MS Encyclopedia 2013 edition

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

MS Encyclopedia 2013 edition

Last was 2009, since it releases every 3 years, aren't we supposed to get one this year?
Last edited by balofo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChroniK

Re: Where's the new edition of MS Encyclopedia?

I bet they plan on releasing it around Christmas.
"They have been waiting all this time. Waiting while time stood still around them. However, time has begun to flow again. Because of Cardeas Vist's actions." - Full Frontal
balofo

转眼之间又是三年,大家十分熟悉的MS大全集的新版又要出了。不过这次较往年有所不同,分了两个版本:《机动战士GUNDAM MS大全集2013》(售价1680日元)与《机动战士GUNDAM MS大全集2013(完全版)》(售价3360日元),两者皆预定于12月25日发售
It's coming! In 2 volumes as expectd.
E08

Not 2 volumes but 2 version. 1) MS Encyclopedia 2013 and 2)MS Encyclopedia 2013 (complete edition)
BlackLion

I wonder if they'll include some new info on Frozen Teardrop suits?

Or just maybe... some G-Saviour
AmuroNT1

I wouldn't hold my breath on either of those. They aren't going to reveal anything about the FT stuff before the novel itself does, and it's been stated that Sunrise just doesn't like thinking or talking about G-Saviour.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Newtype87

What's the difference between the two editions? Like, do they say what is added to the Complete Edition?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
balofo

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/4536/1356197325575.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img594/6324/1356197997157.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img688/4601/1356199454332.jpg

Released. They finally got some stats right but got other wrong, latest UC MSV stuff complete with stats, Model booklet variations including Beta Azieru for the first time ever.
Calubin_175

The Delta Kai specs appears to be new. Hope there is something of the Stein.
Bryant Molirse

I want the complete version. *drools* Hopefully I can order a copy of it.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
Deacon Blues

I'd like confirmation from the book (before I buy it maybe) as to whether or not it's "Heavy Hawk" or "Heavy Fork" for that giant land battleship from MS IGLOO. The Ship Encyclopedia lists it as Heavy Hawk, so I'm inclined to go with that, but... Heavy Fork would be a pretty funny pun.
AmuroNT1

I think there was a ship called the Heavy Fork in Gundam Legacy, but I could be wrong.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Dendrobium Stamen

The Federation land battleship Heavy Fork appears in MS Igloo 2 during the Odessa Campaign episode - whether the official translation will come down on the side of Fork or Hawk will be an interesting question.

Given its shape, and the existence of the land battleship Big Tray in the Federation's arsenal, I personally favour the Fork option :roll:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
toysdream

They've never included ships and vehicles in the MS Encyclopedia. Presumably that's why Media Works compiled a separate book for them!

Technically, the kana they use (ヘビィ・フォーク) would indicate it's "fork". That フォ compound is used almost exclusively for representing western sounds that begin with "fo". フォーク is the standard kana spelling for "folk" or "fork", while "hawk" is written in kana as ホーク. (For example, in the case of "heat hawk".) So "Heavy Folk" would be weird but legitimate interpretation; "Heavy Hawk" really isn't.

-- Mark
Dendrobium Stamen

toysdream wrote:Technically, the kana they use (ヘビィ・フォーク) would indicate it's "fork". That フォ compound is used almost exclusively for representing western sounds that begin with "fo". フォーク is the standard kana spelling for "folk" or "fork", while "hawk" is written in kana as ホーク. (For example, in the case of "heat hawk".) So "Heavy Folk" would be weird but legitimate interpretation; "Heavy Hawk" really isn't.

-- Mark
A Heavy Folk class would imply that, prior to Operation V, the Federation's dominant land weapons were the obese... :roll:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Deacon Blues

toysdream wrote:They've never included ships and vehicles in the MS Encyclopedia. Presumably that's why Media Works compiled a separate book for them!

Technically, the kana they use (ヘビィ・フォーク) would indicate it's "fork". That フォ compound is used almost exclusively for representing western sounds that begin with "fo". フォーク is the standard kana spelling for "folk" or "fork", while "hawk" is written in kana as ホーク. (For example, in the case of "heat hawk".) So "Heavy Folk" would be weird but legitimate interpretation; "Heavy Hawk" really isn't.

-- Mark
I'm well aware construction of foreign words in Japanese as I am bilingual (trilingual if you would like to include French) after all. However, when it comes to naming schemes, as we all know, your typical (meaning our common sense ones) go straight out the window. I guess for the time being, since Media Works spelled it that way in their book that's what'll have to be utilized. They were spot on with a vast majority of their interpretations anyways. フォーク as hawk does have a few if not bizarre renditions as hawk (at least according to Google and several Japanese blogs) *shrug*

Heavy Folk could be a pun on its size, but as descriptions state it isn't much bigger than the Big Tray anyways. But, Heavy Fork could just be where they were making a fabulous pun after all. Bah. Damn their names.
AmuroNT1

Why do the entries on Knight Gundam and its FA form say they originate from the PS3 "Gundam Senki" (AKA 0081)?

Chris
Administrator

Nice...full size lineart for AGE game wears. Too bad those variations don't have model numbers.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Xenosynth

The Musha Gundam also has Gundam Senki as the name with 'PS2' listed. Really really weird error. Maybe they meant to put Musou.