The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AnimeMun

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

Post by AnimeMun » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:31 am

I guess the same could be said about the possibility that after having them split in two that Tieria and Regene each pilot a specific "half" of the MS, what with not having to be restricted to their respective physical bodies anymore.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!

Newtype87

Post by Newtype87 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:06 pm

AnimeMun wrote:I guess the same could be said about the possibility that after having them split in two that Tieria and Regene each pilot a specific "half" of the MS, what with not having to be restricted to their respective physical bodies anymore.
Well, if Tieria's not restricted to his body anymore, then why need Regene at all? Tieria could easily run two mobiles suits and Veda at the same time, given his new abilities. Albeit, Tieria never really demonstrated perfect control over two mobile suits the last time he controlled Seravee and Seraphim, but he handled them reasonably well and that was just as a human. Add in GN communications or whatever it is, and Tieria could easily control both halves of the mobile suit with little effort or assistance. Plus, I don't think they'd give him Regene as a sidekick.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham

AnimeMun

Post by AnimeMun » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Probably not, although it would be a nice surprise and have some fun with them being "twins" and whatnot.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

Post by ironscythe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Shores wrote: Three things:
1. That's absolutely nothing more than we've already seen in line-art and not on a toy that doesn't transform, except the faint outline of a hand.
2. We don't know at all what those cones are. They look like drives, but there's other drive-like shapes on other structures.
3. Everyone in this topic would be more surprised if it wasn't a Gundam on its back. Yes, it's very suggestive of a folded mobile suit. So is every picture we see of it.

Hypothesis... remains pretty much the same, actually. The only thing that could really be different is their roles in combat (especially since Raphael itself only has that rifle and that Gundam is gonna be one hefty mother). But that's plot stuff. As far as the machine, it's still looking like a transforming Gundam. Next?

Well, y'see, back before 00 started, I got in this argument with a guy over whether or not the Kyrios was a transforming Gundam (he thought it was a support fighter, and seemed very butthurt over anyone pointing out details to the contrary), and he then went and made an ass of himself again over the Seravee/Serpahim concept. Kinda like how you're semi-attacking me for having my own idea about the cones.

We're a little early in the game to be declaring what's "old news" or shooting down theories and speculations. So put away your 3-point arguments and stop being a jerk.

*ahem* where was I?
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"

ShadowCell

Post by ShadowCell » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:53 pm

The same goes for you, ironscythe.

On an unrelated note, please replace your avatar. Animated ones are against the rules here.

ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

Post by ironscythe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm

ShadowCell wrote:The same goes for you, ironscythe.

On an unrelated note, please replace your avatar. Animated ones are against the rules here.
I must admit it was just a little retaliatory, my last post... I'll try to keep it civil from now on.

Why are animated avatars not allowed? And since when? I've been around for a while, and this is news to me... (I may have forgotten if I was previously told). Just curious.
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"

Areku

Post by Areku » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:28 pm

I don't think animated avatars have ever been allowed. At least, they haven't been for the 2.5 years I've been here. Yours just wasn't obvious enough to draw anyone's ire before now.

ShadowCell

Post by ShadowCell » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Animated avatars have always been against the rules so we don't have everyone's browsers grinding to a halt trying to load a bunch of huge animated gifs at the same time. Gotta apply the rules to everyone and all.

Anyways. Carry on.

Arsarcana

Post by Arsarcana » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Shores wrote:The only thing that could really be different is their roles in combat (especially since Raphael itself only has that rifle and that Gundam is gonna be one hefty mother).
Actually, there's still the unexplained emitter-looking things at the elbows where the GNZ suits had the GN Cutters. I'd wager they're saber projectors, which (if true) would give the thing basically the same arsenal as the Nadleeh and probably the same combat role. Although by the looks of things, the main Drive is also in the backpack so perhaps Tieria realized that he might as well leave the primary power source in the half that needs it the most and let the thing with the lower particle requirements operate on condensers?
Newtype87 wrote:Also, given Raphael is an angel of healing and Tieria controls the Trial system, I think something like "Azrael" (archangel of death) would be appropriate.
Not going into the potential name of whatever Raphael's backpack winds up being, a fun factoid I found out is that in Islam rather than being associated with healing Raphael is the angel who heralds the day of judgment. Kinda fitting all things considered. Given that the writers had to do some research to come up with Zabanya and Harute, I wonder if they're aware of the extra level of meaning there.

