MS-19 Dolmel?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

MS-19 Dolmel?

So I'm kind of curious. I'm aware that the Dolmel showed up in an arcade game (Ex Revue) as a final boss type of mobile suit, but has it been used anywhere since? Because from what I know, this mech is ridiculously overpowered and overspecialized. I wouldn't be surprised if a few units survived post-OYW and fell into the hands of Axis or some random Zeon remnant group.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
balofo

Re: MS-19 Dolmel?

One unit appears in the Gundam Katana manga
Xenosynth

As far as I know, besides Katana, nope. It doesn't even show up in the G Gen games, and I only really know what it shows in the game (Ex Revue), I dunno if there's a lot of other story behind it
AmuroNT1

It helps that, from what I've heard, the author of Katana just throws whatever the heck he wants to into his story, canon be damned. See: Blue Destiny 2 Omega.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Wingnut

Still, with the Dolmel being a fully functional MS, you'd think there would be more then one of them. Even though it was experimental, there were 3 Gyans after all. If the Kampher can show up in Ecole, it doesn't seem like a stretch to me to see another Dolmel around somewhere.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Enileph

AmuroNT1 wrote:It helps that, from what I've heard, the author of Katana just throws whatever the heck he wants to into his story, canon be damned. See: Blue Destiny 2 Omega.
The Omega colored BD2 unit shows up in the Gundam Kizuna game also.
Xenosynth

Well, Katana is a manga adaptation of Bonds of the Battlefield, so that's to be expected.
Deacon Blues

Xenosynth wrote:Well, Katana is a manga adaptation of Bonds of the Battlefield, so that's to be expected.
Um... what? No it isn't.
Xenosynth

Wait, really? I had always heard that Katana was some kind of late tie-in with the arcade game Senjou no Kizuna (Bonds of the Battlefield). With the Striker Custom and whatnot being introduced in both at the same time, as well as things like the BD-2 Omega and stuff.

Edit: The only thing I can find corroborating that is the wiki though, so I dunno if it's accurate. May have seen it there and that's why I thought it was an adaptation.
AmuroNT1

Kinda hard to be an adaptation of Bonds of the Battlefield, since that game literally has no plot to speak of. :P
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Enileph

The author of the Gundam Katana series have a long history of cooperation with the guys developing MSV, and those of the Senjou no Kizuna series.

It is not really a tie-in, but more like the introduction of MS.

The prequel of Gundam Katana series does that also. That includes things from MS-05L as the early sniper for the game, and then GM, and Gamen custom Zaku. Then you get more obvious things from the series like GM Striker (Team Nemesis version) Yes you do have the Striker Custom introduced in the game.

Oh by the way, some MS color variation is introduced via buying the comic. Series that is tied-in with the game includes not only the Gundam Katana (and other sub chapters) and also includes "Return of Johnny Ridden" You get custom color for many red and black Gelgoog and Zaku, and you get to play with that special FA-78-1B(?) early in the series.

While the tie-in was a bit more formal,c the whole Senjou no Kizuna game does have many tie-in with comics, they are currently doing a tie in with the Blazing Shadow comic I think, as announced by the "07 MS team", a tv show for Senjou no Kizuna aired at late night in japan I think.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UXx9vI8N7WU/U ... 90_002.jpg.

The info board outside the game pod shows information from some comics and things from time to time, as well as a chance of tie-ins, or special color variations you can get by buying the books.

Currently the game runs on a new pair of MS (or MS color) per month or so. Just finished leveling/completeing the new MS pair from this month.

The PSP game exist, but that was a tweaked version of 1.0 which was years ago. Currently we are at REV 3.21.xx which is quite different with different events and map rotations and events and lucky day and achievements and what not.

If you want to know more you can feel free to ask me. Unless you live in Japan I am DEFINITELY SURE I will more about the game than you by a whole lot. (Game in available in Japan only, and HongKong/Taiwan. And if you are in HongKong/Taiwan and you are a veterian player chances are I know you, or you are just a nobody piece of n00b. NO EXCEPTIONS. And yes, before you ask, I know those Hong Kong players that shows up in the tv show.)
Zeonista

Wingnut wrote:Still, with the Dolmel being a fully functional MS, you'd think there would be more then one of them. Even though it was experimental, there were 3 Gyans after all. If the Kampher can show up in Ecole, it doesn't seem like a stretch to me to see another Dolmel around somewhere.
You mean like there'd be more than 1 machine of any given Gundam type in a story? :D

The Dolmel looks like somebody kitbashed a Kampfer and Gelgoog-B together into a personal MS for an ace. With that sort of foundation, the Dolmel would earn its performance specs!
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Enileph

Zeonista wrote:
Wingnut wrote:Still, with the Dolmel being a fully functional MS, you'd think there would be more then one of them. Even though it was experimental, there were 3 Gyans after all. If the Kampher can show up in Ecole, it doesn't seem like a stretch to me to see another Dolmel around somewhere.
You mean like there'd be more than 1 machine of any given Gundam type in a story? :D

The Dolmel looks like somebody kitbashed a Kampfer and Gelgoog-B together into a personal MS for an ace. With that sort of foundation, the Dolmel would earn its performance specs!
Well, for the most part, yes, usually there is more than one machine for each gundam type, a limited run with 2-3 units usually per production. It is jsut that they are modified later on so there are variations, being test units and all.

RX-78 itself have unit 1-3 being similar. It is just that unit 1 (or prototype) is not as updated and later modified along/to the FA/Heavy gundam line.

THE FA/Heavy gundam line has a few units also, around 3, not counting Gundam Unit 7.

Unit 3 is either damaged/destroyed and used as parts or be showing up as G3 depending on the storyline you are following.

Unit 4-5 are produced together and are basically the same thing, difference only being the handheld weapons, and luck.

6 is indeed a ONAK modification, and 7 being an upgrade to another design, but it is different enough to be ONAK.

Alex is ONAK being a unit produced for a single pilot.

Ground gundam have a limited production of 10+, but you know that anyways, and Ez-8 is just a modified unit.

BD 2-3 has it's own group, which is production modified from a Ground Gundam frame.

GP series are unique, there is only 1 of GP01-04, and I think around 2-3 GP00.

TTT TR series are mostly gundam heads added to a MS and then modified. TR-6 is a unique incomplete thing.

Zeta, more than one, with variants later on.

Delta Gundam, not sure, but simulation existed in simulator cockpits. Delta plus, 2-3 if I remember right.

Double Zeta, more than one.

FAZZ, more than one, different enough from Double Zeta.

S gundam has more than one unit. It is just that only one equipped with ALICE, which is featured in the story.

Nu/Hi-Nu, truely ONFK, I think.

Unicorn, 2 units, 2 if you count that golden bootleg unit 3 by EFSF itself.

Things like Katana is gundam head added to a modified MS.

Double Fakes are msotly mashed together unit parts, not a production.