The Official SRW OG Inspector Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Chris
Administrator

The Official SRW OG Inspector Mecha Thread Mk I

Here's a thread for discussing anything mecha-related in regards to The Inspector. Like, WTF is that thing Bullet is piloting, for example.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official SRW OG Inspector Mecha Thread Mk I

Yeah, what that MP maybe-not-Huckieben thing is is a big question. Hope we get an answer soon so I can do those reviews.

On that note, what are the names of the tanks the DC and Feds were using? How about those transport ships? Been awhile since I've played the games so I don't remember.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

Well, Crunchyroll's subs have Kyosuke refer to it as "MP Vanguard"; And it sort of looks like a Huckebein MkII-M with the Wildschwein's backpack.

I wonder if there'll be lineart for Beowulf's Gespenst MkIII/AltEisen Nacht; it's pretty clearly more than just a blue AltEisen, but it doesn't look quite the same as Kaguya's Nacht from EF.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Dark Duel wrote: I wonder if there'll be lineart for Beowulf's Gespenst MkIII/AltEisen Nacht; it's pretty clearly more than just a blue AltEisen, but it doesn't look quite the same as Kaguya's Nacht from EF.
Beowulf's MkIII also doesn't have the triple/penta machine-cannon on its left arm either. I also can't tell if its based off the regular AltEisen or Reise. I'm leaning more toward regular though.

Also, in the intro with Soulgain in front of the white star, are those units the R-Eins? Y'know, the MP SM version of the R-blade?
Dark Duel

They're either R-Eins or Ashsabers - can't quite recall, as I wasn't really paying too much attention; I'll go back and check in a little while.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Dark Duel wrote:Well, Crunchyroll's subs have Kyosuke refer to it as "MP Vanguard"; And it sort of looks like a Huckebein MkII-M with the Wildschwein's backpack.
Yeah, well, Kyousuke doesn't actually say anything like that. This could be a case of Crunchyroll pulling stuff out of their butts, or they could have insider knowledge about what it's called. Have to wait on that.

About the mechs in the opening: I'd say they're R-Eins, but they also resemble the Mark II M... Or whatever Bullet pilots.

Also, any idea what this thing is? I don't recognise it... It's definitely not the Alt, so why would it be on the title card...
Strike Albion

The units alongside the White Star in my opinion seem to be the R-Eins of course I could be wrong. No way could they be the Gespy Mk-IIs the Shadow Mirros used in OG2/OGS nor those big heavy armored units either.

Like Destiny said it's possible they are the so-called MP Vanguard. Or as previosly said maybe even Ashsabers although I'm pretty sure they had the G-Cannons the R-Eins have and not the Sword Breaker systems the Ashsaber used.

On that note if that thing is the MP Type I wonder if we'll see the Prototype somewhere down the line, considering the original Huckebein reappeared in OG2 so here's hoping the PT Vanguard will appear. I think that the Vanguard is part of the Aegis Plan (the OG-version of Aegis) simply as it was mentioned in the episode.

I must say Beowulf's scenes were...surprising. Never expected to see his MKIII do that.
hitokirigarou

Destiny_Gundam wrote:what are the names of the tanks the DC and Feds were using? How about those transport ships? Been awhile since I've played the games so I don't remember.
DC tank = MHT-27 Fylgia
Fed tank = Type-82 Goverment
transport ship in opening = Trilobite
winged transport ship = Stork
branman88

How big do you think the transformed mk III is?
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Strike Albion

branman88 wrote:How big do you think the transformed mk III is?
Whilst I don't have a definate answer I do remember from OGS that Soulgain was actually taller than the Alt Eisen of our universe so if that transformed MkIII was bigger than Soulgan than I'm thinking something like the size of...well maybe the SRX?
ZeroBusterXX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Yeah, well, Kyousuke doesn't actually say anything like that. This could be a case of Crunchyroll pulling stuff out of their butts, or they could have insider knowledge about what it's called. Have to wait on that.

About the mechs in the opening: I'd say they're R-Eins, but they also resemble the Mark II M... Or whatever Bullet pilots.

Also, any idea what this thing is? I don't recognise it... It's definitely not the Alt, so why would it be on the title card...
Spoiler
Well, I'm reasonably certain that's the Alt Eisen Riese. The placement of the logo makes it hard to tell what's foreground and background in the image, though.
Dark Duel

That's exactly what it is - the shape of the face, just-visible single horn on the farthest left side, the peculiar shape of the head to the side of said horn and massive vertical edge on the far right, which corresponds to the inside edge of the shoulder, to me identify it conclusively - going from a very close look at images on dalong and elsewhere.

As to the Shadow Mirror units seen behind SoulGain, a quick verification has confirmed, at least as far as I can tell, That they are RPT-014 R-Eins.

Arsarcana

Strike Albion wrote:Whilst I don't have a definate answer I do remember from OGS that Soulgain was actually taller than the Alt Eisen of our universe so if that transformed MkIII was bigger than Soulgan than I'm thinking something like the size of...well maybe the SRX?
Sounds close enough. Alt is 22 meters, Soulgain is 41 and SRX is 51.

Gotta say, they know how to get your attention right from the start mecha-wise. Divine Wars gave us both Astranagants at once (don't ask about the scale) and Inspector has given us the Nacht.
Strike Albion

Yeah the Natch and it's super-freak-transformed state. Please tell me I wasn't the only who's brain screamed "Einst" when the first signs of it's transformation begun? I also can't shake the feeling that even though OG2 only had Beowulf appear once that he may show up again in Inspector.

Since it's the only 'new' unit at the moment ths 'Vanguard' is, to me, the most interesting thing aside from the Natch's transformation. Sure it may just be a Huckebein MkIIM with the Wildschwein's but there's something about mass production models that I love. I did after all love the MkIIM's design so I'm hoping we'll see the 'Vanguard' even after Bullet upgrades to the you-know-what with his partner in crime...among other things.
Destiny_Gundam

Dark Duel wrote:That's exactly what it is - the shape of the face, just-visible single horn on the farthest left side, the peculiar shape of the head to the side of said horn and massive vertical edge on the far right, which corresponds to the inside edge of the shoulder, to me identify it conclusively - going from a very close look at images on dalong and elsewhere.
I don't think so. For one, it's blue, and for another, the shoulder binders are too small to be the claymore launchers.
Wingnut

There's also something interesting that shows up on either Bullet's or another pilot's HuckSchwein* in the next episode preview.

And a rearview shot of the HuckeSchwein*.

* = Personal nickname for the time being.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hitokirigarou

The Alteisen Nacht in this anime, so far, looks exactly like the one in Endless Frontier although it's missing the Shield Claymore on its left arm.

Just noticed that Bullet's MP Huckebein Mk-II has some Wildschwein design elements: The back thrusters/binders, parts of the shoulders, forearms, front/side/rear skirt armor, legs and "ears". The next episode preview shows it using the Circle Zanber.
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I don't think so. For one, it's blue, and for another, the shoulder binders are too small to be the claymore launchers.
I'm gonna agree with Dark Duel and say that it's the Alt Riese. The blue color can be chalked up to dramatic/artistic lighting, and it looks to me like that large thing on the right side of the frame could be the inner edge of the claymore. Plus, the face and helmet do match the Alt Riese's more than anything else.

I don't like to admit it, but Bullet's unusual mech further supports the prediction that the Huckebeins will once again not be making an animated appearance (on the grounds that they look too much like Gundams or something like that). I'm hoping the prediction is wrong, and that Banpresto wouldn't be stupid enough not to include the Mark-III, but judging from how the last series went in that regard, one can never say.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Strike Albion

I'm actually surprised he's using a heavily modified MkIIM as opposed to the MKIIM itself. The MKIIM has little in terms of similarity with Gundams and in fact made an appearance in OG: The Animation.

What I want to know is, is this 'MP Vanguard' a mass production model based upon the Wildschwein or a variant of the Huckebein MKIIM? It has too many similar features to the Wildschwein imo to be just a variant of the MKIIM.

Like you Strike Zero, I doubt the Huckebeins will be making an appearence. Especially the MKIII since Bullet is probably gonna get Koryuou soon unless they give Kusuha Ryukoou by 'himself' whilst the MKIII Trombe will also probably not make an appearence judging by the fact the OP had Zengar and Ratsel with their Dynamic General Guardians.

I just hope poor Leona isn't given a Guarlion, as cool as it is, for the entire show considering she won't be able to use the MKIII-R. What are the chances of Leona using the XRAM-006VC Siegerlion?
Destiny_Gundam

Well, I say if they're going to cut out some storylines to make it fit the number of episodes they're given, Ryoto's storyline with the Mark III would be an obvious choice.