Newtype87

Post by Newtype87 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Arsarcana wrote:
Shores wrote:The only thing that could really be different is their roles in combat (especially since Raphael itself only has that rifle and that Gundam is gonna be one hefty mother).
Actually, there's still the unexplained emitter-looking things at the elbows where the GNZ suits had the GN Cutters. I'd wager they're saber projectors, which (if true) would give the thing basically the same arsenal as the Nadleeh and probably the same combat role. Although by the looks of things, the main Drive is also in the backpack so perhaps Tieria realized that he might as well leave the primary power source in the half that needs it the most and let the thing with the lower particle requirements operate on condensers?
If that's true (and Backrael has the GN Drive), then I wonder if the "cockpit" (since Tieria probably doesn't need a cockpit now) is in the backpack suit, rather than the visible suit. Both of Tieria's suits have the cockpit and the GN drive going together, with the other suit either just strapped on armor or a full drone unit. I can't imagine Tieria going far from his GN Drive willingly, so if this idea has any merit then it'd be the first time for Tieria that the smaller suit is the drone. Of course, since Tieria is basically Veda now, there's no reason he can't "be" in both of them at the same time, so none of this really matters I suppose. But the smaller suit has always been the Trial carrier, with the big one being the combat support and heavy damage suit, so we can reasonably guess that Raphael has the Trial system.
Arsarcana wrote:
Newtype87 wrote:Also, given Raphael is an angel of healing and Tieria controls the Trial system, I think something like "Azrael" (archangel of death) would be appropriate.
Not going into the potential name of whatever Raphael's backpack winds up being, a fun factoid I found out is that in Islam rather than being associated with healing Raphael is the angel who heralds the day of judgment. Kinda fitting all things considered. Given that the writers had to do some research to come up with Zabanya and Harute, I wonder if they're aware of the extra level of meaning there.
Ooh, that IS very cool. I did not know that, but I imagine the creators know that too. And really, both meanings fit: Raphael as an angel of judgement fits Tieria's control of the Trial system perfectly, while Raphael as a healer fits Celestial Being's desire to fix the world. That's very cool indeed. I'll have to remember that.

PS: I propose "Backrael" as a nickname for Raphael's backpack mobile suit until we learn its real name. ;)
PPS: Random thought: what if Raphael is the name of the combined unit, with each sub-half (suit and backpack) getting its own name?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham

AnimeMun

Post by AnimeMun » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Hmm, that would make sense in a way. Seperate there is the 1 Gundam and the GN Cannon, but together you get the Reborns Gundam/Cannon. If thats the case with Raphael then the names for the two seperate units will be related to twins of some sort. (Cain Gundam and Abel Gundam?)

The Cross-Culture Hero.

SniperBlade

Post by SniperBlade » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

Well I'm going to take my guess and guess that Raph, will go go go go GO GO POWER RANGERS!!! GO GO POWER RANGERS! And have its Backpack become addition armour of some sorts, we saw that Virtue could ditch its armour for a smaller form, why not do it backwards. Having the smaller figure as a main and in a rough situation Then again thats just blind speculation and I'm just thinking out loud while fleeing.

But from that model picture it looks like the rear cannons, not the claw ones can swivel and turn where they connect.

JEFFPIATT

Post by JEFFPIATT » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

SniperBlade wrote:Well I'm going to take my guess and guess that Raph, will go go go go GO GO POWER RANGERS!!! GO GO POWER RANGERS! And have its Backpack become addition armour of some sorts, we saw that Virtue could ditch its armour for a smaller form, why not do it backwards. Having the smaller figure as a main and in a rough situation Then again thats just blind speculation and I'm just thinking out loud while fleeing.

But from that model picture it looks like the rear cannons, not the claw ones can swivel and turn where they connect.
that joke would go better if Johnny Yong Bosch was in the us voice cast.

AnimeMun

Post by AnimeMun » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Agreed, major fail there SniperBlade.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Racer09

Post by Racer09 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:18 pm

There was mention a page back of a chart that connects the MS of 00 in a chart to show their linage to one another. Does anyone have a link to this chart for me? It would be much appreciated.

And I will chime in and say the Raphael looks far more like it is going to be a separate MS than additional armor. I hope that is not the case because additional armor would look really good, but from the lineart and models it looks far more like it will be a separate unit then add-ons.

AnimeMun

Post by AnimeMun » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 pm

*suddenly imagines the two halves of Raphael doing a little dance the each carrying a GN Bazooka holding hands shoot a joint shot a la Domon+Rain in the final scene of G Gundam* I don't know why I imagined that after the last post....but it is a scary thought.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Laevatein

Post by Laevatein » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 am

00 Qan[T] and Zabanya gimmicks

Don't have knowledge of japanese, but casual observations point out the following:

- 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword is the GN Sword V
- Zabanya's GN Sniper Rifles are modular, and can detach parts to become GN Pistols or GN Rifle Bits
- Containers can combine with each other in twos to become shield bits

exxecutor000

Post by exxecutor000 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:51 am

Laevatein wrote:00 Qan[T] and Zabanya gimmicks

Don't have knowledge of japanese, but casual observations point out the following:

- 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword is the GN Sword V
- Zabanya's GN Sniper Rifles are modular, and can detach parts to become GN Pistols or GN Rifle Bits
- Containers can combine with each other in twos to become shield bits
The GN Sinper Rifle also incorporate axe/blade. Ability slicing the enemy similar to 00 Qan[T] ?
exxecutor000... zero zero zero

Laevatein

Post by Laevatein » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:04 am

It's just the short blades similar to the ones on the GN Pistol II's: used mainly for anti-beam saber defense rather than any real close-range melee combat capability.

Sulendil Zeta

Post by Sulendil Zeta » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:34 am

And now I wonder where's GN Sword IV?