Zanscare's Trump Cards, Zanspine and Zancock

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
speedstriker

Zanscare's Trump Cards, Zanspine and Zancock

From a sudden realization, I found that there are very little information on these two high-performance Zanscare machines and was wondering what the official backstory and descriptions are for these two.

To focus the discussion, I'll try asking a few questions.
-Was Zanscare's WoL technology developed independently or was it acquired? If it's acquired, when and how was this done?
-I read from somewhere that Zanspine's performance is supposed to rival or even surpass V2's, but haven't heard anything about Zancock. Any information would be nice.

Other than that, we can just talk about the two units in general since any information is better than none. Hope this isn't too loose of a discussion. :lol:
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
Kuruni

Re: Zanscare's Trump Cards, Zanspine and Zancock

For first question. Thank to Crossbone Gundam Steel 7, we learn that WoL was developed by SNRI.

Since Zanscare's MS are provided by BESPA, formerly Side 2 branch of SNRI, it's safe to assume that they already have the tech.
My girlfriend was a loli.
speedstriker

Right, but then how was it that a small rag-tag rebellion force, even with the Federation's backing, come about implementing the technology first? I can see it now, since the beam rotor is just a economical and creative way of using technology based off of WoL, but even then, you'd think that Zanscare would keep a few of the first WoL prototypes in case something major happens!

Funnily enough I'm dreaming up failed Bespa/SNRI machines MS Igloo style, but that's beside the point.
Geoxile

IIRC the profile from G Gen says the Zanspine was designed using data on the Minovsky thrust/drive siphoned from LM.

X-bone shows that SNRI virtually lost all their prototypes and data on the minovsky drive system in Steel 7. All F99 record breakers being destroyed and them having no data left over IIRC. The only record of the minovsky drive after that is on the Crossbone Vanguard ship.

The LM uses a proprietary design though, developed from the minovsky craft...somehow.

The Zanspine is only superior over the base V2 because of its better basic armament. The V2's special equipment packages make up for the V2's deficiencies though.

Whoever told you the Zancock was superior to V2 is BSing to begin with. The Victory novel doesn't even feature a V2, only a similarly designed Victory 2nd, though it does have a minovsky drive as well. Otherwise there is no comparison to be heard of.
speedstriker

I had a feeling that Zanspine was created that way too, but I still think it's a bit too early to conclude that it's abilities are eclipsed by V2AB in every area. The reason being that the Zanspine is designed from the get go to carry all of its on board weapons, meaning that unlike the V2, which suffer performance drawbacks(because of the added weight, right? does it also have trouble keeping all the heavy weaponry online?), it is much more streamlined of a machine that probably has much better handling in general.

As for the WoL, all we know is that LM developed the technology using Mino-Craft, huh? Was it ever mentioned anywhere that LM or EF had connection to SNRI's F99 development team? I think they did, since I still can't imagine LM being able to make something that advanced independently. EDIT: On second thought, I take that back, since it's no use arguing against official material. So then LM just somehow got this trump card of a piece of technology that they used to win the war against Zanscare. Got it.

Finally, the Zancock is certainly sounding interesting, but what is it exactly? From whatever source I heard it from, it had WoL as well and was able to switch b/w various packs just like the V2, but you make it sound little more than a glorified Gengaozo stretched to its limits, which I guess following BESPA's development logic, isn't that hard to imagine them doing.
Geoxile wrote:IIRC the profile from G Gen says the Zanspine was designed using data on the Minovsky thrust/drive siphoned from LM.

X-bone shows that SNRI virtually lost all their prototypes and data on the minovsky drive system in Steel 7. All F99 record breakers being destroyed and them having no data left over IIRC. The only record of the minovsky drive after that is on the Crossbone Vanguard ship.

The LM uses a proprietary design though, developed from the minovsky craft...somehow.

The Zanspine is only superior over the base V2 because of its better basic armament. The V2's special equipment packages make up for the V2's deficiencies though.

Whoever told you the Zancock was superior to V2 is BSing to begin with. The Victory novel doesn't even feature a V2, only a similarly designed Victory 2nd, though it does have a minovsky drive as well. Otherwise there is no comparison to be heard of.
Geoxile

The acceleration rate of a MS doesn't matter so much as its combat ability. Look at Nu and Sazabi, slower than previous suits but their weaponry makes up for it. The V2 A/B IS significantly heavier but it also packs an impressive load out of weaponry. The Zanspine's notable basic advantage was the NT bits.

Anyway, I'm just saying the Zancock is never compared so drawing conclusions is strictly based on assumption. From my information it's similar to what the Zanspine would be, a MD MS with NT weapons though I'm not sure what they are. I've never actually read the novel mind you.
speedstriker

Eh, that's arguable I guess, since by the time of the Zanscare conflicts, the performance of high end suits can only be fully utilized by NTs anyway. But since I guess I don't have much information backing up my energy argument, I think your case is a bit stronger. Wouldn't the NT weapons still give the Zanspine a certain edge over the V2AB? If I remember correctly, Usso had quite a bit of trouble with things like strike claws so I'd imagine the Zanspine's batch of funnels giving it a bit of edge. There just isn't enough information for so many of these things and it's times like this when I'm very tempted to start referring to stats in G Generation games.
Geoxile

Well, the V2 Assault DID have two I-field generators. Not to mention a beam spray pod for taking out fast and small targets, intended for missiles, would probably work against bit to some degree. The only real advantage the Zanspine would have is the twinkle bits which is debatable against a fully armed V2 using the equipment packs.
speedstriker

Geoxile wrote:Well, the V2 Assault DID have two I-field generators. Not to mention a beam spray pod for taking out fast and small targets, intended for missiles, would probably work against bit to some degree. The only real advantage the Zanspine would have is the twinkle bits which is debatable against a fully armed V2 using the equipment packs.
You're right. My fanboyism is showing. But the Zanspine is so awesome of a suit though!
Dark Duel

Didn't the Zanspine also have THREE Minovsky Drives to the V2's two? I think I remember reading that it did. Not sure as to the source though, so maybe someone can confirm whether or not that's the case.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
speedstriker

Dark Duel wrote:Didn't the Zanspine also have THREE Minovsky Drives to the V2's two? I think I remember reading that it did. Not sure as to the source though, so maybe someone can confirm whether or not that's the case.
Yeah, it's true. From all representations of it, Zanspine's always been portrayed to have three Wings of Light rather than two.

EDIT: I can't stand it anymore! I'll throw in some stats from G Generation Wars, just as a reference!

V2AB:
HP-15960
EN-210
Attack-34
Defence-31
Mobility-35
Movement(how many squares it can move, or how fast the MS is)-9

Zanspine:
HP-15360
EN-150
Attack-33
Defence-30
Mobility-37
Movement-8

So, everything posted here are the base stats and from the looks of it, seems to be consistent with the conclusion we've drawn from this thread. V2AB does seem like a superior suit overall, with Zanspine's only advantage being its mobility. Another interesting thing is that Zanspine's energy allowance and weapon energy usage seems to portray it is somewhat energy efficient, so there goes my argument of it being more streamlined of a machine. Any thoughts?
HalfDemonInuyasha

As said, the Zanspine is really just better when compared to the basic Victory 2 while not taking into account any of its extra armaments from the Assault, Buster, or mixture of any kind. Victory 2 only having the same "basic" weapons (beam rifle, vulcans, beam sabers) with its Wings of Light.

Even with the Assault/Buster configuration, I believe I've read on a couple threads here that the estimated acceleration would probably be around 13 Gs or so, which would still be VERY impressive for a MS with so many armaments fixed on it. (It would still surpass past dedicated speed MS like the S-Gundam Booster Type which only had 10 Gs and that was after stripping several of its weapons and replacing its legs with Ex-S thrusters and such.)

In addition to the I-Fields and spray beam pod, the Assault also has VSBRs to penetrate the Zanspine's beam shields. (Though, its mega beam rifle would also easily do the trick too or the Buster's mega beam cannon.)
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
speedstriker

Thanks guys for confirming V2/V2AB as one of the strongest Gundam aside from Turn A, which is what all threads that has anything with V2's ultimate conclusion is, it seems... Oh well, there's gotta be someone who take the throne in the end. Zanspine would definitely put up a good fight, but unless there's some sort of plot point-ish exploitation of a feature that only Zanspine has that V2 doesn't (like the third WoL), it seems like V2 will probably emerge victorious.

Until there's any further information on Zanspine and Zancock, it'd be safe that this thread has run its course I guess.
HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:As said, the Zanspine is really just better when compared to the basic Victory 2 while not taking into account any of its extra armaments from the Assault, Buster, or mixture of any kind. Victory 2 only having the same "basic" weapons (beam rifle, vulcans, beam sabers) with its Wings of Light.

Even with the Assault/Buster configuration, I believe I've read on a couple threads here that the estimated acceleration would probably be around 13 Gs or so, which would still be VERY impressive for a MS with so many armaments fixed on it. (It would still surpass past dedicated speed MS like the S-Gundam Booster Type which only had 10 Gs and that was after stripping several of its weapons and replacing its legs with Ex-S thrusters and such.)

In addition to the I-Fields and spray beam pod, the Assault also has VSBRs to penetrate the Zanspine's beam shields. (Though, its mega beam rifle would also easily do the trick too or the Buster's mega beam cannon.)
Geoxile

Well the Zanspine CAN remove two of its minovsky drives and use them as melee weapons but that's kinda redundant >_>

Also, considering Usso as the pilot, he would win through some ingenious trick. Using beam emitters to grasp the WoL and use it to block a battleship buster? He's one of the best pilots of UC so within canon the Zanspine would have probably lost anyway.
speedstriker

Stop killing my fanboy dream even more! T_T

Usso's does have ridiculous piloting ingenuity though, almost as much as OYW Amuro I'd say. One thing that makes Usso surpass even Amuro is that he is much calmer in high pressure situations.
Ryujin

speedstriker wrote: As for the WoL, all we know is that LM developed the technology using Mino-Craft, huh? Was it ever mentioned anywhere that LM or EF had connection to SNRI's F99 development team? I think they did, since I still can't imagine LM being able to make something that advanced independently. EDIT: On second thought, I take that back, since it's no use arguing against official material. So then LM just somehow got this trump card of a piece of technology that they used to win the war against Zanscare. Got it.
Although official information is rather thin on the grounds, this thread offers up some plausible connections between AE, SNRI & LM based on what official info there is. It also speculates on how Minovsky Drive technology could've ended up in the LM's hands while taking into account Steel 7 and other events from Crossbone (them AE & SNRI engineers, can't move an inch without stepping on one :P ).
It's worth repeating that the V2's acceleration has never been officially stated as 20 g's. As explained previously by Mr. Toysdream on another thread, the 20 g figure apparently applies only to the Minovsky Drive unit itself, separate from the mobile suit (or so the original wording suggests).

And yes, I do have a hard-on for Minovsky Drives.