The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk I

Ooooooooo what does it say?
hitokirigarou

Gundam AGE-2 Normal:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4782/age2z.jpg

It looks like that picture of the AGE-2 and AGE-3 a while back might be legit.
SonicSP

What's the likelihood that somebody actually forged a model of this and made an ad-like design? Because otherwise it's almost a confirmation short of revealing it in the official site. Hell, if its an official ad then it's a confirmation already.
latenlazy

Or the leaks were legit.
Sume Gai

If this is real I must say I'm pleased, I liked the "leaked" design for AGE-2. It feels very much like something out of 00 in the best way possible. I'm very interested to see how those binders will work and look in action.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
latenlazy

Sume Gai wrote:If this is real I must say I'm pleased, I liked the "leaked" design for AGE-2. It feels very much like something out of 00 in the best way possible. I'm very interested to see how those binders will work and look in action.
On the other hand, if the leaks are correct I do not look forward to the bulky Age-3
VentZX

SonicSP wrote:What's the likelihood that somebody actually forged a model of this and made an ad-like design? Because otherwise it's almost a confirmation short of revealing it in the official site. Hell, if its an official ad then it's a confirmation already.

Well, for one thing, it's not a model kit, but the 1/100 scale Gage-ing Builder action figures that Bandai has been pushing. Look at the screw holes on the arms and legs. If this is a hoax, it's the most elaborate you're likely ever to see.

Anyway, I liked the leaked lineart for both AGE-2 and AGE-3, so I'm pleased with this. Now I just want to see how the HG kit looks.

Oh, and then there's also this guy: Aderu (just going off the phonetics here.)
Spoiler
It looks like a succesor to the Genoace with tech from the AGE-1 incorporated in.
latenlazy

VentZX wrote:
SonicSP wrote:What's the likelihood that somebody actually forged a model of this and made an ad-like design? Because otherwise it's almost a confirmation short of revealing it in the official site. Hell, if its an official ad then it's a confirmation already.

Well, for one thing, it's not a model kit, but the 1/100 scale Gage-ing Builder action figures that Bandai has been pushing. Look at the screw holes on the arms and legs. If this is a hoax, it's the most elaborate you're likely ever to see.

Anyway, I liked the leaked lineart for both AGE-2 and AGE-3, so I'm pleased with this. Now I just want to see how the HG kit looks.

Spoiler
It looks like a succesor to the Genoace with tech from the AGE-1 incorporated in.
I see a lot of GN-X in there.
VentZX

latenlazy wrote:I see a lot of GN-X in there.
In the shoulders, maybe, but I'm not seeing it otherwise.
latenlazy

VentZX wrote:
latenlazy wrote:I see a lot of GN-X in there.
In the shoulders, maybe, but I'm not seeing it otherwise.
Also the torso, but can't tell for sure until we get a full view.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Unfortunately I'm not so hot on this. The Age-2 looks too much like the 00 Raiser and the Age-3 has too many shades of the ZZ.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

latenlazy wrote:Or the leaks were legit.
They definitely were the legit designs but the format and way of release certainly did not give enough confidence to give confirmation that they were the real AGE-2 and 3 unloke this GB ad. Especially if Spallow is misnamed as Spark instead. I say the "pre-release name" theory was probably true.
VentZX wrote:

Spoiler
My bad. I knew it was different from the normal kits but I really did not know what else to call it. Should have just called it toy I guess.
APendragon

Ooooh, if this is actually the AGE-2, I very much like it, and it sort of gives us an idea how it's going to further evolve. It seems to be taking on wings, perhaps growing more and more similar to the Gafran and Zedas, evolving along those lines.
Strike Zero

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Unfortunately I'm not so hot on this. The Age-2 looks too much like the 00 Raiser and the Age-3 has too many shades of the ZZ.
Assuming this those designs are now indeed legit, that was most likely the point to begin with.

AGE-1 = RX-78-2
AGE-2 = Zeta
Age-3 = ZZ
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
VentZX

It should be noted that there are some differences from the original leaked image.

For reference.

-The chest now has yellow bits on it and the general shape is different.
-The arms now have blue "cuffs"
-The feet are blue instead of red.
-The side skirt armor now has blue instead of yellow.
-There seems to be a big blue rear skirt armor hanging off the final design.

It's safe to say that the leaked designs were not finalized, and we can expect the AGE-3 to have differences as well, maybe even bigger differences considering how far out it is.
Arsarcana

Trolled with the real deal two shows running?! What are the odds?
VentZX wrote:-There seems to be a big blue rear skirt armor hanging off the final design.
Actually, if you look at the area between the torso and left arm you can see the early design of that skirt plate. Assuming the transformation stays roughly like the concept artwork, it appears that the backpack folds over the head to form the nose in MA mode. I'd guess that for the final design they moved the folding part down the back for one reason or another. Either that or it's a wonky perspective thing but considering the differences, probably not.

Also, while there are a bunch of little changes, the overall design is effectively unchanged. I suspect that the AGE-3 will have similar tweaks but the end result is probably going to still be recognizably ZZ-esque and I've got no problems with that. I rather liked the designs when we had every reason to think they were fakes so learning that they're the real deal is neat. Still odd that we're getting second generation stuff leaked months before the first generation will end but whatever.
SonicSP

I really liked the color scheme of the concept a lot more but otherwise happy that they went with the 00 Raiser thing.
Gundam0089

Advanced Generation has some neat looking ships.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/ ... creen3.jpg

And I always have a soft spot for solid ammunition weapons and long vertical (and drum) magazines. :D

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/ ... creen2.jpg
reeoyuy

Those monoeye units and Baqto are pretty much given from the preview, but episode 6 also marks the debut of
Spoiler
Shalldoll and Desperado!