The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AnimeMun

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

Not to mention the fact that the Harute is built upon the Arios' frame so moving the cockpit location when the base of it is still intact would be quite senseless.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
SonicSP

^Harute is not physically constructed from the Arios. Arios was rebuilt and equiped as Arios Ascalon and used by Fereshte in 2314.
radioactive28

SonicSP wrote:^Harute is not physically constructed from the Arios. Arios was rebuilt and equiped as Arios Ascalon and used by Fereshte in 2314.
Good to hear this, been thinking I had read something wrongly somewhere all this while.
Been seeing a few posts saying "Zabanya was built from Cherudim" and the like, but I distinctly remember reading that the designs for Harute and Zabanya were based off the frames of Arios and Cherudim (to save money), but they were not built directly using the old frames.
SonicSP

The translation said something like Harute and Zabanya were build of a new version of Arios and Cherudim's frames and that their technological upgrades wee going to be more limited but still going to get higher firepower due to new weapon upgrades.

I recall there was the discussion of its exact meaning since new version of Arios and cherudim's frame can mean either. Mike said she thought it was more of the former, and so did most of us due to the "resource problem" mention.

I did come out of the theory once that they were built of the same frames but different frames physically (just like they are hundreds of identical GN-X III frames out there but each one is a reproduction of the same design, if you catch my drift) as a secondary theory option. I thought of this because in the Gundam 00 Genealogy, Raphael was mentioned to have directly using Seravee's frame (like Gn Archer with Artemie) but not Zabanya and Harute and the director did not mention Raphael either so it means that it's either the same frame design or the book is just outdated/wrong. I did primarily believed in the reconstruction theory until 00I 2314 showed that it's not the case.

Re-using the exact basic frame design probably means they save money and materials in development costs and effort as well as time so they can focus to design 00 Quanta from the groundup.(as the same interview source also mentions)

If you think about it, part of the frames is replaced most of the time when the MS loses limbs and need replacement so even if they actually retained some of the same physical material from Cherurios, most of it is going to be new anyways and its not like limbs has not been replaced before, basically re-newing some of the frame. And its presumable that CB has a decent degree of spare parts which includes the limb frames and they seem bigger than the torso in general. But keeping the same frame design is more of a quicker and easier way to upgrade your MS at the cost of being less progressive but should be very cost saving indeed and easier indeed but it also means you can push its limits technologically less to. ( maybe its like developing a new game on the same game console rather than the new successor platform?)
Den Sethos

maybe its like developing a new game on the same game console rather than the new successor platform?
Simply using the same graphic engine would be an apt comparison, if I may say so.

After A-Laws' fall, what became of the remaining A-Laws MSs? The GN-X would be incorporated in the regular army, okay, but what about the Ahead? It was nice enough MS, after all. Are any seen in the movie?
ZeroBusterXX

Den Sethos wrote:
maybe its like developing a new game on the same game console rather than the new successor platform?
Simply using the same graphic engine would be an apt comparison, if I may say so.

After A-Laws' fall, what became of the remaining A-Laws MSs? The GN-X would be incorporated in the regular army, okay, but what about the Ahead? It was nice enough MS, after all. Are any seen in the movie?
That was mentioned in some of the supplemental material.

The Feds won't use the Ahead due to the negative connotations attached to it and the A-Laws as a whole.
JEFFPIATT

same fate as everything touched by the titans in uc.
Newtype87

ZeroBusterXX wrote:
Den Sethos wrote:

That was mentioned in some of the supplemental material.

The Feds won't use the Ahead due to the negative connotations attached to it and the A-Laws as a whole.
Kind of the reverse of A-LAWS designing their mobile suits to not look like the Gundams from season 1, right down to extra armor over the torso GN condenser?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
gundamdestiny26

In the case of GN Drives you need to see the Gundam 00 chronology..cuz the techonological development drives of GN Particles had started from Gundam 00V or mya not.
Arsarcana

...okay, what did that have to do with any of the things we've been talking about?
SonicSP

gundamdestiny26 wrote:In the case of GN Drives you need to see the Gundam 00 chronology..cuz the techonological development drives of GN Particles had started from Gundam 00V or mya not.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
ZeroBusterXX

SonicSP wrote:
gundamdestiny26 wrote:In the case of GN Drives you need to see the Gundam 00 chronology..cuz the techonological development drives of GN Particles had started from Gundam 00V or mya not.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I think he's saying to check the technology timeline of Gundam 00. The one that shows all the various units and their "evolution" from earlier models in regards to any improvements on the GN Drive/GN Particles.

