The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVIII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
yazi88

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVIII

If we are on the subject, will the Raphael Dominion or the Raphael itself make a appearance since the Domnion was from a 00V sidestory after the Trailblazer movie...
SonicSP

yazi88 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:51 pm If we are on the subject, will the Raphael Dominion or the Raphael itself make a appearance since the Domnion was from a 00V sidestory after the Trailblazer movie...
Depends on the format of the project. If it’s an anime, I highly doubt it because sidestory MSVs have a poor record of showing up there in 00 and usually they want to keep animation as simple as possible. A more simplified Raphael I can possibly see though.

If it’s a manga or a novel, the chances are much better because some 00 MSVs from previous sidestory works tend to get recycled for the later ones. Like how the Avalanche Exia, 00 Seven Sword, Cherudim SAGA and Arios Ascalon all started out as one chapter 00V profiles (and some were just initially theoretical) before being reused in later ones.

Seven Sword and Avalanche even got some extra development and equipment in the new chapters with the latter having two separate mutually exclusive forms you can build in the gunpla.

On a related note, I don’t think the pilot of Dominions was ever mentioned in its profile if I recall correctly. So my personal speculation is that Laetitia pilots it given that he took over Tieria’s place with the latter being preoccupied with the ELS Dialogues post movie and all.
Heaven Piercing Man

SonicSP wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:21 pm (大刀)
Suck It Down™
Arsarcana

On the tachi, I don't think that's intended to be a pun but it's hilarious none the less. All the Japanese names for his weapons on the Susanowo were in katakana as well. Similarly, the Gold Frame Amatsu has all its Japanese-themed weapons written in katakana, including its Tsumuha no Tachi.
yazi88 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:51 pm If we are on the subject, will the Raphael Dominion or the Raphael itself make a appearance since the Domnion was from a 00V sidestory after the Trailblazer movie...
The Dynames Repair seems to be a hybrid of its concept and Tieria's line of suits, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it doesn't show up even if the format is one where an MSV design could reasonably appear. But I sure wouldn't mind it as I like the Raphael generally and what the Dominions did to the concept.

That said, we've got Exia, we've got Dynames and Virtue's concepts combined into one... so now we need Allelujah to get a new design.
E08

Reviving this thread for interesting info on Exia R4 from promotional images for the Metal Build Model:

A modified version of the Exia produced after the confrontation with the ELS. It was completed in a short time as a number of prototype equipment and technologies under development were utilized for its weaponry, left arm, etc. It also has high performance despite being based on an old model.

A GN Drive Tau replaces the lost GN Drive to serve as its power source. New, prototype GN Condensers are mounted in each part of the body, enabling the GN Drive Tau powered machine to be able to use exceptional amount of GN Particles. Its left arm incorporated technologies meant for the future sixth generation Gundams and has a trial function for instant, localized activation of Trans-Am. This function is expected to lead to new usage methods, such as activating Trans-Am only at the time of slashing. The new GN Condenser in the left arm is also optimized for this function. Although the left arm’s internal frame is exposed, it possesses sufficient strength.

The parts where there are no major change in appearances have been enhanced as much as possible, and the internal structure is modified to be comparable to the fourth generation Gundams’. Additionally, it has new, prototype clavicle antennas on its shoulders, enabling performance comparable to other Gundams through particle manipulation. As seen, the machine is configured to be compatible with Graham’s left-handedness. Setsuna scouted Graham to be a Gundam Meister as he journey to the ELS home planet, entrusting his friends and Earth to the latter. Because of his fusion with ELS, many of Graham’s abilities, including physical abilities, have been drastically enhanced.

GN Tachi is the Gundam’s main weapon and is developed based on data of the GN Sword V with added enhancements. It inherited features of the GN Sword V such as its slender blade and is created as a foundation for the GN Sword VI.

Two GN Battle Blades and two GN Battle Swords are set on the GN Shield. The GN Battle Blades and Swords are among the many prototypes created during the development of the GN Sword V. They cannot function as bits. GN Bayonets are also one of these prototypes.
SonicSP

Thanks for this, sounds really cool. I like the idea of localized Trans Am or limited ones that can use during limited actions.

Using a GN Drive Tau is also a cool idea compared to their usual MO of using GN Condensers as the main powersource for their older models.
SonicSP

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AurTrWyLDc4/ ... 9%2529.jpg

Early marketing materials for MG Virtue showed something that caught my eye. This picture described these two items as a GN Drive and a solar furnace. Doesn't label which is which directly, but if it follows the word ordering in the two sentences, the left bigger object with more parts is a GN Drive while the right smaller object is a solar furnace.

For what it's worth, the MG Exia manual's GN Drive profile shows Exia's version of the left object and has it as a "GN Drive".

The reason why this is interesting is because the two terms have more or less been used interchangeably both in the anime and in supplematary materials so far. In fact, the GN Drive section of MG Exia manual says solar furnace is just another name for GN Drive.

If we go by Episode 25 of the anime, the right object (which is the thing Nadleeh released into space) is actually the GN Drive, both in dialogue and visually as labelled on the computer UI. Nothing unusual before given the interchangability of the terms but if the MG Virtue manual decides to narrow the terms down further it would be something. Certainly if it does that and labels the right object as a solar furnace, it is just going to lose outright.

Of course it is still too early to draw any final conclusions from the advertising alone, but the upcoming MG Virtue manual should be an interesting one to watch to see whether it does anything with them.
Dark Duel

SonicSP wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:01 pm https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AurTrWyLDc4/ ... 9%2529.jpg

Early marketing materials for MG Virtue showed something that caught my eye. This picture described these two items as a GN Drive and a solar furnace. Doesn't label which is which directly, but if it follows the word ordering in the two sentences, the left bigger object with more parts is a GN Drive while the right smaller object is a solar furnace.
Would make sense. I suppose, theoretically, one could assume that the larger assembly, which seems to include the solar furnace plus the additional propulsion systems from the back-mounted cone(which Nadleeh, IIRC, lacked, as it had a flat disc-shaped component on its back) would be the entire GN Drive, with the solar furnace itself being the most critical component of the entire Drive. But I'm just speculating.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

If the upcoming MG Virtue would not want to contradict the anime, it actually would have to label the left bigger device as the solar furnace and the right smaller one as the GN Drive.

This would still contradict MG Exia manual but it would remain consistent with the anime, which it kinda needs to if it doesn't want any new info to be discounted entirely.
Dark Duel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:34 am(which Nadleeh, IIRC, lacked, as it had a flat disc-shaped component on its back)
Yep it did. The white long connical object in the MG ad is usually ejected by Nadleeh during the Virtue purge.