The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVIII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
mcred23

The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVIII

Last one hit 30 pages, so time for a new one, blah blah blah.
Pkmatrix wrote:Huh. I guess the question becomes, what was the fossil fuel? You'd assume oil, especially considering how important the Middle East is to 00's backstory and plot, but with so many people are predicting the world's oil production to peak sometime in the next 100 years it seems hard to believe. However, since the world's two largest natural gas fields are also in the Middle East, perhaps that's the fossil fuel everyone is weaning off of? It fits - although world natural gas supplies should last us another 500 years at least, by 2300 we'll have low supplies of Oil and Coal, the two primary fossil fuels, so maybe after coal topped out in the 2100s they switched Natural Gas, eating up supplies faster than we currently predict? Since they refused to switch to nuclear, gas had to make up the energy deficit on its own - thus, why by the 2250s they needed to start switch entirely to solar.

It's a theory, anyway, and could help us understand in more general terms why the 00 world decided to build the elevators and Solar Power System.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVIII

Pkmatrix wrote:Huh.  I guess the question becomes, what was the fossil fuel?  You'd assume oil, especially considering how important the Middle East is to 00's backstory and plot, but with so many people are predicting the world's oil production to peak sometime in the next 100 years it seems hard to believe.  However, since the world's two largest natural gas fields are also in the Middle East, perhaps that's the fossil fuel everyone is weaning off of?  It fits - although world natural gas supplies should last us another 500 years at least, by 2300 we'll have low supplies of Oil and Coal, the two primary fossil fuels, so maybe after coal topped out in the 2100s they switched Natural Gas, eating up supplies faster than we currently predict?  Since they refused to switch to nuclear, gas had to make up the energy deficit on its own - thus, why by the 2250s they needed to start switch entirely to solar.

It's a theory, anyway, and could help us understand in more general terms why the 00 world decided to build the elevators and Solar Power System.
I personally know somebody who works in the oil & gas industry so maybe I can ask him a thug or two but what you said about oil os generally the gist of it as far as general info go.

I personally did not know the ME also had the largest gas field but that makes sense considering the importantness of ME in the 00 world still. That blurb inside regarding the Anfs in my last post mentioned that the HRL created another version of the Anfs that ran on chemical reaction engines rather than fossil engines due to the fact that fossil fuels were harder to get outside of ME. 

Of course, one important factor we have to consider is the population in the 00 world. The movie directly suggests via dialogue that the population at this point is around six billion people, which is not a lot quite frankly. So it's important in the sense that energy consumption should not be that high based on models that are based on increasing population (which of course is very very very likely to happen given current real world trends)

I don't think the world is heading up to a stage where we simply rely on one form on energy like we have been mostly doing for the last century. More likely though it's multiple sources, with fossil fuels being the main one and even then it's likely to be a few forms like you said.

My personal guess is that nuclear becomes a large source of energy for awhile, taking the brunt of humanity's need, which may likely throw the fossil fuel depletion models off a bit since the strain on it is less. Once nuclear is phased out due to the uprising anti nuclear movement, fossil fuels likely taken a large part of the consumption again in addition to other alternatives of course.

We do know that they is a very long and serious energy crisis that plagued the world. My guess is that the world population was much higher once but was forced to reduced due to the crisis; and probably a few other factors such as demographic transition. I mean some countries like Japan are already going into negative population growth already as we speak so it's not impossible world could suddenly peak and start such a trend sometime down the future.

Of course, Aeolia's SES was actually presented earlier than the last 50 years however the idea was rejected because technology has not advanced enough to build it. One thing is for sure though, 00's world is partly an artificial world since CB's Veda has had a hand in manipulating world events to cater to Aeolia's world. Everyting from denuclearization and the building of his SES was part of the Plan and CB manipulated governments, factions and events to ensure that it happened the way he planned it. It's also important for uniting the world, though the blocs and their geopolitics are an intentional byproduct in order to make the SES. Which of course is solved by using the Gundams to unite the world into the ESF, another intention of the Plan that also required Veda's manipulation as well as CB setting up the "we must unite to defeat this evil" feeling among the world's nations. 
Chris
Administrator

As you might have seen, the anime counterpart to this thread has been de-stickied. That's due to the slowdown of 00 talk, as well as the impending announcement of the new Gundam series. The thread will still be around, just not stickied.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
SonicSP

ELS Qan(T) Lineart:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162 ... 388255.jpg

It looks quite cool in my opinion. In lineart form its wayyyy better than than the scratchbuilt models from 00N. The coloring is just perfect to me, seems to retain the white elements from the 00 Qan(T), but with a slight touch of "silvery metal" to it.
==================

E08 did some paratranslations from the sidestories regarding Veda's elements/stuff. Thought I'd cross-post it.
E08 wrote:For those who wander whether veda can control a MS by itself, the simple answer is yes and it has been done.

From 00P:

-Exia’s basic performance test is done with veda controlling the unit as its meister is not selected yet.

-As space has few information gathering facilities (as of 00P, chpt 5), veda’s prediction ability may be hampered.

-Even with its global links and abilities, there can be matters that even veda is not really clear about. (E.g. Special forces chasing after E-57)

-In 00P, chpt 13, Veda hacks into the computer of the meteorological services and send fake message to AEU HQ to cover up the disappearance of the hellions.

-Veda alters the info stored within the surveillance satellite to conceal the fight in 00P, chpt 22.

-Veda can instantly communicate with machines under its control, disregarding the distance between them due to quantum communication.

-Regarding matters that will affect the plan, veda will apply either “tolerance” or “strict control”. As long as the suggestion does not affect the overall direction of the plan, veda will accept them. This is “tolerance” and it allows veda to adapt the plan to unforeseen circumstances. On the other hand, if it affects the main component of the plan, veda will not give way. This is “strict control” and it is the “core” of veda and no one can change it. Meister quality falls under the latter.

-By looking through the different info networks, veda can locate a person (searching time varies).

-Naming of gundam, with a few exceptions, is usually done by veda and is according to its function and usage. It is the norm to select names from myth and legend. Names from Ian are usually badly received.
SNT1

ELS QanT looks like something from Final Fantasy XI. Not necessarily a bad thing, but very organic-looking. And LOL at Ian's names for Gundams rejected. I bet he had cooler ideas.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Homeless

*Sigh* Might as well.

The latest issue of Gundam Weapons compiled 00V Senki, and added some new stuff:

The GN-001REIII Gundam Exia Repair III, with its GN Long Rifle:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59 ... war9a.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... ki6cg.jpg/

And, at long last, art of the GN-00802 Sera:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/60 ... 20mn9.jpg/
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Arsarcana

Still nothing about whether it retains the Big Cannon/Claw functionality I see, though given that Sera looks for all intents and purposes to be a headless Seravee II once all the parts are assembled and the description mentions that they share most abilities in common, I can't imagine they wouldn't retain that feature just in case. Still surprised they never got around to making a Seravee II kit to at least finish up the Gundams...
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is it just me, but does the term long rifle crop up in Gundam a lot?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

Arsarcana wrote:Still nothing about whether it retains the Big Cannon/Claw functionality I see, though given that Sera looks for all intents and purposes to be a headless Seravee II once all the parts are assembled and the description mentions that they share most abilities in common, I can't imagine they wouldn't retain that feature just in case. Still surprised they never got around to making a Seravee II kit to at least finish up the Gundams...
I'm more disappointed at the lack of a HG GN-XIV than a Seravee II...........I guess the line did not sell well for them to discontinue them abruptly. Otherwise, I could see them create more HG for Harute+GN Boosters, Zabanya+more Holster Bits, both GN-XIV colors and followed by Trans-Am for each of them. In fact, the lack of a HG Trans-Am Qan(T), Zabanya, Harute and Raphael is probably a hint of how disrupted the line is. I would be happy to be proven wrong by Bandai in the future and getting it continue though.

I love the R3's GN Long Rifle. At long last, Exia gets more armament to fill its long range deficit. Feels good, since Exia seems to be the only one in between Astraea and Qan(T) not to have a high calibur long range beam weapon. The shoulders are super sexy as well, and the touch of blue near the knees is nice and doesn't feel like they added too much stuff there like they did with the Avalanche.
Saber

Homeless wrote:The GN-001REIII Gundam Exia Repair III, with its GN Long Rifle:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59 ... war9a.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... ki6cg.jpg/
I take it that this new Exia, along with the Raphael Dominions is from the Innovator War period after the ELS invasion, right? Which means we probably will never be told who's operating it (probably some random Innovade I guess). There's not even an exact or vague mention when this war was occuring between 2314 and 2364 or if any of the known people from Celestial Being were involved, correct?

I also find it interesting that the R3 is using a GN Condenser as its power source instead of a GN Drive. Could this confirm that there were no true GN Drives left after the ELS invasion except for the ones in 00 Qan[T]? It seems fairly obvious that Harute's got destroyed since the entire suit was wrecked, though the status on Zabanya's Drive seems ambigious, afterall, Lockon was fighting until the very last second.

Gotta agree however that it's a very nice design, though I'm still not too hot on those big, plain thighs that it already had back when it was the R2.
SonicSP wrote:I'm more disappointed at the lack of a HG GN-XIV than a Seravee II
My sentiments exactly.
E08

If im not mistaken it was used before the ELS War, first revealed by tweets from Veda2314.
SonicSP

Saber wrote:I take it that this new Exia, along with the Raphael Dominions is from the Innovator War period after the ELS invasion, right? Which means we probably will never be told who's operating it (probably some random Innovade I guess). There's not even an exact or vague mention when this war was occuring between 2314 and 2364 or if any of the known people from Celestial Being were involved, correct? 

I also find it interesting that the R3 is using a GN Condenser as its power source instead of a GN Drive. Could this confirm that there were no true GN Drives left after the ELS invasion except for the ones in 00 Qan[T]? It seems fairly obvious that Harute's got destroyed since the entire suit was wrecked, though the status on Zabanya's Drive seems ambigious, afterall, Lockon was fighting until the very last second.

Gotta agree however that it's a very nice design, though I'm still not too hot on those big, plain thighs that it already had back when it was the R2.
Personally the plain thighs are one of the changes from the original that I liked. Not that I dislike the cables but I just thought that it was a nice "visual progression effect" from the original since the body transfusion system is more advanced and more apparent on the Thrones and other GNMS  design thereafter.

As E08 mentioned, the Veda 2314 Twitter feed mentioned that Setsuna used Exia to get to Saji/Louise in the movie's events. This is pretty much all we know if it's confirmed usage unless the Senki chapter says something more, which I hope it does.

I think the reason why it just uses a Large Condenser is just a matter of priorities. Afterall, after S2 CB is just left with two drives to work with. They have many many older suits that they kept and keep operating so having them switch between the only two drives will be kind of hard. Also GN Condenser technology has improved so I reckon they can keep the suits operating longer now and are probably far more decent than they were in 2301 where even the low particle consumption Gundam Rasiel could only last 30 minutes on a Large GN Condenser.

Besides, many of their other older suits also operate on a Large GN Condenser. Dynames Repair from the movie is one, while the repaired Arios and Cherudim are other examples. I also recall that Japanese Wikipedia mentioned that suits like Dynames Repair are designated mainly for Earth usage because the Elevator's security is now much more tighter so changing the drives around is probably harder.

Also, if CB loses all their GN Drives, they won't be able to use any Large GN Condensers in the first place since GN Drives are the only source of GN Particles for CB anyways. There's a very good chance that this Exia Repair III may still be before the ELS Conflict. Zabanya's Drive probably survived because the suit is still mostly intact (even if freak accidents like the Exia has happened before), Harute's is likely destroyed but no actual confirmation is given.

The idea that the Repair III is mostly used by some random Innovade is very appealing to me though, because it likely means that this beautiful thing and its rifle actually gets used rather than just spending most of it's time in some random hanger......though I still won't fancy it's chances much and it probably does just that most of the time.
E08

Translation of R3's profile from chinese source.

After S2, CB strictly controls its public armed intervention and extreme caution is taken especially when gundam is involved. Exia R3 is modified to meet the requirements of the organisation's activities and one such modification is the addition of the GN Long Rifle, which is designed for sniping while the unit is cloaked. The latest GN thrusters are installed; their efficiency allows the unit to accelerate while keeping particle consumption low. Thus, when range attack is unsuitable for the mission, Exia will rush into the enemies for close range combat. The newly designed, enlarged shoulder armors contain condenser.

Sadly, sera's profile does not contain any new info.
SonicSP

There’s some new info from a new Gundam 00 sourcebook that was sold/given our during the anniversary event yesterday. Saw these links posted on GameFAQS by ashjon07 so link credits there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DavG4vsVwAEt5Kk.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DavG4vsVQAAq-iB.jpg

So I took a look at the scans:
Spoiler
- When Setsuna used the Quantum Burst, Graham’s mind met Setsuna. Setsuna guided Graham towards assimilation with the ELS and he went back to Earth afterwards. He also joined Celestial Being.

- Laetitia Erde is a clone of Tieria with his memories fully loaded. The original Tieria is current on a journey for the dialogues (IE he left with Setsuna to go to the ELS home world). Laetitia is left behind to help Celestial Being in Tieria’s absence. Theres a short wording about his personality but the text is to blurry to read properly for me. I assume they are saying he has the same one?

- Graham nicknames Exia Repair IV “Graham Gundam”.

- Didn’t see anything special in the mecha descriptions aside from repeating that they are repaired versions.
Upper Right Picture Gundam Exia Repair IV Profile Page
A. GN Bayonet
- Rifle Mode (Picture)
- Sword Mode (Picture)

B. GN Tachi * (GNタチ)

C. GN Battle Sword

D. GN Battle Blade

*(If my dictionary is correct, there might be a colloquialism reference on Setsuna-Graham romance running joke based on the way the GN Tachi is spelled. Long sword meaning of tachi is usually spelled differently (大刀) so it is possibly that a word play is being used here.)

Personal Comments:

- Really loving Dynames Repair III, feels like a good new upgraded design than a simple rehash. Love the new GN Bazooka-ish weapon. It also has an overall more Virtue-theme feel with the addition of armor as well as shoulder cannon, yet unlike Exia 4 doesn’t feel like it’s a kitbash made from two mobile shot kits.

- Was wondering why Exia Repair IV’s shield was on the right side, it just feels like a weird design decision. After an hour though, it finally hit like a brick me the reason..........*slaps self*

- Wonder why they removed all the armor on Exia’s left arm?

- While the overall design is just normal, really loving all of Exia Repair IV’s new swords. I especially love GN Bayonets which feel like an interesting take on the GN Sword IIs while the GN Tachi is just an awesome long sword. Hope they make a 1/144 kit of these soon.
E08

The last line for Laetitia Erde says that although he has the same look(?) & DNA as Tieria, his personality is different.
Also, the profile for the MS simply called them modified/refurbished version.
YokozunaBulldozer

I never thought I would see the day that Graham of all people would wear the Celestial Being uniform. But that said I love it. Would be nice if they made a short film that gives us a taste of how Graham and Laetitia do Celestial Being stuff. Also interesting to see that the Dynames is now sporting the black and white of Virtue instead of the usual green and white as we get a new pilot for it.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
SonicSP

^For what it’s worth, we are getting a sequel project for 00 though we don’t know whether it’s an anime or not. So something like that may very well happen.

I love the Dynames Repair III’s color as well, I didn’t even realize it was black and white for awhile. I think it nicely feels with the new Virtue philosophy of a mounted cannon, some heavy armor and that streamlined GN Bazooka.
YokozunaBulldozer

SonicSP wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:13 pm ^For what it’s worth, we are getting a sequel project for 00 though we don’t know whether it’s an anime or not. So something like that may very well happen.

I love the Dynames Repair III’s color as well, I didn’t even realize it was black and white for awhile. I think it nicely feels with the new Virtue philosophy of a mounted cannon, some heavy armor and that streamlined GN Bazooka.
I hope so. I can also see the possibility of them doing monthly serial novels on hobby magazines or Sunrise animation's novel serialization site, the one where they serialize Gaogaigar vs Better Man, if they drop the short anime to illustrate the works of the two new members. If they do animate something related to this I would like something on par with the Build Divers prologue. A nice one-shot short. There is also the stage play that was announced recently too.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
SonicSP

Also, something just occurred to me.......what happened to the Dynames Repair II? :?: It was still Repair I in the movie.

Reminds me of the time when Qan(T)’s main sword was announced as GN Sword V and we were all “what happened to IV?” before it was revealed in the Full Saber variant.
False Prophet

Say, if this new project turns out to be a manga, do you think anyone would pick it up and translate it? Zeonic haven't done anything else than U.C stuffs for a while, and it seems to me they now have their hands full.