The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kenji

The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

30 pages, new topic.

Now that A wakening of the Trailblazer is about to come out, we actually have things to talk about. Have fun, don't be jerks, y'all know the rest. :)
yazi88 wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:Umm... until now the eyes have always been hidden under the visor so there's no way to claim that they've always been a different color and just turn red when the visor lifts (also, the color you're looking for is 'blue'). It's much more likely that the eyes have always been red and the visor has just obscured that fact.

In addition, even if the eyes do change color it doesn't mean Harute has to employ the same system as a machine in a completely different universe that just happened to employ the same color-changing gimmick. That logic makes no sense on several levels.
I was just joking about the EXAM system comparison although thanks for the correction about the visor's color being blue, I couldn't tell between green and blue in the 00 Gundams sometimes.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Geoxile

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

I have to wonder.

What's the point of having a visor and then a regular pair of eyes and then yet another two pairs from an opening helmet and mouth guard?
Arsarcana

Like I said in the previous thread, extra sensor power for more accurate targeting or the ability to better engage multiple targets or whatever. It basically says as much in the GN-X manual when explaining why that design has four eyes instead of two like the Throne series it's based on. If you want the out of universe reason they probably went with the visor and six hidden red eyes of doom: It looks cool.
Dark Duel

It certainly does indeed look very cool. Though the placement of the lower set of eyes on the faceplate remind me of the Shinkiro from Code Geass
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Symbolhime

Judging by that second trailer, there look to be at least four types of Alien, uh, thing.

You can see three recurring ones in the bit with the Trans-Am Burst, and there's a bigger one in another scene.

It's interesting.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
Geoxile

Arsarcana wrote:Like I said in the previous thread, extra sensor power for more accurate targeting or the ability to better engage multiple targets or whatever. It basically says as much in the GN-X manual when explaining why that design has four eyes instead of two like the Throne series it's based on. If you want the out of universe reason they probably went with the visor and six hidden red eyes of doom: It looks cool.
I mean, why separate them all?
SonicSP

Calubin translated some info from some of the sources:

http://h.imagehost.org/0647/Image32.jpg

Image credit to Homeless, paraphrase translation by calubin_175 (with some opinions included in the last part I believe):
calubin_175 wrote:The Brave is competing with the Gadeleza as the next mainstay unit.

In terms of the GN-X IV, it adopts Innovade technology and Ahead concept, with performance that rivals that of Gundams.

To my understanding, the current mainstay lies in the GNX-800 series which will be replaced by the 900 series when testing is finalized. But honestly, the 900 series and the Gadeleza are too specialized, which aren't really suitable for a mainstay, much like the 3rd and 4th generation mobile suits in UC, even though their constitutional factors are more innovative technology based rather than overall performance increase.
calubin_175 wrote:By the way, the competition statement is from one of the staff members, so it may not be credible.

Interesting, the Brave is more advanced than the GN-X IV it seems.

----------------

Some info calubin paraphrased from Hg 00Q:
calubin_175 wrote:One of the Drives is actually hidden inside the shield(the attachment part to its shoulder), thus it provides quick recharge for the sword bits. A beam gun is also situated on the shield for interception purposes. The bits can deploy a GN Field when positioned together.
azrael

SonicSP wrote:Interesting, the Brave is more advanced than the GN-X IV it seems.
Considering that the Brave is built more from the ground up while the GN-X IV is a design that has new stuff built on-top of an existing idea. But probably the key thing to pull out of there is this:
But honestly, the 900 series and the Gadeleza are too specialized, which aren't really suitable for a mainstay, ... even though their constitutional factors are more innovative technology based rather than overall performance increase.
So while the Brave and Gadelza are much more innovative, they don't show a performance increase over the GN-X IV and even worst, are too specialized.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
SonicSP

http://j.imagehost.org/0580/10119007k.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0053/10119007k2.jpg

I have a request, can somebody read the manual and clarify how many new solar furnaces were made for 00Q? I've been told that the sentence was almost exactly the same as the one on the 00Q web profile, which was inconclusive in that regard as it doesn't elaborate a plural or singular notion (and no numerical statements when it comes to defining the new solar furnaces either).

Would love to know more about the GN Sword V to I guess but its "the number of newly developed solar furnace" that are bothering me so I'd appreciate if the translators can give their opinion about it.

Credit for the images goes to Homeless and Hobbysearch.

---------------------

Someone made a sub of the latest trailer I believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugwvJOdo-ls
flamingtroll

It says the 2 installed solar furnace and that they were made at Jupiter. Nothing that is not already obvious about GN Sword V, like how it can be a sword and a rifle and how it combines with the bits to become more powerful.
radioactive28

Probably not a big deal, but the newly-made Drives (for the Qan[T] at least) were created with the TDS in mind, so they were in sync from the beginning. No mention of the total number of drives created, but this really opens up the possibility of more than one TDS for CB, yes? :P

What intrigues me is that the last line of the Qan[T]'s description. It goes something along the lines of "It is likely that [the Qan[T]] is more powerful than the 00 Raiser at using quantum brainwaves to connect people's minds within the high-density particle region of the battlefield. With that in mind, the Qan[T] is both a weapon as well as a means of stopping the fighting."
ArkeotheHedgehog

If the Quan[T] has one of its two GN drives in the shield, what the heck happens when it loses the shield? No more twin drive system, no more quantization, no more "connecting peoples' minds" is my guess. I guess we will finally see if Setsuna is a good pilot or not if he loses the TDS.

