Gundam Astray Noir

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
vipergb34

Gundam Astray Noir

Can someone translate this please?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hf8H9k8djNY/U ... 006729.jpg

I kinda like the way this Astray looks.
Wingnut

Re: Gundam Astray Noir

Looks nice but I can't help but think...
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Homeless

It looks like something that crawled out of the Custom Lineart Request thread.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Newtype87

Homeless wrote:It looks like something that crawled out of the Custom Lineart Request thread.
To be fair, a LOT of variants in Gundam Seed look like Custom Lineart Requests. Like the Raigo, or the Perfect Strike Gundam.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Xenosynth

I'll admit when I saw this on GG, I had to do a double take and make sure it said it was from something official. Still dunno if I believe it or not though >.>

Can't get anything really from the Japanese besides something about the Noir Striker, Helopolis, and something project. o.o But yeah.

Still, for now I'll agree with Senator Vreenak.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Sun May 26, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenosynth

I actually just went to look at the site. Yeah, it's part of Astray B. Wow. Iono. I never thought the Astrays could use striker packs.
Bryant Molirse

More then likely, the long rumored, occasionally mention, Grey Frame Astray. Seeing as all the other Astrays had their own gimmicks, Gold Being able to use Orb, and Omni weapons due to dual power plugs, Blue being setup computer wise to easily accept mission oriented equipment/modifications, Red, I don't remember, but whatever. Watch Grey is just the pack version unit. Yay Retcon, but seriously Noir? Noir? They couldn't make something new, and unique? Hell I would have accepted a prototype ISWP easily over this.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
domino

I like Bryant's assumption. Seems legit.

Otherwise, could this be a modification of the Grey Astray done by the Phantom Pain? I have to wonder why some other organization would be utilizing the Noir Striker pack afterall. Heck, would be interesting if Sven was the pilot as well.
Gone Astray

From what I understand, Sven isn't the pilot, though that would be interesting. The pilot's another mercenary, he's got a black suit and red gloves, apparently to match his MS (which I think is a tacky fashion decision).

The swords look kind of interesting, but I don't know. Clearly I'm a fan of the Astrays, but this one's about as ugly as the Mirage Frame, though without that one's ridiculous charm.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
toysdream

According to the profile text, the Astray Noir is a reproduction created as part of the Actaeon Project (like the Strike E, Nero Blitz, etc.). Even before the project began, Dante Gordigiani intended it for use in his personal vendetta against Gai.

As well as the Noir Striker, which gives it improved mid-air mobility, it's also equipped with Dante's unique sword-pistols.

-- Mark
E08

Bryant Molirse wrote:More then likely, the long rumored, occasionally mention, Grey Frame Astray. Seeing as all the other Astrays had their own gimmicks, Gold Being able to use Orb, and Omni weapons due to dual power plugs, Blue being setup computer wise to easily accept mission oriented equipment/modifications, Red, I don't remember, but whatever. Watch Grey is just the pack version unit. Yay Retcon, but seriously Noir? Noir? They couldn't make something new, and unique? Hell I would have accepted a prototype ISWP easily over this.
Actually, the fifth Astray unit was revealed to be modifed into Mirage Frame some time ago. The use of Noir Striker is mostly likely due to some kind of adaptor like the one on Outframe. Oh and the Astray are originally meant to be able to use some kind of optional backpack equipment, hence the sliding backpack design. However, the developers scrap the idea pretty soon and M1 Astray got stuck with the flight pack.
Bryant Molirse

E08 wrote:Actually, the fifth Astray unit was revealed to be modifed into Mirage Frame some time ago. The use of Noir Striker is mostly likely due to some kind of adaptor like the one on Outframe. Oh and the Astray are originally meant to be able to use some kind of optional backpack equipment, hence the sliding backpack design. However, the developers scrap the idea pretty soon and M1 Astray got stuck with the flight pack.
I thought Mirage Frame was another knock off like this one. A copy made by someone else, and modified into a hideous abomination of a transforming mobile suit, with absolutely no redeeming value, like all the other Carbon Human Clones machines. (no offense to anyone who actually like those designs). Then again all the machines made since the Impulse msv's for seed have been awful accept one or two. Oh, and for the most part, the stuff that comes out of the line art section are better looking then that. While I might not agree with all the combinations I have done for people on a design aspect, at least they were a bit more original then sticking a Noir Striker on a Astray lol. :P
Dark Duel

Mirage Frame's backstory confirmed that it was created from the as-yet unassembled MBF-P05. So Mirage Frame IS (or WAS) the long-rumored fifth Astray.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Bryant Molirse

Oh well, since there is this Actaeon copy, they'll always be more bad redo's popping up. What happened to people being creative?
Gone Astray

Bryant Molirse wrote:Oh well, since there is this Actaeon copy, they'll always be more bad redo's popping up. What happened to people being creative?
Money, dear boy, just like with the VS Astray designs (which I thought were awesome due to their ludicrousness: "Hey, let's rearrange some parts on these old kits and sell 'em again, those idiots will buy anything as long as it's Gundam!"). But this one, on the other hand, is a black, grey, and red Astray with pistol swords and is piloted by someone named Dante, who has a vendetta against Gai.

This is a tragic fanfic character and design.

Wait, damn, this wraps it around into unintentional camp. This could be very entertaining.

Sidenote: Did we ever know anything about the Mirage Frame before it was modified, or does the info stop at it being the fifth unit?
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Xenosynth

True, but at the same time given how they've gonna against making new NG seed kits, unless they made a HG of this guy which I also doubt, i don't think it's even gonna be made for Gunpla. At least they keep all the carbon copies that aren't custom colors in the crappy model lines. But yeah, either way the more I hear about this guy the less I like it. And I already thought it was a stupid idea.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify, I didn't mean that the other attempts weren't cheap attempts at making models (the Vs Astray), but what I mean is, since then, they haven't really done that with the other model lines as of recently, and I don't see them going back to SEED anytime soon, is more what I meant.
Evex

I think its said in VS Astray that the red frame had become so popular, that the junk guild started selling appearance kits to make the Rayasta look like the red frame. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this suit its self was just a rayasta with an appearance kit, and Actaeon just modified a rayasta to be more in line with the Astray Gundams themselves. After all the rayasta is basically a civilian version of the Astray frames.