The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

nacho-wan wrote:The vegans technology is quite far beyond the Feddies. The AGE system would have to work overtime to match the Zeyda and its Red Rider Kick. I hardly could believe that the Doble Bullet would fit the bill as Asemu's and Zeaheart's duel is about close quarter.

Does anybody else gets the vibe that the Age 1 bites the dust in the next episode? (Yes I know the one blowing in the preview is the Age-2 but that just justification for bringing the Dual Bullet).
I have a feeling that the AGE-1 and AGE-2 are dueling in a simulator battle. It might be a case of Flit and Asemu sparring and Flit teaching his son a lesson on how an X-Rounder and skilled pilot can beat him even in a far inferior suit. Afterall, in the scene we saw the AGE-2 getting blown up, it was done by a pink beam rather than a yellow one (even if the scene prior to that shows the Zeydra apparently shooting at something; the angles may be similar but the beams are not the same so its two different scenes).

There's always the chance that the AGE-1 got hijacked but I find that very unlikely for some reason, nor do I find the scenario that Asemu and Flit have a real falling out that causes them to go head to head with each other in a real battle by the next episode (falling out will likely occur much later). A real training battle might be too costly too since its not like their using the stun weapons like with Flit and Woolf in Gen I, the explosions that we saw are pretty damaging/costly for a real life training spar. That being said, the beams are placed very strategically since it misses the torso, so it really sets the setting for a new Wear introduction and/or Asemu surviving if its a real battle but as I said, I am of the opinion that its unlikely to be one.

I don't really get the feeling that the real AGE-1 will bite the dust yet.
Shinji_Shinigami

it may not really bite the dust, but still even with flit being an more expierienced pilot it still has its physical limits, even though it was upgraded over the years. It may be on the level of the G-bouncer or even higher but until its not getting something more i have the feeling it would not be capable of standing against the new lines of enemy suits.

Why do i get the feeling of seeing something like this?:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/FA-78-1_Gu ... Armor_Type
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/FA-78-1B_G ... mor_Type-B
nacho-wan

I don't konw, I see more possible an aile pack sort of upgrade so the Age-1 could keep to the agility and speed of the modern Vegan units. Maybe some massive thrusters a la Tallgeese?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
SonicSP

A Full Armor type sounds neat actually, if only to give the pilot a better chance of kicking ass. That being said, we don't know whether its getting an upgrade in mech performance or not only at minimum that its getting an upgrade in the sense that its not going to need to use the AGE System anymore. I suspect that wear change is more likely than add-ons to the torso though.

Or maybe just make it into this:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... a4/666.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 19_000.jpg

In a sense, its the only alternate wear of AGE-1 so far that is not close combat oriented.
Last edited by SonicSP on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinji_Shinigami

is this some offical intel? would be kinda awesome even though it looks like some crossing between freedom and 00.
DuelGundam2099

Congratulations! Your dorado has evolved into....... Whatever that is!
SonicSP

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:is this some offical intel? would be kinda awesome even though it looks like some crossing between freedom and 00.
You mean those pics I posted? That's the Phoenix wear used by Daiki's AGE-1 from Treasure Star sidestory.
DuelGundam2099

I guess this mobile suit will prove that the Gundam Age killed the dinosaurs.
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I guess this mobile suit will prove that the Gundam Age killed the dinosaurs.
I thought it was Choryujin that did that.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Not well enough as Getter Robo had to finish the job. :P
SonicSP

They didn't kill the dinosaurs, they harvested them and turned them into mobile armor husks.

The new guy here is one case in point.
AnimeMun

Oh no....they just got mechanized and sent to the planet Zi! Yes I made a Zoids joke....
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Arsarcana

Hey, I liked Zoids as a kid.

Anyhow, looks like the next entry in the Zedas/Zeydra line has an Epyon-esque whip for a tail instead of the blade. I can get behind that.
reeoyuy

A spear and whip-like tail. Give it some ridiculous wings and paint in Khronos color, and we'll have Anubis from ZOE.
quasadra

its a DRAGON! i dont understand how can you all can ridicule that.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
VentZX

Heecarl_Reez wrote:http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/625386/index

now it has sneak peak of gen 3 enemy, and HG Age-3 Normal.
Judging by the pose and proportions, that's likely the AG AGE-3 Normal, and not the HG. It just looks too stiff.
yazi88

Still no news of the 2nd variation form of AGE 2? Cause didn't we already get some pics of both the alternate forms of AGE 3?
Arsarcana

No names but yeah, we got a rough look at the designs and roles of two wear parts for the AGE-3. The second generation gave us a stealth sister so perhaps there's a stealth wear part waiting in the wings too?
Heecarl_Reez

At this rate I'm inclined to think that Age-2 will only have one alternate form. The OP hasn't show other alternate forms, and on the kit side it already jumped on Age-3. But, yeah they might saving it for late surprise.
VentZX wrote:
Heecarl_Reez wrote:http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/625386/index

now it has sneak peak of gen 3 enemy, and HG Age-3 Normal.
Judging by the pose and proportions, that's likely the AG AGE-3 Normal, and not the HG. It just looks too stiff.
No, it's really the HG. Anyway, the said link has been updated. It now also shows the image of Core Fighter Age-3, and G Ceptor.