The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
RLZIII

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

pd771 wrote:I think AGE-2 and AGE-3 are what the Gundam evolves into for the next generation. So while we may have 3 Gundam designs, it will e the same machine the show began with. It's never stated, but that was what the picture hinted at.
I absolutely agree with this. I don't think we'll see the Gundam AGE-1 fighting alongside the Gundam AGE-2. I think that either the Gundam AGE-1 will "evolve" by some use of the AGE System, the AGE System will suggest the Gundam to be upgraded, or the AGE-1 will be badly damaged and the Gundam will be rebuild with the help of the AGE Device.
Kenji

Y'know, I could be totally off my rocker and a Gundam Team will be revealed tomorrow, but here's what I'm thinking...

For the last decade and a half, Bandai has been pursuing a multi-Gundam strategy. Market data shows that Gundams sell best, so they've given every important character a Gundam. However, I think they've found that sticking someone who would've been in a Gouf into a Gundam still makes that Gundam sell like a Gouf. The Gundam(s) the main character(s) pilot, now that's the suit the moves Gunpla! Mid-series upgrades also do well (which is why we've had them ever since Zeta, notwithstanding).

So, what we've got in AGE is a singular hero Gundam with two mid-series upgrades! That should make for three best-selling Gunpla kits, right?

Well, we'll see...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
SonicSP

pd771 wrote:
RLZIII wrote:
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Do we know yet whether the AGE-1 will be the only Gundam in this show?
While not confirmed, we've seen a teaser image (http://www.mobilesuitgundam.net/age/age ... gundam.jpg) that shows the names "AGE-2" and "AGE-3". While I've heard that a particular source stated that there would only be one Gundam in the show, no other major source has confirmed this. This leads me to believe that the information is probably not true (or, at least, was made up; it could wind up being the case at the end of the day).
I think AGE-2 and AGE-3 are what the Gundam evolves into for the next generation. So while we may have 3 Gundam designs, it will e the same machine the show began with. It's never stated, but that was what the picture hinted at.
Wasn't it stated somewhere that the other two characters will "inherit" the Age-2 and 3 Gundams? If its true, then it may be a nod to it being the same suit.

I could dead be wrong about the "inherited statement" though.
RLZIII

SonicSP wrote:Wasn't it stated somewhere that the other two characters will "inherit" the Age-2 and 3 Gundams? If its true, then it may be a nod to it being the same suit.

I could dead be wrong about the "inherited statement" though.
Some translations (not the official ones as far as I can tell) used the word "inherit" when talking about how Asem and Kio would later become pilots of the Gundam. However, in these translations, the Gundam AGE-2 and Gundam AGE-3 weren't mentioned; it was just stated that they'd inherit the Gundam (I don't believe even specifying the Gundam AGE-1). Pretty much the only actual time we've seen the names AGE-2 and AGE-3 are from that slide show, and even then no details were given. Since then the names haven't been mentioned.

And, let's be honest: I don't think we'll see a Gundam show with only one Gundam for a very long time, if ever. Merchandise for Gundam-type mobile suits tends to sell more than the non-Gundam mobile suits. I do like the fact that it seems (as we haven't had a confirmation) there will only be one "set" of Gundams, and that the enemies won't have them as well. While I actually don't mind Gundam SEED or (gasp!) Gundam SEED DESTINY, I didn't like all of the antagonists running around with Gundams as well, as this definitely takes away from the "special" quality the name is supposed to hold.
SonicSP

If Gundam AGE-2 and 3 are upgrades of the AGE-1 and henceforth, then it would not actually count as "one" Gundam merchandise-wise since those are marketable as separate products; even if story-wise its technically upgrades/modification of AGE-2/3. But yeah, I don't think they're going to settle with "one" Gundam these days in a TV Series for the merchandising potential.

