build Fighters Try machines. I'll roll those out as soon as I get the new MS Encyclopedia edition. :-)

-- Mark
balofo

Cool, now I will finish late UC and post here

Notes:
-Rot Forbidden: the new twin scythe has a new name 重刎双首鎌「ツインニーズへグ」, I leave the kanji translation to you :) It also has beam particle emitters like the space battleships mounted on the shoulders according to the profile text(funny, the old explanation was that it had additional front skirt/legs Miroid Colloid particles emitters)
-Gelb Raider: likewise the Super Mjolnir has a new kanji name 超破砕球.
-GP04 Gerbera: yes, I didn't notice it has the same specs as the Tetra but the thruster value is different as are its weapons. I found this other data for it, source seems to be Gundam Weapons 3: http://i.imgur.com/haW2rkG.png
-Oldsmobile: perfect solution, should leave as it is now.
-Double X: fine by me.

How fast do you think you will get you copy of the 2015 Catalog? I think someone will update the G-Reco jp wiki pretty fast when it releases, I will also look for pics/info on 2chan and chinese sites and post here if they appear.
toysdream

Rot Forbidden and Gelb Raider are updated as per your notes - I listed the anti-beam particle emitters as "unconfirmed" since I'm not sure of their precise name. Thanks so much for your very careful attention to detail! :-)

As for the Gundam GP04, the sources I'm aware of include...

Gundam Collection Neo 5: overall height 18.0m / base weight 46.7t

Gundam Fix Figuration 0010: height 18.2m / base weight 46.1t / full weight 73.6t / generator output 1,730 kW / thruster output 224,000 kg / armor materials: Luna Titanium / armament: beam saber x 2, 110mm machine cannon, beam machine gun (long beam rifle)

I think there may have been specs included in one of the Gundam Evolve CD-ROMs, too - I dimly recall this came with the HG-UC Dendrobium kit?

As for the 2015 catalog, I've preordered it from HobbyLink Japan, and their book shipping is usually super fast and cheap. With any luck, I may even have it in time for the July 4 holiday. :-)

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

When does the issue come out? If I order it with Amazon Japan it'll probably be here a day or two later...
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:When does the issue come out? If I order it with Amazon Japan it'll probably be here a day or two later...
6/27

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E5%8B ... NZWBJSJ90N
balofo

Mark, since you didn't address this I will repost and add some new info:
Crossbones: is it mantle or manteau? We don't know yet the official name for the long beam cannon for the base X2, in most places it's called a Buster Launcher too(it's actually the F90 Long Rifle with no solid ammo magazine). The X3 used the beam shields as option in the final battle. X1 used a grenade from the zanbuster barrel in the manga plus it and X3 also used a nuke grenade in the final battle, I believe the grenade appeared at least in a toy where it could be held in the side skirt hardpoint. Why haven't you listed the armor materials and the other specs for the other F97s, I believe these will keep the same for all them(height and weight might vary slightly). Full Cloth should have the height and weight from the GBFT version, should also list the skull heads containing the I-Fields.
HGUC X2 Kai released and it comes with its own manual:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH3WF86UMAAFc9K.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH3WIGrUMAAQP0a.jpg

There is its story and Scissor Anchor/Main Thruster/Buster Launcher explanation. Hopefully I will find a better scan to see if there's interesting info

Now, curiously its spec list says its weights values are unknown and doesn't even list the Thrust spec. It has the same height so I was right about the F97s having slightly different H/W specs :)

With this in mind you can fill all the other F97s specs listing unknown when they should be different but keeping all the other known non variable specs

With your answers to this we can count the Crossbone series as done for now.
toysdream

Nice! Thanks for the info. I'll update accordingly.

From these pics, it seems they included the scissor anchors in the kit (they appear to have been omitted from the regular X1 kit, and they're not mentioned in the specs of either). One thing that's unclear is whether the beam sabers still double as beam guns - these are normally part of the core fighter, but since Tobia stole the X2's core fighter, the entire unit has been replaced with new parts (hence the unknown power and thruster output). Maybe the manga will clarify this - I'll check it again.

