The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Heecarl_Reez

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVII

Guess it's overreacting on my side, a hasty comments because I didn't saw the beam sabers in manual :oops: . Actually I didn't dismiss the other possibility though, especially with the HG of Bacpack Gundam still waiting it's release date. :mrgreen: And for the screening...I'm having fight inside to resist spoilers. Hope we won't have to wait long for the DVD. :D
Arsarcana

Well, the gaps between the theatrical and DVD releases of the Rebuild of Eva movies have been eight and eleven months so far... :cry:
Heecarl_Reez

Well, that's some patience testing there!! Additional information, just checked the official website, and there's 4 months gap between the first episode of 2nd season and the release of BD/DVD vol.1. If that's an indication for the release time, then gotta prepare for the wait!!!

also from 00 Ace movie comics, 00R(Condenser Type) went EXia Repair, or if you prefer Crossbone Gundam :D. 1,2,3
blind_dead_mcjones

could you tell me via PM? if it takes 4-8 months to show up in the states then its going to be at least a couple of years until it trickles its way to down under
Flag Fighter for life!
radioactive28

Well, just came back from the screening. I won't go into the story, only going to address the mecha/tech portions (at least those that I can still remember) in no chronological order.

Spoilers ahead (you have been warned):
Spoiler
ELS:
Aliens, and living metal as the name points out.
Starts off assimilating vehicles to attack indviduals with high QBW (revealed as those with high potential to become Innovators) when bits of them first land on Earth. They are attracted by QBW and their presence invokes negative reactions from such individuals.
Later assimilates bigger machines like MSes and warships in battle, along the way gaining the ability to replicate technology they come into contact with.
There's actually a lot to say about them, but that would cover a good bit of plot, so not going there.

Gaderaza:
Big MA: many, many GN Fangs; one huge cannon; some sort of transformation/expansion to facilitate attacks, but no MS mode. Does not even survive half the show, assimilated and destroyed by ELS in the first major encounter. Bye, Descartes.

Braves:
Elite units, seems to be considerably more powerful than the grunt units.

Grunt units:
Well, nothing much to say, since I wasn't paying much attention to them.

00 Raiser:
No surprises, operating with condenser tanks. Arrives after the destruction of Gadelaza, eventually destroyed because Setsuna was affected by the ELS and couldn't fight. Setsuna almost goes too.

Raphael:
Tieria returns in a body. No surprises for the backpack, it's just Seravee. Both mechs are eventually sacrificed in a bid to save Setsuna. Tieria destroyed in the process. No big deal, he's still in VEDA, transferring to a physical body is just a convenience.
Like Gaderaza, it was gone by the first half of the show.

Zabanya:
Again, not much surprises beyond the trailers. Two Haros enable random sniping mode when the action gets thick and messy. Goes Trans-Am in the main battle, rises above the battlefield to do long-distance random sniping, rather effective.

Harute:
Al and Hal swaps in and out at will, no arguments or moral/ethical battles. Rather messy action (too messy, really), didn't catch some gimmicks (Scissors Bit?) if they were there. Went into the final battle with boosters on its legs. Tail missile container can be discarded after use. 6-eyed mode was activated, but I'm not sure about the purpose. They mentioned something about a Gundam for Super Soldiers.

00 Quanta:
Two specially-made GN Drives for high-compression particles. The only new true GN Drives in the show. Mini VEDA box installed in the cockpit, Tieria floats around as an avatar. The Sword Bits form up in a circle to create a field/shield. Handheld mode for Bits wasn't shown. Buster rifle has crazy power and range, basically a Raiser Sword.
Quantum System activated for the Dialogue. The shield aligns to the back for this, all the major condensors in the body are released/exposed.
Here's the shocker: towards the end, 00Q flies into circle formed by Sword Bits and teleports to the unknown homeworld of the ELS. The real deal, not the split-second movement that 00 Raiser did in S2.

Post-credit epilogue:
- Young Aeolia and a man [I didn't recognise the guy, but supposedly, it's the original Ribbons] talks about his findings ("particles that transmit thoughts," among others), his motivation and his plans.
- Setsuna returns to see Marina. He has seemingly white hair (proof of being a special Innovator, I suppose, as opposed to 25% of the human population who are now Innovators), but appearance is the same otherwise. She's an old, blind lady 50-odd years after the initial alien encounter.
- 00Q is shown covered by flowers, shield aligned on its back; Sword Bits are attached to the shield, but spread out to give the appearance of wings (much like Strike Freedom)
Gah. My memory might be a bit fuzzy on certain details, but I'm sure we'll have other reports coming in soon enough.