Still, having one AGE does leave the predecessor without one in the future period, if that is the route taken. Separating them having the advantage of all of them fighting together in their signature suits. Variant potentials in this route is quite numerous as well, since Fritz can for example use an "upgraded" AGE-1 in the future with some changes while his son uses the AGE-2 and henceforth.

Wonder whether AGE-1 would have a mass produced counterpart in the second generation if it is proven to be some super strong machine in the first generation? Unless its technology is that expensive to mass produce or anything. IT does have some hinted legendary status even prior to Fritz.
Homeless

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1521 ... 069501.jpg

Heeeey; funny question, but doesn't the caption by Titus mention it can perform a Beam Lariat, Beam Shoulder Tackle, and Beam Knee Kick?

Also, how are you supposed to read the name of Spallow's blade? The kana's roughly shiguru, but that could be a number of things.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Arsarcana

Yes, yes it does. The implication would be that those holes on the knees and shoulders are beam projectors of some sort.

As for the sword, the best I can come up with without mixing languages is Sigil Blade (shiguru isn't the most obvious way to write sigil in katakana but it's close enough if you squint) which is kinda nifty. If you want to mix languages up I can suggest Sigr (Old Norse for 'victory') Blade. I'm not really satisfied with that but I can't think up anything better.
Homeless

Sigr would be kinda cool...but belonging to something named "Spallow", who knows.

For another observation, this says the Genoace carries a Beam Spray Gun, and a Heat Stick stored in the shield. I think that's new info anyway, haven't been paying the closest of attention.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Gundam0089

pfffffffffffffffffffft, beam stick.

*giggle*
balofo

the titus form can manipulate its beam field to execute different attacks
Homeless

PowerdGNFlag

Genoace Custom has always given me that Unicorn Gundam+Tallgeese vibe, just as the Genoace reminded me of Cannon Ilefuto from Turn A.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Dark Duel

Hey, that Genoace Custom looks pretty cool. Pilot looks kinda like an a-hole, but the logo and white paintjob are pretty nice, and that rifle with the little bayonet sticking out the front is kinda cool. You don't often see bayonets in Gundam.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arsarcana

Just goes to show that you don't need tons of extra flashy kit to make a nice custom suit. It's still very basic like the regular Genoace but it's got enough little touches to stand out. To me the head gives the whole thing a bit of a Daughtress vibe, moreso than Tallgeese or Unicorn (despite the nice white painjob).

And yeah, bayonets are fairly rare in this franchise so it's kinda cool to see one. How many have there been anyways, R-Jarja, Verte Buster and... I can't think of anything else right now unless you count underslung beam sabers.
SonicSP

Woah, the Genoace Custom's rifle is cool. That bayonet design is cool, wonder if we'll ever see it generate a beam saber? The shield is not too shabby either.

I still cannot get over that blasted spoiler on top of AGE-1's backpack however. Its the only thing I dislike about the AGE-1.
Arvis Taljik

My opinion:

RX-178 Gundam Mk II + GN-000 O Gundam + spoiler + weight lifting = AGE-1 Gundam...

The spoiler doesn't really bother me that much, but for those who build the models it will be easy enough to simply omit the spoiler from the model.

I'm actually a fan of the AGE-1's overall design, and the spoiler isn't all that bad in my opinion. I especially like the fact that it doesn't have stick arms and stick legs (ala Infinite Justice) and has a more balanced overall look with thicker arms and legs.

On a side note, I've already pre-ordered two of the HG 1/144 models (I'll pick up the MG 1/100 once it comes out too).
Outlaw

This is the second Gundam series (in a row) where my initial reaction to the mechnical designs has been "I like the grunts". Weird.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Homeless

latenlazy

...Beam lariat? What is this...Naruto?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is it any more ridiculous than Master Asia's Beam Cloth?

Oh and here's a theory. Even if the AGE-1 (and 2 and 3) end up being the only Gundam in the show, the MSV for the series could have like a dozen variations in it and Bandai could make a killing off of that?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion