The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Mecha Thread Mk I

People are now speculating Miss Sazabi belongs to the secretary and Exia Dark Matter belongs to chairman
Red Zaku

balofo wrote:People are now speculating Miss Sazabi belongs to the secretary and Exia Dark Matter belongs to chairman

I think it's the reverse. The Secretary seems way more serious and plotting, and the Chairman has a clear love for wine, and being treating like a kid. So I think Miss Sazabi is the Chairman's and the Exia Dark Matter is the Secretary's.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Zeonista

At this point in the story I am thinking Ms. Baker has the Miss Sazabi, a yet-to-be-named henchman has the Exia Dark Matter, and the Chairman has the Go Go Zakrello-kun! :P
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
E08

balofo wrote:http://img15.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 854085.jpg

RG System explanation, translations please?
Roughly, it says that the RG system, like the Discharge System, make use of absorbed plavsky particles. However, unlike the latter which is used for shooting or high speed movement, the former is used to strengthened/enhance the internal parts and is a original system created by Sei
balofo

E08 wrote:
balofo wrote:http://img15.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 854085.jpg

RG System explanation, translations please?
Roughly, it says that the RG system, like the Discharge System, make use of absorbed plavsky particles. However, unlike the latter which is used for shooting or high speed movement, the former is used to strengthened/enhance the internal parts and is a original system created by Sei
thanks bro, gotta have to wait for a better explanations in kits or mooks then
balofo

Some manual trivia:

-Kaempfer Amazing's little dual fins on its arms and shins are actually heat weapons for close combat. The OP shows it using a beam saber but that's not mentioned in the kit so we can assume it retains the 2 hip beam sabers and the 2 head vulcans from the original Kaempfer.
-Fenice's Beam Rapier doubles as weak Beam Gun when it's housed on the arm(fires from the pommel). The kit doesn't mention the shoulder beam gun used in the anime.
balofo

REJOICE!

The Builder Fighter MG manuals are FULL of suit and weapon info, THANK YOU BASED GOD!

Build Strike manual:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fhUTSs-dUHM/U ... 1600/4.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Do_TTh7Z3d8/U ... 1600/5.jpg

Sorry to bring the news that the barrel on Chobam Shield is NOTHING...
DoubleZero

According to Gundam Wiki, Sengoku Astray's swords are name "Tiger Pierce and Gerbera Straight". I thought their names were "Kikuichimonji and Kotetsu", or did they change it?

Also, I read here that Kampfer Amazing's knives are called "Plavsky Knives", while in the wiki profile they're called "Amazing Knives", or is that their official name?
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
balofo

DoubleZero wrote:According to Gundam Wiki, Sengoku Astray's swords are name "Tiger Pierce and Gerbera Straight". I thought their names were "Kikuichimonji and Kotetsu", or did they change it?

Also, I read here that Kampfer Amazing's knives are called "Plavsky Knives", while in the wiki profile they're called "Amazing Knives", or is that their official name?
Correct:
-"Kikuichimonji and Kotetsu"
-"Amazing Knives"

ZM-D11GRB is the Abigorbine model number
Dark Duel

"Tiger Pierce" and "Gerbera Straight" are the names of the twin katana used by Red Frame Kai in VS Astray. Also, IIRC, the katana originally used by Un No with his custom GINN.
Presumably someone assumed that the names would be the same for Sengoku Astray because it's a Red Frame variant.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

Like I pointed out in the "Stuff you just realized" thread, Kikuichimonji and Koutetsu are famous Japanese swordsmiths; "Gerbera Straight" and "Tiger Pierce" are pretty straight J-to-E translations. It does make sense that Nils, as a fan of Japanese culture, would use the Japanese names.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Calubin_175

GM Sniper K9 belongs to the Renato brothers and it has a massive beam rifle. http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/bandai- ... 9-1500yen/
Jestersage

GBF/GPB forbid certain weapon?

Being two shows that basically run on imagination/toys, the possible weapons are endless. However, would some weapons be banned due to various reason?

For example, something tells me they will forbid any gunpla that use a GN Neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon.
Zeonista

Re: GBF/GPB forbid certain weapon?

Jestersage wrote:Being two shows that basically run on imagination/toys, the possible weapons are endless. However, would some weapons be banned due to various reason?

For example, something tells me they will forbid any gunpla that use a GN Neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon.
I am unsure about that, if only because a truly maniacal fan might be able to construct such a thing. From what we've seen, if can be built, it can be played, although special attacks and boosts have a time limit to keep things interesting.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Arsarcana

DoubleZero wrote:According to Gundam Wiki
This would be the problem right here. I've seen off the cuff translations I and others have done cut and pasted into that site, errors and all. Plus, 'making **** up' seems to be a popular hobby there.
Kuruni

Arsarcana wrote:
DoubleZero wrote:According to Gundam Wiki
This would be the problem right here. I've seen off the cuff translations I and others have done cut and pasted into that site, errors and all. Plus, 'making **** up' seems to be a popular hobby there.
Tell me specific page(s) where you saw the first, I alway love kicking someone in groin and paste "plagiarism" label on their forehead. :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
GNRoyalFlash24

Spoiler
Interesting, the Maoh uses solar lenses to capture the artificial sunlight generated by plavsky particles to continuously use the hyper satellite cannon. Next would be SBS's RG system in today's episode, it apparently grants increased resistance against beam attacks but at the cost of intense strain to its body.
DoubleZero

I'm getting Psycoframe vibes from the RG System now.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Jestersage

Re: GBF/GPB forbid certain weapon?

Zeonista wrote:
Jestersage wrote:Being two shows that basically run on imagination/toys, the possible weapons are endless. However, would some weapons be banned due to various reason?

I am unsure about that, if only because a truly maniacal fan might be able to construct such a thing. From what we've seen, if can be built, it can be played, although special attacks and boosts have a time limit to keep things interesting.
Uh, you know what Neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon looks like, right?
Dark Duel

IIRC, doesn't it look a lot like Dr. Evil's rocket from the Austin Powers movies?
Haven't seen the ep yet, but looking forward to it.
Will post again once I have.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."