Valvrave: mecha discution and speculation

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Valvrave: mecha discution and speculation

Let's discuss and speculate on the mecha of AOTY!

http://www.valvrave.com/mechanic/

+++++JIOR

-Valvrave units general specs:
*Also called Primate Weapons
*Produced in secrecy by the ''Agency'' part of JIOR
*First mech in the universe to have a humanoid appearance
*Uses a Primate Frame, hence the modularity
*Foot Spikes for stability and walking on 0G enviroment
*Custom sentient OS interface
*Anti-theft system
*Armor alloy is called VLC Polymer(white color when deactivated unit, black color when activated by a pilot)
*The green neon parts are called Senses Nerve, exact function unknown
*Runs on a RAVE engine
*Might be alien tech
*The energy emitted from wrists and ankles has an unique ability of becoming solid for a few moments, thus allowing for both attack and defense. Ability is called 硬質残光(Hard afterglow?) and also doubles as a powerful thruster
*The pilot becomes a ''Magius'' when he activates it, granting him the ''Jack'' ability
*Standard weaponry seems to be: Variable Vulcans on the head, Fold Sickles (2, stored on armpits) and Light Rays on wrists(unconfirmed if it's the transparent energy emitter or a vulcan like barrel on the back of the hand)

-Valvrave I(Hito): all purpose unit(melee, range, defense). Has an overheat mode (666) where it harnesses the energy of the RAVE Engine and uses it to achieve devastating energy attacks.
*Weapons: Z Edge both short and long(up to 4, stored on the hips); Fold Sickle (2, stored on armpits); Strike Brace(1, solid shield that can also attack); Volc Arm, large Handgun that fires energy stakes, runs on a magazine that holds cylindrical ammo(1, can be stored on rear waist); ヴルトガ(Vurutoga or Vultoga), Volc Arm customized with additional parts and rails allowing to mount every single Valvrave I weapon on it plus a large Scythe under the barrel (1, can be stored on rear waist, also doubles as spare weapons).

-Valvrave III (Hikaminari): yellow, power type, the arm is actually a device called the Armstronger Cannon but it is actually neither an arm nor a cannon but actually a superpower device. Model kit also mentions something called Chain Saucer, its handheld weapon perhaps.

-Valvrave IV (Hinowa): green, high speed. Equipped with the superpower device Spinder Knuckle on its shoulders, appear to function as a yo-yo. Has leg-like units on the back to enhance mobility.

-Valvrave V (Hiuchiba): blue, extra armor all over. Defense type superpower device called IMP, the extra armor has clear parts made out of something called Clear Fossil that is tougher than the regular armor. Has 2 crossbow like devices on the forearms that fire small energy shots.

-Valvrave VI (Hiasobi): indigo, mysterious. Its superpower device is the 森羅万象(All the Creation?) which uses a lot of Senses Nerves but what it does is unknown. Has a staff according to the OP.

***If the colors are based on the rainbow then II will be orange and VII purple.

+++++Dorrsia

-Waffe: Dolsia's main MP model equipped with large shield Eisen Geist, chest extending beam weapon Dqny Cannon. Comes in manned and unmanned form. Usually one manned and two unmanned Waffes form a single squad. Arms can equip beam, kinetic and melee weapon units. Known arm options are:

*Seen:
-Beam Gatling, official lineart for Manned Waffe
-Gatling gun, ep1
-Machine Claw, ep1
-Missile Pod, official lineart for Unmanned Waffe
-Dqny Cannon, ep 1, retractable beam cannon on chest
-Eisen Geist, ep1, shields
-Beam Buster, ep4, A-drei controlled ones

*Unseen
-Rocket Launcher
-Drill Lance
-Manipulator Arm

http://imageshack.us/f/42/vlcsnap2013050713h04m12.png/

-Unmanned Waffe: Remote controlled Waffes. Specs are lower than manned models but they're easier to produce and still effective.

-Ideal-class mechanized annhilator: One of Dorrsia's strategic-class weapons. Though large has overwhelming mobility in space, and enough power to overturn traditional concepts of weapons. Variations exist for commanders and ace pilots. Arms can be interchangeable, plus hardpoints on rear skirt and wings. The following armament options have been shown:

*Wired Claw thats doubles as a energy cannon for both rapid and charged shots: A-drei, X-Eins
*Cylindrical pod holding MANY missiles(can be manually controlled after firing): A-drei
*Cylindrical pod holding MANY missiles plus an energy cannon on the front, substitutes Wired Claws: Q-Vier
*Roman Candle Missile Container plus MANY Laser emitters, substitutes Wired Claws: H-Neun
*Curved pod holding MANY Laser emitters: H-Neun
*Long barrel energy cannon: X-Eins
*Unknown type of gun, substitutes Wired Claws: X-Eins
*Rear mounted Laser emitters: Q-Vier
*Lots of Unmanned Waffe units, stored on wings and rear hardpoints: A-drei.

-Walkit Class heavy space cruiser: Battleship. Lots of powerful Energy Cannons plus smaller AA guns. Has special catapults for Waffe Units and can hold up to 4 Ideals somewhere.

+++++ARUS

-Splicer Z Type: ARUS fighter for all terrain. Has a flexible beam gun that can fire from any position, stored in its main wings. Different types of multiwings can be attached to the main core block and the Z-type is a high speed model. Shown to have 4 Flexible Beam Guns so far.

-Splicer G Type: G-type has wider multiwings and is equipped with more kinetic weapons, functioning as a bomber. G and Z types can be found on JIOR and Z types engaged the Dorrsia when they invaded. Carries 6 missiles, has 2 rear mounted machine guns and 2 front mounted Flexible Beam Guns.

http://imageshack.us/a/img811/6813/vlcs ... h11m57.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/5480/vlcs ... h55m36.png

Large battleship: name unknown, shown to have at least a center mounted powerful energy cannon.

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/2749/vlcsn ... h25m06.png

Medium battleship: name unknown, carries lots of Splicer launched on custom catapults. Has 4 3-Barrel Energy Cannons on the sides, a center mounted powerful energy cannon and 4 9-Barrel Missile Launcher on the front.

http://imageshack.us/a/img402/5846/vlcs ... h41m01.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img16/3743/vlcsn ... h58m02.png

####Lastly can someone help me identify to which designer belongs each mech?

Kenji Teraoka>Ideal?
Kunio Okawara>Waffe?
Makoto Ishiwata (Polygon Bangcho)>Valvraves?
Naohiro Washio>Warship?
Takashi Miyamoto>Warship?
Takayuki Yanase>Splicer?

So what do guys thinks of the unseen Valvrave II and VII? Can a Ideal be a match for a Valvrave? Will ARUS use something more powerful than paper armored planes? Speculate away!
Last edited by balofo on Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: Valvrave: mecha discution and speculation

I like the ARUS ships but there is no info on them from the website

only the small fighters
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Gone Astray

What proof do we have of there being a seventh Valvrave? My immediate reaction to it was it was purple, not indigo, and we don't have a big neon sign that says, "MISSING UNIT IN SEQUENCE." Unless there's a news bit that I missed that says we've got a confirmed set of seven, that's needless speculation.

The names appended to each Valvrave are apparently significant, but I'm not going to mangle them through Google Translate. But the alternate names all having something to do with fire, likely a reference to their engines going into that overdrive mode.

Well, okay, I lied, I translated Six's name, which means "playing with fire." Its special equipment's name is a poetic way of saying "the world."
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
balofo

Gone Astray wrote:What proof do we have of there being a seventh Valvrave? My immediate reaction to it was it was purple, not indigo, and we don't have a big neon sign that says, "MISSING UNIT IN SEQUENCE." Unless there's a news bit that I missed that says we've got a confirmed set of seven, that's needless speculation.
Needless speculation???? 7 Valvraves is the most sensible speculation one can make, and the colors are a given since it follows the scientific order of the rainbow colors. Therefore II will be Orange and VII should be Violet. The official website does say Purple (紫) for VI but the color presented is Violet, a mistake perhaps? Or artistic license, since the other colors are generally darker than the base color.