Also, the new Brave is pretty slick, if you ask me. I could definitely see its place in the Federation's MS lineup as a long-range interceptor-type as opposed to the GN-X IV being a "mainstay" fighting unit.
iguanaman8989

ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:If the Quan[T] has one of its two GN drives in the shield, what the heck happens when it loses the shield? No more twin drive system, no more quantization, no more "connecting peoples' minds" is my guess. I guess we will finally see if Setsuna is a good pilot or not if he loses the TDS.
They probably went along the same line of thinking for the 00's shoulder mounted drives, in that the benefits outweighed the dangers.
ArkeotheHedgehog

They probably went along the same line of thinking for the 00's shoulder mounted drives, in that the benefits outweighed the dangers.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Sorry that I didn't think of it. And didn't 00 have some kind of beam shield thingy that sprouted out of the GN drives on its shoulder binders? Maybe now with an even bigger shield the GN field will be that much stronger.
Amadi Akintunde

ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Sorry that I didn't think of it. And didn't 00 have some kind of beam shield thingy that sprouted out of the GN drives on its shoulder binders? Maybe now with an even bigger shield the GN field will be that much stronger.
You're either talking about the usual GN Field or what happened in Season 2 Episode 2.
SonicSP

ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:

Emission of particles from GN Drives seem to be able to block beams. In S207, when Ta 00 Gundam shot a beam at Bushido's Ahead, the shot barely did anything. Someone mentioned another example to me as well in regards with Drei but cannot remember the exact scene.

Ranged beams shouldn't be much of a worry as much as melee attacks to swipe the connector's clean IMO. 00R's defences are already strong so 00Q should be even stronger.
flamingtroll wrote:It says the 2 installed solar furnace and that they were made at Jupiter. Nothing that is not already obvious about GN Sword V, like how it can be a sword and a rifle and how it combines with the bits to become more powerful.
radioactive28 wrote:Probably not a big deal, but the newly-made Drives (for the Qan[T] at least) were created with the TDS in mind, so they were in sync from the beginning. No mention of the total number of drives created, but this really opens up the possibility of more than one TDS for CB, yes? :P

What intrigues me is that the last line of the Qan[T]'s description. It goes something along the lines of "It is likely that [the Qan[T]] is more powerful than the 00 Raiser at using quantum brainwaves to connect people's minds within the high-density particle region of the battlefield. With that in mind, the Qan[T] is both a weapon as well as a means of stopping the fighting."
Ah, so I'd guess its still mysterious than? But synced from the start does certainly sound like an interesting concept nonetheless.
Gone Astray

SonicSP wrote:
ArkeotheHedgehog wrote:Yeah, I suppose you're right. Sorry that I didn't think of it. And didn't 00 have some kind of beam shield thingy that sprouted out of the GN drives on its shoulder binders? Maybe now with an even bigger shield the GN field will be that much stronger.
Emission of particles from GN Drives seem to be able to block beams. In S207, when Ta 00 Gundam shot a beam at Bushido's Ahead, the shot barely did anything. Someone mentioned another example to me as well in regards with Drei but cannot remember the exact scene.
During Trinity's assault on the HRL base, around episode 20 or 21, Nena blocks some shots from a Tieren with the Stealth Field emitters; she simply opened them and let out a flood of particles, which was just what the 00 did in its first battle. It obviously doesn't have to come from a Drive, and it doesn't just stop beams--a quick and heavy burst of uncompressed particles has shielding properties. Not too far a stretch, since a Field is just a bunch of particles arranged in a sphere for the same purpose.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
SonicSP

We have a potential of six Original GN Drives in the movie, but we have one unaccounted for. Interesting to see where its used and/or what happened to it.
Arsarcana

Well, assuming for purposes of argument that there are two brand spanking new Drives made for 00Q that would leave 0's Drive the odd one out, right? They could just leave the thing where it is in the Exia Repair II so they have a backup suit not dependant on condensers. This would also leave them a Drive hooked up to the ship most of the time, letting them use all their GNP-consuming toys without worrying about running low on particles at a bad moment. Of course, they could also ditch the R2 and just connect the Drive to the ship directly.
Arbiter GUNDAM

radioactive28 wrote:Probably not a big deal, but the newly-made Drives (for the Qan[T] at least) were created with the TDS in mind, so they were in sync from the beginning. No mention of the total number of drives created, but this really opens up the possibility of more than one TDS for CB, yes? :P
Doesn't the last scene of 00S2 show that there are five new GN drives out at Jupiter?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion