The Dra-C and Delaz Fleet Mobile Suit composition

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
JEFFPIATT

Re: The Dra-C and Delaz Fleet Mobile Suit composition

I would think that operation stardust was actually a operation that would require uniting a large amount of the rouge zeon forces to run the attack and calling for axis was a way to allow the remaining ships post operation to gain an escape route and not leave the space forces that refused to surrender and join the Republic of Zeon's fleet to join the axis forces. What remains open is why the Dra-C has an official Zeon Model Number if it was built by rebel forces from scraps. my guess is that the Dra-C was actually a last ditch concept like the Zaku tank where the field engineers actually were sent the instructions to take parts from a damaged Zaku II and other common parts and refit them in to a functional combat unit. the other thing I am wondering the if the Dra-C is only the C version of the MS-21 series what do the A and B units look like and were those units like the zaku tank and Gaza series construction units before being sent out as combat units.
REMecha00Q

How many Dra-c's survived the Delaz conflict (considering its low production number and that it was later used by axis (movie only) and the sleeves)?
JEFFPIATT

the other question is if after operation stardust ended how many of the damaged Zaku II F2 units were converted in to Dra-C units by Axis instead of being repaired as zakus. it would fit for the returning axis fleet to construct additional units on there way to axis and build new units to supplement the gaza units they were building.
REMecha00Q

Didn't think of that, I thought Dra-c production was a delaz fleet exclusive. How many F2s were seen to escaped or picked up?
mcred23

REMecha00Q wrote:Didn't think of that, I thought Dra-c production was a delaz fleet exclusive. How many F2s were seen to escaped or picked up?
IIRC, we see the Axis fleet pick up damaged Zaku F2 at one point, but that's about it. The bulk of Delaz's forces are shown being wiped out in combat, Karius and one or two other Rick Dom II's are the only units we see actually getting away, so very few from there likely made it. Similarly, to answer your other question, we aren't even sure how many Dra-C's were used during Stardust, I would think all of the 30 or so that were built, but I have nothing to really support that, so we can't say how many survived.

However, it's likely Axis already had some MS-06F2's around, and it's worth noting that the Zeta movies do include a Dra-C among the Axis forces, so perhaps a few did somehow make it to them, or they built a few themselves between 0083 and 0087...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
JEFFPIATT

I would have thought it was a stock blueprint that the zeon field engineers came up with to boost the ranks of deploy-able ms since it has an actual zeon model number. it seems to be the zaku tank of space its a mix of zaku II parts with a new head gun and a shield with beam saber with the gattle space fighter. my guess is that is was a late war design that only got actually built and used post war by the remaining zeon forces who refused to surrender.
mcred23

I'm not sure about that. Everything I've heard about the Dra-C seems to indicate it's a field design by the Delaz Fleet at the Garden of Thorns to help boost their numbers and make use of easily found parts (From Zakus and Gattle fighters). Mark's timeline notes that the Delaz Fleet start development of their own mobile suits in December 0082, and then the Dra-C begins production in May 0083. That seems pretty clear to me, and May of 0083 seems far too long after the OYW for them to start building the Dra-C if it was intended to be a quick production design like you suggest.

Also, something else I noticed in the timeline was mention of how early on Axis and the Delaz Fleet got into contact (November 0081), so it seems fairly reasonable to me that, once they did develop the design, the Delaz Fleet would pass it along to Axis, who may have produced some of their own from old Zaku F2's and Gattles they had around (Accounting for what the Zeta movies show).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Calubin_175

If we consider Gundam Senki 0081 as canon, I heard that the Delaz Fleet also provisioned the Invincible Knights with Gelgoog Bs. If that's the case, then the Delaz Fleet must have had some Gelgoogs beforehand.
toysdream

Calubin_175 wrote:If we consider Gundam Senki 0081 as canon, I heard that the Delaz Fleet also provisioned the Invincible Knights with Gelgoog Bs. If that's the case, then the Delaz Fleet must have had some Gelgoogs beforehand.
Only filmed works are official, so we can't consider this "canon." :-)

-- Mark
teslashark

There are some official mentionings of Dra-A and Dra-B but no pictures. Seems that they are some kind of test beds for porpulsion systems, witi 06F instead of F2's body, also with some kind of arms that can use standard Zeon weapons. The Dra-C is indeed made from stock blueprints.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
toysdream

teslashark wrote:There are some official mentionings of Dra-A and Dra-B but no pictures. Seems that they are some kind of test beds for porpulsion systems, witi 06F instead of F2's body, also with some kind of arms that can use standard Zeon weapons.
I've never heard of this. Where does this "official" info come from?

-- Mark
teslashark

toysdream wrote:
teslashark wrote:There are some official mentionings of Dra-A and Dra-B but no pictures. Seems that they are some kind of test beds for porpulsion systems, witi 06F instead of F2's body, also with some kind of arms that can use standard Zeon weapons.
I've never heard of this. Where does this "official" info come from?

-- Mark
I read it in CNMSL last year, it was a Japanese article. CNMSL's server broke physically so I can't paste the stuff here. However, there are sitll some Japanese sites discussing those two types but still no official picture. It is somehow taken as granted that 21A and 21B must exist, even as blueprints, though there were nothing detailed
toysdream

teslashark wrote:I read it in CNMSL last year, it was a Japanese article. CNMSL's server broke physically so I can't paste the stuff here. However, there are sitll some Japanese sites discussing those two types but still no official picture. It is somehow taken as granted that 21A and 21B must exist, even as blueprints, though there were nothing detailed
The only Japanese-language mentions I can find through Google are idle message-board speculation. It looks like normal, healthy fan gossip, not any kind of official info.

-- Mark
teslashark

toysdream wrote:
teslashark wrote:I read it in CNMSL last year, it was a Japanese article. CNMSL's server broke physically so I can't paste the stuff here. However, there are sitll some Japanese sites discussing those two types but still no official picture. It is somehow taken as granted that 21A and 21B must exist, even as blueprints, though there were nothing detailed
The only Japanese-language mentions I can find through Google are idle message-board speculation. It looks like normal, healthy fan gossip, not any kind of official info.

-- Mark
Yes. Only 2chan chatting is left, and I think there's only one thread there. Anyway, Delaz is not going to take any 21s that is not a 21C with him (if there ever is a A or B type). Your theories are right.
PS... I really need your help for my original story. Read that thread? I need your critical opinions.
tomexe

Do any of the sources give an idea of how many Republic of Zeon ships and MS's defected to the Delaz Fleet after he made his TV broadcast showing the GP02 to the world?
As I recall, the Albion and the other picket line ships and their MS's had been fighting small groups of MS's for hours before the large wave of MS's that launched with Gato arrived. And also I remember Monsha making comments about those MS's being amatures, apparently being picked off with ease.
I understood the scenerio at that time that the Republic of Zeon still existed and was still a independent nation with a millitary and a fleet, albeit a much reduced one. Reduced both from losses and treaty obligations, kind of like Weimar Germany. But they still had some ships, which would be mostly Musai crusers and Pazok transports with Zaku IIF2s, some Rick Dom 9Js and a very small number of Gelgoogs for elite units.

I had understood when I watched it that the Delaz Fleet was reenforced by a lot of young men in old MS's from Side 3, and these were given the simple assignment of attacking the picket line and bringing down as many Federation MS's as they could

I could be wrong, its been a while since I watched that tape- as in a few years... :oops:
tHeWasTeDYouTh

tomexe wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 am Do any of the sources give an idea of how many Republic of Zeon ships and MS's defected to the Delaz Fleet after he made his TV broadcast showing the GP02 to the world?
As I recall, the Albion and the other picket line ships and their MS's had been fighting small groups of MS's for hours before the large wave of MS's that launched with Gato arrived. And also I remember Monsha making comments about those MS's being amatures, apparently being picked off with ease.
I understood the scenerio at that time that the Republic of Zeon still existed and was still a independent nation with a millitary and a fleet, albeit a much reduced one. Reduced both from losses and treaty obligations, kind of like Weimar Germany. But they still had some ships, which would be mostly Musai crusers and Pazok transports with Zaku IIF2s, some Rick Dom 9Js and a very small number of Gelgoogs for elite units.

I had understood when I watched it that the Delaz Fleet was reenforced by a lot of young men in old MS's from Side 3, and these were given the simple assignment of attacking the picket line and bringing down as many Federation MS's as they could

I could be wrong, its been a while since I watched that tape- as in a few years... :oops:
I watched Gundam 0083 and there is no mention of the Republic of Zeon in the anime series by any character other than Delaz very briefly in his speech. The Zeon soldiers that Monsha mentions are just other remnant forces gathering close to Solomon and staging attacks on the Federation patrols. No one ever says they are Republic of Zeon deserters. I wish Gundam 0083 had actually talked about what was going on inside of the Republic of Zeon. Only time this is even touched up is in Char's Deleted Affair when Char and other Zeon soldiers from Axis infiltrate's and they see how the Federation is really running things in the back and hunting Zeon loyalist. Of course this is not canon as its a manga.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
John-Luck Pickerd

Well considering that the colony Delaz used for his drop was supposed to be delivered to Side 3, I cant imagine Side 3 is very happy about losing atleast one of their very expensive and valuable resource. I am surprised no one from Side 3 is trying to, you know, get their property back.
Mafty

Especially because there was mass survivor displacement following the OYW. Many of the civilian population were stuck on ships until Axis and Sweetwater were completed.

As for the Dra-C how powerful was it? It's often called a machine cobbled together from spare parts; but they managed to make a lot of them, and they seem more sturdy than the Federation repaired MS in 08th MS Team.
Chris
Administrator

Let's not necro 10-year-old threads, please.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his