The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Bazookafied

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The Shamblo's MPC charging scenes always have me thinking something like this. I'm hoping it's scenes show us more than just a creeping slow movement, blastin with the MPC, and overusing it's bits. I know it grabs Unicorn with it's claw arms in the front, but it'd be nice to see a big target like this used for more than just a tank. I suppose that depends more on the pilot than anything.
Cmdr Harabec

Well, the thing is sporting three different forms of lift - M-Craft, thermonuclear hover jets, and water jets - which allow it to move very quickly. So far they haven't shown such movement in the footage we've seen, but it's well documented that the Shamblo is an incredibly agile tank, at the least.

I'm a little disappointed thus far by the animation of the Shamblo I have to say, feeling like only parts of it are ever animated in moving stiff pieces or something. Not too big a complaint given the immense variety and such elsewhere already shown, but I am expecting for such a big part of the episode it's going to get some real attention-to-detail in its later appearance.
balofo

10 bucks nobody had noticed this before in OVA 3, one of Garanciere's Geara Zulus equipped with Range Bruno Kai is also equipped with a MMP-80/90mm Zaku machine gun attached to the right shoulder shield, and yes it's same design as the one Angelo's one is seen carrying in the same episode.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4478 ... damucu.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4478/t ... damucu.jpg
Calubin_175

Oh yeah is one of those sub-machineguns.

It appears that Geara Zulus might amount to less than 60 units in the anime continuity contrary to the novel's version. We see Geara Dogas in the Rewoola and one with the heavy pack given to the Garancieres after they lost one Zulu in episode 1.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Zeonista

Isn't referring to the new Byalant as a "Byalant Custom" a little redundant? The Byalant was a prototype, with little in the way of standard features. I suppose in this case "custom" means "modded to pilot's tastes".

balofo: Nope, completely missed it the first time around, too much oo-ing and ah-ing over the more obvious stuff. :D Good dictum of never wasting equipment on hand, and I suppose the compact MMP-80 might be easier to carry as a backup than the usual Geara rifle.

Calubin: Don't be in too much of a hurry to downgrade the Sleeves' MS strength because you couldn't count them all in a couple of scenes. The anime has to focus on certain events in the story, and so only a few MS on both sides will get noticed. It's like a regular movie, where a few establishing shots give the impression of armies approaching, and then the focus zooms in on the important characters and their immediate opponents. Now, it might be nice if Sunrise ever leased the Massive program from Weta and made a CGI horde of MS, but I am not expecting that to happen soon! :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Gelgoog Jager

Gundamguy has posted some new screenshots from ep 4.

Beside the quick cameo of Amuro (just a picture), we can now confirm a second Capule and a couple of Marasais equipped with Feyadeen rifles which are flying on Base Jabbers.

Finally, in the screenshot with the Zaku Cannon, there's a green Zaku type MS in the background, but I can't identify exactly what version it is, though it's color scheme might point towards a FZ-type, JC-type or maybe even a Hizack.
flamingtroll

While having Marasais isn't too unexpected, as they were made by AE after all. It does seem a bit farfetched for them to all be carrying Fedayeen. They weren't exactly common weapons. I don't think they were even AE manufactured.
balofo

the one with the Zaku Cannon is definetely a Zaku F2, look at the leg tubes and the Katoki style body
Gelgoog Jager

flamingtroll wrote:While having Marasais isn't too unexpected, as they were made by AE after all. It does seem a bit farfetched for them to all be carrying Fedayeen. They weren't exactly common weapons. I don't think they were even AE manufactured.
Well, the 11 prefix on its model number indicates that it was developed at Luna II, just like the RMS-117 Galbaldy and RMS-119 Eye Zack. AE machines would include those developed at Granada, which added the 10 prefix in the model number, such as the RMS-106 Hizack and RMS-108 Marasai.

The profile of the Gabthley also adds that the conceptual design was provided by Scirocco.

It should also be noted that in Zeta, besides the 3 Gabthleys and at least one Marasai, the Feyadeen Rifle was also used by the Hambrabis.
JEFFPIATT

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-T3eiwQv-l0M/T ... 1600/3.jpg
nice to see that the RGM·S-Sh-WF/S-00109 shield is still in use way past the units it originally was designed for were retired.
flamingtroll

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vc74.jpg

Well this is getting silly. Seems like pinkish purple is a popular colour for the Sleeves
APendragon

I dunno, I rather like the color scheme. And it's been a long time since the Efreet was introduced, I'm interested in seeing how it's been updated (if at all).
Homeless

It really is silly how many near-unique MS these disparate, destitute terrorist cells have managed to maintain for up to 16 years.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
APendragon

Homeless wrote:It really is silly how many near-unique MS these disparate, destitute terrorist cells have managed to maintain for up to 16 years.
Oh! Yeah, that part is kind of odd, I thought it was just a comment on the colors haha. But yeah, it feels kind of forced, especially if it all appears to be relatively on-par with much more modern mobile suits. Too much fanservice, kind of.
balofo

Homeless wrote:It really is silly how many near-unique MS these disparate, destitute terrorist cells have managed to maintain for up to 16 years.
nofunallowed.jpg :D

I've never seen people complaining about the RIDICULOUS, OUT OF PLACE, BIZARRE COLOR SCHEME AOZ units :lol:

My body is ready!
Wingnut

All those kunai look formadible, but that one scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark comes to mind when this Efreet comes across a GM brandishing all these blades and the Feddie pilot just shoots the Zeek dead in one shot with his beam rifle.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Homeless

I'm sure the Efreet will shrug off multiple glancing beam rifle shots, parry a beam saber with its forearm, and then destroy the GM with a kunai hit.
balofo

the Efreet actually
Spoiler
scores a kill.
flamingtroll

The problem I have this Efreet is how it just pretends that throwing knives are actually useful in combat, enough to make a completely new custom variant based around that idea. Not to mention the difficulty maintaining a MS like this. I am sure soon there will be yet another retcon story about how this was yet another unused prototype variant left over from the OYW.