I think.
AnimeMun

SonicSP wrote:The translation said something like Harute and Zabanya were build of a new version of Arios and Cherudim's frames and that their technological upgrades wee going to be more limited but still going to get higher firepower due to new weapon upgrades.

I recall there was the discussion of its exact meaning since new version of Arios and cherudim's frame can mean either. Mike said she thought it was more of the former, and so did most of us due to the "resource problem" mention.

I did come out of the theory once that they were built of the same frames but different frames physically (just like they are hundreds of identical GN-X III frames out there but each one is a reproduction of the same design, if you catch my drift) as a secondary theory option. I thought of this because in the Gundam 00 Genealogy, Raphael was mentioned to have directly using Seravee's frame (like Gn Archer with Artemie) but not Zabanya and Harute and the director did not mention Raphael either so it means that it's either the same frame design or the book is just outdated/wrong. I did primarily believed in the reconstruction theory until 00I 2314 showed that it's not the case.

Re-using the exact basic frame design probably means they save money and materials in development costs and effort as well as time so they can focus to design 00 Quanta from the groundup.(as the same interview source also mentions)

If you think about it, part of the frames is replaced most of the time when the MS loses limbs and need replacement so even if they actually retained some of the same physical material from Cherurios, most of it is going to be new anyways and its not like limbs has not been replaced before, basically re-newing some of the frame. And its presumable that CB has a decent degree of spare parts which includes the limb frames and they seem bigger than the torso in general. But keeping the same frame design is more of a quicker and easier way to upgrade your MS at the cost of being less progressive but should be very cost saving indeed and easier indeed but it also means you can push its limits technologically less to. ( maybe its like developing a new game on the same game console rather than the new successor platform?)
Ummm....how does this change what I wrote again? If they used a spare Arios frame that still means they used Arios' frame. Which last I checked still means the cockpit block is in the same spot. Of course I could be wrong.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Arsarcana

I think that was just exploring the issue of whether Zabanya and Harute were built over the remains of the Cherudim and Arios or just used the existing frames and parts as a base, not anything directed towards the location of Harute's cockpit.
SonicSP

Setsuna's Flag is called the CBNGN-003 "Union Flag Orbit Package B Custom" according to REMOVED Wiki. Homeless translated it from the page below and translate the name as "Union Flag Celestial Being-use".

Hmm.......Homeless says that the main weapon's name is GN Sword II Kai.

http://c.imagehost.org/0289/at01.jpg

For the ones who have not seen it yet, it looks like this:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6467 ... 116824.jpg

Pic credits goes to homeless.

=======

My personal initial guess is the "NGN" part means Non GN just like it meant for Astraea F and GN-X III's NGN Bazooka. Just a guess though. I swear it used a beam weapon at least once however.
Gone Astray

SonicSP wrote:My personal initial guess is the "NGN" part means Non GN just like it meant for Astraea F and GN-X III's NGN Bazooka. Just a guess though. I swear it used a beam weapon at least once however.
It's probably just to differentiate it from suits that use a Drive or a condensor as their main power source. The GN Sword II Kai likely has a small condensor to it, just like Sergei's Tieren and its beam rifle.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
SonicSP

http://c.imagehost.org/0869/img343.jpg

From Dengeki Hobby, credit Homeless.

Some translations would be nice too.

=============
Homeless wrote:Last sentence of the top-middle paragraph:
http://c.imagehost.org/0551/img350.jpg
Looks to peg the Gadelaza at 302 meters in overall length.
Homeless

Might as well up the chances of interesting bits getting translated. So here's last month's chapter of 00N:
http://c.imagehost.org/0951/img346.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0817/img347.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0143/img348.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0551/img350.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0862/img351.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0243/img352.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0037/img353.jpg

It actually has quite a bit to say about the Gadelaza as well, including what Sonic just edited into his post.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Wingnut

SonicSP wrote:Some translations would be nice too.
No kidding. Namely I do want to know why the GN-XIV seems to be double the size of the previous machines. Better to fight the ELS with?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Homeless

Its because those images aren't even slightly to scale.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain