MS-07 Cockpit Windows?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
LordDarthRevan

MS-07 Cockpit Windows?

Hey everyone,

I have always wondered about the two(or more, or less) orange things on the cockpit hatch of most MS-07 models. From what I've seen in the anime, they don't seem to be transparent (Amuro couldn't tell Ramba Ral was the Gouf pilot until he cut the cockpit open). However, on the master grade models of the Gouf Custom and the Gouf ver. 2, they appear to be transparent, orange windows. I've never bee much of a modeler, so I've only seen the model pictures and they're not really clear. So, do any of you know? Are the orange things reall windows? And, if they are indeed windows, why on eath would there be windows on the cockpit? It seems like that would make it much easier to disable a Gouf.
Malcadon

Re: MS-07 Cockpit Windows?

That is neat. I always figured they where just windows for torso mounted senses.

If might be both. Like with the visored senor-clusters on a VOTOM Scopedog, being able to remove a damaged senor-set for the pilot's own (highly vulnerable) eyes would keep the pilot from being blinded when the head and torso senses go out. Just pray that the feds are not packing flares. *FLASH* :shock:
reeoyuy

I think they're just yellow-painted accent originally. But since Master Grade line put emphasis on details, they made it clear so it looks mechanical or just plain cool. which I approve because it does look cool. I could be wrong though, maybe it's retconned somehow.
Ceiling_Squid

Huh. Odd. I never even noticed that.

I'm pretty sure they were originally intended to be just mere color accents. I doubt windows, but maybe the MG is trying to suggest that those are some of the "backup cameras" that a lot of MS are touted to possess but are rarely shown?

Or maybe it's just that the MG did that to look cool. At this point I'm just speculating.
mcred23

Ceiling_Squid wrote:Or maybe it's just that the MG did that to look cool. At this point I'm just speculating.
Almost certainly this. It's not uncommon for model kits to add or change things just for the cool factor.

Like it was said, they aren't shown to be windows in the original series (Amuro doesn't see through them, and Ramba Ral isn't shown viewing out of them, nor do they seem like anything other than armor in later episodes), nor do they seem to be on some of the variants like the Gouf Custom or various others, some of which don't have the orange panels at all (See the Heavy Arms, and both the MS-07H and MS-07H-4 Flight types).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')