Oh, but a tidbit for those who must know:
Patrick
Spoiler
was stuck in his cockpit when his unit was assimilated by ELS. He says his goodbye to his Colonel, and it's revealed that metal was growing in the cockpit, eventually going to fill up and kill him. He proceeds to activate self-destruct.
This is the closest I've seen him ever get to seriously dying, but no, they had to deny him that.
Arsarcana

If you can recall, how did they resolve Raphael's drive setup? Also, simple yes or no, are there any mecha-related moments that made you go 'holy *%&#' (like Nadleeh's first appearance in S!, say) and which it would be better if we didn't know about going into the movie for the surprise factor? Thanks.
Espdude

question about Harute, did they explain the dual pilot set up at all?
azrael

Spoiler
So Dynames Repair shows up and I guess that became Zabanya?
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Wingnut

azrael wrote:
Spoiler
No. It's been stated before that the Zabanya is built on the remains of the Cheribum.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
radioactive28

Arsarcana wrote:If you can recall, how did they resolve Raphael's drive setup? Also, simple yes or no, are there any mecha-related moments that made you go 'holy *%&#' (like Nadleeh's first appearance in S!, say) and which it would be better if we didn't know about going into the movie for the surprise factor? Thanks.
Not too clear on Raphael, never did get any idea as to the third drive's location, or I wasn't paying enough attention.
For the second question, yes, but obviously, your mileage may vary.
Espdude wrote:question about Harute, did they explain the dual pilot set up at all?
I'd like to know as well, although I think it might have been because it was useful to have 2 super soldiers piloting a suit with multiple weapons (including Bits). One pilot, one gunner, that sort of thing. Maybe the six eyes were supposed to help with that, but no explanations.
blind_dead_mcjones

radioactive28 wrote:
Espdude wrote:question about Harute, did they explain the dual pilot set up at all?
I'd like to know as well, although I think it might have been because it was useful to have 2 super soldiers piloting a suit with multiple weapons (including Bits). One pilot, one gunner, that sort of thing. Maybe the six eyes were supposed to help with that, but no explanations.
Spoiler
if what i've read is correct, the six eyes thing was just a visual indicator for the audience that Hal specifically is in control
Flag Fighter for life!
Arsarcana

So... did Raphael have or pick up a true Drive at any point?
azrael

Arsarcana wrote:So... did Raphael have or pick up a true Drive at any point?
Spoiler
Judging by the lack of spoilers on the subject, I'm gonna say no.
And speaking of which, I take it we never see Raphael release the Seravee II or whatever it's called on its back?
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Arsarcana

Spoiler
So... does that mean they changed their minds twice (or is it three times) regarding how many drives they lost in the last episode? And that CB, knowing Tieria didn't have a Drive and was making a new (and inevitably particle-hungry) Gundam didn't make one for him while they were making new ones for 00Q? Wow.
Also, IIRC there was some ambiguous language on whether Zabanya's Holster Bits and the rifle extensions could operate as weapons without the Pistol Bits being inserted/attached respectively? Any clarification in the movie on that?
SonicSP

"Minor" are just in case reasons.
azrael wrote:
Spoiler
Minor
Spoiler
No, its just shows up for a short scene. Zabanya should be already complete by then though.
Arsarcana wrote:If you can recall, how did they resolve Raphael's drive setup? Also, simple yes or no, are there any mecha-related moments that made you go 'holy *%&#' (like Nadleeh's first appearance in S!, say) and which it would be better if we didn't know about going into the movie for the surprise factor? Thanks.
Minor
Spoiler
They didnt. Its a Full Tau suit apparent. None of the scenes from trailer 2 appeared, like Raphael doing the Wing Zero 360 sweep or Zabanya and the oversized perspective Sniper Rifle when we first saw the new designs.
Yes, and if I were to choose my favourite.....
Spoiler
......it would Setsuna's Flag. Handles it better than Graham IMO. Mecha are generally a letdown IMO though maybe some good parts here and there. Some of the ELS moments were super cool though so I wont say there is not any.
Wingnut wrote:
azrael wrote:
Spoiler
No. It's been stated before that the Zabanya is built on the remains of the Cheribum.
I'm not necessarily sure that's the case anymore because of 00I 2314 where Cherudim SAGA and Arios Ascalon is used.
radioactive28 wrote:Not too clear on Raphael, never did get any idea as to the third drive's location, or I wasn't paying enough attention.
I think its onboard the main Raphael body instead of being in [Backpack Gundam] considering its not in an obvious external location on the backpack.

It would make sense too in a multi Drive setup to split your Drives rather than make one go Full Condensers now that Drives supply is not an issue for Tiera.
Arsarcana wrote:So... did Raphael have or pick up a true Drive at any point?
Minor; one word reply
Spoiler
No
Arsarcana wrote:
Spoiler
So... does that mean they changed their minds twice (or is it three times) regarding how many drives they lost in the last episode? And that CB, knowing Tieria didn't have a Drive and was making a new (and inevitably particle-hungry) Gundam didn't make one for him while they were making new ones for 00Q? Wow.
Also, IIRC there was some ambiguous language on whether Zabanya's Holster Bits and the rifle extensions could operate as weapons without the Pistol Bits being inserted/attached respectively? Any clarification in the movie on that?
-I'm not sure. It may have been destroyed in S2 but there is not any clarification as far as I know.

However, 00I 2314 does have a separate side CB team working in the same year. So I'm beginning to suspect that they may be a possibility that its with them but who knows.

Minor
Spoiler
Either that or Ptolemaios 2 is using it without being mentioned.
-The Holster Bits are not seen shooting AFAIR, although the Haros refer to them as Shield Bits when they're combined in a pair+flying around and defending. Did not see the extensions fly by themselves fire either AFAIR. The movies actions scenes are very fast moving and alot of stuff is happening. It doesn't help that observation is not my forte.
Last edited by SonicSP on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arsarcana

SonicSP wrote:
Spoiler
They didnt. Its a Full Tau suit apparent. None of the scenes from trailer 2 appeared, like Raphael doing the Wing Zero 360 sweep
Ngggghhhh! They really like teasing us, don't thet?
Spoiler
Nadleeh pulls a non-rotating RBR, Seravee's Bazooka II looks like it should be able to do one, they show Raphael actually doing it in the trailer... and drop it for the actual movie. Hate them. Then again, it sounds like Raphael doesn't do much anyways.
Ah well, there's always SRW.

Thanks for all the info!
SonicSP

^
Minor
Spoiler
Raphael's screentime is extremely short so yeah.
An interesting note, Zabanya does not have the lightgun sniper rifle thing that it present in Dynames and Cherudim. At least I did not recall Lyle using it in Zabanya, if it has one. The Zabanya has some sort of large scale targeting system on it. A hologram can appear in the cockpit to show the location of enemies and Lockon and use it to know where to aim.

There was one time where Lockon shouted "Random shooting mode!!!" (not exact word, but something like that; I was busy laughing) or something while just shooting all over the place.

I also recall seeing some sort of conventional triggering mechanism in the cockpit. If you all recall S2 -10, Tiera used it when handling the turrets and I think the other PTolemaios turrets are controlled using this device in S2 too. I think I saw Lyle using this control stick in Zabanya's cockpit.

Minor; continued observation.
Spoiler
Also did not recall Zabanya sniping in the traditional sense either (as trailers 2 shows when we saw New Zabanya for the first time) though it can attack alot of enemies across far distances but its more like Lockon is managing the targeting rather than sniping like normal snipers. If what I said about the absent sniping lightgun is truem then this would make sense.

I'm sure the Rifle Bits could have just stood on one position and shot somewhere over long distance but I guess that's not exactly the traditional position with the arms and all.

Disclaimer: The reason why I keep saying recall is I'm going by memory and observation and human memory and observation is not perfect. Especially mine and I did watch it once with no rewind ability. I was trying to enjoy the movie rather than noting specific details although I did my best to do both.
ZeroBusterXX

"Random Shooting"? Maybe a nod to another of Miki's characters, Ryusei Date? "G-Revolver Random Fire!"
yazi88

So, is
Spoiler
Setsuna's custom Flag in the beginning of the movie
any different from regular ones? Or is it actually upgraded with CB tech?