The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Chris
Administrator

The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

Ok, this one is kind of weird. To the extent that we're able to discuss the mecha of BF, I'm putting this thread here. Since this is a gunpla show and not a "real" Gundam I expect we'll be comparing how these customized suits compare to their "real" counterparts.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

I'm kind of annoyed that the show went for a variant of the Strike Gundam. Why does it seem that Bandai always brings back the Strike of all things. Heaven forbid the mid-series upgrade is another Freedom unit.

We already had Perfect Strike and now Phoenix Rouge just recently within a year.

Can't wait to see actual variants if not a glorious HD combat with mobile suits from older shows.
Kuruni

It look like the wings and rail guns of Build Strike come from Freedom...
My girlfriend was a loli.
balofo

That Gundam X Maoh surely is a Ishigaki design based on a illustration from that book of his designs.

Build Strike and Zaku Amazing are Okawara's.

Wing Fenice is Okawara also?

Hoping for G-Unit, Crossbone, Astray gunplas to make an appearance.
Derringer

Well the entire show is basically self-referencing towards the Gundam universe, i.e., Gundam is an anime within the anime, so we may see/hear the kits or characters performing and talking like how they would if in their original continuities. Things like the Blue Destiny we saw in the trailer the giant tires from Victory, we might see some nerdy information about them through character dialogue.
Geoxile

So does this officially make Blue Destiny canon?
halo1000

Geoxile wrote:So does this officially make Blue Destiny canon?
I wouldn't think so seeing as Build Fighters isn't set in the Universal Century.
Wingnut

Not to mention that one of Boris Shauar's wingmen used a BD-1 with a BD-2/3 backpack in Gunpla Builders, so it's been animated already.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Evex

Bandai/Sunrise doesn't like the word cannon, as much they like to refer to things as official, or none official. Blue Destiny sits in an odd grey space where bandai/sunrise don't acknowledge it as official, but don't say it's not official. It's more semi-official. I'm guessing the reason your seeing the Strike used a lot is for two reasons.

The first is that Gundam Seed just got aired again in "HD" last year, and Gundam Seed Destiny is getting the same treatment this year. Secondly Gundam SEED was meant to be a reimagining of the original Gundam for a new generation, so Bandai/Sunrise might see the Strike Gundam as the RX-78-2 of this generation. More people are most likely going to recognize the strike vs the RX-78-2 Gundam.

The Build Strike Shoulders are actually from the freedom, and the side skirt armor looks like its been modified. From the looks I say its the side skirt armor from the murasame. I can't help but notice that the striker pack looks like its a modified version of Strike Rouges Phoenix pack.

Heres an Image of the MS we currently know about. Build Striker, Zaku Amazing, Gundam X Maoh and Wing Gundam Fencer

Gundam Build Fighter MS
Sume Gai

The Strike's popularity among writers likely stems from it's real world popularity and the narrative flexibility afforded by it's striker pack system.. I can't blame them either among reimaginings of the RX-78-2 it's probably the best. Sleek and modern in appearance but still evoking the machine its meant to homage.

Moving on these new machines are more than frankens, the shoulders, arms, head And hip plates retain elements of the original but are definitely new parts. The Wing Feinice seems less altered with but a shoulder, knee and wing placement as variations. The ZaKu Amazing's alterations mainly seems to be the added armaments and the foot flaps. The X may have some vastly different functions given the obvious satelite cannon is gone and new parts are visible on the arms and legs.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
RLZIII

Sume Gai wrote:The Strike's popularity among writers likely stems from it's real world popularity and the narrative flexibility afforded by it's striker pack system.. I can't blame them either among reimaginings of the RX-78-2 it's probably the best. Sleek and modern in appearance but still evoking the machine its meant to homage.

Moving on these new machines are more than frankens, the shoulders, arms, head And hip plates retain elements of the original but are definitely new parts. The Wing Feinice seems less altered with but a shoulder, knee and wing placement as variations. The ZaKu Amazing's alterations mainly seems to be the added armaments and the foot flaps. The X may have some vastly different functions given the obvious satelite cannon is gone and new parts are visible on the arms and legs.
Interestingly enough, even though the Gundam X Maoh seems to lack the Satellite Cannon, the official English description states that "Its main weapon is its enhanced 'Hyper Satellite Cannon', which boasts devastating power worthy of the name "Maoh.'" So it does have a Satellite Cannon of some sort...where is the mystery.

EDIT: This image of the Gunpla shows the cannon: http://admin.gundam.info/uploads/image/ ... -82784.jpg
balofo

From Ishigaki's mouth:
-Build Strike=Okawara
-Amazing=Teraoka
-Maoh=Ishigaki
-Fenice=Ebikawa
RLZIII

balofo wrote:From Ishigaki's mouth:
-Build Strike=Okawara
-Amazing=Teraoka
-Maoh=Ishigaki
-Fenice=Ebikawa
Source?
Evex

The arm of the Wing Gundam Fencer were bugging me, so I decided to do a little research. For some reason I thought the yellow claws near the arms were the epyon's, but I was wrong. Never noticed the wing gundam had those there to begin with. Since I was at it I decided to continue to analyze the mech. Here is what I could find. Note some information comes from Gundam Wiki, so it depends if they translated the information correctly from the main site. It will be noted what pieces of information came from the site.

Wing Gundam Fencer

The left shoulder looks similar to the shoulder armor of the tallgeese III. I'm unable to tell what the right shoulder armor is from. The green parts on the head might be from the Wing Gundam Zero Custom (ova/endless waltz version).

Gundam Wiki: the suit is remodeled with unique left and right asymmetry. The Bird Mode is omitted with this modification.

Build Strike

The shoulders are from the freedom gundam, and the waist armor closes match is to that of the murasame, but its been modified to carry beam sabers. The beam saber holders most likely came from the 105 Dagger or Duel Dagger series. The optional backpack appears to be a modified Striker phoenix pack, which comes from the strike rouge phoenix. Due to using the freedoms shoulders the Build strike ability to move left to right quickly is most likely improved due to the extra verniers in the shoulder.

From the preview footage I can determine the Build Strike Known armaments at this time are. 4x ciws mounted in head; 2x beam saber mounted on skirt armor; 1x beam cannon mounted to striker pack; 1x rail gun mounted to striker pack; beam rifle.

Note: right now the beam cannon and rail gun are based on the same weapons location on the pheonix striker. For all I know it could be two railguns, or two beam cannons.

Zaku Amazing

The most notable change to this suit is the additional armor outside of that nothing has changed. Its armaments appear to be 2x 5-tube missile launcher; 2x beam pistol; 2x heat machete*;

The armaments on the shoulder are unknown what they are.

*These are shown in the preview from Gundam Ace Build MS apparently a new card game thing in Japan, similar to the one they had for gundam age. Its unknown whether the actual suit will have these.

Gundam Wiki: The Zaku Amazing is based on the MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type. It has also been up armored and equipped with fixed weapons. Additional equipment is the Amazing Booster.

Gundam X Maoh

The only known modifications are to the backpack, forearm, leg armor, front skirt armor and shoulders. Known armaments at this time are the hyper satellite cannon; beam saber; 4x vulcans mounted in chest.

Gundam Wiki: ... It is based on the the Gundam X from After War Gundam X, giving it a full body Reflect Thruster.
E08

There are english translation of the profile on Gundam Info. Anyway, the gundam wiki seems to be all correct.

For some reason, the Build Strike's waist armor reminds me more of that of the Akatsuki. As for the weapon on the striker pack, the model kit shows them to be identical cannon/gun, so it is more likely to be a pair of beam cannon or railguns. Build Strike also has a shield with some short of emitter-like thing at one end.

For Zaku Amazing, the pistols seems to be stored on the waist amor and the heat machetes are stored at the back. http://gundam-bf.net/mechanics/02/.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Also, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Wing Gundam Phoenix. Fenice is Italian for Phoenix.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
balofo

Its official name is Fenice...
Arbiter GUNDAM

But if you wanted to translate it, that's what it would mean. In any case, it looks awesome! :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ChroniK

"They have been waiting all this time. Waiting while time stood still around them. However, time has begun to flow again. Because of Cardeas Vist's actions." - Full Frontal