Tallgeese's Speed

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Genocide

Re: Tallgeese's Speed

DoubleZero wrote:Well, Zechs seems to be handling those maneuvers, and the only time Zechs pushed those super verniers to their limits is when he did that linear charge, thus the rib-breaking. Plus, it's actually more surprising that the linear acceleration at full throttle of the Tallgeese did more damage to Zechs than the maneuvers themselves.
From what I saw, Zechs was barely hanging on from the G-forces during his battle with the enemy mobile suits. Again, just because he pushed the super verniers to their limits during that scene doesn't mean much, since he could experience more Gs at lower outputs depending on how he's flying.
And Otto's test of the Tallgeese tells us that it's 3 times faster than an Aries, but it's max acceleration is unknown because Otto lost consciousness during the test. But how did Otto test the Tallgeese? A test for it's max acceleration?
Three times faster doesn't mean three times the acceleration. Since he doesn't exactly clarify, the obvious way of interpreting his words is that the Tallgeese's maximum speed is three times greater than that of the Aries'.
AnimeMun

Genocide wrote:
DoubleZero wrote:Well, Zechs seems to be handling those maneuvers, and the only time Zechs pushed those super verniers to their limits is when he did that linear charge, thus the rib-breaking. Plus, it's actually more surprising that the linear acceleration at full throttle of the Tallgeese did more damage to Zechs than the maneuvers themselves.
From what I saw, Zechs was barely hanging on from the G-forces during his battle with the enemy mobile suits. Again, just because he pushed the super verniers to their limits during that scene doesn't mean much, since he could experience more Gs at lower outputs depending on how he's flying.
And Otto's test of the Tallgeese tells us that it's 3 times faster than an Aries, but it's max acceleration is unknown because Otto lost consciousness during the test. But how did Otto test the Tallgeese? A test for it's max acceleration?
Three times faster doesn't mean three times the acceleration. Since he doesn't exactly clarify, the obvious way of interpreting his words is that the Tallgeese's maximum speed is three times greater than that of the Aries'.

I think the reason the term "three times" was pulled up there was an obvious homage to char. Who Zechs is the archetype for. There for the fact that that in and of itself was mentioned shouldn't have any relevance to this particular question. So what if Zechs didn't pilot anything remotely similar to the color red till the epyon? Thats not what this question is about, the question is about the Tallgeese's speed in and of itself. The only way of determining that would be to review the suit's full use throughout the series. Not as Tallgeese II or Tallgeese III because those are modified versions of the original Tallgeese, but the use of the Tallgeese from when Zechs himself started piloting it all the way until he obtained Wing Zero. That includes any canon sidestories concerning the Tallgeese.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Genocide

AnimeMun wrote:I think the reason the term "three times" was pulled up there was an obvious homage to char. Who Zechs is the archetype for. There for the fact that that in and of itself was mentioned shouldn't have any relevance to this particular question. So what if Zechs didn't pilot anything remotely similar to the color red till the epyon? Thats not what this question is about, the question is about the Tallgeese's speed in and of itself.
Wait, what? No one is saying that Char has anything to do with this. Yes, we all know that the statement was a homage to Char's "three times as fast" Zaku II, but that doesn't mean that we need to overlook it as irrelevant because in the end, it was said by a credible in-series source. Nevertheless, just because Char's Zaku II was three times as fast as a regular machine doesn't mean that it has three times the acceleration (frankly, it doesn't).
The only way of determining that would be to review the suit's full use throughout the series. Not as Tallgeese II or Tallgeese III because those are modified versions of the original Tallgeese, but the use of the Tallgeese from when Zechs himself started piloting it all the way until he obtained Wing Zero. That includes any canon sidestories concerning the Tallgeese.
Nitpick here, but the Tallgeese II is basically the same as the Tallgeese. It's different only aesthetically, whereas the Tallgeese III is a full overhaul.
DoubleZero

Could somebody translate this for me:
アフターコロニー世界における全ての戦闘用MSの原型となった機体。後にガンダムタイプを開発する5名の技術者、そして推進器技術の権威ハワード博士を加えた科学者グループによってA.C.175年頃に設計図が完成、機体の製作が開始された。

「重装甲の機体を大推力で制御する」というコンセプトで開発されたが、最大15Gまで加速する推力、エアリーズの3 倍以上の旋廻力などの運動性能、通常の人間では扱えないであろうことが予見された。加えて、「実際の運用においてはそこまでの性能は不要である」、「1つの機体に多くを望んで大型化した機体サイズは以降のMSの規格とするには不適当である」などの理由で、試作機1機の完成と数機分の予備パーツの製造を以って計画は中断された。しかしこのMS「トールギス」の設計を素案に、機体の簡素化とスケールダウン、生産性の向上を目指した新たな標準機の開発が行われ、原型機トールギスに先んじて量産型MS OZ-06MS「リーオー」シリーズが誕生。以後、このリーオーを基準として派生機の開発が行われることになる。このため、本機は「プロトタイプ・リーオー」とも呼ばれる。

ガンダムと似た意匠のフェイスの下が、リーオーと同様の四角形状センサーとなっていることからも、それが見て取れる。

名称の由来は降霊術師(Theurgist、テウルギスト、サージスト)から。
It's obviously information about Tallgeese. :|
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Zerosystem

As far as I can see, it's about the Tallgeese's development. I'm using Google translator and Babelfish, and the results differ somewhat. I may take a few liberties with the interpretation. Apparently, it looks likes nothing we haven't heard before, except these few things:

Babelfish: The super verniers were developed after the suit itself was finished without other thrusters.
Google: The scientists added the authority of Dr. Howard's propulsion technology (This might mean why Howard still had those orbital boosters for the Tallgeese, which he claimed were for the Gundams but were never used by them even though Howard was an ally of the Gundam pilots already.)

Babelfish: It has a thrust and rotation power of more than three times that of the Aries, resulting in a theoretical 15Gs of acceleration which is more than the usual person can handle.
Google: (Google mentions the same thing except that normal humans will be handled by it instead, haha.)

Babelfish: Tallgeese's size was inadequate (meaning as in not acceptable, I guess) and the project was suspended, until the Leo was developed as a smaller simpler solution.
Google: The Tallgeese project was intended to be more than a few spare parts and a design lasting for a short time, but simplifying the machine would mean the development of new standards aimed at improving equipment productivity and production model prototypes now known as the Leo.

Babelfish: It has a face similar to a Gundam, even though it has the square Leo camera under it.
Google: Under the Gundam face, it can see with a square shaped Leo sensor.

I'm just going to copy and paste the direct translation as this concerns the Tallgeese name. Google appears to be more accurate with it.
Babelfish: As for origin of name from descending/disembarking spirit technique teacher (Theurgist, [teurugisuto] and surge strike).
Google: The name comes from the necromancer (Theurgist, Teurugisuto, strike surge)
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion