The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Okarawa and his mediocrity.
Currently questioning right now whether or not to get out my ugly stick......... :P
Homeless

Is that what Okawara draws with?
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Heecarl_Reez

This hasn't been posted yet isn't it? http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/649845/index
Vegan Gundam name is Regilus (Regulus?) Gundam, FX funnels on the side arm can be used as knife..
DuelGundam2099

Regulus?
Come to think of it the head DOES look similar to Regulus Alpha from Dancouga Nova and since Masami Obari is among the animation staff....

Either that or they're trying to sneak a reference to Garo: Beast of The White Night by naming the final boss after the main horror.
Is that what Okawara draws with?
Who cares? I like his stuff either way.
AnimeMun

I doubt its a GARO reference, I mean seriously Sunrise has nothing to do with GARO. Its like them trying to put Tiger and Bunny into Super Sentai. Not gonna happen. (Although the character designer did design the Akibarangers but thats not the point) Regulus is simply a reference to the star from the Leo constellation which I think would be hilarious if we find down the line that AG is simply so much time later in the AC universe which I seriously, seriously doubt. Even though that would be a hilarious set up reference.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Chris
Administrator

Outlaw wrote:
Chris wrote:Bring back Okawara and his endless recycling of former glory?
Once again I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one with you. I think it's less about purposeful recycling of former glory and more along the lines of that's just his style. Though I do agree that after about 30 or so years the poor guy is probably tapped out and deserves a break.

As for Ebikawa, I think we still haven't seen everything up his sleeve and it'd be a shame (and short sighted) to dismiss him over one or two arguably lackluster designs.
There's a difference between personal style and lack of creativity. In the case of Okawara, after three decades of designing Gundams, it's just lack of creativity. When you can see on his later Gundams which parts are exactly duplicated from past designs, it's absolutely recycling.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Not to mention he's not just recycling Gundams but also mechas from other shows and games like Dragonar mechs for Seed Destiny (Windam) and Sunrise Eiyuutan's Cloud Breaker and Gun Lancer from SRW GC for Saviour Gundam's design.

Remember the original concept for Seed's Zaft suits? Thank god someone else made those designs, unforunately then came Destiny.

But back on topic, I personally think the Orbital frame (no pun intended) for the AGE-3 is pretty pathetic in terms of fire power and even melee. A long range cannon that fires homing rounds is alright but still keeping the really thin beam sabers and not even having a decent shield?

Maybe that's why the AGE FX come's in, to be the ultimate Gundam (once again no pun intended) in the AG era for Kio.
DuelGundam2099

I am starting to see why I'm the only Seed Destiny fan here; apparently I'm the only person that does not see recycling as a bad thing. :lol:
The type of justice you seek will never come in this timeline.
Perhaps that would count as excess weight/bad aerodynamic design for such a high maneuverability mobile suit? Just a thought.
Chris
Administrator

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I am starting to see why I'm the only Seed Destiny fan here; apparently I'm the only person that does not see recycling as a bad thing. :lol:
Recycling is fine for plastic bottles and metal cans, not Gundams.
schwarz ritter

^THIS.

Julius Caesar approves.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Laevatein

A view of the HG Gundam AGE-FX that shows off its weapon. Except that it looks much, much LARGER, with its design being more akin to a High Mega Launcher than the beam rifle shown in previous promotional images. However, given that one can clearly see the details of the previous pic's assault rifle in the weapon, I'm thinking this is the same weapon, but with add-on parts to make it larger.

And This is apparently the official concept art, which matches the illustrations seen in the promos quite well.
Shinji_Shinigami

Looks like its trying to unite all aspects of the Age series. Like the Standard frame of Age-1 the Mbility of Age-2 (looks like it has high thruster power and maybe those wings are either for transformation or Bits) and the firepower of Age-3 (the big gun :D)
Heecarl_Reez

The Official website news section also has posted small official lineart of Gudam Age-FX(Funnel Equipped), and Gundam Regilus. http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/news/gundam-age/a1.html

also this sentence from the post seems implying that Kio is the one who'll pilot the Age-FX
キオが駆る、4つ目のガンダム「ガンダムAGE-FX」
Saber

Gotta say I really like the design for the FX. Perhaps it's just the color scheme (predominantly white and lavender-blue), but it reminds me a lot of one of my favorite designs, the 1.5 Gundam from 00I. The design as a whole looks more 00-ish than the previous AGE suits. Also has a very interesting head sculpt. Then again, I wonder how it'll look in animation. The AGE Gundams all looked pretty nice in the linearts, but are seldom(ly?) animated well enough to match that.

Not sure how I feel about all the funnels however, especially on the high grade. The model kit with all the clear green plastic just screams 00 QAN[T] to me.
DuelGundam2099

After finally seeing the official pics of Regulus Gundam I can safely say that I don't like it so far; it looks like a blatant X Gundam rehash with a different beam rifle and a shield. FX I'll withhold judgment on until it's animated debut.
Chris
Administrator

DuelGundam2099 wrote:After finally seeing the official pics of Regulus Gundam I can safely say that I don't like it so far; it looks like a blatant X Gundam rehash with a different beam rifle and a shield. FX I'll withhold judgment on until it's animated debut.
Where do you see a Gundam X rehash? All I see is a Zeheart type suit painted in Gundam colors with a V-fin.
DuelGundam2099

It's probably the tail that makes it look like a Satellite Cannon. There is also some odd resemblance to Zephyranthes Gundam to me now that I think of it. :?
Shinji_Shinigami

if kio will Pilot the FX (which would explain why they showed the age-3 wears that soon) i wonder what happens to the age-3. will it be destroyed or will it be handed to Asemu or some other Pilot?
Homeless

DuelGundam2099 wrote:It's probably the tail that makes it look like a Satellite Cannon. There is also some odd resemblance to Zephyranthes Gundam to me now that I think of it. :?
I know Gundam fans see what they want to see, but this is pretty awe-inspiring.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Laevatein

Same, I don't see how the Regilis looks like the Gundam X at all. The tail cannon it has is rather thin, has a different shape, and is mounted on the butt, nothing like the Satellite Cannon at all. It doesn't look like anything outside of the AGE series.