The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
quasadra

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

Arsarcana wrote: I forget who it was but someone on here speculated a while ago that it might have a feature like that once we saw that the bits no longer had the handles seen in the initial teaser.
that would be me. :P
back in Oct last year i wrote:first impression is going strong. i can bet that Quanta's bits will combine with its sword for a bigger sword or gun.
so yeah... though its still to be seen weather its a model only feature or not.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
azrael

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Ok look at this. 00 Qan[T] HG models now shows the sword bit gimmick, GN Sword Riffle mode, and the combination sword...yeah!!
00 Qan [T]! Commencing Limit Break!
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Derringer

So....do we have a technical explanation for the green blade that showed up on the GN Sword 3, and is now present on Quan[t]'s armarments?
exxecutor000

Refer to the latest 00[T] model kit photos uploaded by Ngeekhiong:

At the back of the MS, there's a big hollow 'socket' (previously seems like a condenser in the lineart). Possible add-on equipments?
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Gone Astray

Derringer wrote:So....do we have a technical explanation for the green blade that showed up on the GN Sword 3, and is now present on Quan[t]'s armarments?
It's made of the same material that comprises the GN condensers. The stuff apparently channels a lot of heat for cutting; while they were testing the 00's Seven Sword equipment, the material, which was being used for the GN Katars, melted the weapons. That's obviously no longer a problem, since the new GN Sword apparently has a solid blade of the stuff.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Laevatein

exxecutor000 wrote:Refer to the latest 00[T] model kit photos uploaded by Ngeekhiong:

At the back of the MS, there's a big hollow 'socket' (previously seems like a condenser in the lineart). Possible add-on equipments?
It's not hollow though, as this particular image would attest to.
AnimeMun

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Ok look at this. 00 Qan[T] HG models now shows the sword bit gimmick, GN Sword Riffle mode, and the combination sword...yeah!!
Oh my.... I think I just made a mess after seeing that. There is no way I can avoid getting this model now.

HEY! get your minds out of the gutter I'm only drooling. XP

On another note, does this mean we'll be seeing a "Trans-Am Qan[T]" attack with this combined baby? Or do you think it will be more of a "Ha! take this" situation and in mid swing it will break apart and go for an all directions swords into the barrel type of attack? Either way its gonna have some impressive attack scenes.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
SonicSP

Derringer wrote:So....do we have a technical explanation for the green blade that showed up on the GN Sword 3, and is now present on Quan[t]'s armarments?
In essence, the green blade is made out of the same material as the GN Condensers. The material is capabale of generating large amounts of heats converted from GN Particles. [We do not know whether the same particle storage principle is being used here; just that the same material used for GN Condenser is also used for this extreme heat generation from GNP ability]

In essence, the strength of the weapons comes fro this immense heat generation capability. When the heat comes into contact with a target, the immense heat is capable of melting armor and the contact surface even before actual solid contact is made. The weakened target surface would be even more vulnerable for the upcoming actual contact with the sword later on, which would greatly increase the damage potential of the weapon. One could also imagine that the heat would play a role in increasing the damage done by the sword as it cleaves through the target as well since everything neaby would be affected by it.

This was first tested on the GN Katers on the Seven Swords weapons set as an experimented weapon, however the heat generated was so immense and uncontainable that the sword melted themselves. By the time this experimental technique was implemented on the GN Sword III later on, this new method has been perfected and works and does not melt the source blade in question.

This method application was also applied to the GN Sword Kai used by Exia R2, and later on the GN Sword II Blaster used by 00 Seven Sword/G. Its latest usage would be on the Sword Bits and on 00 Qan[t]'s main sword as we can visually see.
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:IT SLICES!! IT DICES!! IT MAKES JULIENNE FRIES!!

Setsuna is going to have a lot of fun with this Gundam. Question: If it has the TDS, where is the twin drive?
Technically..........it shouldn't be a Gundam based on the name; just like the 00 Raiser. If the same full power Twin Drive= "surpass Gundam title" philosophy is decided to be applied here by CB [which looks to be the case just by the lack of the title]; then it should not be a Gundam in the same spirit as well.

We have confirmation that it has a Twin Drive although we are not aware of the form that it is in, due to new Drive being involved. My guess is the front chest circle is one and the back circle is the other one.
SonicSP

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3266/image010nz.jpg

http://www.yomban.jp/works/gundam/gundam10_01_.html

This month's G-R00MS features the MAJ-03 Shuichai. Its the one we saw Exia destroyed underwater during the La Eden episode.

