The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

IMPO, I'm theorizing believe the Tau Drive is a temporary configuration used by the Raphael until Tiera rejoins the Ptolemaios group. Ian mentioned in 00V Senki 4 that CB retains 4 out of 5 of their Drives with one being destroyed in the Innovator battle. I've always assumed that they left Tiera was left with one and that Ian took this into account when he mentioned the "4 remaining", but if Ian actually meant the 4 Drives all being in their inventory than it means that Tiera has no original Drives left to use the Raphael with after he produced it and large Drive-Replacement tank would not be an option either, making Tiera using the Tau Drive instead.

But it could also be a permanent configuration with the main Raphael without the backpack, we'll have to wait and see to know for sure.

Whatever the case, considering that Raphael was produced by Tiera himself it depends on how willing Tiera was in utilizing Tau Drives. The usual mechanic crew of CB is not involved in its production so it depends on what Tiera wants, I do not recall CB's philosophy on not using Tau Drives being clearly defined anyways. It could always be an infrastructure problem of producing them (especially if special machines/factories are needed in order to make the Imitation Solar Furnaces), which Tiera should not have being (secretly) in control of Veda afterall.
AnimeMun

If it is a permanent configuration then that means that the new TDS in Qan[T] is produced using Tieria's drive and Exia's drive, saving them a trip to and from Jupiter for new construction to take place. I don't know how likely this explanation is seeing as they intended to go to Jupiter and back to create the new GN Drive. Therefore the only reason they'd make this move is if the Earth Federation somehow blocked them from going to Jupiter. Of course this question won't be answered until the movie releases, but it is a more considerable possibility now from the evidence before us.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Gundam Meister

AnimeMun wrote:If it is a permanent configuration then that means that the new TDS in Qan[T] is produced using Tieria's drive and Exia's drive, saving them a trip to and from Jupiter for new construction to take place. I don't know how likely this explanation is seeing as they intended to go to Jupiter and back to create the new GN Drive. Therefore the only reason they'd make this move is if the Earth Federation somehow blocked them from going to Jupiter. Of course this question won't be answered until the movie releases, but it is a more considerable possibility now from the evidence before us.
I Remember reading somewhere that they where creating new GN Drives specifically for The OO QAN[T} TDS
Arsarcana

No, they had to have made at least one new drive. We know 00Q has the TDS and all the other suits are seen emitting green particles so that's five. Plus, don't forget that they can't synch any of their remaining Drives. The Drive the Exia R2 used originally belonged to 0 and they couldn't synch that with anything but Exia's original Drive.

Plus, y'know, the first teaser said straight out 'New GN Drives'. A lot of things may have changed since then but I doubt that's one of them.
Gundam Meister

So since this the 00 Mecha Thread i want ask a question how do you all think Setsuna is gonna use the 00 Gundam equip whit two GN Condensers
Arsarcana

Unless it's as a stopgap measure while waiting for 00Q to be finished, I highly doubt he's going to use it at all. Keep in mind that 00 Raiser needed the TDS because it had an incredible particle requirement to get the kind of performance it demonstrated. No Drives means lousy endurance if the pilot tries to operate the thing at a similar level and of course no Trans Am (Burst). Basically, it would be less impressive than the original 00 Raiser, which is going to be outmatched by the 00Q. Not much reason for Setsuna to use the thing unless it's some sort of dire emergency and his real suit isn't available.
Arvis Taljik

Arsarcana wrote:The Drive the Exia R2 used originally belonged to 0 and they couldn't synch that with anything but Exia's original Drive.
Exia R2 never, at any point in the anime or manga, had 0 Gundam's drive installed aboard. 0 Gundam's drive has only been used onboard 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam prior to being removed by Ribbons Almark and placed back onto 0 Gundam, after which the drive was destroyed by Setsuna in the Exia R2.
Arsarcana

We've gone over this before. When Setsuna is imploring the 00 to activate, you clearly see the right shoulder when he says 0 Gundam and the left shoulder when he says Exia. 00 lost the left shoulder Drive to Ribbons. The PG kit confirmed that the left Drive belonged to Exia. The Special Edition didn't change this, which could have been easily done by just reversing the order of the two shots during the activation.
SonicSP

AnimeMun wrote:If it is a permanent configuration then that means that the new TDS in Qan[T] is produced using Tieria's drive and Exia's drive, saving them a trip to and from Jupiter for new construction to take place. I don't know how likely this explanation is seeing as they intended to go to Jupiter and back to create the new GN Drive. Therefore the only reason they'd make this move is if the Earth Federation somehow blocked them from going to Jupiter. Of course this question won't be answered until the movie releases, but it is a more considerable possibility now from the evidence before us.
We still have to take into account how Raphael with the backpack still uses the Original Drive/particles in the previous trailers. and the 00Q website profile states that it has the recently created solar furnace onboard it, so the creation of a new Drive is not in question anymore. The current theories are that either the Tau is a temporary configuration until Tiera rejoins Ptolemaios group (since he does not have an original on his own) or that the Tau Drive is always onboard Raphael, waiting to be used when the backpack separates from the main body.

And as Arsarcana mentioned, the other 4 remaining combos cannot sync enough to become a Twin Drive.

Besides, they've went to Jupiter and started something already. Ian mentioned in 00V Senki One that they've started a recent project at Jupiter.
Arvis Taljik wrote:Exia R2 never, at any point in the anime or manga, had 0 Gundam's drive installed aboard. 0 Gundam's drive has only been used onboard 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam prior to being removed by Ribbons Almark and placed back onto 0 Gundam, after which the drive was destroyed by Setsuna in the Exia R2.
For the moment, there is enough evidence to show that R2 had the original 0 Gundam's Drive, aka GN Drive Unit 000. The evidence arsarcana showed is enough to showcase it.

A counterargument is a specific scene in S201 with Ian, however it should be taken into account that this was BEFORE the final installation in place. They've always could have switch the positions over, and the evidence from the later point in time S202 supported by the PG 00 Raiser manual shows that they did switch them for whatever reason.

The destruction of the originally Exia's drive on the 0 Gundam ACD, aka GN Drive Unit 001 is significant in the sense that its part of the only Twin Drive combo that work but otherwise as single Drives alone they're differences are not that significant .
Arsarcana

SonicSP wrote:We still have to take into account how Raphael with the backpack still uses the Original Drive/particles in the previous trailers
Well, the red circle on the rear of the backpack looks an awful lot like the casing on Seraphim's Drive, so one could argue that the true Drive is stored there and when docked, the main body draws all its particles from there. The Tau Drive then would just be there to give the main body a longer operating time when separated than a condenser pack would (not to mention possibly providing a backup power source during the post-Trans Am recharge phase). The condensers throughout the unit(s) also probably store the green particles so the beam color wouldn't have to change at least for a little while even after the main body's Tau Drive kicked in.
SonicSP

I disagree with the last part, Raphael seems to be using orange beams when its dismounted with the backpack. Not that its impossible but I just believe it is not the case. Assuming my other theory of Tau Raphael being a temporary powerplant before Tiera turns out not to be true.

But then again, there is little knowledge we have regarding using Tau and Original Particles in the same MS, so we're in new territory here.
Arsarcana

Yeah, the new trailer does show the rifle firing an orange beam. Then again, we don't know how long it's been separated from the backpack, whether it's a permanant option or just a temporary and, of course, new territory in any case. Still, makes for interesting speculation, doesn't it?

Trailer link, the 00 material starts at about 1:11.
AnimeMun

I saw Tieria in a cockpit there though, that must mean that not only does both parts of Raphael have cockpits but also that Tieria has a new body a la Ribbons. Part of this makes me wonder the reasonings behind this as well as if Tieria has more innovade support options. Maybe even there being two Tierias at once.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

azrael

Perhaps when Tiera leaves CB (the giant ship), all he has access to is the Tau drives. Which is also why he's in the older Normal suit when we see him greet Al and Marie. When he rejoins the rest of Plotomey II-Kai later in the movie, they exchange the Tau drive with his old drive from Seraphim. Or the older trailer got the color wrong and corrected it in the new trailer and Raphael was always suppose to have a Tau drive.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Kenji

Interestingly, the trailer also seems to show Setsuna piloting the 00R. So, I guess that may answer what he uses prior to the 00Q's completion.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
AnimeMun

Kenji wrote:Interestingly, the trailer also seems to show Setsuna piloting the 00R. So, I guess that may answer what he uses prior to the 00Q's completion.
Hold on, to me that looked a lot like a flashback to Trans-Am Burst. Probably a scene for Descartes' innovation?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

SonicSP

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/483 ... 5bbe_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/483 ... eb86_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/483 ... e4d7_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/483 ... 3d7f_b.jpg

Model screenshots of the 3 Gundams and 00 Qan[T].

Wow, they look lovely, Harute's rifles are also claws it seems and Zabanya's forward rifle attachment can act as an individual bit itself although I guess its possible that its just flying off to a form a full Rifle Bit II rather than be an individual shooting Bits. Remote weapons galore indeed.

Credit goes to Ngee Khiong.
AnimeMun

Wow, in that picture it almost looks like Raphael was designed to be kinda like Devil Gundam.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Arsarcana

I'd been wondering about Harute's rifles since they have that hinge-looking bit at the base, though from this angle couldn't it just be moving part of the rifle out of the way to reveal a second barrel? Also, I wonder what that's supposed to be around the right rifle. Just a motion blur gimmick or some sort of new ability we haven't seen in the series before?

Raphael's claws open up a lot more than I thought they would; I pity the fool on the recieving end of that.
Dark Duel

Actually, those aren't the models.
Gundam Double O Movie Gashapon Announced
Awesome future gashapon set of Gundam Double O movie Gundams announced by Bandai.

Gundam Double O Ring of Meisters
They're still awesome little figures though - I'll definitely grab a few if I get the chance.
Though now I think about it, that announcement might've better fit into the Merchandise thread :oops:
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."