Whether there will be more than 7 or MP models in the future is a less sensible speculation with the info we have now. But I will bet on MP Valvraves for the superpowers during the 2nd cour in October.

Regarding the japanese name for the Valvraves I have this translation. Oh yeah, I liked your speculation about the name corresponding to the Overheat Mode of each unit.

1: Hito (Man of Fire)
3: Hikaminari (Fire-Thunder)
4: Hinowa (Circle of Fire)
5: Hiuchiba (Wings of Fire)
6: Hiasobi (Playing with FIre)
Gone Astray

balofo wrote:Needless speculation???? 7 Valvraves is the most sensible speculation one can make, and the colors are a given since it follows the scientific order of the rainbow colors. Therefore II will be Orange and VII should be Violet. The official website does say Purple (紫) for VI but the color presented is Violet, a mistake perhaps? Or artistic license, since the other colors are generally darker than the base color.
Six Valvraves is what we know. We have no reason to suspect they're going to pull out a seventh, they don't have to adhere to a seven color gradient just because that gradient exists. At this point, the most sensible speculation is that Two will be orange, because it fits into the sequence we have established for us, but they could make it pink or grey or silver if they desired.
Regarding the japanese name for the Valvraves I have this translation. Oh yeah, I liked your speculation about the name corresponding to the Overheat Mode of each unit.

1: Hito (Man of Fire)
3: Hikaminari (Fire-Thunder)
4: Hinowa (Circle of Fire)
5: Hiuchiba (Wings of Fire)
6: Hiasobi (Playing with FIre)
I want to say the names have some symbolic meaning to them, since they're written in two ways in the profiles, but thus far, they seem to basically be references to their general equipment, plus their overheat abilities. "Spindle Knuckle" is probably the intended name for Four's weapon, instead of "Spinder."
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
balofo

It might be Spindle Knuckle, at least makes sense.

Valvrave VII might be still with the ''Agency'' and will appear later. Since L-Elf most likely will get II, VII might be the final boss
yazi88

So we're missing Valvrave unit 2 and supposedly a unit 7...
Gone Astray

If there's supplementary material that says we're going to see a seventh unit, then do let me know. Otherwise, this is how unnecessary rumors get started. English-speaking fans have enough trouble with getting official information, we don't need to start this nonsense about a very hypothetical seventh Valvrave based upon a scientific spectrum that the production team is in no way obligated to follow. But if you're still set on this, you should know that most color scientists don't even bother with separating indigo, they just lump it in with violet, so a seven color model is outdated, anyways.
balofo

Small update while we wait for VVV IV debut:

1-ALL Valvrave units have 2 Fold Sickles stored on their armpits(even VI). Fold Sickles are therefore standard fixed weaponry for VVV units.
2-Added pics for the 2 kinds of ARUS ships, the medium one also has Large Energy cannon on its center.
3-The Beam Gatling is actually SHOWN on the Manned Waffe lineart, I missed it along the Fold Sickles on all VVVs.
4-Added pics for the weaponry of the Splicer G. The Beam Guns are officially called Flexible Beam Guns. The lineart on the site is for JIOR ones, the pics show the ARUS colors
balofo

Uncle balofo always delivers!

Detailed lineart reveals EVEN more weapons for VVV I!!! This thing is armed to the teeth! Also confirmation on many other things!