I hope the article has something interesting. Any new stuff on conventional MS is always nice.
AnimeMun

Looking at the Shuichai I have to ask, wasn't the Trilobite developed from this MA?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Homeless

The Trilobite is actually a Union-based design. The genealogy chart from Gundam Weapons/00V declines to connect the Shuichai and Trilobite at all.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
SonicSP

Like homeless said, it is Union related. The chart visually links it from the Flag and GN-X specifically, though I wouldnt know what the words say.

I guess the Flag-like head sort of was a clue to this fact as well.
AnimeMun

Homeless wrote:The Trilobite is actually a Union-based design. The genealogy chart from Gundam Weapons/00V declines to connect the Shuichai and Trilobite at all.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the chart. Although we haven't really seen much in the name of Union MA. We've seen the Agrissa from the AEU and the Shuichai from the HRL. Did the Union have an MA?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

Proof-positive of the Raphael's backpack being a folded-over Gundam in and of itself:
Snapshot from Tokyo Toy Show 2010, HG 1/144 Raphael Gundam

You can also see that it apparently has one (fake) GN Drive in each leg, situated in front of the knee joint.

Image found on Ngee Khiong's blog
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
Newtype87

ironscythe wrote:Proof-positive of the Raphael's backpack being a folded-over Gundam in and of itself:

You can also see that it apparently has one (fake) GN Drive in each leg, situated in front of the knee joint.

Huh. Didn't somebody draw something like this several months ago or something like that? Once again, the public has guessed at Tieria's machine's gimmick. Interesting choice on the GN-T Drives there, unless they're just drive cones, but Tieria may have one true GN Drive and two false ones for extra power. Or, wait, did Tieria lose access to his GN Drive? I can't remember?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Shores

ironscythe wrote:Proof-positive of the Raphael's backpack being a folded-over Gundam in and of itself:

Three things:
1. That's absolutely nothing more than we've already seen in line-art and not on a toy that doesn't transform, except the faint outline of a hand.
2. We don't know at all what those cones are. They look like drives, but there's other drive-like shapes on other structures.
3. Everyone in this topic would be more surprised if it wasn't a Gundam on its back. Yes, it's very suggestive of a folded mobile suit. So is every picture we see of it.

Hypothesis... remains pretty much the same, actually. The only thing that could really be different is their roles in combat (especially since Raphael itself only has that rifle and that Gundam is gonna be one hefty mother). But that's plot stuff. As far as the machine, it's still looking like a transforming Gundam. Next?
AnimeMun

First and foremost, I guessed at the folded Gundam aspect of Raphael when we saw it from behind. (Is the other half Donatello Gundam?) Secondly, I thought we all agreed those were just thruster cones attached to huge GN Condensers since all animation so far shows Raphael using GREEN particles.

On a different note, since it seems that they can split to be two seperate Gundams and we know Regene has joined Tieria in Veda, is Regene helping Tieria out by being his co-pilot as I am guessing that both aspects of Raphael are controlled by Tieria from Veda?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Newtype87

AnimeMun wrote:First and foremost, I guessed at the folded Gundam aspect of Raphael when we saw it from behind. (Is the other half Donatello Gundam?) Secondly, I thought we all agreed those were just thruster cones attached to huge GN Condensers since all animation so far shows Raphael using GREEN particles.

On a different note, since it seems that they can split to be two seperate Gundams and we know Regene has joined Tieria in Veda, is Regene helping Tieria out by being his co-pilot as I am guessing that both aspects of Raphael are controlled by Tieria from Veda?
Can't GN-T drives be tuned to any color, and the only reason they're tuned to red/orange is because of beam strength? Tieria could tune a GN-T drive to emit green particles if he needed to. But given CB's hangup about not using GN-T drives (down to even their support machines only having a limited supply thanks to using condensers to power them), they're probably just emitter cones.

Also, given Raphael is an angel of healing and Tieria controls the Trial system, I think something like "Azrael" (archangel of death) would be appropriate.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
azrael

Newtype87 wrote:Also, given Raphael is an angel of healing and Tieria controls the Trial system, I think something like "Azrael" (archangel of death) would be appropriate.
You called? :lol:

It's possible. But they will probably keep it under wraps till the movie comes out.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."