Turn A Origins?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
DoubleZero

Turn A Origins?

Someone was telling me that Turn A was created by a UC mechanic. Is this true?
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
HalfDemonInuyasha

Re: Turn A Origins?

As far as I recall, there has never been any confirmed origin of creation for the Turn A nor the Turn X.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Zerosystem

DoubleZero wrote:Someone was telling me that Turn A was created by a UC mechanic. Is this true?
You tell that person that there's nothing anywhere that says that. What vague information there is mentions very little on where the Turn A or Turn X came from or even what order they came in.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
ORegan

DoubleZero wrote:Someone was telling me that Turn A was created by a UC mechanic. Is this true?

Let me guess...Youtuber named rematche told you this? :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
DoubleZero

ORegan wrote:
^ Yeah, found that in youtube last week, it left my head spinning (I guess you can't trust youtube). :|

How did you know?

Does people constantly lie in youtube that badly?

Oh yeah, checked that video again and I found out that he's pretending to be another person. :lol:
Kuruni

Quote from Cracked.com
3.The comments section on YouTube is generally regarded as a black hole of intelligence in the space-time continuum of the Internet]
I guess the origin of this fan wild mass guessing is SD G Generation Spirits's last stage (set in "far future"). It is UC-exclusive game, but this stage has Turn A, full power version (including teleport ability, warping rifle out of nowhere, mega field saber) attacking Earth.

But G Generation isn't official...
Last edited by Kuruni on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
My girlfriend was a loli.
ORegan

DoubleZero wrote:
ORegan wrote:
^ Yeah, found that in youtube last week, it left my head spinning (I guess you can't trust youtube). :|

How did you know?

He tried to say the same thing to me the other day before you made this topic, so I figured he's been going around youtube arguments about Turn A and the best timeline. ;)

To be fair on his part, he mentions his source

turn a was made by uc, written in a uc encyclopedia. an article of "2001 Correct Century, A Bibliographical Study of "Black History" was written on it. hence this is officially claimed that the Universal Century is a time before Correct Century, possibly around 3000 years before the story of ∀ begins.
I have no idea what encyclopedia he's referring too, or what year, as he neglected to say, so I'd take what he says with a grain of salt. Besides, it could just be an extra feature that came with the book for all I know.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Rawinder

ORegan wrote:To be fair on his part, he mentions his source
turn a was made by uc, written in a uc encyclopedia. an article of "2001 Correct Century, A Bibliographical Study of "Black History" was written on it. hence this is officially claimed that the Universal Century is a time before Correct Century, possibly around 3000 years before the story of ∀ begins.
I have no idea what encyclopedia he's referring too, or what year, as he neglected to say, so I'd take what he says with a grain of salt. Besides, it could just be an extra feature that came with the book for all I know.
The Turn A Gundam page on Wikipedia has that same information. The section is cited as coming from "Gundam Officials", whatever that is.
ZeonsSilverStar

I'm not too sure how true this is but wasn't one of the Turn units reverse engineered from the other?
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Aegis

Rawinder wrote: The Turn A Gundam page on Wikipedia has that same information. The section is cited as coming from "Gundam Officials", whatever that is.
Read that one as well, and we all know how accurate wiki is on Gundam. :P Would love to see confirmation of the info here.
Red Comet90

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:I'm not too sure how true this is but wasn't one of the Turn units reverse engineered from the other?
There are two stories about how they both came about and in both instances one is used to make the other. One story says the Turn X came from outside the solar system and they based the Turn A off of it and another says its the other way around. Honestly I think its a question better left unanswered.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
ZeonsSilverStar

Red Comet90 wrote:
ZeonsSilverStar wrote:I'm not too sure how true this is but wasn't one of the Turn units reverse engineered from the other?
There are two stories about how they both came about and in both instances one is used to make the other. One story says the Turn X came from outside the solar system and they based the Turn A off of it and another says its the other way around. Honestly I think its a question better left unanswered.
Well I guess there's no way of knowing for sure. You're probably right about the question going unanswered but this will provide some good food for thought later on.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
DoubleZero

Aegis wrote:
Rawinder wrote: The Turn A Gundam page on Wikipedia has that same information. The section is cited as coming from "Gundam Officials", whatever that is.
Read that one as well, and we all know how accurate wiki is on Gundam. :P Would love to see confirmation of the info here.
Didn't Mark give us a UC Encyclopedia some years ago?

Definitely a very good find. :mrgreen:
Last edited by DoubleZero on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleZero

I think I have a lead.

http://bbs.xhood.net/archiver/tid-7693.html

Does anybody know how to translate it?
ZeraX

well, according to "Mobile Suit Gundam: High Frontier" website.
and seeing the time-line

The Universal Century end in 0225, and the correct century begins in 2225
0225 ~ 2225 The Interregnum. The Universal Century calendar ends and the Correct Century calendar begins.
in 2345, Turn A re-activated, but didn't mention when it built.
Rawinder

ZeraX wrote:well, according to "Mobile Suit Gundam: High Frontier" website.
and seeing the time-line

The Universal Century end in 0225, and the correct century begins in 2225
0225 ~ 2225 The Interregnum. The Universal Century calendar ends and the Correct Century calendar begins.
in 2345, Turn A re-activated, but didn't mention when it built.
That's not saying the Universal Century ends in 225, just that is the last known UC date (though I'm not sure where that date is from). I.e., at some point between UC 225 and CC 2225, the UC calendar ended and was replaced with the CC calendar.
mcred23

Rawinder wrote:That's not saying the Universal Century ends in 225, just that is the last known UC date (though I'm not sure where that date is from). I.e., at some point between UC 225 and CC 2225, the UC calendar ended and was replaced with the CC calendar.
Also note that it's just a fan theory that the CC calendar follows the UC one (Or any others, for that matter). You don't have to believe it/agree with it if you don't want to.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
toysdream

The CC calendar years aren't supposed to be a continuation of the U.C. ones, either. In the Turn A animation, the characters estimate that the first space age was 5,000-10,000 years ago (depending on whether you're going by the TV or movie dialogue). I think the CC calendar only began after the Turn A wiped out civilization with the Moonbeam Butterfly. High Frontier's claim that UC = CC isn't correct.

-- Mark
ZeraX

however, between UC and CC there are FC,AC and AW.
so it a very long period between these 2 era
TakaTahuNuva

toysdream wrote:The CC calendar years aren't supposed to be a continuation of the U.C. ones, either. In the Turn A animation, the characters estimate that the first space age was 5,000-10,000 years ago (depending on whether you're going by the TV or movie dialogue). I think the CC calendar only began after the Turn A wiped out civilization with the Moonbeam Butterfly. High Frontier's claim that UC = CC isn't correct.

-- Mark
Not that I support this theory, mind you, but what you said doesn't really contradict High Frontier's theory. As said above, nowhere is it stated when exactly UC ends - which means it could have gone for another 5000-10000 years, and only then ∀ wiped them out and started the CC calendar. *shrugs*
ohhhh snap