The Saku.

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AnimeMun

The Saku.

First and foremost, I am not pulling a typo of the Zaku. I'm asking about the parody MS found in Gundam Ace. What I'm wondering on this one is two things.

First, what are the differences between this suit and the Zaku?

Second, how would such a suit fare in actual combat in place of a Zaku?
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Arsarcana

Re: The Saku.

It's a joke machine with little noodly arms and legs that looks more like something a teacher at Side 3 drew up for his grade school biology lessons than a mobile suit. It would get slaughtered assuming it could even stand up.
SolidSpidr

Oh you mean this thing?

Well as the picture shows had Zeon not scoffed at the Saku, Souf and Big Sam designs and invested in them they very well may have won the war.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
speedstriker

That's what I think too. If we were to make this a serious discussion, just thing about how overwhelmingly effective when you have 1000:1 advantage in the number of units you can deploy!

Aside from that, the three main features of the "s" series are:
-SUPER EASY 2 STEP ASSEMBLY!!(take the two cover parts and stick in the arms and lege units and you're done! 1 more step for command horn if you're building the commander versions)
-SUPER EASY MAINTENANCE!!
-SUPER EASY TO OPERATE!!

These three features will effectively render the "S" series the most cost efficient units in the whole OYW and allowed Zeon to finally create all their variations without breaking their budget! Just imagine that instead of the Gundam only having to fight one Brau Bro, it had to face 100 Sraus Sros! Or if the Gundam had to take on 10,000 "Soufs" instead of a single Gouf! With 50 Selmeths and 500000 Sits, even Amuro's NT abilities won't save him!

Once the "S" series are mass produced, the Federation will be defeated in not time!
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
Geoxile

Sorry but the feddies are hitting the G(y)M. Throwing foam at a wall won't break it.

Jokes aside. IIRC the Saku actually came from a hobby magazine as a joke and then featured in Gundam mangas in the blooper stuff and then in Gundam-San and so forth. That explains the "model" nature of the saku. Being a two pieces with rods stuck inside.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

This one is by far my favorite.

I have no idea how to adjust the name appropriately though. Skshatriya?? Makes it tough since sanskrit names have no 's' sounds and only 'sh' sounds....

Anyway, how would the performance of these things be like compared to the 'standard' units? Could 100 Sakus even be a threat to a Guntank?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
speedstriker

Seraphic wrote:This one is by far my favorite.

I have no idea how to adjust the name appropriately though. Skshatriya?? Makes it tough since sanskrit names have no 's' sounds and only 'sh' sounds....

Anyway, how would the performance of these things be like compared to the 'standard' units? Could 100 Sakus even be a threat to a Guntank?
In response to previous two posts, it is clearly shown in the manga that these things are powerful enough to win against regular MS if they are deployed in 10-1 ratios to the enemies. About 10 Sakus are shown to be able to take down a GM with ease.

So yeah, they'd be ridiculously effective.
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
AnimeMun

Here is another thought, what would the cockpit set up be for the "S class" MS?
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Arsarcana

speedstriker wrote:So yeah, they'd be ridiculously effective.
Bah, more Zeon propaganda along the lines of the promotion they did for the EMS-04... sorry, the EMS-10 Zudah.