Incidentally, the Japanese sources generally have the sword weapon written as "beam zamber", but I've gone with "beam zanber" because the name is supposed to be derived from the apocryphal weapon known as the "zanbatō" (斬馬刀), and that always seems to be Romanized with an "n".

-- Mark
balofo

Rest of late UC

1)SF
-Magna: manual states it can also use the original G-Cannon 2x 4tube machinecannon
-CORE FIGHTER F90 III: are you going to list its armaments? At least it has 2x Beam Gun and appears to have 2x nose vulcans and 4 missiles in Core Booster form
-Silhouette: the VSBRs have separate beam cannons barrels with them
-Silhouette Kai: I believe the grenade launcher listed on the Catalog refers to the right arm attachment. I do believe its Beam Rifle has an under barrel grenade launcher, jp wiki calls it a 連装式ビームライフル
-Are you going to list the Neo Gundam's Core Fighter?
-Are you going to list the F90YKai Cluster Gundam Kai Prototype? It has lineart for the Prototype Top Fighter but I don't know if the full body lineart on mahq is original or modified.

2)F91
-DEN'AN-GEI: your list and mahq are the only places that list 2x head vulcans, yet I haven't seen this mentioned in any F91/general book. What's the source? Should be listed as unconfirmed.
-EBIRHU-S: should list the shoulder reconnaissance pod. Funny they always list it as having a spare claw, but is it visible anywhere?
-LAFRESSIA: in the movie the tentacle rods have beam guns on their tips, should we add this?

3)F91 MSV
-CANNON GUNDAM: back weapon can also be a 150mm high speed cannon(150mm高速砲) or a beam cannon. Source is the B-Club vol it appeared: http://i.imgur.com/fQjgOas.jpg
It also can't carry a shield because of the G-Cannon arm double beam guns as explained in that suit's manual and it isn't listed in B-Club specs
-G-CANNON LONG-RANGE SUPPORT TYPE: i have seen the gun unit being a 2連装高射機関砲. but I guess you have the source for it being a twin grenade launcher
-HEAVY-GUN OPTION WEAPON-PACK: I suppose you have the b club volume with the right armaments names because this one is a mess.
-VIGNA-GHINA II: should list armaments as: beam saber x 2, beam shield, shot lancer(heavy machine gun x 2) as per its lineart and G Gen Overworld. The Beam Launcher is EFF made so it shouldn't be using it but perhaps it can also alternate with the beam rifle from the original unit

4)V
-Gun EZ: the overhang cannon was used just once in the anime as a handheld weapon handed by Uso so it shouldn't even count
-GUNBLASTOR : spider net is another situational one use weapon
-VICTORY GUNDAM: add the optional weapons(names as per recent MG): 2x 4-tube leg missile pod, Beam Javelin and Gatling Gun; these 3 have lineart and appear in the anime. The Disposable Bazooka(Uso uses this as wire trap, also appears in the ED attached to the leg) and the 2x waist Beam Cannon(a V-Hexa uses it) only appear in the anime but don't have lineart. Do you have any info on the Disposable Bazooka? Jp wiki says it's a folding launcher just like the real life M72 LAW, but a single shot small solid bazooka seems a rather useless weapon when it has better options. I also won't bother listing all the different weapons being used on the various hardpoints like the double Beam Rifles on the leg
-V-Dash: the gatling gun x 2 can still be used in MS form for rear defense
-V-Hexa: should list all the Victory optional weapons too
-V2: the mega beam rifle, mega beam shield are Assault standard weapons, should be removed as you did for the Buster entry besides being tested by the vanilla V2 in the anime. The cast net-type mines have 2 types:laser and explosive but I believe there's no legit info on these.
-V2 Assault: the recent HGUC manual says the pelvis and both knees are also I-Field Generators
-HEAVYGUN (MACEDONIA VERSION): there's lineart for its shield and I believe it's seen using it in the anime. NT 100% and other places say it retains the 2x head vulcans
-Jamesgun: the old kit gives it the same Beam Bazooka as the Gun-EZ, can even mount it on the rear waist. Don't know if shown in the anime
-Zollidia: old 1/144 kit gives it back hardpoint Zolo's Gatling Gun and back mounted Zoloat's beam String Unit. The manual also says the Beam Shield doubles as a large Beam Cutter
-Zolo: Catalog has lineart for Top Heli wing mounted 増槽 Tank
-Shokew: the Gatling Gun is the V Gundam one, another situational one time use weapon
-Contio: I have seen an old toy calling its beam saber a Rope Saber because of its gimmick
-GALGUYU: Catalog has lineart for Float with periscope equipment
-Zanneck: Zanneck Base has 8x twin missile launchers on it according to NT 100%(round ports). The Particle Accelerators have Beam Cannons(can even change the angle) on them also according to NT 100% and these are used in the anime, they are even mentioned in the Catalog. The count for the Beam Cannons should be at least 4 per Accelerator according to the NT notes but there are more 6 identical ports on each of them.
-Birknau: as per Ghost the Claw Arms are beam based, perhaps mention this. The cockpit top beam saber also doubles as a beam shield/fan but I don't remember where I saw it used like this. Also shouldn't it be named tactile type beam saber?
-DOGGORLA: Ghost shows the Tail Rads as having missiles inside them.
-RIG-CONTIO: some places call the weapon variable mega beam launcher as it's in the Catalog
-TWINRAD: for consistence should list 5-tube missile pod x 2

And it's time to say goodbye to UC :)

Or do you want to list the few V-MSV MS that have different loadouts?
balofo

Humm... where are the stats in the B/W pages?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIbI2vFUsAEgE5x.jpg

Mark, chiba mentioned there's lineart for the G-Stream from the EXA VS manga. It seems they went all out, BF A stuff too with Influx and Vrabe.

Can't wait
Deacon Blues

I should have my copy on Monday or Tuesday. Just let me know what you want from it.
balofo

There's Crossbone in the B/W pages! Hasegawa's lineart.

They didn't fix the Okawara M-MSV in place of the Katoki MS Senki from the 2013 edition...

Still no Zodiac, Barzam Kai or Nouvel GM

Lots of errors like the G-Bomber having the Mega Shiki specs, gonna have to wait for a Try mook to know its specs

No Try Age

Lots of reestructered sections

Thunderbolt doesn't have Atlas

SADNESS: only part of the G-Reco MS have model numbers... and they must be the ones that got HGs
balofo

Crossbone page, it confirms a few things:

http://i.imgur.com/FoaSOcH.jpg

-No specs other than model numbers on the book so far. I haven't seen a full color page but that preview also only had model numbers. This worries me :(
-Crossbone X1 Kai and Skull Heart indeed have their own model numbers: XM-X1 Kai and XM-X1 Kai Kai respectively
-Another mistake by having the Screw Whip linear on the X2 Kai profile. They need some quality check

Lightning Z Gundam page which also shows Kamiki Burning, again not even a model number for kits coming in the next months...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIbI2vFUsAEgE5x.jpg

Star Winning Gundam page

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIfR54kVEAA54H4.jpg

Build Strike color page using low res lineart...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIglMNDUAAAQ9C7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIglMLOUAAEhkoK.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIglMLOUAAEhkoK.jpg

Disappointment :(
toysdream

Hm, sounds like a bit of a mixed bag, doesn't it? I guess we'll see how the color pages look. At least it looks like they still have the Romanized names.

-- Mark
balofo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIjvf-lUwAAlEA6.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIjyLh6VAAElKvu.jpg

So the old stuff still has the specs and comments on the B/W at least.