The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.

Moderators: ShadowCell, SNT1, mcred23, EZero8

Locked
E08
Elitist Earth Politician
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 am

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by E08 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 am

Looks like some of the gundam's tech may have been leaked to the Vagan since the
Zant's (the MS in ep28) claw and tail blade looks to be the same as the shiguru blade. Not
that surprising seeing how there are so many corrupt officers around.

Sulendil Zeta
Newtype Emo Guy
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Sulendil Zeta » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:44 am

Yeah, I definitely mean zgc there, Sonic, it's a typo. :)

BTW, the official bio for the 3 Age-3 modes also reveals their respective weapons. As we all knows, Normal use Sigmasis Rifle, while Fortress uses Sigmasis Cannon, and Orbital use Sigmasis Long Cannon. Looks like Kio's fighting style will be heavily based on the BFGs, unlike his father's dual wield melee style.

It is also mentions that Fortress is made to fight on Earth's natural environment such as desert and swamp while Orbital is for space, so I guess we will see Fortress use some sort of jet propulsion ala Dom to move around.

User avatar
Homeless
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 pm

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Homeless » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 pm

E08 wrote:Looks like some of the gundam's tech may have been leaked to the Vagan since the
Zant's (the MS in ep28) claw and tail blade looks to be the same as the shiguru blade. Not
that surprising seeing how there are so many corrupt officers around.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pilot's name Medel Zant? I'm pretty sure he was referring to himself.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain

User avatar
Chris
Bald Wizard
Posts: 4634
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Chris » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Homeless wrote:
E08 wrote:Looks like some of the gundam's tech may have been leaked to the Vagan since the
Zant's (the MS in ep28) claw and tail blade looks to be the same as the shiguru blade. Not
that surprising seeing how there are so many corrupt officers around.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pilot's name Medel Zant? I'm pretty sure he was referring to himself.
Yes, it is Zant, so he was referring to himself, not the suit. That was all perfectly obvious from the beginning, so I don't know why E08 assumed it was the suit's name.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

User avatar
Wingnut
Hot-blooded Gattai
Posts: 6896
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Wingnut » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:10 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... GE-2MP.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... E-2MP2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... E-2MP3.jpg

Once the AGE-2 is mass produced.... I have no idea what will happen. Many Double Bullets would be a lot of firepower, though I wouldn't have too high hopes for such a thing as Max and Arisa weren't able to do much with the Spallow and Tidus wears on their Adeles.

The only other true MP transforming MS we've really seen in Gundam is the Murasame in Destiny so there isn't much to go on.

Also the Adele seems to have completely phased out the Genoace II, and probably the Shadoll as well by the end of Asemu's arc as they were the only Federation MS seen in this episode aside from the AGE-2 Normal.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by DuelGundam2099 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 pm

So.... Just what is the name of Medal's mobile suit? I might actually make an avatar of it, it's that awesome.

User avatar
SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1375
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:38 am
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by SonicSP » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Looks like AGE-2 got a third wear afterall.......the white "Gundam AGE-2 Special Forces Type". lol

User avatar
yazi88
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1340
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by yazi88 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:45 am

Wingnut wrote:
The only other true MP transforming MS we've really seen in Gundam is the Murasame in Destiny so there isn't much to go on.
You forgot about the MP Gaza series and Gazown from Zeta and Double Zeta, Flags/Enacts from 00, Kapools from Turn A, and finally the ReZels from Unicorn.

GNRoyalFlash24
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 am
Location: local Gunpla Fighters stadium
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by GNRoyalFlash24 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:45 am

reeoyuy wrote:Preview for episode 29 already showed us AGE-3 and Girarhga. But there's more! Mass-produced defurse and transformable MS in Adele color.
will be looking forward to that :)
3rd arc must be also paying homage to Char's counterattack with that transforming MS, which may be a prototype (afaik there was not been a scan for a model of that MS) since the prototype for an intended mass-produced Zeta was introduced there in the movie.

E08
Elitist Earth Politician
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 am

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by E08 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 am

Homeless wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pilot's name Medel Zant? I'm pretty sure he was referring to himself.
Chris wrote: Yes, it is Zant, so he was referring to himself, not the suit. That was all perfectly obvious from the beginning, so I don't know why E08 assumed it was the suit's name.
Damn...That's for not paying attention to the name of supporting character....

User avatar
Homeless
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 pm

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Homeless » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 am

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain

User avatar
Arbiter GUNDAM
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot
Posts: 2905
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Cruisin' the Universe w/Spaceman Spiff!!!
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Arbiter GUNDAM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

Clanche?! Okay, I think we have a candidate for Weirdest Name Ever In AGE.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion

User avatar
quasadra
Retconned MSV Ace
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:31 am

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by quasadra » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 am

and if you notice, there is a "Clamche Custom" below that.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC

User avatar
AnimeMun
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:18 pm
Location: Driftin' all over
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by AnimeMun » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 am

Ummm, the name is French, much like the Adele's
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!

Midi_Amp
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:13 am
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Midi_Amp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42 am

The name is just weird, Clanche then Clamche but both looks like same model different variant... Definitely a breakdown in the romaji translation. The MS is quite nice though, the proportion is well done, and comparing to the original Genoace, Clanmche looks very futuristic. Off course with the Genoace still hanging around 50+ years in the timeline is quite the testament of its ingenious design (if any).

Love the grunts on this series... On another note, I can't web translate Clanche to anything... If it's French, the closest word would be Clenche, and it means "hatch"... oui?

GNRoyalFlash24
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 am
Location: local Gunpla Fighters stadium
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by GNRoyalFlash24 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Regarding the clanche's head design, there seems to be a opening on its side indicating vulcans

User avatar
Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero
Posts: 4766
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:25 am

Personally, I'm much more interested in that "Genoace O-Custom" that's just visible in the corner there. Though the Clanche Custom looks pretty sweet too.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

User avatar
Wingnut
Hot-blooded Gattai
Posts: 6896
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Wingnut » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 am

Dark Duel wrote:Personally, I'm much more interested in that "Genoace O-Custom" that's just visible in the corner there. Though the Clanche Custom looks pretty sweet too.
As if the O could stand for anything other then Obright.
yazi88 wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
The only other true MP transforming MS we've really seen in Gundam is the Murasame in Destiny so there isn't much to go on.
You forgot about the MP Gaza series and Gazown from Zeta and Double Zeta, Flags/Enacts from 00, Kapools from Turn A, and finally the ReZels from Unicorn.
I seem to have forgotten to mention MP MS that could fly when I said that. Gaza series and Gazown IIRC are space only, Flags/Enacts were not intended to transform on the fly, Kapool is stuck on the ground/water (and not much of a transformation to begin with), and the Re-ZEL is a limited production model so far with only the commander type being able to fly.

So yeah, sorry for forgetting to mention the flying part earlier.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

User avatar
Deathzealot
HiMAT Spammer
Posts: 932
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:08 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Deathzealot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Wingnut wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Personally, I'm much more interested in that "Genoace O-Custom" that's just visible in the corner there. Though the Clanche Custom looks pretty sweet too.
Not to mention it is Diva Squadron Blue.

User avatar
Geoxile
HiMAT Spammer
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

Post by Geoxile » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm

So it's all led up to this. After suffering from the ugly design of the Genoace for 2 generations, it's finally come to this, the most beautiful grunt MS to ever grace Gundam.
Deathzealot wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Personally, I'm much more interested in that "Genoace O-Custom" that's just visible in the corner there. Though the Clanche Custom looks pretty sweet too.
Not to mention it is Diva Squadron Blue.
Ten bucks says we'll be seeing O'bright again.

Locked