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/88/019uqq.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img835/1438/282kf.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img850/1383/283d.jpg

1)3 mecha designers and their creations confirmed: Makoto Ishiwata did all Valvraves, Kunio Okawara did the Waffes and Takayuki Yanase did the Splicers.
2)Lineart and confirmation for ALL the Waffe hand armament options.
3)Splicer Z Type confirmed to have rear mounted hidden Vulcans like the G Type. Subarm Vulcan on the smaller wings and Beam Rifle Aperture(if it's the kanji I know) on the large ones.
4)Valvrave I gets 2 new weapons:
-Bladed Baiken, large scythe stored folded on the Vurutoga, can be used by itself by detaching and unfolding it. Has some gimmick on the hilt/pommel whatever
-Meteor Plate, bladed boomerang stored folded on the Vurutoga, can be used by itself by detaching and unfolding it
-Therefore the Vurutoga is 3 weapons combined: Volc Arm+Bladed Baiken+Meteor Plate. Plus all the other extra weaponry attached to it
5)Some more details on VVV I
-The tip of the fingers can slide. Shining Finger?
-Strike Brace can hold 3 additional ammo cylinders for the Volc Arm.
-Confirmation on all the hardpoints
balofo

Valvrave IV debut: crazy maneuver abilities. The 6 six legs on the back can create solid discs to be used as stepping stones for dodge maneuvers. They also have crazy propulsion power.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2654 ... 708212.jpg

Valvrave IV seems to be lightly armed so far: 2 Spindle Knuckles(can be charged and are strong enough to destroy an Ideal in 1 hit) and 2 Fold Sickles.

Also we see Waffes with other hand options and VVV I using the Strike Brace and Volc Arm.

AOTY!
balofo

Update time!

1)VVV IV runs on a RAVE Mirror Engine(even the future one), therefore only VVV I runs on a original RAVE Engine? If so, that explains it's 666 Mode and the fact that it was isolated from the others and having its engine being tempered with during ep. 1. Could also explain enemy units using mirror ones in the future or even MP models.

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/8101/vlcsn ... h52m14.png

2)VVV IV back legs are officially called Multileg Spines and function in 3 pairs. The future VVV IV has the Condemnation Mirage Ability(solid Bunshin) and 2 small spheres that hold coolant to cool the unit down stored on waist hardpoints.

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/2122/vlcs ... h27m01.png

3)New future transformable Royal Guard mech shown. Has 12! beam cannons total(2 on each hand, 2 on each foot, 2 on MA form eyes, and 2 on wings). Obviously another Okawara design.

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6417/vlcsna ... h53m04.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/9641/vlcs ... h53m59.png

4)Confirmation on English names for the VVV I weapons. Also clarification on 2 fixed weapons for all VVV models: Variable Vulcans fire solid shells while Hand Ray is indeed the small barrel on the back of the hand and it fires antipersonnel lasers!

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/9901/1369358846665.jpg

5)VVV III weapons explanation: Chain Saucers are the shoulder mounted mid range support cannons. It also has a back container to store weapons, contents currently unknown. It seems the Armstronger Canons can detach into 4 smaller arms each, it's going to have crazy abilities!

6)Ideal details: has a head escaped pod and can equip electromagnetic boomerang launchers on the Claws for capture missions.

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/5793/vlcsn ... h10m52.png

7)2 Custom Waffes have appeared: A-Drei's with an eye-patch and Q-Vier's with custom paint job on the shield(same marking as his Ideal). Also notice the Beam Gatlings being used on screen with a different animation effect from the solid firing one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img811/1496/vlcs ... h11m24.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img28/8925/vlcsn ... h10m11.png

**Lastly, 7 Valvrave units are confirmed with the Golden Seven. II is guaranteed to be orange, what are your guesses for the 7th VVV unit(could be VII or 0)?

Gone Astay status: TOLD!
Gone Astray

balofo wrote:**Lastly, 7 Valvrave units are confirmed with the Golden Seven. II is guaranteed to be orange, what are your guesses for the 7th VVV unit(could be VII or 0)?

Uh, not exactly, since my stance was that we shouldn't be needlessly speculating when we really didn't have anything substantial to go off of, not that there weren't any future Valvraves waiting in the wings. Now that we do, I'm quite comfortable with there being an additional unrevealed unit.

But I've clearly missed the mention of the Golden Seven, though it seems just about everyone else hasn't. Was it mentioned in the future bit, or is it in an interview or press release or something?
balofo

Gone Astray wrote:
balofo wrote:**Lastly, 7 Valvrave units are confirmed with the Golden Seven. II is guaranteed to be orange, what are your guesses for the 7th VVV unit(could be VII or 0)?

Uh, not exactly, since my stance was that we shouldn't be needlessly speculating when we really didn't have anything substantial to go off of, not that there weren't any future Valvraves waiting in the wings. Now that we do, I'm quite comfortable with there being an additional unrevealed unit.

But I've clearly missed the mention of the Golden Seven, though it seems just about everyone else hasn't. Was it mentioned in the future bit, or is it in an interview or press release or something?
Future segment at the start.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5561 ... h52m41.png
Gone Astray

Alright, then it would appear this computer I've been using has been even worse about video lag than I thought, which is awesome. Thank god for screencaps.

Also, why are those future mechs transforming into cow skulls? The Waffes and Ideals have very straightforward designs, and then we get another one that's... well, about as campy as the first six episodes were.
wielder

Gone Astray wrote:Also, why are those future mechs transforming into cow skulls? The Waffes and Ideals have very straightforward designs, and then we get another one that's... well, about as campy as the first six episodes were.
I'd guess we could speculate that after almost 200 years the design philosophy has moved in a completely different direction. Probably motivated by the need to escalate against the Valvrave units, or at least that's one of the factors I can imagine.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
bullethead

Gone Astray wrote:Also, why are those future mechs transforming into cow skulls? The Waffes and Ideals have very straightforward designs, and then we get another one that's... well, about as campy as the first six episodes were.
Psychological warfare? Theoretically facing a bunch of flying cow skulls in space would be terrifying, unless you're a Valvrave pilot.
Gelgoog Jager

The Golden Seven indication seems to point a couple of things:

-The two unseen Valvraves are probably also on the same colony.
-All Valvraves end up used by people of New Jior.

I must say that I was pretty convinced that at least one Valvrave was probably going to end in the hands of the captain of the Dorssian warship, who seems to know more about the Valvraves than he is willing to tell. But given that the Red Valvrave seems to be the original, I do can see him focusing on trying to get that one instead.
balofo

Each episode, more details!

1)We're getting a new custom Ideal next ep, notice the new claws for capture equipped on the wings. Our options for the pilot are:
-Kriemild's
-Cain's
-L-Elf's abandoned unit, used by Dorrsia
-New ace/commander from new squad

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/639/vlcsn ... h34m59.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1954/vlcs ... h34m41.png

2)We may have the first look on a possible new VVV unit. Could be II, VII, 0 or the future final boss.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3665 ... 735946.jpg

3)New Missile Container option for the Ideal, carries many pointy missiles

http://imageshack.us/a/img254/4679/vlcs ... h31m39.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/3260/vlcsna ... h36m19.png

4)L-Elf custom(?) silver colored Splicer Z Type with a new small beam cannon that appears to be localized on the nose. Funny how the colors don't match in the different shots

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/9311/vlcs ... h31m56.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img254/5626/vlcs ... h31m44.png

5)VVV I finally used the Variable Vulcans which fire green energy shots, not solid as I said before. Blame jp wiki!

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/7341/vlcs ... h48m06.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/7074/vlcs ... h48m13.png

6)VVV I also has selectable Volc Arm power levels! S1, S2 and S3(most powerful).

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1118/vlcs ... h30m35.png

7)Either a transport boat or a detachable part of a Walkit cruiser used to carry ground troops

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/5909/vlcs ... h17m52.png

**Get hyper for both VVV III and V debuts in the next ep. Also the 1/144 model of III is releasing on the 8th, expect manual info
Arbiter GUNDAM

Gone Astray wrote: Its special equipment's name is a poetic way of saying "the world."
ZA WARUDO!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion