The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

I hope more information will come out to explain how the Gundam Delta Chi is honoured with the name "Gundam". It is probably like the S Gundam which was created in parallel with the ZZ Gundam, but still had its own innovative technology, i.e the Alice System.

The PS3 game has augmented the ReZEL and Delta Plus designs with makeshift like landing gears, kind of reminds me of the Asshimar landing gears in Zeta Movie 1.
Deacon Blues

Calubin_175 wrote:I hope more information will come out to explain how the Gundam Delta Chi is honoured with the name "Gundam". It is probably like the S Gundam which was created in parallel with the ZZ Gundam, but still had its own innovative technology, i.e the Alice System.

The PS3 game has augmented the ReZEL and Delta Plus designs with makeshift like landing gears, kind of reminds me of the Asshimar landing gears in Zeta Movie 1.

FYI, it's not Chi. It's Delta Gundam Kai. I don't know where this "Chi" comes from.
balofo

http://www.gundam.info/topic/6787

Explanation on the background and creation of the Delta Kai
GlauG

Deacon Blues wrote: FYI, it's not Chi. It's Delta Gundam Kai. I don't know where this "Chi" comes from.
Isn't it the victim of a terrible pun? The X in the model name is "Chi," pronounced the Greek way reads as "Kai", so it's transliterated that way in Katakana.

Edit: Derp, romanised? Not what I meant.
/( ‿‿ )\
Arsarcana

If they wanted it to be the Delta Chi, they'd have put it in the name but they didn't, they called it the Kai. That X in the model number is just an X, like every other time it shows up. Plus, giving a suit two Greek letters in its name would be pretty silly now wouldn't it?

As for where the Chi comes from, a quick check shows that somebody on Gundam Wiki asserted that the Kai was supposed to be Chi (with no source, natch) and people probably saw it there and assumed the wiki actually knows what it's talking about. Seems like there's been back and forth editing on the point, go figure.
Homeless

For what it's worth, plugging "カイ" into Jisho does pull Chi as the top result.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
balofo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytLHRpE4KM

Delta Kai story mission, anything interesting dialogue wise?

The Proto Fin Funnel fires a blue shotgun like beam. Are the Explosive Bolts a melee weapon?
Calubin_175

It fought a simulation battle against the Delta Plus, followed by Geara Dogas and Jegans belonging to unknown space pirates.
OGx3

new stuff on the UC Game site http://uc.channel.or.jp/
also new pictures of

RGZ-95 ReZEL (Defenser B-Unit)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 67G089.jpg

RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 890445.jpg

MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _03898.jpg
Zeeks up, Feddies down
that's hood talk for i like the Zeon more then the Federation
Calubin_175

According to Gundam Fact File 15, the Psycho Frame article describes the Kshatriya and the other 0093 psycho frame equipped MS to have this special material applied onto the cockpit only and possibly also the joint areas. The Unicorn Gundam on the other hand has the entire movable frame built will the material, but then I think only certain areas will glow.

The Sinanju is a partial psycho frame model, and judging from the text from GPF 07, it can be said that it applies the psycho frame at a higher rate than that of the RX-93, but cannot be completely confirmed. The Mass Production Nu Gundam might have had the psycho frame applied as well.

For the Kshatriya's psycho-frame, it is assumed to be from prototype batch provisioned by Anaheim to the Neo Zeo back in 0093 (GPF 03). If that's the case, then the grade of material used on the Sinanju and the Unicorn might have been more advanced.
EleSigma

Probably already been answered but I wonder if the Delta Kai's paint scheme is a homage to the G3 Gundam and/or the Zeta Gundam Type 3 from Green Divers? Speaking of which, all of these machines are the third variations of the Gundam design they were based on so that's another link if it is the case.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Calubin_175

The Zaku I's sniper rifle has been upgraded to fire rapidly, which brings the need for provisional barrels.
Homeless

balofo

No new MS profile this month, so

April: Rozen Zulu and General Revil(?)
May: Suprise MS
Spoiler
(Z Plus)
DuelGundam2099

More likely Barzam since that was the winner of that fan service poll a couple months ago.
J-Lead

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
More likely Barzam since that was the winner of that fan service poll a couple months ago.
True, but I expect the Z Plus to make an appearance regardless, given the battle takes place in the sky, where it's practically at home. It did rank pretty high in the pole, anyway... 2nd place, I think.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
balofo

Last edited by balofo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toysdream

Wow, those are very tiny thumbnails. Your eyesight must be way better than mine. ;-)

-- Mark
AnimeMun

If you click the thumbnail it blows up to a full size Mark.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!