How far is Axis from side 3 and the earth sphere

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
CJack90

How far is Axis from side 3 and the earth sphere

This bugs me how far is axis from side 3 and the earth sphere only thing I know is that it took 4 years I think for the delaz fleet to return earth sphere? Give me your facts on this fortress it will big help..
mcred23

Re: How far is Axis from side 3 and the earth sphere

Axis is located in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. If this chart is accurate, and so is my math (Oh god no! :mrgreen:), then it would be about 163 million miles from Earth.

That said, it doesn't take four years to travel there (And the Delaz Fleet never went there), at the most, it takes about two years. For example, for the Zeons to get there after the end of the OYW, it took about 15 months, from when they left Earth Sphere on January 15th, 0080, and arrived at Axis on March 28th, 0081. However, the trips of the Axis Advance Fleet and Axis itself took longer, each around 20 months or so.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
CJack90

thanks that chart bro looks accurate because my math is bad i can only base on my knowldege of what they say about axis in the anime..im surprised they survived there trip running low on fuel,cold etc.
Izayuukan

CJack90 wrote:im surprised they survived there trip running low on fuel,cold etc.
I believe I read that almost all warships going between the Belt and the Earth have to resupply en route (where exactly I don't know), except for the Gwazine class ships, which can carry enough food and parts for the entire journey.
hellbore

Izayuukan wrote:
CJack90 wrote:im surprised they survived there trip running low on fuel,cold etc.
I believe I read that almost all warships going between the Belt and the Earth have to resupply en route (where exactly I don't know), except for the Gwazine class ships, which can carry enough food and parts for the entire journey.
Wasn't Axis the resupply point between Earth and Jupiter for the Energy Fleets?
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Brave Fencer Kirby

Well, as for "how far away the asteroid belt is", the center of the belt is roughly 2.8 AU (roughly 419 million km) from the sun, with the Earth being 1 AU (about 150 million km) from the sun. That makes the closest point of the asteroid belt about 1.8 AU (270 million km) and the farthest point about 3.8 AU (568 million km). Every other point in the asteroid belt will be somewhere between those two distances.

A little googling indicates that a Hohmann transfer orbit (ie, high-efficiency in terms of propellant) take around 15 months, but can only be launched about that frequently (ie, it's 15 months from one launch window to the next). Gundam's timelines seem to use this as the minimum time -- it's almost exactly 15 months after the OYW that the Zeon refugees arrive at Axis. Both the Axis Advance Fleet in 0083 and Axis itself in Zeta take longer than that (21 and 20 months, respectively), but they wouldn't be able to make a Hohmann orbit anyway (if January 0080 was a launch window, then the Axis Advance Fleet leaves 4 months before a Hohmann orbit is possible, and Axis itself leaves a month too late to catch one).

It seems unlikely that there'd be anywhere to resupply between Earth and Axis, partially because there's no good place to put a resupply station and partially because Axis itself (as hellbore mentioned) was originally built as a resupply station between Earth and Jupiter.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!